Subject: Re: [Healeys] New guy seeking advice

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 08:54:38 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3221411649970208149==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0093_01D1E0D2.045728F0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0093_01D1E0D2.045728F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have to comment to this one.

Beverly Hills Car Club buys and sells a LOT of BJ8s.  Many of them (but
certainly not all) are in un-restored, rough condition and it seems most of
them next turn up in Europe or Australia.  Relative to Bob Russell's car,
the only thing they did wrong was to buy the car without checking first with
the BJ8 Registry to see if there was any record of it.  Had they done so,
they would have learned that it had been reported stolen in 1970 and never
recovered.

Bob Russell contacted me in 2006 to ask if I had any record of the car.  At
the time, I did not.  But with the information he provided, I entered it
into the registry.  When I saw it come up for sale on eBay by BHCC in 2012,
I notified Bob and he took it from there.  He was successful in getting the
car back primarily because he still had a copy of the police report of the
theft, and his title and keys.

There are several other cars in the registry reported as stolen.  One of
them also came up for sale on eBay a few years ago, but the registry record
was only that the notice had appeared in Chatter magazine years ago and said
that the car had been stolen in 1973 in New York City.  Call "Eric", with a
telephone number.  Unfortunately, with only a first name and a long-obsolete
telephone number to go on, there was no way to identify or notify "Eric".  

As someone already said, BHCC provides an unusual amount of photos for the
cars they have for sale, so they aren't trying to hide anything about them.
However, they used to include the VINs of the cars they have for sale in
their descriptions, but after losing the car to Bob Russell  they quit doing
that.  You have to ask for it now.   Wonder why so many dealers and
individuals are reluctant to identify the VINs of the cars they have for
sale?

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ed Reiss
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2016 2:42 PM
To: Healey list
Subject: [Healeys] New guy seeking advice

As far as Beverly Hills SC is concerned, they were the dealer involved in
this story

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-reunites-car-42-years-stolen/story?id=167
57179

------=_NextPart_000_0093_01D1E0D2.045728F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:x=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>I =
have to comment to this one.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Beverly Hills Car Club buys and sells a LOT of =
BJ8s.&nbsp; Many of them (but certainly not all) are in un-restored, =
rough condition and it seems most of them next turn up in Europe or =
Australia.&nbsp; Relative to Bob Russell's car, the only thing they did =
wrong was to buy the car without checking first with the BJ8 Registry to =
see if there was any record of it.&nbsp; Had they done so, they would =
have learned that it had been reported stolen in 1970 and never =
recovered.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>Bob =
Russell contacted me in 2006 to ask if I had any record of the =
car.&nbsp; At the time, I did not.&nbsp; But with the information he =
provided, I entered it into the registry.&nbsp; When I saw it come up =
for sale on eBay by BHCC in 2012, I notified Bob and he took it from =
there.&nbsp; He was successful in getting the car back primarily because =
he still had a copy of the police report of the theft, and his title and =
keys.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>There are several other cars in the registry reported =
as stolen.&nbsp; One of them also came up for sale on eBay a few years =
ago, but the registry record was only that the notice had appeared in =
Chatter magazine years ago and said that the car had been stolen in 1973 =
in New York City.&nbsp; Call &quot;Eric&quot;, with a telephone =
number.&nbsp; Unfortunately, with only a first name and a long-obsolete =
telephone number to go on, there was no way to identify or notify =
&quot;Eric&quot;.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>As someone already said, BHCC provides an =
unusual amount of photos for the cars they have for sale, so they aren't =
trying to hide anything about them.&nbsp; However, they used to include =
the VINs of the cars they have for sale in their descriptions, but after =
losing the car to Bob Russell&nbsp; they quit doing that.&nbsp; You have =
to ask for it now. &nbsp;&nbsp;Wonder why so many dealers and =
individuals are reluctant to identify the VINs of the cars they have for =
sale?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 =
Registry</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Ed =
Reiss<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, July 17, 2016 2:42 PM<br><b>To:</b> Healey =
list<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] New guy seeking =
advice<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div id=3Ddivtagdefaultwrapper><p =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:black'>As far as =
Beverly Hills SC is concerned, they were the dealer involved in this =
story<o:p></o:p></span></p><p style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p=
></span></p><p style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:black'><a =
href=3D"http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-reunites-car-42-years-stolen/s=
tory?id=3D16757179" =
id=3DLPlnk556294>http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-reunites-car-42-years=
-stolen/story?id=3D16757179</a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></body><=
/html>
------=_NextPart_000_0093_01D1E0D2.045728F0--

--===============3221411649970208149==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3221411649970208149==--

---

From: "Jerry Costanzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:42:12 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1839850571154500588==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0077_01D1E0D8.A95988B0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01D1E0D8.A95988B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I just bid against Alex for a car based near me.  I lost the bid because I
thought he was too high for a project car.  I still have not seen the car
come up on his website.  I will be interested to see if he gave it a quick
paint job or sells it as is.  It was a 1961 3000, that as far as I could see
was original, but had been sitting next to the garage outside long enough
for the tires to rot away.  Surface rust only on the car, frame was good.
It would have been a good car to work on but I could not see paying 20K+ to
start on it.  

I will keep an eye out for the car.  

Jerry

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01D1E0D8.A95988B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-style-priority:99;
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.EmailStyle22
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>I just bid =
against Alex for a car based near me.&nbsp; I lost the bid because I =
thought he was too high for a project car.&nbsp; I still have not seen =
the car come up on his website.&nbsp; I will be interested to see if he =
gave it a quick paint job or sells it as is.&nbsp; It was a 1961 3000, =
that as far as I could see was original, but had been sitting next to =
the garage outside long enough for the tires to rot away.&nbsp; Surface =
rust only on the car, frame was good.&nbsp; It would have been a good =
car to work on but I could not see paying 20K+ to start on it.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>I will keep =
an eye out for the car.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>Jerry<o:p></o=
:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0077_01D1E0D8.A95988B0--

--===============1839850571154500588==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1839850571154500588==--