Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Engine Ground Strap

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 14:07:42 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2600866237767944189==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004C_01D1DAB4.6D365220"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D1DAB4.6D365220
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Where does the engine ground strap go on a BJ8?

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David
Porter
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2016 7:41 PM
To: i erbs <[email-masked]>; Ahealey help <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Condenser again

Ira,

 Check the voltage charge rate.. If over 14V it may be causing rapid wear of
the points and condenser..

DP

On 7/6/2016 4:14 PM, i erbs wrote:

2nd condenser died. That's to in under 200 miles for those keeping score.
Replace with used old Lucas part on side of road. Yes will install my
Pertronix, but want yo dort this out first 
Mr. Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
1959 Austin Healey 100-6
please forgive odd words and auto corrects as   my phone cannot understand
my misspellings 

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 87107
505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/
<http://www.porterbikes.com/>  

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D1DAB4.6D365220
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:x=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:black;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Where does the engine ground strap go on a BJ8?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></a></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'> Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>David Porter<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, July 8, 2016 7:41 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> i erbs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; Ahealey help =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Condenser again<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p>Ira,<o:p></o:p></p><p>&nbsp;Che=
ck the voltage charge rate.. If over 14V it may be causing rapid wear of =
the points and condenser..<o:p></o:p></p><p>DP<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
7/6/2016 4:14 PM, i erbs wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p>2nd condenser died. =
That's to in under 200 miles for those keeping score. Replace with used =
old Lucas part on side of road. Yes will install my Pertronix, but want =
yo dort this out first <br>Mr. Ira Erbs<br>Portland,OR<br>1959 Austin =
Healey 100-6<br>please forgive odd words and auto corrects =
as&nbsp;&nbsp; my phone cannot understand my misspellings =
<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>_______________________=
________________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; =
$12.75<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><o:p></=
o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o=
:p></pre><pre><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/frogeye@porterscust=
om.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/frogeye@porterscust=
om.com</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>-- =
<br>Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM =
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world <a =
href=3D"http://www.porterbikes.com/">www.porterbikes.com/</a> =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D1DAB4.6D365220--

--===============2600866237767944189==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2600866237767944189==--