Subject: [Healeys] rear hub

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 15:20:12 -0400

All,

I am replacing the oil seal in one of the rear axle hubs in our '62 
tri-carb.  The workshop manual states that the bearing spacer (ATC7569) 
should sit proud of the hub and hub gasket 1 to 4 thousandths of an 
inch.  After installing a new seal and re-installing the R&M bearing, 
the spacer is flush with the hub.  The old gasket is 9 thousandths 
thick; the new one is 12 thou.  So, it looks like I need to make a 
thicker spacer.  Was a bit surprised to see that spacers with different 
thicknesses weren't listed in the parts list.  Am I missing something?

The O-ring I got from Moss has to be stretched to fit in the slot. 
Unless stretching the O-ring gives a necessary reduction in the 
thickness, I'm going to fit a larger O-ring. A 91 mm ID with 4 mm 
thickness fits well.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys