Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush

From: John Vrugtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:01:44 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5670261813593239386==
 boundary="------------323E0109123C684FB25174A1"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------323E0109123C684FB25174A1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 7/23/2016 9:39 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>
>
>  Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we shade-tree 
> mechanics could manage to do without screwing up, I really think in 
> thisday and agewe should look at comparative advantages of 
> professional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, 
> and leave these routine tasks to the pros. Do you really mean; you are 
> getting old like most of us?
>
> /Gary Anderson/
>
>
>

--------------323E0109123C684FB25174A1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/23/2016 9:39 PM,
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
        color="black" size="2">
        <div> <font size="2"><br>
            <br>
             Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we
            shade-tree mechanics could manage to do without screwing up,</font>
          I really think in this<font color="#3366ff"> day and age</font><font
            size="2"> we should look at comparative advantages of
            professional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the
            driveway, and leave these routine tasks to the pros.       
                                          <font color="#3333ff">Do </font><font
              color="#3366ff">you really mean; you are getting old like
              most of us?</font><br>
          </font>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div style="clear:both"><font face="Times New Roman, Times,
            serif"><i>Gary Anderson</i><br>
          </font><br>
        </div>
      </font>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------323E0109123C684FB25174A1--

--===============5670261813593239386==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5670261813593239386==--

---

From: Roland Wilhelmy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 09:01:01 -1000

--===============2679847804427934006==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body lang=3D"en-US" style=3D"background-color: rgb(255,=
 255, 255); line-height: initial;">                                        =
                                              <div style=3D"width: 100%; fo=
nt-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif=
; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, =
255, 255);"><br></div>                                                     =
                                                                           =
     <div style=3D"width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, '=
Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: in=
itial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Good points to think about, G=
ary. I came to a different conclusion for myself. At 78 I am currently able=
 bodied. I have the equipment. I can take the drained fluids to a local FLA=
PS easier and quicker than I can find someone I trust to do the work of dra=
ining and refilling. I can't earn $150 in two hours but I can save $60. Whi=
le under the car I can check for any signs of trouble and &nbsp;even apply =
a bit of grease to some zerc fittings. </div><div style=3D"width: 100%; fon=
t-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif;=
 color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 2=
55, 255);"><br></div><div style=3D"width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-fa=
mily: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125)=
; text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">-Roland</div>=
                                                                           =
                                                                           =
                                             <div style=3D"font-size: initi=
al; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(3=
1, 73, 125); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Se=
nt&nbsp;from&nbsp;my&nbsp;BlackBerry&nbsp;10&nbsp;smartphone.</div>        =
                                                                           =
                                                                           =
                    <table width=3D"100%" style=3D"background-color:white;b=
order-spacing:0px;"> <tbody><tr><td colspan=3D"2" style=3D"font-size: initi=
al; text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">           =
                <div style=3D"border-style: solid none none; border-top-col=
or: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width: 1pt; padding: 3pt 0in 0in; font-f=
amily: Tahoma, 'BB Alpha Sans', 'Slate Pro'; font-size: 10pt;">  <div><b>Fr=
om: </b>[email-masked]</div><div><b>Sent: </b>Sunday, July 24, 2016 2:1=
4 AM</div><div><b>To: </b>[email-masked]</div><div><b>Subject: </b>=
[Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush</div></div></td></tr></tbody></tabl=
e><div style=3D"border-style: solid none none; border-top-color: rgb(186, 1=
88, 209); border-top-width: 1pt; font-size: initial; text-align: initial; b=
ackground-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></div><br><div id=3D"_originalContent=
" style=3D""><font color=3D"black" size=3D"2" face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, san=
s-serif">

<div><font size=3D"2">....<br>
<br>
Except that I had second thoughts. Jack and jack stands. Hot oil that would=
 have to be recycled. Radiator coolant and radiator flush that would have t=
o be disposed of.<br>
<br>
So, this morning as soon as the local independent tire shop (Skips's Tires =
for you NorCal locals) I called my buddy Sam there and asked when he could =
do the oil change and radiator flush today. Two hours at the local shop, us=
ing my oil, filter, and radiator fluid, and $60, with the oil and coolant i=
n his hazmat tanks, and we're all much happier. During that time I sat in h=
is waiting room with my lap top and wrote a piece for RM Auctions for which=
 I'll be paid $150. <br>
<br>
&nbsp;Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we shade-tree mechan=
ics could manage to do without screwing up, I really think in this day and =
age we should look at comparative advantages of professional shops and tech=
nicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and leave these routine tasks to t=
he pros.<br>
</font>
</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style=3D"clear:both"><font face=3D"Times New Roman, Times, serif"><i>G=
ary Anderson</i><br>

</font><br>

</div>

</font><br><!--end of _originalContent --></div></body></html>

--===============2679847804427934006==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2679847804427934006==--

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:54:49 +1000

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3115187757097226413==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00F9_01D1E65A.96C4CCA0"
Content-Language: en-au

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00F9_01D1E65A.96C4CCA0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello Gary

=20

My thoughts exactly, although at the local tip (dump) there is a =
facility to leave used oil and old batteries. Recently bought a new =
battery for the Healey Duncan and that was Aud$160 or US$120.

=20

Except for small things around the house and garden I would rather pay =
$$$ to someone and earn more by writing something during the time they =
are here.

=20

Hoo Roo

=20

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, 24 July 2016 11:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush

=20

My Healey gets driven regularly, though only on short drives -- I go out =
for coffee with the other local donut derelicts on Saturdays whenever =
I'm in town, generally driving a long five mile loop on my way, and then =
it's only about a mile home. However, I hadn't found time to do much =
else and noticed the other day that the note on my garage white board =
indicated that the engine oil had been changed most recently in June =
2013, and that I hadn't changed the filter or the tranny oil at the =
time. I couldn't remember the last time I had replaced the radiator =
coolant. Then last week my car finally refused to start at all, after =
being very reluctant during the past six months.

It was time go get some work done. I started out by taking out the old =
battery, and dropping it off at the O'Reilly's and getting a new battery =
(when did batteries start costing over $100?). At the same time, I =
picked up seven quarts of 10-40 Castrol dino oil (specifically =
formulated, it said, for older engines), three quarts of 30 weight ND, a =
spin-on oil filter, radiator coolant and a pint of Water Wetter. I was =
ready to go.

Except that I had second thoughts. Jack and jack stands. Hot oil that =
would have to be recycled. Radiator coolant and radiator flush that =
would have to be disposed of.

So, this morning as soon as the local independent tire shop (Skips's =
Tires for you NorCal locals) I called my buddy Sam there and asked when =
he could do the oil change and radiator flush today. Two hours at the =
local shop, using my oil, filter, and radiator fluid, and $60, with the =
oil and coolant in his hazmat tanks, and we're all much happier. During =
that time I sat in his waiting room with my lap top and wrote a piece =
for RM Auctions for which I'll be paid $150.=20

 Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we shade-tree =
mechanics could manage to do without screwing up, I really think in this =
day and age we should look at comparative advantages of professional =
shops and technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and leave these =
routine tasks to the pros.

=20

Gary Anderson

------=_NextPart_000_00F9_01D1E65A.96C4CCA0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-AU link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>Hello Gary<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>My thoughts exactly, =
although at the local tip (dump) there is a facility to leave used oil =
and old batteries. Recently bought a new battery for the Healey Duncan =
and that was Aud$160 or US$120.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>Except for small =
things around the house and garden I would rather pay $$$ to someone and =
earn more by writing something during the time they are =
here.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>Hoo =
Roo<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>Patrick =
Quinn<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>Blue Mountains, =
Australia<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, 24 July 2016 11:40 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Oil =
change and Radiator Flush<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>M=
y Healey gets driven regularly, though only on short drives -- I go out =
for coffee with the other local donut derelicts on Saturdays whenever =
I'm in town, generally driving a long five mile loop on my way, and then =
it's only about a mile home. However, I hadn't found time to do much =
else and noticed the other day that the note on my garage white board =
indicated that the engine oil had been changed most recently in June =
2013, and that I hadn't changed the filter or the tranny oil at the =
time. I couldn't remember the last time I had replaced the radiator =
coolant. Then last week my car finally refused to start at all, after =
being very reluctant during the past six months.<br><br>It was time go =
get some work done. I started out by taking out the old battery, and =
dropping it off at the O'Reilly's and getting a new battery (when did =
batteries start costing over $100?). At the same time, I picked up seven =
quarts of 10-40 Castrol dino oil (specifically formulated, it said, for =
older engines), three quarts of 30 weight ND, a spin-on oil filter, =
radiator coolant and a pint of Water Wetter. I was ready to =
go.<br><br>Except that I had second thoughts. Jack and jack stands. Hot =
oil that would have to be recycled. Radiator coolant and radiator flush =
that would have to be disposed of.<br><br>So, this morning as soon as =
the local independent tire shop (Skips's Tires for you NorCal locals) I =
called my buddy Sam there and asked when he could do the oil change and =
radiator flush today. Two hours at the local shop, using my oil, filter, =
and radiator fluid, and $60, with the oil and coolant in his hazmat =
tanks, and we're all much happier. During that time I sat in his waiting =
room with my lap top and wrote a piece for RM Auctions for which I'll be =
paid $150. <br><br>&nbsp;Though oil changes used to be the one thing =
that we shade-tree mechanics could manage to do without screwing up, I =
really think in this day and age we should look at comparative =
advantages of professional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the =
driveway, and leave these routine tasks to the =
pros.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:black'>Gary Anderson</span></i><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00F9_01D1E65A.96C4CCA0--

--===============3115187757097226413==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3115187757097226413==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 05:41:03 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3367756761929496573==
 boundary="------------2C3789A8FFFD4624B442AA23"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------2C3789A8FFFD4624B442AA23
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

re: "... I really think in this day and age we should look at 
comparative advantages of professional shops and technicians versus 
amateurs in the driveway, and leave these routine tasks to the pros."

Seems bass-ackwards to me.

bs

ps. Professional shops and technicians never screw up?

On 7/24/2016 4:54 PM, Patrick & Caroline Quinn wrote:
>
> Hello Gary
>
> My thoughts exactly, although at the local tip (dump) there is a 
> facility to leave used oil and old batteries. Recently bought a new 
> Except for small things around the house and garden I would rather pay 
> $$$ to someone and earn more by writing something during the time they 
> are here.
>
> Hoo Roo
>
> Patrick Quinn
>
> *From:*Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of 
> [email-masked]
> *Sent:* Sunday, 24 July 2016 11:40 AM
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush
>
> My Healey gets driven regularly, though only on short drives -- I go 
> out for coffee with the other local donut derelicts on Saturdays 
> whenever I'm in town, generally driving a long five mile loop on my 
> way, and then it's only about a mile home. However, I hadn't found 
> time to do much else and noticed the other day that the note on my 
> garage white board indicated that the engine oil had been changed most 
> recently in June 2013, and that I hadn't changed the filter or the 
> tranny oil at the time. I couldn't remember the last time I had 
> replaced the radiator coolant. Then last week my car finally refused 
> to start at all, after being very reluctant during the past six months.
>
> It was time go get some work done. I started out by taking out the old 
> battery, and dropping it off at the O'Reilly's and getting a new 
> battery (when did batteries start costing over $100?). At the same 
> time, I picked up seven quarts of 10-40 Castrol dino oil (specifically 
> formulated, it said, for older engines), three quarts of 30 weight ND, 
> a spin-on oil filter, radiator coolant and a pint of Water Wetter. I 
> was ready to go.
>
> Except that I had second thoughts. Jack and jack stands. Hot oil that 
> would have to be recycled. Radiator coolant and radiator flush that 
> So, this morning as soon as the local independent tire shop (Skips's 
> Tires for you NorCal locals) I called my buddy Sam there and asked 
> when he could do the oil change and radiator flush today. Two hours at 
> the local shop, using my oil, filter, and radiator fluid, and $60, 
> with the oil and coolant in his hazmat tanks, and we're all much 
> happier. During that time I sat in his waiting room with my lap top 
> and wrote a piece for RM Auctions for which I'll be paid $150.
>
> this day and age we should look at comparative advantages of 
> and leave these routine tasks to the pros.
>
> /Gary Anderson/
>
>

--------------2C3789A8FFFD4624B442AA23
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>re: "... <span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">I
        really think in this day and age we should look at comparative
        advantages of professional shops and technicians versus amateurs
        in the driveway, and leave these routine tasks to the pros."</span></p>
    <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">Seems
        bass-ackwards to me.</span></p>
    <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">bs</span></p>
    <p><br>
      <span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">ps.
        Professional shops and technicians never screw up?</span></p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/24/2016 4:54 PM, Patrick &amp;
      Caroline Quinn wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt">Hello Gary<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt">My thoughts
            exactly, although at the local tip (dump) there is a
            facility to leave used oil and old batteries. Recently
            bought a new battery for the Healey Duncan and that was
            Aud$160 or US$120.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt">Except for
            small things around the house and garden I would rather pay
            $$$ to someone and earn more by writing something during the
            time they are here.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt">Hoo Roo<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt">Patrick
            Quinn<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt">Blue
            Mountains, Australia<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"
              lang="EN-US">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"
            lang="EN-US"> Healeys
            [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
            <b>Sent:</b> Sunday, 24 July 2016 11:40 AM<br>
            <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
            <b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">My
              Healey gets driven regularly, though only on short drives
              -- I go out for coffee with the other local donut
              derelicts on Saturdays whenever I'm in town, generally
              driving a long five mile loop on my way, and then it's
              only about a mile home. However, I hadn't found time to do
              much else and noticed the other day that the note on my
              garage white board indicated that the engine oil had been
              changed most recently in June 2013, and that I hadn't
              changed the filter or the tranny oil at the time. I
              couldn't remember the last time I had replaced the
              radiator coolant. Then last week my car finally refused to
              start at all, after being very reluctant during the past
              six months.<br>
              <br>
              It was time go get some work done. I started out by taking
              out the old battery, and dropping it off at the O'Reilly's
              and getting a new battery (when did batteries start
              costing over $100?). At the same time, I picked up seven
              quarts of 10-40 Castrol dino oil (specifically formulated,
              it said, for older engines), three quarts of 30 weight ND,
              a spin-on oil filter, radiator coolant and a pint of Water
              Wetter. I was ready to go.<br>
              <br>
              Except that I had second thoughts. Jack and jack stands.
              Hot oil that would have to be recycled. Radiator coolant
              and radiator flush that would have to be disposed of.<br>
              <br>
              So, this morning as soon as the local independent tire
              shop (Skips's Tires for you NorCal locals) I called my
              buddy Sam there and asked when he could do the oil change
              and radiator flush today. Two hours at the local shop,
              using my oil, filter, and radiator fluid, and $60, with
              the oil and coolant in his hazmat tanks, and we're all
              much happier. During that time I sat in his waiting room
              with my lap top and wrote a piece for RM Auctions for
              which I'll be paid $150. <br>
              <br>
               Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we
              shade-tree mechanics could manage to do without screwing
              up, I really think in this day and age we should look at
              comparative advantages of professional shops and
              technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and leave
              these routine tasks to the pros.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><i><span
                style="font-size:10.0pt;color:black">Gary Anderson</span></i><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------2C3789A8FFFD4624B442AA23--

--===============3367756761929496573==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3367756761929496573==--

---

From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 10:04:06 -0400

--===============4208405537089445039==

--001a1134e8d40babfe05387643c4

I am fortunate to have a relatively large, well-equipped and air
conditioned rental space in which to keep my toys which includes my street
100 and three (yikes) race cars.

Without the ability to do the routine and most of the other service
incidental to putting the race cars on the track I would not be able to
afford what is already a very indulgent activity.

As regards changing oil, etc. I would sorely miss slithering around on my
back, getting hot fluids all over myself in the process, but being able to
put an eyeball on the underside of the cars.

Plus I want whatever dents, etc. that are in the 100's frame cross members
to have been put there by my negligence, not some pimply-faced kid at the
oil store.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Patrick & Caroline Quinn <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello Gary
>
>
>
> My thoughts exactly, although at the local tip (dump) there is a facility
> to leave used oil and old batteries. Recently bought a new battery for the
> Healey Duncan and that was Aud$160 or US$120.
>
>
>
> Except for small things around the house and garden I would rather pay $$$
> to someone and earn more by writing something during the time they are here.
>
>
>
> Hoo Roo
>
>
>
> Patrick Quinn
>
> *From:* Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of *
> [email-masked]
> My Healey gets driven regularly, though only on short drives -- I go out
> for coffee with the other local donut derelicts on Saturdays whenever I'm
> in town, generally driving a long five mile loop on my way, and then it's
> only about a mile home. However, I hadn't found time to do much else and
> noticed the other day that the note on my garage white board indicated that
> the engine oil had been changed most recently in June 2013, and that I
> hadn't changed the filter or the tranny oil at the time. I couldn't
> remember the last time I had replaced the radiator coolant. Then last week
> my car finally refused to start at all, after being very reluctant during
> the past six months.
>
>
> battery, and dropping it off at the O'Reilly's and getting a new battery
> (when did batteries start costing over $100?). At the same time, I picked
> up seven quarts of 10-40 Castrol dino oil (specifically formulated, it
> said, for older engines), three quarts of 30 weight ND, a spin-on oil
> filter, radiator coolant and a pint of Water Wetter. I was ready to go.
>
> would have to be recycled. Radiator coolant and radiator flush that would
> have to be disposed of.
>
> So, this morning as soon as the local independent tire shop (Skips's Tires
> for you NorCal locals) I called my buddy Sam there and asked when he could
> do the oil change and radiator flush today. Two hours at the local shop,
> using my oil, filter, and radiator fluid, and $60, with the oil and coolant
> in his hazmat tanks, and we're all much happier. During that time I sat in
> his waiting room with my lap top and wrote a piece for RM Auctions for
> which I'll be paid $150.
>
>  Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we shade-tree mechanics
> could manage to do without screwing up, I really think in this day and age
> we should look at comparative advantages of professional shops and
> technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and leave these routine tasks
> to the pros.
>
>
>
> *Gary Anderson*
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a1134e8d40babfe05387643c4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">I am =
fortunate to have a relatively large, well-equipped and air conditioned ren=
tal space in which to keep my toys which includes my street 100 and three (=
yikes) race cars. =C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#=
3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">With=
out the ability to do the routine and most of the other service incidental =
to putting the race cars on the track I would not be able to afford what is=
 already a very indulgent activity.=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default"=
 style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"co=
lor:#3333ff">As regards changing oil, etc. I would sorely miss slithering a=
round on my back, getting hot fluids all over myself in the process, but be=
ing able to put an eyeball on the underside of the cars. =C2=A0</div><div c=
lass=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmai=
l_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Plus I want whatever dents, etc. that ar=
e in the 100&#39;s frame cross members to have been put there by my neglige=
nce, not some pimply-faced kid at the oil store.</div><div class=3D"gmail_d=
efault" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" styl=
e=3D"color:#3333ff">Best--Michael Oritt</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extr=
a"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Patrick =
&amp; Caroline Quinn <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
om.au" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><bloc=
kquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #cc=
c solid;padding-left:1ex"><div lang=3D"EN-AU" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple=
"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt">Hello Gary<u=
></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0=
pt"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"fo=
nt-size:10.0pt">My thoughts exactly, although at the local tip (dump) there=
 is a facility to leave used oil and old batteries. Recently bought a new b=
attery for the Healey Duncan and that was Aud$160 or US$120.<u></u><u></u><=
/span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt"><u></u>=
=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.=
0pt">Except for small things around the house and garden I would rather pay=
 $$$ to someone and earn more by writing something during the time they are=
 here.<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-s=
ize:10.0pt"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span sty=
le=3D"font-size:10.0pt">Hoo Roo<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNorm=
al"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p clas=
s=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt">Patrick Quinn<u></u><u></u=
></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt">Blue Mo=
untains, Australia<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span sty=
le=3D"font-size:10.0pt"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNorma=
l"><b><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Taho=
ma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">From:</span></b><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=
=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"=
> Healeys [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b><a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>=
<b>Sent:</b> Sunday, 24 July 2016 11:40 AM<span class=3D""><br><b>To:</b> <=
a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
am.net</a><br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush<u></u=
><u></u></span></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><d=
iv><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot=
;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black">My Healey gets driven regu=
larly, though only on short drives -- I go out for coffee with the other lo=
cal donut derelicts on Saturdays whenever I&#39;m in town, generally drivin=
g a long five mile loop on my way, and then it&#39;s only about a mile home=
. However, I hadn&#39;t found time to do much else and noticed the other da=
y that the note on my garage white board indicated that the engine oil had =
been changed most recently in June 2013, and that I hadn&#39;t changed the =
filter or the tranny oil at the time. I couldn&#39;t remember the last time=
 I had replaced the radiator coolant. Then last week my car finally refused=
 to start at all, after being very reluctant during the past six months.</s=
pan></p><div><div class=3D"h5"><br><br>It was time go get some work done. I=
 started out by taking out the old battery, and dropping it off at the O&#3=
9;Reilly&#39;s and getting a new battery (when did batteries start costing =
over $100?). At the same time, I picked up seven quarts of 10-40 Castrol di=
no oil (specifically formulated, it said, for older engines), three quarts =
of 30 weight ND, a spin-on oil filter, radiator coolant and a pint of Water=
 Wetter. I was ready to go.<br><br>Except that I had second thoughts. Jack =
and jack stands. Hot oil that would have to be recycled. Radiator coolant a=
nd radiator flush that would have to be disposed of.<br><br>So, this mornin=
g as soon as the local independent tire shop (Skips&#39;s Tires for you Nor=
Cal locals) I called my buddy Sam there and asked when he could do the oil =
change and radiator flush today. Two hours at the local shop, using my oil,=
 filter, and radiator fluid, and $60, with the oil and coolant in his hazma=
t tanks, and we&#39;re all much happier. During that time I sat in his wait=
ing room with my lap top and wrote a piece for RM Auctions for which I&#39;=
ll be paid $150. <br><br>=C2=A0Though oil changes used to be the one thing =
that we shade-tree mechanics could manage to do without screwing up, I real=
ly think in this day and age we should look at comparative advantages of pr=
ofessional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and leave=
 these routine tasks to the pros.<u></u><u></u></div></div><p></p></div><di=
v><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;=
Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:black"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span>=
</p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt"><i><sp=
an style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;color:black">Gary Anderson</span></i><span sty=
le=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;=
;color:black"><u></u><u></u></span></p></div></div></div><br>______________=
_________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a1134e8d40babfe05387643c4--

--===============4208405537089445039==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4208405537089445039==--

---

From: "David Nock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 08:36:55 -0700

--===============5665595189604738740==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_014A_01D1E64F.B35B3940"

------=_NextPart_000_014A_01D1E64F.B35B3940
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Gary, I would like to know where the shop is that you are at for 2 hours =
for a service and they charge only $60.00. Especially in the Bay Area =
where most shop labor rates are $125.00 and hour and up.=20

So for $60.00 they did a proper service in less than 1/2 hour that =
includes bringing the car in and out of the shop. As well as having to =
pay for the hazmat disposal.

David Nock
[email-masked]
209 948 8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

From: [email-masked]=20
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 6:39 PM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush

Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we shade-tree mechanics =
could manage to do without screwing up, I really think in this day and =
age we should look at comparative advantages of professional shops and =
technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and leave these routine =
tasks to the pros.

Gary Anderson

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_014A_01D1E64F.B35B3940
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Gary, I would like to know where the shop is that you are at for 2 =
hours=20
for a service and they charge only $60.00. Especially in the Bay Area =
where most=20
shop labor rates are $125.00 and hour and up. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So for $60.00 they did a proper service in less than 1/2 hour that =
includes=20
bringing the car in and out of the shop. As well as having to pay for =
the hazmat=20
disposal.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: =
#000000">David=20
Nock<BR>[email-masked]<BR>209 948=20
8767<BR>www.britishcarspecialists.com</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, July 23, 2016 6:39 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator =
Flush</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'><FONT=20
color=3Dblack size=3D2 face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My Healey gets driven regularly, though only on =
short drives=20
-- I go out for coffee with the other local donut derelicts on Saturdays =

whenever I'm in town, generally driving a long five mile loop on my way, =
and=20
then it's only about a mile home. However, I hadn't found time to do =
much else=20
and noticed the other day that the note on my garage white board =
indicated that=20
the engine oil had been changed most recently in June 2013, and that I =
hadn't=20
changed the filter or the tranny oil at the time. I couldn't remember =
the last=20
time I had replaced the radiator coolant. Then last week my car finally =
refused=20
to start at all, after being very reluctant during the past six=20
months.<BR><BR>It was time go get some work done. I started out by =
taking out=20
the old battery, and dropping it off at the O'Reilly's and getting a new =
battery=20
(when did batteries start costing over $100?). At the same time, I =
picked up=20
seven quarts of 10-40 Castrol dino oil (specifically formulated, it =
said, for=20
older engines), three quarts of 30 weight ND, a spin-on oil filter, =
radiator=20
coolant and a pint of Water Wetter. I was ready to go.<BR><BR>Except =
that I had=20
second thoughts. Jack and jack stands. Hot oil that would have to be =
recycled.=20
Radiator coolant and radiator flush that would have to be disposed=20
of.<BR><BR>So, this morning as soon as the local independent tire shop =
(Skips's=20
Tires for you NorCal locals) I called my buddy Sam there and asked when =
he could=20
do the oil change and radiator flush today. Two hours at the local shop, =
using=20
my oil, filter, and radiator fluid, and $60, with the oil and coolant in =
his=20
hazmat tanks, and we're all much happier. During that time I sat in his =
waiting=20
room with my lap top and wrote a piece for RM Auctions for which I'll be =
paid=20
$150. <BR><BR>Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we =
shade-tree=20
mechanics could manage to do without screwing up, I really think in this =
day and=20
age we should look at comparative advantages of professional shops and=20
technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and leave these routine =
tasks to=20
the pros.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"CLEAR: both"><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman, Times, =
serif"><I>Gary=20
Anderson</I><BR></FONT><BR></DIV></FONT>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR><BR>=
</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_014A_01D1E64F.B35B3940--

--===============5665595189604738740==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5665595189604738740==--

---

From: "R. Lindsay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 13:34:46 -0400

--===============0464811605411836669==

--Apple-Mail=_0AC9E52D-DE12-4986-B896-E8D4DA814D5E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

Kinda takes a lot of the fun out of the hobby.

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8

> On Jul 25, 2016, at 8:41 AM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> re: "... I really think in this day and age we should look at =
comparative advantages of professional shops and technicians versus =
amateurs in the driveway, and leave these routine tasks to the pros."
>> =20
>> Except for small things around the house and garden I would rather =
pay $$$ to someone and earn more by writing something during the time =
they are here.
>> From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked] =
>> My Healey gets driven regularly, though only on short drives -- I go =
out for coffee with the other local donut derelicts on Saturdays =
whenever I'm in town, generally driving a long five mile loop on my way, =
and then it's only about a mile home. However, I hadn't found time to do =
much else and noticed the other day that the note on my garage white =
board indicated that the engine oil had been changed most recently in =
June 2013, and that I hadn't changed the filter or the tranny oil at the =
time. I couldn't remember the last time I had replaced the radiator =
coolant. Then last week my car finally refused to start at all, after =
being very reluctant during the past six months.
>>=20
>> It was time go get some work done. I started out by taking out the =
old battery, and dropping it off at the O'Reilly's and getting a new =
battery (when did batteries start costing over $100?). At the same time, =
I picked up seven quarts of 10-40 Castrol dino oil (specifically =
formulated, it said, for older engines), three quarts of 30 weight ND, a =
spin-on oil filter, radiator coolant and a pint of Water Wetter. I was =
ready to go.
> Support Team.Net <http://team.net/> http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive <http://www.team.net/archive>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
>=20
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_0AC9E52D-DE12-4986-B896-E8D4DA814D5E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Kinda takes a lot of the fun out of the hobby.<br =
class=3D""><div class=3D"">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); letter-spacing: normal; orphans: =
auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New =
Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">Price =
Lindsay</div><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New =
Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">67 BJ8</div><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
'Times New Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></div>
</div>
<br class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Jul 25, 2016, at 8:41 AM, Bob Spidell &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><p =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D"">re: "...<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;" class=3D"">I really think in this =
day and age we should look at comparative advantages of professional =
shops and technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and leave these =
routine tasks to the pros."</span></p><p style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;" class=3D"">Seems bass-ackwards to me.</span></p><p =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;" class=3D"">bs</span></p><p style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
Arial, sans-serif;" class=3D"">ps. Professional shops and technicians =
never screw up?</span></p><br style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"moz-cite-prefix" style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">On 7/24/2016 4:54 PM, Patrick =
&amp; Caroline Quinn wrote:<br class=3D""></div><blockquote =
cite=3D"mid:[email-masked]" type=3D"cite" =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><div class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: =
WordSection1;"><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D"">Hello Gary<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D"">My thoughts =
exactly, although at the local tip (dump) there is a facility to leave =
used oil and old batteries. Recently bought a new battery for the Healey =
Duncan and that was Aud$160 or US$120.<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D"">Except for small =
things around the house and garden I would rather pay $$$ to someone and =
earn more by writing something during the time they are here.<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D"">Hoo Roo<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D"">Patrick Quinn<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D"">Blue Mountains, Australia<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><b class=3D""><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; =
font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif;" class=3D"">From:</span></b><span =
lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma, =
sans-serif;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Healeys [<a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: =
underline;">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><b class=3D"">On Behalf =
Of<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></b><a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><b =
class=3D"">Sent:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Sunday, 24 July 2016 11:40 =
AM<br class=3D""><b class=3D"">To:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><b =
class=3D"">Subject:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>[Healeys] Oil change and =
Radiator Flush<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: =
0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', =
serif;" class=3D""><o:p class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></div><div class=3D""><div =
style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt; =
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;" class=3D"">My Healey gets driven =
regularly, though only on short drives -- I go out for coffee with the =
other local donut derelicts on Saturdays whenever I'm in town, generally =
driving a long five mile loop on my way, and then it's only about a mile =
home. However, I hadn't found time to do much else and noticed the other =
day that the note on my garage white board indicated that the engine oil =
had been changed most recently in June 2013, and that I hadn't changed =
the filter or the tranny oil at the time. I couldn't remember the last =
time I had replaced the radiator coolant. Then last week my car finally =
refused to start at all, after being very reluctant during the past six =
months.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">It was time go get some work done. =
I started out by taking out the old battery, and dropping it off at the =
O'Reilly's and getting a new battery (when did batteries start costing =
over $100?). At the same time, I picked up seven quarts of 10-40 Castrol =
dino oil (specifically formulated, it said, for older engines), three =
quarts of 30 weight ND, a spin-on oil filter, radiator coolant and a =
pint of Water Wetter. I was ready to go.<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Except that I had second thoughts. Jack and jack stands. Hot =
oil that would have to be recycled. Radiator coolant and radiator flush =
that would have to be disposed of.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">So, this =
morning as soon as the local independent tire shop (Skips's Tires for =
you NorCal locals) I called my buddy Sam there and asked when he could =
do the oil change and radiator flush today. Two hours at the local shop, =
using my oil, filter, and radiator fluid, and $60, with the oil and =
coolant in his hazmat tanks, and we're all much happier. During that =
time I sat in his waiting room with my lap top and wrote a piece for RM =
Auctions for which I'll be paid $150.<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">&nbsp;Though oil changes used to be the one thing that we =
shade-tree mechanics could manage to do without screwing up, I really =
think in this day and age we should look at comparative advantages of =
professional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and =
leave these routine tasks to the pros.<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div></div><div class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: =
0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', =
serif;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div></div><div class=3D""><p =
class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 12pt; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><i class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt;" class=3D"">Gary Anderson</span></i><span =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;" class=3D""><o:p=
 class=3D""></o:p></span></p></div></div><br class=3D""><pre wrap=3D"" =
class=3D""></pre></blockquote><br style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: =
auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Support<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://team.net/" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline; font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D"">Team.Net</a><span style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); =
float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: =
auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: =
auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: =
auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: =
auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: =
auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: =
rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; =
font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255); float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
</a><br style=3D"font-family: TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: =
rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: =
TimesNewRomanPSMT; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""></div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_0AC9E52D-DE12-4986-B896-E8D4DA814D5E--

--===============0464811605411836669==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0464811605411836669==--

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 17:39:08 -0400

--===============5430015814064984386==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0164_01D1E69B.72BE0470"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0164_01D1E69B.72BE0470
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have always done oil changes and lubrications of all my cars myself, but
during my drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads 2002, I decided my BJ8 needed
an oil change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a service station.  I had to
stop the guy several times from putting the drain plug back in while the oil
was still running out.  I think I'll just keep on doing the job myself until
I can't pick myself up off the floor afterwards.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob
Spidell
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 8:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush

re: "... I really think in this day and age we should look at comparative
advantages of professional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the
driveway, and leave these routine tasks to the pros."

bs

------=_NextPart_000_0164_01D1E69B.72BE0470
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle23
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>I have always done oil changes and lubrications =
of all my cars myself, but during my drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads =
2002, I decided my BJ8 needed an oil change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped =
at a service station.&nbsp; I had to stop the guy several times from =
putting the drain plug back in while the oil was still running =
out.&nbsp; I think I'll just keep on doing the job myself until I can't =
pick myself up off the floor afterwards.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 =
Registry</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'> Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Bob Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, July 25, 2016 8:41 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Oil change and Radiator Flush<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p>re: &quot;... <span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>I really =
think in this day and age we should look at comparative advantages of =
professional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and =
leave these routine tasks to the =
pros.&quot;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Seems =
bass-ackwards to me.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>bs</span><o:p=
></o:p></p><p><br><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>ps. =
Professional shops and technicians never screw =
up?</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0164_01D1E69B.72BE0470--

--===============5430015814064984386==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5430015814064984386==--

---

From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 06:36:19 -0400

--===============1504976986690317295==

--001a1143ec80cfc6a605388779a6

Steve--

I clearly remember our stopping in Ely and your doing this--cannot recall
if I changed my oil but do remember that I cleaned what passed for an air
filter in the CAB.  That was a great trip.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM, BJ8Healeys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> stop the guy several times from putting the drain plug back in while the
> oil was still running out.  I think I'll just keep on doing the job myself
> until I can't pick myself up off the floor afterwards.
>
>
>
> Steve Byers
>
> HBJ8L/36666
>
> BJ8 Registry
>
> AHCA Delegate at Large
>
> Havelock, NC
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of *Bob
> Spidell
> *Sent:* Monday, July 25, 2016 8:41 AM
> *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush
>
>
>

--001a1143ec80cfc6a605388779a6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Steve=
--</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div=
 class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">I clearly remember our sto=
pping in Ely and your doing this--cannot recall if I changed my oil but do =
remember that I cleaned what passed for an air filter in the CAB.=C2=A0 Tha=
t was a great trip.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333f=
f"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Best--Mic=
hael Oritt</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_qu=
ote">On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM, BJ8Healeys <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<=
/span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div bgcolor=3D"white" lang=
=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span=
 style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;color:#002=
060">I have always done oil changes and lubrications of all my cars myself,=
 but during my drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads 2002, I decided my BJ8 ne=
eded an oil change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a service station.=C2=A0 =
I had to stop the guy several times from putting the drain plug back in whi=
le the oil was still running out.=C2=A0 I think I&#39;ll just keep on doing=
 the job myself until I can&#39;t pick myself up off the floor afterwards.<=
u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.=
0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;color:#002060"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></=
u></span></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;fo=
nt-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;color:#002060">Steve Byers</span><span =
style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&=
quot;;color:#002060"><u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span =
style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;color:#0020=
60">HBJ8L/36666</span><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cal=
ibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><u></u><u></u></span></p><=
p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Com=
ic Sans MS&quot;;color:#002060">BJ8 Registry</span><span style=3D"font-size=
:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#00206=
0"><u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size=
:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;color:#002060">AHCA Delegate =
at Large</span><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&qu=
ot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=
=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans=
 MS&quot;;color:#002060">Havelock, NC=C2=A0 </span><span style=3D"font-size=
:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#00206=
0"><u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size=
:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#00206=
0"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=
=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;color:#002060"><=
u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><div><div style=3D"border:none;border-top:sol=
id #b5c4df 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b><span=
 style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&=
quot;;color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;fon=
t-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:windowtext"> Heale=
ys [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_bla=
nk">[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bob Spidell<br>=
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, July 25, 2016 8:41 AM<br><b>To:</b> <a href=3D"mailto:=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><b>=
Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush<u></u><u></u></spa=
n></p></div></div><span class=3D""><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u><=
/u></p><p>re: &quot;... <span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;A=
rial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">I really think in this day and age we sh=
ould look at comparative advantages of professional shops and technicians v=
ersus amateurs in the driveway, and leave these routine tasks to the pros.&=
quot;</span><u></u><u></u></p><p><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-famil=
y:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">Seems bass-ackwards to me.</spa=
n><u></u><u></u></p><p><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Ar=
ial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">bs</span><u></u><u></u></p><p><br><span s=
tyle=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quo=
t;">ps. Professional shops and technicians never screw up?</span><u></u><u>=
</u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p></span></div></div><=
br>_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a1143ec80cfc6a605388779a6--

--===============1504976986690317295==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1504976986690317295==--

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 08:17:10 -0400

--===============0372252732629151971==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01D7_01D1E716.1C174980"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_01D7_01D1E716.1C174980
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_01D8_01D1E716.1C174980"

------=_NextPart_001_01D8_01D1E716.1C174980
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes, Michael, it was a wonderful trip that I'll always remember.  Missed =
you on the one to San Diego in 2008.  That oil change was done in =
Durango, Colorado at "Jiffy" Lube.  Only took an hour and a half because =
everyone ahead of me was opting for "the works".

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC =20

TARHEELY license plate

=20

From: Michael Oritt [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:36 AM
To: BJ8Healeys
Cc: Austin Healey
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush

=20

Steve--

=20

I clearly remember our stopping in Ely and your doing this--cannot =
recall if I changed my oil but do remember that I cleaned what passed =
for an air filter in the CAB.  That was a great trip.

=20

Best--Michael Oritt

=20

I have always done oil changes and lubrications of all my cars myself, =
but during my drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads 2002, I decided my BJ8 =
needed an oil change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a service station.  =
I had to stop the guy several times from putting the drain plug back in =
while the oil was still running out.  I think I'll just keep on doing =
the job myself until I can't pick myself up off the floor afterwards.

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC =20

=20

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob =
Spidell
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 8:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush

=20

bs

=20

[email-masked]

=20

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7690 / Virus Database: 4627/12686 - Release Date: =
07/26/16

------=_NextPart_001_01D8_01D1E716.1C174980
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"2050" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Yes, Michael, it was a wonderful trip that I'll =
always remember.=C2=A0 Missed you on the one to San Diego in 2008.=C2=A0 =
That oil change was done in Durango, Colorado at &quot;Jiffy&quot; =
Lube.=C2=A0 Only took an hour and a half because everyone ahead of me =
was opting for &quot;the works&quot;.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 =
Registry</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><img width=3D94 height=3D47 id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" alt=3D"TARHEELY license =
plate"></span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Michael Oritt [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, =
July 26, 2016 6:36 AM<br><b>To:</b> BJ8Healeys<br><b>Cc:</b> Austin =
Healey<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator =
Flush<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#3333FF'>Steve--<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#3333FF'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#3333FF'>I clearly remember our =
stopping in Ely and your doing this--cannot recall if I changed my oil =
but do remember that I cleaned what passed for an air filter in the =
CAB.&nbsp; That was a great trip.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#3333FF'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#3333FF'>Best--Michael =
Oritt<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On Mon, =
Jul 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM, BJ8Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>I =
have always done oil changes and lubrications of all my cars myself, but =
during my drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads 2002, I decided my BJ8 =
needed an oil change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a service =
station.&nbsp; I had to stop the guy several times from putting the =
drain plug back in while the oil was still running out.&nbsp; I think =
I'll just keep on doing the job myself until I can't pick myself up off =
the floor afterwards.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 =
Registry</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; </span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Bob Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, July 25, 2016 8:41 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><b>Subject:</b> Re: =
[Healeys] Oil change and Radiator =
Flush</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p>re: &quot;... <span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>I really =
think in this day and age we should look at comparative advantages of =
professional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the driveway, and =
leave these routine tasks to the =
pros.&quot;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Seems =
bass-ackwards to me.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>bs</span><o:p=
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>ps. =
Professional shops and technicians never screw =
up?</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p></div></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>______________________________________=
_________<br>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.oritt@gmail=
.com" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.o=
[email-masked]</a><br><br><o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>No virus =
found in this message.<br>Checked by AVG - <a =
href=3D"http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>Version: 2016.0.7690 / =
Virus Database: 4627/12686 - Release Date: =
07/26/16<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_01D8_01D1E716.1C174980--

------=_NextPart_000_01D7_01D1E716.1C174980
	name="image001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_01D7_01D1E716.1C174980--

--===============0372252732629151971==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0372252732629151971==--

---

From: "S. Carr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 10:41:31 -0400

--===============2930193560277382678==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00D8_01D1E72A.45DF2670"

------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01D1E72A.45DF2670
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Odd that no-one=E2=80=99s mentioned the best part of doing it yourself, =
with an open drain pan =E2=80=93 you can see if there are any ominous =
little sparkly bits on the bottom....=20

Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA
(and doing my own oil changes for 40+ years)

From: BJ8Healeys=20
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 5:39 PM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC =20

------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01D1E72A.45DF2670
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m =3D=20
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<STYLE><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle23
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US dir=3Dltr link=3Dblue bgColor=3Dwhite vLink=3Dpurple>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Odd that no-one=E2=80=99s mentioned the best part of doing it =
yourself, with an=20
open drain pan =E2=80=93 you can see if there are any ominous little =
sparkly bits on the=20
bottom.... </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sarah Carr</DIV>
<DIV>BN1 in PA</DIV>
<DIV>(and doing my own oil changes for 40+ years)</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">BJ8Healeys</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, July 25, 2016 5:39 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator=20
Flush</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV class=3DWordSection1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>I have=20
always done oil changes and lubrications of all my cars myself, but =
during my=20
drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads 2002, I decided my BJ8 needed an oil =
change=20
in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a service station.&nbsp; I had to stop =
the guy=20
several times from putting the drain plug back in while the oil was =
still=20
running out.&nbsp; I think I'll just keep on doing the job myself until =
I can't=20
pick myself up off the floor afterwards.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'><o:p></o:p></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>Steve=20
Byers</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; COLOR: =
#002060'><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; COLOR: =
#002060'><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>BJ8=20
Registry</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; COLOR: =
#002060'><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>AHCA=20
Delegate at Large</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; COLOR: =
#002060'><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>Havelock,=20
NC&nbsp; </SPAN></P></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01D1E72A.45DF2670--

--===============2930193560277382678==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2930193560277382678==--

---

From: "Gary R. Brierton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:53:18 -0400

--===============5498982745321689332==
	boundary="_47c65dc5-27bb-44f0-a680-dbc765c933cc_"

--_47c65dc5-27bb-44f0-a680-dbc765c933cc_
	boundary="Apple-Mail-55E3B12C-42C2-456B-A36B-E3F8F321A325"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-55E3B12C-42C2-456B-A36B-E3F8F321A325
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

That was the trip where briefly doubled the Healey population in Tuba City U=
T!'

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 26, 2016, at 11:38 AM, BJ8Healeys <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Yes, Michael, it was a wonderful trip that I'll always remember.  Missed y=
ou on the one to San Diego in 2008.  That oil change was done in Durango, Co=
lorado at "Jiffy" Lube.  Only took an hour and a half because everyone ahead=
 of me was opting for "the works".
> Havelock, NC=20
> I clearly remember our stopping in Ely and your doing this--cannot recall i=
f I changed my oil but do remember that I cleaned what passed for an air fil=
ter in the CAB.  That was a great trip.
> I have always done oil changes and lubrications of all my cars myself, but=
 during my drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads 2002, I decided my BJ8 needed a=
n oil change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a service station.  I had to sto=
p the guy several times from putting the drain plug back in while the oil wa=
s still running out.  I think I'll just keep on doing the job myself until I=
 can't pick myself up off the floor afterwards.
> =20
> Steve Byers
> HBJ8L/36666
> BJ8 Registry
> AHCA Delegate at Large
> Havelock, NC=20
> =20
> =20
> From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob Spi=
dell
> re: "... I really think in this day and age we should look at comparative a=
dvantages of professional shops and technicians versus amateurs in the drive=
way, and leave these routine tasks to the pros."
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.=
[email-masked]
> Version: 2016.0.7690 / Virus Database: 4627/12686 - Release Date: 07/26/16=

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/gbrierto=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-55E3B12C-42C2-456B-A36B-E3F8F321A325
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-55E3B12C-42C2-456B-A36B-E3F8F321A325--

--_47c65dc5-27bb-44f0-a680-dbc765c933cc_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--_47c65dc5-27bb-44f0-a680-dbc765c933cc_--

--===============5498982745321689332==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5498982745321689332==--

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 13:41:53 -0400

--===============3054993277916602401==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_024A_01D1E743.78D36500"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_024A_01D1E743.78D36500
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Well, actually, the population went from two to three for a split second =
before dropping back to two!

=20

George and Sherry Haywood in their BJ8 and I alone in mine had spent the =
night in Tuba City, AZ on our way home from Conclave in San Diego.  =
While topping off the tanks at the town's only intersection, I suddenly =
heard the unmistakable sound of a Healey approaching and looked up just =
in time to see Gary flash through the green light on his way back to =
North Carolina.  He never saw us, but The Silver Bullet is a rather =
unusual car and Gary is hard to miss!  We would never have been able to =
catch him at that speed, and we were going in the opposite direction to =
visit the Grand Canyon anyway.  What memories these long Healey trips =
generate!

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC =20

=20

=20

From: Gary R. Brierton [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 12:53 PM
To: BJ8Healeys
Cc: Austin Healey
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator Flush

=20

That was the trip where briefly doubled the Healey population in Tuba =
City UT!'

Sent from my iPhone

=20

Steve Byers

=20

Steve--

=20

=20

Best--Michael Oritt

=20

Steve Byers

=20

------=_NextPart_000_024A_01D1E743.78D36500
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Well, actually, the population went from two to three =
for a split second before dropping back to two!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>George and Sherry Haywood in their BJ8 and I =
alone in mine had spent the night in Tuba City, AZ on our way home from =
Conclave in San Diego.=C2=A0 While topping off the tanks at the town's =
only intersection, I suddenly heard the unmistakable sound of a Healey =
approaching and looked up just in time to see Gary flash through the =
green light on his way back to North Carolina.=C2=A0 He never saw us, =
but The Silver Bullet is a rather unusual car and Gary is hard to =
miss!=C2=A0 We would never have been able to catch him at that speed, =
and we were going in the opposite direction to visit the Grand Canyon =
anyway.=C2=A0 What memories these long Healey trips =
generate!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 =
Registry</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Gary R. Brierton [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> =
Tuesday, July 26, 2016 12:53 PM<br><b>To:</b> BJ8Healeys<br><b>Cc:</b> =
Austin Healey<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator =
Flush<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>That =
was the trip where briefly doubled the Healey population in Tuba City =
UT!'<br><br>Sent from my iPhone<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>On Jul 26, 2016, at =
11:38 AM, BJ8Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Yes, Michael, it was a wonderful trip that I'll =
always remember.&nbsp; Missed you on the one to San Diego in 2008.&nbsp; =
That oil change was done in Durango, Colorado at &quot;Jiffy&quot; =
Lube.&nbsp; Only took an hour and a half because everyone ahead of me =
was opting for &quot;the works&quot;.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><o:p></o:p></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Michael Oritt [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a=
>] <br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:36 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
BJ8Healeys<br><b>Cc:</b> Austin Healey<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Oil change and Radiator Flush</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#3333FF'>Steve--</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#3333FF'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#3333FF'>I clearly remember our =
stopping in Ely and your doing this--cannot recall if I changed my oil =
but do remember that I cleaned what passed for an air filter in the =
CAB.&nbsp; That was a great trip.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#3333FF'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#3333FF'>Best--Michael =
Oritt</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On Mon, =
Jul 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM, BJ8Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>I =
have always done oil changes and lubrications of all my cars myself, but =
during my drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads 2002, I decided my BJ8 =
needed an oil change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a service =
station.&nbsp; I had to stop the guy several times from putting the =
drain plug back in while the oil was still running out.&nbsp; I think =
I'll just keep on doing the job myself until I can't pick myself up off =
the floor afterwards.</span><o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></bloc=
kquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_024A_01D1E743.78D36500--

--===============3054993277916602401==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3054993277916602401==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 13:24:13 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8327440531694169656==
 boundary="------------C41EA1B24299B30C935DCAED"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------C41EA1B24299B30C935DCAED
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

There's a Tuba City in Utah, too????!!!

The only one I know of is in BFE, Arizona (actually, it's in a strategic 
location and has grown by leaps and bounds--it now has at least TWO gas 
stations!--in the 20 or so years I have passed through occasionally).

bs

On 7/26/2016 9:53 AM, Gary R. Brierton wrote:
> That was the trip where briefly doubled the Healey population in Tuba 
> City UT!'
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 26, 2016, at 11:38 AM, BJ8Healeys <[email-masked] 
>
>> Yes, Michael, it was a wonderful trip that I'll always remember.  
>> Missed you on the one to San Diego in 2008.  That oil change was done 
>> in Durango, Colorado at "Jiffy" Lube.  Only took an hour and a half 
>> because everyone ahead of me was opting for "the works".
>>
>> Steve Byers
>>
>> HBJ8L/36666
>>
>> BJ8 Registry
>>
>> AHCA Delegate at Large
>>
>> Havelock, NC
>>
>>
>> *From:*Michael Oritt [mailto:[email-masked]]
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:36 AM
>> *To:* BJ8Healeys
>> *Cc:* Austin Healey
>> I clearly remember our stopping in Ely and your doing this--cannot 
>> recall if I changed my oil but do remember that I cleaned what passed 
>> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM, BJ8Healeys <[email-masked] 
>>
>> I have always done oil changes and lubrications of all my cars 
>> myself, but during my drive to Lake Tahoe for Open Roads 2002, I 
>> decided my BJ8 needed an oil change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a 
>> service station.  I had to stop the guy several times from putting 
>> the drain plug back in while the oil was still running out.  I think 
>> I'll just keep on doing the job myself until I can't pick myself up 
>> off the floor afterwards.
>>
>> Steve Byers
>>
>> HBJ8L/36666
>>
>> BJ8 Registry
>>
>> AHCA Delegate at Large
>>
>> Havelock, NC
>>
>>

--------------C41EA1B24299B30C935DCAED
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>There's a Tuba City in Utah, too????!!!</p>
    <p>The only one I know of is in BFE, Arizona (actually, it's in a
      strategic location and has grown by leaps and bounds--it now has
      at least TWO gas stations!--in the 20 or so years I have passed
      through occasionally).<br>
    </p>
    <p>bs</p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/26/2016 9:53 AM, Gary R. Brierton
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <div>That was the trip where briefly doubled the Healey population
        in Tuba City UT!'<br>
        <br>
        Sent from my iPhone</div>
      <div><br>
        On Jul 26, 2016, at 11:38 AM, BJ8Healeys &lt;<a
          moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
        wrote:<br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div>
          <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
            charset=windows-1252">
          <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered
            medium)">
          <!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]-->
          <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="2050" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          <div class="WordSection1">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060">Yes, Michael, it was a wonderful
                trip that I'll always remember.  Missed you on the one
                to San Diego in 2008.  That oil change was done in
                Durango, Colorado at "Jiffy" Lube.  Only took an hour
                and a half because everyone ahead of me was opting for
                "the works".<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060">Steve Byers</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060">HBJ8L/36666</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060">BJ8 Registry</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060">AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060">Havelock, NC  </span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060">&lt;image001.jpg&gt;</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
            <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF
              1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
              <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">
                  Michael Oritt [<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]
                  <br>
                  <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:36 AM<br>
                  <b>To:</b> BJ8Healeys<br>
                  <b>Cc:</b> Austin Healey<br>
                  <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Oil change and Radiator
                  Flush<o:p></o:p></span></p>
            </div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            <div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#3333FF">Steve--<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#3333FF"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#3333FF">I
                    clearly remember our stopping in Ely and your doing
                    this--cannot recall if I changed my oil but do
                    remember that I cleaned what passed for an air
                    filter in the CAB.  That was a great trip.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#3333FF"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
              </div>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#3333FF">Best--Michael
                    Oritt<o:p></o:p></span></p>
              </div>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal">On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM,
                  BJ8Healeys &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
                <div>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
                        style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic
                        Sans MS&quot;;color:#002060">I have always done
                        oil changes and lubrications of all my cars
                        myself, but during my drive to Lake Tahoe for
                        Open Roads 2002, I decided my BJ8 needed an oil
                        change in Ely, Nevada so I stopped at a service
                        station.  I had to stop the guy several times
                        from putting the drain plug back in while the
                        oil was still running out.  I think I'll just
                        keep on doing the job myself until I can't pick
                        myself up off the floor afterwards.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
                        style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic
                        Sans MS&quot;;color:#002060"> </span><o:p></o:p></p>
                    <div>
                      <p class="MsoNormal"
                        style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                          MS&quot;;color:#002060">Steve Byers</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                      <p class="MsoNormal"
                        style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                          MS&quot;;color:#002060">HBJ8L/36666</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                      <p class="MsoNormal"
                        style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                          MS&quot;;color:#002060">BJ8 Registry</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                      <p class="MsoNormal"
                        style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                          MS&quot;;color:#002060">AHCA Delegate at Large</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                      <p class="MsoNormal"
                        style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
                          MS&quot;;color:#002060">Havelock, NC  </span><o:p></o:p></p>
                      <br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------C41EA1B24299B30C935DCAED--

--===============8327440531694169656==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8327440531694169656==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 14:34:24 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------37E616B2F9A072EC3C3828B3
 boundary="------------1C4A8E0E926F6DF9F85C0FA5"

--------------1C4A8E0E926F6DF9F85C0FA5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

"What memories these long Healey trips generate!"

Here's one I'll never forget.

bs

On 7/26/2016 10:41 AM, BJ8Healeys wrote:
>
> Well, actually, the population went from two to three for a split 
> second before dropping back to two!
>
> George and Sherry Haywood in their BJ8 and I alone in mine had spent 
> the night in Tuba City, AZ on our way home from Conclave in San 
> Diego.  While topping off the tanks at the town's only intersection, I 
> suddenly heard the unmistakable sound of a Healey approaching and 
> looked up just in time to see Gary flash through the green light on 
> his way back to North Carolina.  He never saw us, but The Silver 
> Bullet is a rather unusual car and Gary is hard to miss!  We would 
> never have been able to catch him at that speed, and we were going in 
> the opposite direction to visit the Grand Canyon anyway.  What 
> memories these long Healey trips generate!
>
> Steve Byers
>
> HBJ8L/36666
>
> BJ8 Registry
>
> AHCA Delegate at Large
>
> Havelock, NC
>

--------------1C4A8E0E926F6DF9F85C0FA5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>"<span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
        MS&quot;;color:#002060">What memories these long Healey trips
        generate!"</span></p>
    <p><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
        MS&quot;;color:#002060">Here's one I'll never forget.</span></p>
    <p><span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
        MS&quot;;color:#002060">bs<br>
      </span></p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/26/2016 10:41 AM, BJ8Healeys
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
            MS&quot;;color:#002060">Well, actually, the population went
            from two to three for a split second before dropping back to
            two!<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
            MS&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
            MS&quot;;color:#002060">George and Sherry Haywood in their
            BJ8 and I alone in mine had spent the night in Tuba City, AZ
            on our way home from Conclave in San Diego.  While topping
            off the tanks at the town's only intersection, I suddenly
            heard the unmistakable sound of a Healey approaching and
            looked up just in time to see Gary flash through the green
            light on his way back to North Carolina.  He never saw us,
            but The Silver Bullet is a rather unusual car and Gary is
            hard to miss!  We would never have been able to catch him at
            that speed, and we were going in the opposite direction to
            visit the Grand Canyon anyway.  What memories these long
            Healey trips generate!<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
            MS&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
              MS&quot;;color:#002060">Steve Byers</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
              MS&quot;;color:#002060">HBJ8L/36666</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
              MS&quot;;color:#002060">BJ8 Registry</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
              MS&quot;;color:#002060">AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
              MS&quot;;color:#002060">Havelock, NC  </span><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans
            MS&quot;;color:#002060"><o:p> </o:p></span>
        </p>
      </div>
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------1C4A8E0E926F6DF9F85C0FA5--

--------------37E616B2F9A072EC3C3828B3
 name="Mexico federalis.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="Mexico federalis.jpg"

--------------37E616B2F9A072EC3C3828B3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------37E616B2F9A072EC3C3828B3--