Subject: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 19:47:43 +0000 (UTC)

--===============2547606959013578527==
	boundary="----=_Part_2755765_1261485068.1472672863473"

------=_Part_2755765_1261485068.1472672863473
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Again, thanks to everyone who replied to the BJ8 oil pressure survey- interesting variety of responses.My oil pressure figures fall well within the acceptable figures, but what I'm wondering about is the time it takes for the needle on the gauge to come up.
I haven't actually timed this, but mine seems to take an uncomfortable length of time to come up on a cold start. Could this just be air in the line delaying the response of the gauge- the pressure relief valve...ideas?Whenever I change the oil filter it's full, so I don't think it's the filter filling up. I understand that this is a vague question until I've actually timed it, but I wondered if anyone else had had the same concern.Thanks,
Stephen, BJ8

------=_Part_2755765_1261485068.1472672863473
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; f=
ont-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, =
sans-serif;font-size:16px"><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1472672124595_8935"=
>Again, thanks to everyone who replied to the BJ8 oil pressure survey- inte=
resting variety of responses.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_14726721245=
95_9012">My oil pressure figures fall well within the acceptable figures, b=
ut what I'm wondering about is the time it takes for the needle on the gaug=
e to come up.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1472672124595_9056"><br></d=
iv><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1472672124595_9057">I haven't actually time=
d this, but mine seems to take an uncomfortable length of time to come up o=
n a cold start. Could this just be air in the line delaying the response of=
 the gauge- the pressure relief valve...ideas?</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_y=
m19_1_1472672124595_9105">Whenever I change the oil filter it's full, so I =
don't think it's the filter filling up. I understand that this is a vague q=
uestion until I've actually timed it, but I wondered if anyone else had had=
 the same concern.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1472672124595_9178">Th=
anks,</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1472672124595_9219"><br></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1472672124595_9220">Stephen, BJ8<br></div></div></b=
ody></html>
------=_Part_2755765_1261485068.1472672863473--

--===============2547606959013578527==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2547606959013578527==--