Subject: [Healeys] Water pump and fan query for BN7

From: Richard Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 15:55:28 +0000

The bearings on my water pump finally gave out so I am in the market for one and also think it is time to upgrade from the 2 piece four bladed fan that was on it.
The pump has the nut on the shaft for the pulley but unless the pulley is keyed on it looks more like it is pressed on although I do have a bit of motion of the pulley on the shaft. It seems most new pumps (Moss for example) have the pulleys now pressed on so I assume that is the preferred solution for replacement.
Re the fan I was looking at a six blade but saw no fans in the Moss catalog (NA?) as they look for a solution I recall to rivets popping on the metal ones and not sure re the plastic blade solution.
Looking for any feed back on obtaining a new water pump and an upgraded fan blade.
Thanks !
Regards,
Richard Collins of KY
BN7 #440

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Steven Kingsbury <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:11:47 +0000 (GMT) MailServer16E78.25278-16A-1132-e21ea0a6a8b6 t=1471374711; bh=v/iJDgbNb1FcBHPayxkz566klJRbTpuuoJ6sAYQxTdA=; h=MIME-version:Content-type:To:From:Subject:Date:Message-id; b=Gnc7cSS79SL1W2vUrrMs66UZOQ6hw/5ByWqshhHSYRq59VS8S7bAVBZ79zKEcdz71 nTjht9FiZs4iGaG/vHNsZxFvRCtOyOMKC+vUJ+vpw4bKXfGjc5t1edRTs/BsfGXCcl IEf9SE+khbBOHsm9OYSvbZdLXGgiKdeZB7zT5RlMK6lTWG7B/zeqFoNwF63InZEVMY 2ZW0VsCdawfC85Fmmk6pJw+xYY2B/Ue5oxzbibgNNDgY5Zm854rTktuL3fFCJ0k5pL D4i+3qYsA7cuQIxuAZQQjcZ+LH2YQTXUGGd5U7BeVREjewwYbfVQz4h78XqvAQW8zA BEO1nKepayopA==

--===============5530848425333150284==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_De9h0Dd0vb4FqXh2lYepBw)"

--Boundary_(ID_De9h0Dd0vb4FqXh2lYepBw)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Not sure about the water pump, but I love the stainless fan I got from David Nock at British Car Specialists. Easy to mount and works great! NFI, just happy with the performance. And while you've got everything out of the way, ever think about an all aluminum radiator?

Steven Kingsbury

BN1 #598

On Aug 16, 2016, at 09:23 AM, Richard Collins <[email-masked]> wrote:

[email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_De9h0Dd0vb4FqXh2lYepBw)
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_0cGtnAggj1p/+rS1ZT7FQQ)"; type="text/html"

--Boundary_(ID_0cGtnAggj1p/+rS1ZT7FQQ)
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div>Not sure about the water pump, but I love the stainless fan I got fro=
m David Nock at British Car Specialists. Easy to mount and works great! NF=
I, just happy with the performance. And while you've got everything out of=
 the way, ever think about an all aluminum radiator?<br></div><div>Steven =
Kingsbury<br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>BN1 #598<br data-mce-bogus=3D=
"1"></div><div><br>On Aug 16, 2016, at 09:23 AM, Richard Collins &lt;gonna=
[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br><div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div=
 class=3D"msg-quote"><div class=3D"_stretch"><span class=3D"body-text-cont=
ent">The bearings on my water pump finally gave out so I am in the market =
for one and also think it is time to upgrade from the 2 piece four bladed =
fan that was on it.<br>The pump has the nut on the shaft for the pulley bu=
t unless the pulley is keyed on it looks more like it is pressed on althou=
gh I do have a bit of motion of the pulley on the shaft. It seems most new=
 pumps (Moss for example) have the pulleys now pressed on so I assume that=
 is the preferred solution for replacement.<br>Re the fan I was looking at=
 a six blade but saw no fans in the Moss catalog (NA?) as they look for a =
solution I recall to rivets popping on the metal ones and not sure re the =
plastic blade solution.<br>Looking for any feed back on obtaining a new wa=
ter pump and an upgraded fan blade.<br>Thanks !<br>Regards,<br>Richard Col=
lins of KY<br>BN7 #440<br><br>____________________________________________=
___<br>Support <a href=3D"http://Team.Net" data-mce-href=3D"http://Team.Ne=
t">Team.Net</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" data-mce-href=3D=
"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>S=
uggested annual donation $12.75<br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net=
/archive" data-mce-href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.ne=
t/archive</a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" data-mce-h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br><=
a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" data-mce-href=3D"mailto:Healeys@a=
utox.team.net">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" data-mce-href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailm=
an/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br=
><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/=
healeys/[email-masked]" data-mce-href=3D"http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br><br=
></span></div></div></blockquote></div></div></body></html>=

--Boundary_(ID_0cGtnAggj1p/+rS1ZT7FQQ)--

--Boundary_(ID_De9h0Dd0vb4FqXh2lYepBw)--

--===============5530848425333150284==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5530848425333150284==--