Subject: Re: [Healeys] Leaking rear axle hub (BT7) following recent installation of new seal!

From: philip fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 22:55:21 +0100

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--===============3551488779795223220==
	boundary="B_3556652126_13787445"

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--B_3556652126_13787445
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Hi all,
6 months ago my local garage replaced the seal on the O/S rear axle which
was weeping slowly. When I took the wheel and drum off today everywhere was
covered in oil from a major leak. Previously the garage replaced the oil
seal, bearing, bearing spacer, hub lock washer and the paper gasket. There
is no O-ring on this model.

Does anybody have any ideas what might have gone wrong? I assume the seal
has completely failed. Any helpful advice I can pass onto the garage?

Phil       

--B_3556652126_13787445
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf=
-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -we=
bkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; fo=
nt-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><div>Hi all,</div><div>6 months ago my loca=
l garage replaced the seal on the O/S rear axle 
which was weeping slowly. When I took the wheel and drum off today 
everywhere was covered in oil from a major leak. Previously the garage 
replaced the oil seal, bearing, bearing spacer, hub lock washer and the 
paper gasket. There is no O-ring on this model.<br>
<br>
Does anybody have any ideas what might have gone wrong? I assume the seal h=
as completely failed. Any helpful advice I can pass onto the garage?<br>
<br>
Phil &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div></body></html>

--B_3556652126_13787445--

--===============3551488779795223220==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3551488779795223220==--