Subject: Re: [Healeys] Helicols in SU carbs

From: Alan Grossman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 12:02:04 -0700

I doubt a helicoil has enough "meat" to use the original bolt. But there 
are thread inserts that I am fairly certain would, and don't require 
special taps like helicoils.

Cheers, Alan

On 9/23/2016 8:17 AM, John Spaur wrote:
> It is based on bolt size. You might be able to use the standard bolt but you
> will have to check the kit to find out the helicol drill bit size and
> whether it will work with the existing carb bolt hole. Some kits have drill
> bits others don't.
>
> John Spaur
> San Jose
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Alex" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:45:39 -0400 a=/LQkMGyW2RqodeQv9Z1oEg==:117 a=/LQkMGyW2RqodeQv9Z1oEg==:17 a=L9H7d07YOLsA:10 a=9cW_t1CCXrUA:10 a=s5jvgZ67dGcA:10 a=r77TgQKjGQsHNAKrUKIA:9 a=Ohl-s5X6AAAA:8 a=Oed-HhIGaVQpbIGwJHkA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=DOZsQkz803sA:10 a=k7DRv-thBGUA:10 a=rEu499I--ea2dk0Bx_8A:9 a=6-5pDhCbpMuG7eIr:21 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=mSgETeHyXRx66P8MgsKX:22

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1022297739181834616==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_007A_01D215C2.4C785940"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D215C2.4C785940
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My friend Erick van Sickle, who runs Leyland British auto repair here in =
southern Maine, has a customer that supposedly has two dismantled =
Healeys for sale. Parts are said to be available, especially body parts. =
Erick can give you the contact info; he can be reached at 207-967-2504.

I have no pecuniary interest.

=3D=3D Alex in Maine
     "The Blue Mainie," 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
     "Conkling," 1946 M.G. TC #1321
     Former owner 1957 A-H 100-6, 1967 A-H BJ8,=20
     1965 MG Midget   <(.=BF.)>
     http://ai2q.org/
------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D215C2.4C785940
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial>My friend Erick van Sickle, who runs =
Leyland=20
British auto repair here in southern Maine, has a customer that =
supposedly has=20
two dismantled Healeys for sale. Parts are said to be available, =
especially body=20
parts. Erick can give you the contact info; he can be reached at=20
207-967-2504.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial>I have no pecuniary=20
interest.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial>=3D=3D Alex in=20
Maine<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><EM>"The Blue=20
Mainie," 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
"Conkling,"=20
1946 M.G. TC #1321<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Former owner 1957 A-H =
100-6, 1967=20
A-H BJ8, <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1965 MG Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
=8B(=95=BF=95)=9B<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </EM></FONT><A =
href=3D"http://ai2q.org/"><FONT=20
size=3D2=20
face=3DArial><EM>http://ai2q.org/</EM></FONT></A></STRONG></DIV></BODY></=
HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D215C2.4C785940--

--===============1022297739181834616==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1022297739181834616==--

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 08:23:56 +0100

I did something similar to a couple of my Webers and they went in OK and
haven't given any trouble.
You can get virtually any thread and length insert that you need in kits
that come with everything you need. German made, I think. I can't lay my
hands on mine right now but am sure that they were V-coil per eBay :-
112134974310
Years ago I put a bit of grease in the nuts and some "PlasticMetal" on the
bolts' flats. I bolted everything together and I had crude but workable
"captive nuts".
The PlasticMetal (JB Weld?) came off later when I took the carbs off the
car.

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alan
Grossman
Sent: 23 September 2016 20:02
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Helicols in SU carbs

I doubt a helicoil has enough "meat" to use the original bolt. But there are
thread inserts that I am fairly certain would, and don't require special
taps like helicoils.

Cheers, Alan

On 9/23/2016 8:17 AM, John Spaur wrote:
> It is based on bolt size. You might be able to use the standard bolt 
> but you will have to check the kit to find out the helicol drill bit 
> size and whether it will work with the existing carb bolt hole. Some 
> kits have drill bits others don't.
>
> John Spaur
> San Jose
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
> donation  $12.75
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

---

$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]