Subject: [Healeys] 3000 Mk III cloisonne front badge

From: "Gary R. Brierton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 00:53:19 +0000

--===============5417864028786118591==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BY2PR0301MB2007E78FE9F492F812FDF69FB3FA0BY2PR0301MB2007_"

--_000_BY2PR0301MB2007E78FE9F492F812FDF69FB3FA0BY2PR0301MB2007_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am interested in obtaining an A-H 3000 Mk III front badge, in cloisonne.

I have a perfect one which has no enamel or cloisonne "in-fill".

I would like to get either an intact replacement or some info on having my =
current badge restored...in cloisonne.  Failing all of that, I'll just get =
her repainted!

GaryB

--_000_BY2PR0301MB2007E78FE9F492F812FDF69FB3FA0BY2PR0301MB2007_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:#000000;back=
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<p>I am interested in obtaining an A-H 3000 Mk III front badge, in cloisonn=
e.</p>
<p>I have a perfect one which has no enamel or cloisonne &quot;in-fill&quot=
;.</p>
<p>I would like to get either an intact replacement or some info on having =
my current badge restored...in cloisonne.&nbsp; Failing all of that, I'll j=
ust get her repainted!</p>
<p>GaryB<br>
</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BY2PR0301MB2007E78FE9F492F812FDF69FB3FA0BY2PR0301MB2007_--

--===============5417864028786118591==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5417864028786118591==--

---

From: "Deejay2650 ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 00:10:45 +1000

--===============4464097608370468184==

--001a1137a83645ff58053c27d466

Greetings from "Down Under"
G'day,
I don't want to appear as the 'fly in the ointment here', but would like to
share my experience with you all.
My car was a *mid 67* build (May '67) BJ8, Mk3 Phase 2, finished in 'Golden
Beige Metallic', black interior, with a bonnet badge finished in *orange*
paint....and told this was the original finish for the period, as some were
finished in cloisonne and some were in fact painted in* late 1967*.
(Source:The Original Austin Healey...Anders Ditlev Clausager)
To be blunt, I hated it....I thought it detracted from the overall look of
the vehicle, and sought to look for a nicer solution....The badge on the
car may or *may not* be the *original* bonnet badge (It will go with the
Healey if I ever sell it) but I wanted a cloisonne badge to be seen as a
celebration of the marque (Like Benson and Hedges...."When only the best
will do, and isn't that all the time"?) as Stuart Wagstaff used to say in
the TV ads, back in the cigarette days of advertising....

I purchased a cloisonne bonnet badge from *AH Spares *in England and it is
just perfect and looks brilliant on the car, I couldn't recommend a better
badge, the attention to detail is faultless; the chrome plating,
perfect,and the fit....exactly the same as the original badge
fitted..Price-wise, expensive, with the OZ exchange rate...yes, but worth
every penny!
Darryl Ross
'67 Austin-Healey BJ8 Mk 111, Ph2

--001a1137a83645ff58053c27d466
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div><div><div>Greetings from &quot;Down Un=
der&quot;<br></div><div>G&#39;day,<br></div>I don&#39;t want to appear as t=
he &#39;fly in the ointment here&#39;, but would like to share my experienc=
e with you all.<br></div>My car was a <u>mid 67</u> build (May &#39;67) BJ8=
, Mk3 Phase 2, finished in &#39;Golden Beige Metallic&#39;, black interior,=
 with a bonnet badge finished in <u>orange</u> paint....and told this was t=
he original finish for the period, as some were finished in cloisonne and s=
ome were in fact painted in<u> late 1967</u>. (Source:The Original Austin H=
ealey...Anders Ditlev Clausager)<br></div>To be blunt, I hated it....I thou=
ght it detracted from the overall look of the vehicle, and sought to look f=
or a nicer solution....The badge on the car may or <u>may not</u> be the <u=
>original</u> bonnet badge (It will go with the Healey if I ever sell it) b=
ut I wanted a cloisonne badge to be seen as a celebration of the marque (Li=
ke Benson and Hedges....&quot;When only the best will do, and isn&#39;t tha=
t all the time&quot;?) as Stuart Wagstaff used to say in the TV ads, back i=
n the cigarette days of advertising....<br><br></div>I purchased a cloisonn=
e bonnet badge from <u>AH Spares </u>in England and it is just perfect and =
looks brilliant on the car, I couldn&#39;t recommend a better badge, the at=
tention to detail is faultless; the chrome plating, perfect,and the fit....=
exactly the same as the original badge fitted..Price-wise, expensive, with =
the OZ exchange rate...yes, but worth every penny!=C2=A0 <br></div>Darryl R=
oss<br></div>&#39;67 Austin-Healey BJ8 Mk 111, Ph2<br></div>

--001a1137a83645ff58053c27d466--

--===============4464097608370468184==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4464097608370468184==--