Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3000 Mk III cloisonné front badge

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 19:31:36 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6731862624504819259==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0050_01D20AD0.C906D830"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01D20AD0.C906D830
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I ordered an aftermarket repro for a BT7 from a non United States supplier.
When compared to an original in good condition the aftermarket one was
horrible. The area underneath enamel just did not look correct.

John Spaur

San Jose, CA

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob
Spidell
Sent: Friday, September 9, 2016 4:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3000 Mk III cloisonne front badge

Can't help much, but I recall looking into this years ago as I also have a
badge with no enamel.  It's next-to-impossible to find someone that still
does this work and, IIRC, it would cost as much to have a badge re-done as
it would to buy new (if not more with two-way shipping charges).  If you
find someone who can do it please let us all know.  The re-pops are pretty
good (they ought to be for $200+).

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01D20AD0.C906D830
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta name=3DGenerator =
content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>I ordered an aftermarket repro for a BT7 from a non United States =
supplier. When compared to an original in good condition the aftermarket =
one was horrible. The area underneath enamel just did not look =
correct.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>John Spaur<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>San Jose, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'> Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Bob Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, September 9, 2016 4:51 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
3000 Mk III cloisonne front badge<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p>Can't help much, but I recall =
looking into this years ago as I also have a badge with no enamel.&nbsp; =
It's next-to-impossible to find someone that still does this work and, =
IIRC, it would cost as much to have a badge re-done as it would to buy =
new (if not more with two-way shipping charges).&nbsp; If you find =
someone who can do it please let us all know.&nbsp; The re-pops are =
pretty good (they ought to be for =
$200+).<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0050_01D20AD0.C906D830--

--===============6731862624504819259==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6731862624504819259==--