Subject: [Healeys] Sloppy clutch fork

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 18:06:08 -0700

Listers,

Got my gearbox and OD broken from the engine.  Biggest surprise was the 
'release bearing;' it has over 100K on it and looks like it could go 
another 100K.  Also, the first motion shaft has a bit more wear than I 
would like; anyone think this is a problem?

The 'clutch fork'--part# 14 on this page: 
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=28878&SortOrder=220--has 
a bit of slop.  If you grab the outer part of the fork and move it up 
and down, it has maybe 3/32" of movement up and down on the bearing 
end.  Is this normal, excessive, no big deal, etc.?   If it's a terrible 
thing, anybody put new bushes in and, if so, how big a job is it?

TIA,

Bob

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys