Subject: [Healeys] Radio

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 10:32:17 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1975478923933927704==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_02AB_01D20760.C7F7DB10"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_02AB_01D20760.C7F7DB10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Agreed!  I have a single DIN radio with a 7" retractable screen, and the
screen can be difficult to read in direct daylight.

Al Fuller

al at bighealey dot org

'65 BJ-8

'85 Rx-7

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John and
Judy Carter
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2016 11:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 237

To me one of the biggest considerations is the type of display the radio
has. It is very difficult to see most radio displays in the sun. Is there a
specific type of display that can easily be seen in the sun?  John  BJ8,AN5

  _____  

From: Healeys <[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:00 PM
Subject: Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 237 

Send Healeys mailing list submissions to

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys 

 <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys> Healeys -- Austin Healey
Discussion - Team.Net

autox.team.net

To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Healeys
Archives. Using Healeys: To post a message to all the list members, send
email ...

or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Healeys digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Oil pressure gauge response (Stephen Hutchings)
   2. Re: Radio for BJ8 (Oudesluys)
   3. Re: Radio for BJ8 (Derek Job)
   4. Re: Radio for BJ8 (Charlie)
   5. Re: Radio for BJ8 (i erbs)
   6. Re: Oil pressure gauge response (Oudesluys)
   7. Re: Oil pressure gauge response (Bob Spidell)
   8. Re: Radio for BJ8 (HealeyRick)
   9. Re: Radio for BJ8 (Oudesluys)
  10. Re: Oil pressure gauge response (J. Scott Morris)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 19:47:43 +0000 (UTC)
From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response

Again, thanks to everyone who replied to the BJ8 oil pressure survey-
interesting variety of responses.My oil pressure figures fall well within
the acceptable figures, but what I'm wondering about is the time it takes
for the needle on the gauge to come up.
I haven't actually timed this, but mine seems to take an uncomfortable
length of time to come up on a cold start. Could this just be air in the
line delaying the response of the gauge- the pressure relief
valve...ideas?Whenever I change the oil filter it's full, so I don't think
it's the filter filling up. I understand that this is a vague question until
I've actually timed it, but I wondered if anyone else had had the same
concern.Thanks,
Stephen, BJ8
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160831/442ea0a3/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:28:44 +0200
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8

That depends what you want.
Do you want a period radio which would normally be AM only or do you 
want FM as well? Mono or Stereo?
What kind of output do you want? Period radio's are about 5W. Later 90's 
radio's pump out up to 25W modern radio's go way beyond that. A separate 
amplifier can help out of course. Some early radio's have a DIN socket 
that can be used as an input for your I-pod/phone. This was originally 
intended for an accessory e.g. tape deck or gramophone etc. These are 
usually the German radio's like Grundig, Blaupunkt, Schaub-Lorenz/ITT, 
some Philips and Japanese radio's.
Post 1960 radio's are fully transistorized.
Let me know what you want and I can send some pictures. I have hundreds 
of old radio's starting from the mid-thirties. Many are for sale. Mainly 
German/Dutch/Japanese made. Some AM radios with 8-track player from 
Radiomobile (UK) or Voxson (Italy).
You can source them locally at specialists or through ebay. Use Google 
to find them. There are several suppliers of refurbished/restored 
radio's in the UK and in Germany.
Shipping from Europe should be around $30 up to 2kg or $45 up to 5kg 
insured up to $550.
Go for a speaker that fits properly in the space provided and is rated 
at about twice the radio output. For a classic radio a 10-15W speaker is 
fine. A very high rating may lead to a weak and distorted sound. Do not 
expect super quality sound like from a modern radio.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 31-8-2016 om 18:57 schreef Charlie Schott:
> Would someone please recommend a good radio and speaker for the BJ8. 
> And also a source.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> Charlie Schott
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:38:00 +0100
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8
Message-ID:
        <[email-masked]

No Austin Healey should ever have a radio in it!

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Charlie Schott <[email-masked]

> Would someone please recommend a good radio and speaker for the BJ8. And
> also a source.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> Charlie Schott
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160831/5b8dcde0/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 00:44:21 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8
Message-ID:
        <[email-masked]

https://www.retromanufacturing.com/ 

Search for good prices. Moss also sells them. A search for Retrosound will
yield others selling vintage looking modern radios. 

----- Original Message -----

To: "Charlie Schott" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:57:00 PM 
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8 

Would someone please recommend a good radio and speaker for the BJ8. And 
also a source. 

Thanks, 

Regards, 

Charlie Schott 

_______________________________________________ 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 

http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys 

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 

_______________________________________________ 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 

http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys 

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/fbfd7d19/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:29:52 -0700
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8
Message-ID:
        <[email-masked]

The one located under the bonnet and coming out of the tailpipes works fine
for me

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
      _______                                  _______
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
         (_________________________)
          BT7 engine and disk brakes

Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Charlie Schott <[email-masked]

> Would someone please recommend a good radio and speaker for the BJ8. And
> also a source.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> Charlie Schott
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160831/d7e11c13/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 09:21:29 +0200
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response

Nothing to do with the air in the line to the oil pressure gauge. Air in 
the line is needed to even out vibrations of the needle due to the small 
pressure pulses from the oil pump. It is not uncommon that pressure 
build up is delayed. How and why this happens and why within the same 
make and type of engine it occurs or not is often unclear.
On my car (Jensen Healey) I can have pressure from cold (or hot for that 
matter) practically instantaneous or it can last up to half a minute or 
more. Most JH's/Lotus 907 engines show this delay and it is the most 
extreme in any engine I have encountered.
Always start the engine without revving it. Leave it idling and do not 
drive away until you have oil pressure.
It does not seem to harm the engine as on my first JH I did over 
160.000mls without any degradation of the oil pressure and/or bearings.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 31-8-2016 om 21:47 schreef Stephen Hutchings:
> Again, thanks to everyone who replied to the BJ8 oil pressure survey- 
> interesting variety of responses.
> My oil pressure figures fall well within the acceptable figures, but 
> what I'm wondering about is the time it takes for the needle on the 
> gauge to come up.
>
> I haven't actually timed this, but mine seems to take an uncomfortable 
> length of time to come up on a cold start. Could this just be air in 
> the line delaying the response of the gauge- the pressure relief 
> valve...ideas?
> Whenever I change the oil filter it's full, so I don't think it's the 
> filter filling up. I understand that this is a vague question until 
> I've actually timed it, but I wondered if anyone else had had the same 
> concern.
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen, BJ8
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/5b08d2af/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 04:33:56 -0700
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response

FWIW, my BN2 and BJ8 show oil pressure within 3 seconds of a cold start, 
a little longer if I've just changed the oil.  But, I usually have to 
crank them for 5-10 seconds before they fire, and that should get the 
pressure buildup started.

Bob

On 9/1/2016 12:21 AM, Oudesluys wrote:
> Nothing to do with the air in the line to the oil pressure gauge. Air 
> in the line is needed to even out vibrations of the needle due to the 
> small pressure pulses from the oil pump. It is not uncommon that 
> pressure build up is delayed. How and why this happens and why within 
> the same make and type of engine it occurs or not is often unclear.
> On my car (Jensen Healey) I can have pressure from cold (or hot for 
> that matter) practically instantaneous or it can last up to half a 
> minute or more. Most JH's/Lotus 907 engines show this delay and it is 
> the most extreme in any engine I have encountered.
> Always start the engine without revving it. Leave it idling and do not 
> drive away until you have oil pressure.
> It does not seem to harm the engine as on my first JH I did over 
> 160.000mls without any degradation of the oil pressure and/or bearings.
> Kees Oudesluijs
>
> Op 31-8-2016 om 21:47 schreef Stephen Hutchings:
>> Again, thanks to everyone who replied to the BJ8 oil pressure survey- 
>> interesting variety of responses.
>> My oil pressure figures fall well within the acceptable figures, but 
>> what I'm wondering about is the time it takes for the needle on the 
>> gauge to come up.
>>
>> I haven't actually timed this, but mine seems to take an 
>> uncomfortable length of time to come up on a cold start. Could this 
>> just be air in the line delaying the response of the gauge- the 
>> pressure relief valve...ideas?
>> Whenever I change the oil filter it's full, so I don't think it's the 
>> filter filling up. I understand that this is a vague question until 
>> I've actually timed it, but I wondered if anyone else had had the 
>> same concern.
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Stephen, BJ8
>>
>>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/7b275801/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 09:01:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8
Message-ID:
        <CAGfzsZf59nJ=2vg-teJ5_TwaO79s3rOHXudpG=f2toy=[email-masked]

DMH had a nice Becker in ONX 113, his personal 100S coupe:

http://silodrome.com/austin-healey-100-coupe/

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Derek Job <[email-masked]

> No Austin Healey should ever have a radio in it!
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Charlie Schott <[email-masked]
> wrote:
>
>> Would someone please recommend a good radio and speaker for the BJ8. And
>> also a source.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charlie Schott
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>>
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
>> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>>
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
>> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/d2a65a52/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 16:06:22 +0200
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8

That is one from an Audenauer Mercedes a.o., including the complete 
console with speaker. It already had FM. Rather bulky as it was a tubes 
unit.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 1-9-2016 om 15:01 schreef HealeyRick:
> DMH had a nice Becker in ONX 113, his personal 100S coupe:
>
> http://silodrome.com/austin-healey-100-coupe/
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Derek Job <[email-masked]
>
>     No Austin Healey should ever have a radio in it!
>
>     On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Charlie Schott
>
>         Would someone please recommend a good radio and speaker for
>         the BJ8. And also a source.
>
>         Thanks,
>
>         Regards,
>
>         Charlie Schott
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>         _______________________________________________
>         Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>         <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>         Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>         Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>         Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
>         http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
>         Unsubscribe/Manage:
>         http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>
>         _______________________________________________
>         Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>         <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>         Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>         Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>         Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
>         http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
>         Unsubscribe/Manage:
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>     Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>     Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/d05e9d88/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 14:17:21 +0000 (UTC)
To: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response

HelloStephen; ???A longtime ago, back on October 15 2001, Adnan Merchant
asked about a delay in oilpressure: ?If there is a delay, might it imply
that there is air in the line orsome other restriction somewhere???In
response, Michael Salter wrote: ??Hi Adnan,? There is a restrictor at the
block on the oil pressure line. If the line is full of air the pressure
takes some time to build on the gauge, particularly when cold, because
sufficient oil has to pass through the restrictor to compress the air in the
line to the indicated pressure.? If the line is bled at the gauge, to remove
all the air, the pressure reading should be almost instantaneous because, of
course, oil is not very compressible.??This may help you figure it
out.?--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada???????? - Keep Smiling, Murphy
Lives 

    On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:30 PM, Stephen Hutchings

 Again, thanks to everyone who replied to the BJ8 oil pressure survey-
interesting variety of responses.My oil pressure figures fall well within
the acceptable figures, but what I'm wondering about is the time it takes
for the needle on the gauge to come up.
I haven't actually timed this, but mine seems to take an uncomfortable
length of time to come up on a cold start. Could this just be air in the
line delaying the response of the gauge- the pressure relief
valve...ideas?Whenever I change the oil filter it's full, so I don't think
it's the filter filling up. I understand that this is a vague question until
I've actually timed it, but I wondered if anyone else had had the same
concern.Thanks,
Stephen, BJ8

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/a0c8faae/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Healeys mailing list
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------------------------------

End of Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 237
***************************************

------=_NextPart_000_02AB_01D20760.C7F7DB10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Segoe UI";
	panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Segoe UI Light";
	panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Agreed!&nbsp; I have a single DIN radio with a 7&#8221; retractable =
screen, and the screen can be difficult to read in direct =
daylight.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Al Fuller</span><span style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>al at bighealey dot org</span><span =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>'65 BJ-8</span><span style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>'85 Rx-7</span><span =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>John =
and Judy Carter<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, September 2, 2016 11:02 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 237<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div id=3Ddivtagdefaultwrapper><p =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'>To me one of the =
biggest considerations is the type of display the radio has. It is very =
difficult to see most radio displays in the sun. Is there a specific =
type of display that can easily be seen in the sun? &nbsp;John =
&nbsp;BJ8,AN5<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt;background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/span></p><div><div><div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center;background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'><hr size=3D2 =
width=3D"98%" align=3Dcenter></span></div><div id=3D"x_divRplyFwdMsg"><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'>F=
rom:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'> =
Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
.net</a>&gt; on behalf of <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
.net</a> &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
.net</a>&gt;<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:00 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><b>S=
ubject:</b> Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 237</span><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p><=
/span></p></div></div></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'>S=
end Healeys mailing list submissions =
to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>=
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, =
visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
id=3DLPlnk715627>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><div style=3D'margin-bottom:15.0pt;overflow:auto' =
id=3D"LPBorder_GT_14728283452980.37246571991959887"><table =
class=3DMsoNormalTable border=3D1 cellspacing=3D0 cellpadding=3D0 =
width=3D"90%" style=3D'width:90.0%;background:white;border-top:dotted =
#C8C8C8 1.0pt;border-left:none;border-bottom:dotted #C8C8C8 =
1.0pt;border-right:none'><tr><td valign=3Dtop =
style=3D'border:none;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in'><div =
id=3D"LPTitle_14728283452960.9579418456746855"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-top:15.0pt;mso-line-height-alt:15.75pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Segoe UI =
Light",sans-serif;color:#DC4FAD'><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank"><span style=3D'text-decoration:none'>Healeys -- Austin =
Healey Discussion - Team.Net</span></a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
style=3D'margin-top:7.5pt;margin-bottom:12.0pt' =
id=3D"LPMetadata_14728283452970.3545593094968995"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-top:15.0pt;line-height:10.5pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#666666'>autox.team.net<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><=
div id=3D"LPDescription_14728283452970.8398304139049404"><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-top:15.0pt;line-height:15.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#666666'>To see the collection of prior postings to =
the list, visit the Healeys Archives. Using Healeys: To post a message =
to all the list members, send email =
...<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></td></tr></table></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black'><=
br><br>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' =
to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
.net</a><br><br>You can reach the person managing the list =
at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a><br><br>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more =
specific<br>than &quot;Re: Contents of Healeys =
digest...&quot;<br><br><br>Today's Topics:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Oil =
pressure gauge response (Stephen Hutchings)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: Radio =
for BJ8 (Oudesluys)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Re: Radio for BJ8 (Derek =
Job)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. Re: Radio for BJ8 (Charlie)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 5. =
Re: Radio for BJ8 (i erbs)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 6. Re: Oil pressure gauge =
response (Oudesluys)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 7. Re: Oil pressure gauge response =
(Bob Spidell)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 8. Re: Radio for BJ8 =
(HealeyRick)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 9. Re: Radio for BJ8 (Oudesluys)<br>&nbsp; =
10. Re: Oil pressure gauge response (J. Scott =
Morris)<br><br><br>------------------------------------------------------=
----------------<br><br>Message: 1<br>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 19:47:43 =
+0000 (UTC)<br>From: Stephen Hutchings &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
To: Healeys List &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response<br>Message-ID: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">124307170=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: =
text/plain; charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>Again, thanks to everyone =
who replied to the BJ8 oil pressure survey- interesting variety of =
responses.My oil pressure figures fall well within the acceptable =
figures, but what I'm wondering about is the time it takes for the =
needle on the gauge to come up.<br>I haven't actually timed this, but =
mine seems to take an uncomfortable length of time to come up on a cold =
start. Could this just be air in the line delaying the response of the =
gauge- the pressure relief valve...ideas?Whenever I change the oil =
filter it's full, so I don't think it's the filter filling up. I =
understand that this is a vague question until I've actually timed it, =
but I wondered if anyone else had had the same =
concern.Thanks,<br>Stephen, BJ8<br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160831/442e=
a0a3/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160831/442ea0a3/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Message: 2<br>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:28:44 =
+0200<br>From: Oudesluys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To=
: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subj=
ect: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8<br>Message-ID: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">2a2de305-d=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: =
text/plain; charset=3Dwindows-1252; format=3Dflowed<br><br>That depends =
what you want.<br>Do you want a period radio which would normally be AM =
only or do you <br>want FM as well? Mono or Stereo?<br>What kind of =
output do you want? Period radio's are about 5W. Later 90's <br>radio's =
pump out up to 25W modern radio's go way beyond that. A separate =
<br>amplifier can help out of course. Some early radio's have a DIN =
socket <br>that can be used as an input for your I-pod/phone. This was =
originally <br>intended for an accessory e.g. tape deck or gramophone =
etc. These are <br>usually the German radio's like Grundig, Blaupunkt, =
Schaub-Lorenz/ITT, <br>some Philips and Japanese radio's.<br>Post 1960 =
radio's are fully transistorized.<br>Let me know what you want and I can =
send some pictures. I have hundreds <br>of old radio's starting from the =
mid-thirties. Many are for sale. Mainly <br>German/Dutch/Japanese made. =
Some AM radios with 8-track player from <br>Radiomobile (UK) or Voxson =
(Italy).<br>You can source them locally at specialists or through ebay. =
Use Google <br>to find them. There are several suppliers of =
refurbished/restored <br>radio's in the UK and in Germany.<br>Shipping =
from Europe should be around $30 up to 2kg or $45 up to 5kg <br>insured =
up to $550.<br>Go for a speaker that fits properly in the space provided =
and is rated <br>at about twice the radio output. For a classic radio a =
10-15W speaker is <br>fine. A very high rating may lead to a weak and =
distorted sound. Do not <br>expect super quality sound like from a =
modern radio.<br>Kees Oudesluijs<br><br><br>Op 31-8-2016 om 18:57 =
schreef Charlie Schott:<br>&gt; Would someone please recommend a good =
radio and speaker for the BJ8. <br>&gt; And also a =
source.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Thanks,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Regards,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
Charlie =
Schott<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br=
>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: =
<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>&gt;<br>&gt; _______________________________________________<br>&gt; =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: =
<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.=
nl">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a><br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br><br><br><br>------------------------------<=
br><br>Message: 3<br>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:38:00 +0100<br>From: =
Derek Job &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To=
: Charlie Schott &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc: =
healey list &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for =
BJ8<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
mail.com">[email-masked].=
com</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>No Austin Healey should ever have a =
radio in it!<br><br>On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Charlie Schott =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br><br>&gt; Would someone please recommend a good radio and =
speaker for the BJ8. And<br>&gt; also a source.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
Thanks,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Regards,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Charlie =
Schott<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br=
>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a=
><br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:options/healeys/[email-masked]">options/healeys/schot=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a=
><br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:options/healeys/[email-masked]">options/healeys/der=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160831/5b8d=
cde0/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160831/5b8dcde0/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Message: 4<br>Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 00:44:21 =
+0000 (UTC)<br>From: Charlie &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To=
: Charlie Schott &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc: =
&quot;List, Healey&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for =
BJ8<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
et">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<=
br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br><a =
href=3D"https://www.retromanufacturing.com/">https://www.retromanufacturi=
ng.com/</a> <br><br>Search for good prices. Moss also sells them. A =
search for Retrosound will yield others selling vintage looking modern =
radios. <br><br><br>----- Original Message -----<br><br>From: =
&quot;Charlie Schott&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; <br>To: =
&quot;Charlie Schott&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; <br>Cc: =
&quot;healey list&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
<br>Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:57:00 PM <br>Subject: Re: =
[Healeys] Radio for BJ8 <br><br>Would someone please recommend a good =
radio and speaker for the BJ8. And <br>also a source. <br><br>Thanks, =
<br><br>Regards, <br><br>Charlie Schott =
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>_____________________=
__________________________ <br>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a> <br>Suggested annual donation $12.75 <br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a> =
<br>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a> =
<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a> <br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a> =
<br><br>_______________________________________________ <br>Support =
Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a> <br>Suggested annual donation $12.75 <br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a> =
<br>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a> =
<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a> <br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
et">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a> <br><br><br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML =
attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/fbfd=
7d19/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160901/fbfd7d19/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Message: 5<br>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:29:52 =
-0700<br>From: i erbs &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
Charlie Schott &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc: =
healey list &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for =
BJ8<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
mail.com">[email-masked].=
com</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>The one located under the bonnet and =
coming out of the tailpipes works fine<br>for me<br><br>Ira =
Erbs<br>Portland,OR<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
_______&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
_______<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (______ \____1959 BN4____/ =
_______)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
(_________________________)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp; BT7 engine and disk brakes<br><br>Please excuse random auto =
corrects and misspelled words<br><br>On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:57 AM, =
Charlie Schott &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br><br>&gt; Would someone please recommend a good radio and =
speaker for the BJ8. And<br>&gt; also a source.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
Thanks,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Regards,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Charlie =
Schott<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br=
>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a=
><br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:options/healeys/[email-masked]">options/healeys/schot=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a=
><br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:options/healeys/[email-masked]">options/healeys/eyera=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160831/d7e1=
1c13/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160831/d7e11c13/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Message: 6<br>Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 09:21:29 =
+0200<br>From: Oudesluys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To=
: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subj=
ect: Re: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response<br>Message-ID: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ab963c40-3=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: =
text/plain; charset=3D&quot;windows-1252&quot;; =
Format=3D&quot;flowed&quot;<br><br>Nothing to do with the air in the =
line to the oil pressure gauge. Air in <br>the line is needed to even =
out vibrations of the needle due to the small <br>pressure pulses from =
the oil pump. It is not uncommon that pressure <br>build up is delayed. =
How and why this happens and why within the same <br>make and type of =
engine it occurs or not is often unclear.<br>On my car (Jensen Healey) I =
can have pressure from cold (or hot for that <br>matter) practically =
instantaneous or it can last up to half a minute or <br>more. Most =
JH's/Lotus 907 engines show this delay and it is the most <br>extreme in =
any engine I have encountered.<br>Always start the engine without =
revving it. Leave it idling and do not <br>drive away until you have oil =
pressure.<br>It does not seem to harm the engine as on my first JH I did =
over <br>160.000mls without any degradation of the oil pressure and/or =
bearings.<br>Kees Oudesluijs<br><br>Op 31-8-2016 om 21:47 schreef =
Stephen Hutchings:<br>&gt; Again, thanks to everyone who replied to the =
BJ8 oil pressure survey- <br>&gt; interesting variety of =
responses.<br>&gt; My oil pressure figures fall well within the =
acceptable figures, but <br>&gt; what I'm wondering about is the time it =
takes for the needle on the <br>&gt; gauge to come up.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I =
haven't actually timed this, but mine seems to take an uncomfortable =
<br>&gt; length of time to come up on a cold start. Could this just be =
air in <br>&gt; the line delaying the response of the gauge- the =
pressure relief <br>&gt; valve...ideas?<br>&gt; Whenever I change the =
oil filter it's full, so I don't think it's the <br>&gt; filter filling =
up. I understand that this is a vague question until <br>&gt; I've =
actually timed it, but I wondered if anyone else had had the same =
<br>&gt; concern.<br>&gt; Thanks,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Stephen, =
BJ8<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.=
nl">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a><br>&gt;<br><br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML =
attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/5b08=
d2af/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160901/5b08d2af/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Message: 7<br>Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 04:33:56 =
-0700<br>From: Bob Spidell &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subj=
ect: Re: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response<br>Message-ID: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">2a90d0db=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: =
text/plain; charset=3D&quot;windows-1252&quot;; =
Format=3D&quot;flowed&quot;<br><br>FWIW, my BN2 and BJ8 show oil =
pressure within 3 seconds of a cold start, <br>a little longer if I've =
just changed the oil.&nbsp; But, I usually have to <br>crank them for =
5-10 seconds before they fire, and that should get the <br>pressure =
buildup started.<br><br>Bob<br><br>On 9/1/2016 12:21 AM, Oudesluys =
wrote:<br>&gt; Nothing to do with the air in the line to the oil =
pressure gauge. Air <br>&gt; in the line is needed to even out =
vibrations of the needle due to the <br>&gt; small pressure pulses from =
the oil pump. It is not uncommon that <br>&gt; pressure build up is =
delayed. How and why this happens and why within <br>&gt; the same make =
and type of engine it occurs or not is often unclear.<br>&gt; On my car =
(Jensen Healey) I can have pressure from cold (or hot for <br>&gt; that =
matter) practically instantaneous or it can last up to half a <br>&gt; =
minute or more. Most JH's/Lotus 907 engines show this delay and it is =
<br>&gt; the most extreme in any engine I have encountered.<br>&gt; =
Always start the engine without revving it. Leave it idling and do not =
<br>&gt; drive away until you have oil pressure.<br>&gt; It does not =
seem to harm the engine as on my first JH I did over <br>&gt; 160.000mls =
without any degradation of the oil pressure and/or bearings.<br>&gt; =
Kees Oudesluijs<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Op 31-8-2016 om 21:47 schreef Stephen =
Hutchings:<br>&gt;&gt; Again, thanks to everyone who replied to the BJ8 =
oil pressure survey- <br>&gt;&gt; interesting variety of =
responses.<br>&gt;&gt; My oil pressure figures fall well within the =
acceptable figures, but <br>&gt;&gt; what I'm wondering about is the =
time it takes for the needle on the <br>&gt;&gt; gauge to come =
up.<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; I haven't actually timed this, but mine =
seems to take an <br>&gt;&gt; uncomfortable length of time to come up on =
a cold start. Could this <br>&gt;&gt; just be air in the line delaying =
the response of the gauge- the <br>&gt;&gt; pressure relief =
valve...ideas?<br>&gt;&gt; Whenever I change the oil filter it's full, =
so I don't think it's the <br>&gt;&gt; filter filling up. I understand =
that this is a vague question until <br>&gt;&gt; I've actually timed it, =
but I wondered if anyone else had had the <br>&gt;&gt; same =
concern.<br>&gt;&gt; Thanks,<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Stephen, =
BJ8<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br><br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/7b27=
5801/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160901/7b275801/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Message: 8<br>Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 09:01:34 =
-0400<br>From: HealeyRick &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
Derek Job &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc=
: healey list &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radio for =
BJ8<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:CAGfzsZf59nJ=3D2vg-teJ5_TwaO79s3rOHXudpG=3Df2toy=3DoNLb-A@=
mail.gmail.com">CAGfzsZf59nJ=3D2vg-teJ5_TwaO79s3rOHXudpG=3Df2toy=3DoNLb-A=
@mail.gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>DMH had a nice Becker in ONX 113, his =
personal 100S coupe:<br><br><a =
href=3D"http://silodrome.com/austin-healey-100-coupe/">http://silodrome.c=
om/austin-healey-100-coupe/</a><br><br>On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:38 PM, =
Derek Job &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br><br>&gt; No Austin Healey should ever have a radio in =
it!<br>&gt;<br>&gt; On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Charlie Schott =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>&gt; =
wrote:<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Would someone please recommend a good radio =
and speaker for the BJ8. And<br>&gt;&gt; also a =
source.<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Thanks,<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
Regards,<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Charlie =
Schott<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt=
;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;=
&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt; Support =
Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt;&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt;&gt; =
Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt;&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a=
><br>&gt;&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:options/healeys/[email-masked]">options/healeys/schot=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt; Support =
Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt;&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt;&gt; =
Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt;&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a=
><br>&gt;&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:options/healeys/[email-masked]">options/healeys/der=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a=
><br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:options/healeys/[email-masked]">options/healeys/heale=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/d2a6=
5a52/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160901/d2a65a52/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Message: 9<br>Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 16:06:22 =
+0200<br>From: Oudesluys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To=
: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subj=
ect: Re: [Healeys] Radio for BJ8<br>Message-ID: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">c0979acd-c=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: =
text/plain; charset=3D&quot;windows-1252&quot;; =
Format=3D&quot;flowed&quot;<br><br>That is one from an Audenauer =
Mercedes a.o., including the complete <br>console with speaker. It =
already had FM. Rather bulky as it was a tubes <br>unit.<br><br>Kees =
Oudesluijs<br><br><br><br>Op 1-9-2016 om 15:01 schreef =
HealeyRick:<br>&gt; DMH had a nice Becker in ONX 113, his personal 100S =
coupe:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://silodrome.com/austin-healey-100-coupe/">http://silodrome.c=
om/austin-healey-100-coupe/</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at =
4:38 PM, Derek Job &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]%20%0b">[email-masked] =
<br></a>&gt; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>&gt=
;&gt; wrote:<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; No Austin Healey =
should ever have a radio in it!<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Charlie =
Schott<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;[email-masked] &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>&gt;&gt=
; wrote:<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Would someone please recommend a good radio and speaker =
for<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; the BJ8. And =
also a =
source.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Thanks,<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Regards,<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Charlie =
Schott<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br=
>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
$12.75<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Archive: =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>&=
gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
p; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>&g=
t;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
$12.75<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Archive: =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>&=
gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
p; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
om">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a><br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
om">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp; Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; =
$12.75<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>&=
gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>&g=
t;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&=
gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt=
;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.=
nl">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a><br>&gt;<br><br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML =
attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/d05e=
9d88/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160901/d05e9d88/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Message: 10<br>Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 14:17:21 =
+0000 (UTC)<br>From: &quot;J. Scott Morris&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
Stephen Hutchings &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;,&nb=
sp; Healeys List<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil pressure gauge response<br>Message-ID: &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">501160395.=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: =
text/plain; charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>HelloStephen; ???A =
longtime ago, back on October 15 2001, Adnan Merchant asked about a =
delay in oilpressure: ?If there is a delay, might it imply that there is =
air in the line orsome other restriction somewhere???In response, =
Michael Salter wrote: ??Hi Adnan,? There is a restrictor at the block on =
the oil pressure line. If the line is full of air the pressure takes =
some time to build on the gauge, particularly when cold, because =
sufficient oil has to pass through the restrictor to compress the air in =
the line to the indicated pressure.? If the line is bled at the gauge, =
to remove all the air, the pressure reading should be almost =
instantaneous because, of course, oil is not very compressible.??This =
may help you figure it out.?--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, =
Canada???????? - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives <br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:30 PM, Stephen Hutchings &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br>&nbsp;<br><br>&nbsp;Again, thanks to everyone who replied to =
the BJ8 oil pressure survey- interesting variety of responses.My oil =
pressure figures fall well within the acceptable figures, but what I'm =
wondering about is the time it takes for the needle on the gauge to come =
up.<br>I haven't actually timed this, but mine seems to take an =
uncomfortable length of time to come up on a cold start. Could this just =
be air in the line delaying the response of the gauge- the pressure =
relief valve...ideas?Whenever I change the oil filter it's full, so I =
don't think it's the filter filling up. I understand that this is a =
vague question until I've actually timed it, but I wondered if anyone =
else had had the same concern.Thanks,<br>Stephen, =
BJ8<br><br>_______________________________________________<br>Support =
Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Suggested annual donation? $12.75<br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>F=
orums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br=
><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r><br><br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20160901/a0c8=
faae/attachment-0001.html">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attach=
ments/20160901/a0c8faae/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>-------------=
-----------------<br><br>Subject: Digest =
Footer<br><br>_______________________________________________<br>Healeys =
mailing list<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br><br>----------------------------=
--<br><br>End of Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue =
237<br>***************************************<o:p></o:p></span></p></div=
></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_02AB_01D20760.C7F7DB10--

--===============1975478923933927704==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1975478923933927704==--