Subject: [Healeys] tire remover

From: "healeymanjim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 14:43:29 -0700

i second steve's idea of carrying and extra tube with you when you travel.  blew a tire on my way to bend a few years ago.  
even though i was able to find a tire, no tube was available.  i had on a whim decided to take an extra tube and it saved me 
having to wait till one could be shipped in.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Tom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 06:28:20 -0400

--===============2757762396489769675==

--001a114bb11847c987053be85fe1

A couple of years ago, someone on this list said they kept a can of
fix-a-flat in the boot instead of a spare tire.  Opened up a lot of trunk
space for long trips.

- tom

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM, healeymanjim <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> i second steve's idea of carrying and extra tube with you when you
> travel.  blew a tire on my way to bend a few years ago.
> even though i was able to find a tire, no tube was available.  i had on a
> whim decided to take an extra tube and it saved me
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--001a114bb11847c987053be85fe1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">A couple of years ago, someone on this list said they kept=
 a can of fix-a-flat in the boot instead of a spare tire.=C2=A0 Opened up a=
 lot of trunk space for long trips.<div><br></div><div>- tom<br></div></div=
><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Sep 6, 2=
016 at 5:43 PM, healeymanjim <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healey=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</s=
pan> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex=
;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">i second steve&#39;s idea of =
carrying and extra tube with you when you travel.=C2=A0 blew a tire on my w=
ay to bend a few years ago.<br>
even though i was able to find a tire, no tube was available.=C2=A0 i had o=
n a whim decided to take an extra tube and it saved me<br>
having to wait till one could be shipped in.<br>
______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.<wbr>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/<wbr>listinfo/healeys</a=
><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/<wbr>options/healeys/ah3000me@<wbr>gmail.com</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a114bb11847c987053be85fe1--

--===============2757762396489769675==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2757762396489769675==--

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 7:43:46 -0400

I haven't seen one with a pin through it is ages.  Even the smallest shop I visit has the grippers that grab the rim and hold it tightly.

---- Len and/or Marge Hartnett <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

Rich:  Lots of good advice coming from The List about powder and decals.  What I have not seen is the issue of holding the wheel to the changer if that is how it is designed and how you plan to use it. The old changers had a pin to go into the lug hole on the wheel.  It looks like there is a pin in the second and third pictures on the HF web site.  No lug holes on our wire wheels.  The only way to hold the wheel from turning is to put the pin between the spokes.  NOT A GOOD IDEA!  Also, if you are going to try to remove the tire from the wheel while on the changer, you will need to bolt it down.  

If you are just going to break the bead and manually turn the wheel, then that is probably OK.  But then you need a couple of tire irons to get the tire off of the wheel.  I used to have a small tool that you placed between the tire and the wheel rim and hit with a hammer as you worked your way around the wheel.  I don't see it in my tool box.  There could be a message in that.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031

----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Richard Kahn 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2016 4:36 PM
  Subject: [Healeys] tire remover

  I purchased a tire remover and mounter from Harbor Freight. I have not tried it yet and I was wondering if anyone has used one on wire wheels. It looks like it could work if I put the wheel with the outside hub down on the unit. I will practice on an old wire wheel and tire before I try it on my chromes. (I need to put tubes on the wheels as I am constantly losing air and over the years, I have had to replace many spokes) Is there any advise?

  Rich Kahn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  [email-masked]

  Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]