Subject: [Healeys] speedo questions

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:30 -0500

Listers,

What's the thickness of the washer that is fitted between the gearbox 
and the right angle drive (PN 3H550 or Moss PN 324-720)?

There are two MPH speedometers fitted to the 3000 MkI and MkII; one for 
overdrive and one for non-overdrive cars.  What's the speedometer 
calibration (turns per mile) for each?

         BMC P/N    Smiths P/N   TPM
non-OD  BHA4124    SN6155/19     980???
OD      BHA4126    SN6155/21    1080???

When fitting a 3.54:1 rear end to an overdrive equipped car, does the 
non-OD speedometer have the correct calibration?  I think that it would 
if the gear ratios for the speedometer takeoffs on the extension housing 
of the non-OD gearbox and on the overdrive were the same.  If not, what 
calibration (TPM) have folks used?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys