Subject: [Healeys] Numbers on engine block

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:21:54 -0000

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5447839102911609930==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D49176.046ABEE0"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D49176.046ABEE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

This is one for those of you who know about numbers stamped into our cars.
Not important.I'm just curious.

So, I was lying under the MkII BT7 last night scraping the remnants of the
cork gasket and vile sealant off the bottom of the block where the sump
attaches. I was looking upwards, despite the rain of bits, and saw some
numbers and letters stamped into that bottom face.

We're talking about the bottom corner of the engine, nearest the starter.
Under the gasket, starting in the corner going towards the centre.

Each letter or numeral being +/- 8mm.

                                                          L

                                                                 62

                                                                   20

                                                          10

                                                               S

Approximately like that. Don't know how it'll appear in your computers..

The "2" in the "20", 3rd line down, is actually a "1" with a "2" stamped on
top.

My car's details, for cross reference, if any:-

Chassis no.                  HBT7 18111

Engine no.                   29E/RU/H4590

Body                           18,088

Production Lot            3,095

Completed, I think, 15th March '62

Any ideas?

(Don't going tearing off to rip your sumps off to have a look..ain't worth
it!)

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D49176.046ABEE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoNoSpacing, li.MsoNoSpacing, div.MsoNoSpacing
	{mso-style-priority:1;
	margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This is one for =
those of you who know about numbers stamped into our cars. Not =
important&#8230;I&#8217;m just curious.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>So, I was lying under the MkII BT7 last night scraping =
the remnants of the cork gasket and vile sealant off the bottom of the =
block where the sump attaches. I was looking upwards, despite the rain =
of bits, and saw some numbers and letters stamped into that bottom =
face.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>We&#8217;re talking about the =
bottom corner of the engine, nearest the starter. Under the gasket, =
starting in the corner going towards the centre.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Each letter or numeral being +/- 8mm.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
L<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 62<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;20<o:p></o:p></p><=
p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
10<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; S<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Approximately like that. Don&#8217;t know how =
it&#8217;ll appear in your computers&#8230;.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The &#8220;2&#8221; in the &#8220;20&#8221;, =
3<sup>rd</sup> line down, is actually a &#8220;1&#8221; with a =
&#8220;2&#8221; stamped on top.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My =
car&#8217;s details, for cross reference, if any:-<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times =
New Roman",serif'>Chassis =
no.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; HBT7 18111<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times =
New Roman",serif'>Engine =
no.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
29E/RU/H4590<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>Body&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 18,088<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times =
New Roman",serif'>Production =
Lot&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
3,095<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>Completed, I think, 15<sup>th</sup> March =
&#8216;62<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Any =
ideas?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>(Don&#8217;t going tearing off to rip your sumps off to =
have a look&#8230;.ain&#8217;t worth it!)<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times =
New Roman",serif'>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times =
New Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNoSpacing><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times =
New Roman",serif'>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D49176.046ABEE0--

--===============5447839102911609930==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5447839102911609930==--