Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey 3000 wire harness

From: Kees Oudesluijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 23:25:34 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2867200875191136476==
 boundary="------------3E155E156B1F4950BE0875FA"
Content-Language: nl

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3E155E156B1F4950BE0875FA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Your bulb chart in the users or workshop manual should have a list of 
which bulbs are used where.

5W is usually used for parking lights, town lights, interior lights, 
registration plate lights and rear lights. 3W is probably for the 
instrumentation lights.

Are there any wedge type bulbs used at all in an A-H?

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 23-12-2018 om 20:58 schreef Wayne Schultz:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently installing a new wire harness and some of the bulb 
> holders require a newer wedge type bulb. Moss lists 3 watt and 5 watt 
> bulbs but not where they are used?  Any ideas.
>
>                     Thanks
>                      Wayne
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------3E155E156B1F4950BE0875FA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Your bulb chart in the users or workshop manual should have a
      list of which bulbs are used where.</p>
    <p>5W is usually used for parking lights, town lights, interior
      lights, registration plate lights and rear lights. 3W is probably
      for the instrumentation lights.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Are there any wedge type bulbs used at all in an A-H?</p>
    <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 23-12-2018 om 20:58 schreef Wayne
      Schultz:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAKjtSfgGnyE_FKN-SvSSQ6=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">Hello,
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>I am currently installing a new wire harness and some of
          the bulb holders require a newer wedge type bulb. Moss lists 3
          watt and 5 watt bulbs but not where they are used?  Any ideas.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>                    Thanks</div>
        <div>                     Wayne</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3E155E156B1F4950BE0875FA--

--===============2867200875191136476==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2867200875191136476==--

---

From: David Nock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 15:18:59 -0800

Those bulb holders will not work in some of the lamp sockets.

David Nock
British Car Specialists 

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 23, 2018, at 11:58 AM, Wayne Schultz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I am currently installing a new wire harness and some of the bulb holders require a newer wedge type bulb. Moss lists 3 watt and 5 watt bulbs but not where they are used?  Any ideas.
> 
>                     Thanks
>                      Wayne
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 07:19:40 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6921373066331366519==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_016F_01D49B59.0AE9DC00"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_016F_01D49B59.0AE9DC00
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Wayne, you didn=E2=80=99t say where you sourced the harness, nor whether =
the wedge style holders include both the parking/trafficator sockets, =
license plate lamp, and the instrument lights.  Do you have the original =
bulb holders from the old harness?  If so, assuming they are =
serviceable, I would cut off the wedge type and splice in the originals. =
 The wedge style will not fit in the speedo and tach.  You may be able =
to finagle them into the safety and fuel gauges with some creativity, =
but you may need to replace the barrel style bulb holder clamps for the =
loop style. =20

=20

I did my wiring harness twice last year (long and tragic story) and I =
used LEDs for the instruments.  That took some creativity for the safety =
and fuel gauges, as well as the ammeter I have.

=20

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Wayne =
Schultz
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Healey 3000 wire harness

=20

Hello,

=20

I am currently installing a new wire harness and some of the bulb =
holders require a newer wedge type bulb. Moss lists 3 watt and 5 watt =
bulbs but not where they are used?  Any ideas.

=20

                    Thanks

                     Wayne

------=_NextPart_000_016F_01D49B59.0AE9DC00
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'>Wayne, you didn=E2=80=99t say where you sourced the =
harness, nor whether the wedge style holders include both the =
parking/trafficator sockets, license plate lamp, and the instrument =
lights.=C2=A0 Do you have the original bulb holders from the old =
harness?=C2=A0 If so, assuming they are serviceable, I would cut off the =
wedge type and splice in the originals.=C2=A0 The wedge style will not =
fit in the speedo and tach.=C2=A0 You may be able to finagle them into =
the safety and fuel gauges with some creativity, but you may need to =
replace the barrel style bulb holder clamps for the loop style.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>I did my wiring harness =
twice last year (long and tragic story) and I used LEDs for the =
instruments.=C2=A0 That took some creativity for the safety and fuel =
gauges, as well as the ammeter I have.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Bruce =
Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Brea, =
CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>1960 =
BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Wayne Schultz<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:58 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] =
Healey 3000 wire harness<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hello,<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
am currently installing a new wire harness and some of the bulb holders =
require a newer wedge type bulb. Moss lists 3 watt and 5 watt bulbs but =
not where they are used?&nbsp; Any ideas.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; =
&nbsp;Wayne<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_016F_01D49B59.0AE9DC00--

--===============6921373066331366519==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6921373066331366519==--