Subject: [Healeys] Oil pump

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 13:26:10 -0000

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2341156214610910383==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4908B.EC141520"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4908B.EC141520
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have extracted the "Gear type" oil pump from my car. This is apparently
the latter of the 2 types fitted to 3000s. It "looks" OK to me, but how can
I tell if it's actually worn?

There is a (very) little scoring, but I reckon one might anticipate that.
The clearances between the teeth seems good as does the clearance between
the teeth and the body. The shafts are OK and everything sits solid. But
what do I know of these things?

Any ideas, any clearance figures would be appreciated. Thanks.

(I bought a new Denis Welch High Capacity pump on eBay and will be fitting
that. It's a "rotor".)

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4908B.EC141520
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have extracted the &#8220;Gear type&#8221; oil pump =
from my car. This is apparently the latter of the 2 types fitted to =
3000s. It &#8220;looks&#8221; OK to me, but how can I tell if it&#8217;s =
actually worn?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>There is a (very) =
little scoring, but I reckon one might anticipate that. The clearances =
between the teeth seems good as does the clearance between the teeth and =
the body. The shafts are OK and everything sits solid. But what do I =
know of these things?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Any ideas, any =
clearance figures would be appreciated. Thanks.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>(I bought a new Denis Welch High Capacity pump on eBay =
and will be fitting that. It&#8217;s a =
&#8220;rotor&#8221;.)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4908B.EC141520--

--===============2341156214610910383==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2341156214610910383==--