Subject: [Healeys] Engine mountings' colour.

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 15:32:50 -0000

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4733344270042457639==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0016_01D49879.4534CCE0"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D49879.4534CCE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

With reference to my question on removing/replacing engine mountings
(16/11/2016)...

What colour should they be? 

I have an idea that they were engine colour, including the rubber. Seems
strange to paint the rubber..can't imagine the paint would last??

Yes, it's been a while since I discovered that the exhaust side was
delaminating and asked the question. The sum of the answers was not to panic
(as if!), keep an eye on them and do the job when a suitable opportunity
arises.

I've taken out the carbs and 6 branch exhaust in order to facilitate raising
the engine for the installation of a harmonic balancer. Since one has to
detach half the mountings' bolts, I might as well replace them now.

That nut on the crankshaft.I still have that massive, heavy, ugly, old
spanner that I bought second hand for less than a pound. (Saw it, hoped it
would fit, bought it and it did fit). One serious whack on that with a club
hammer and the nut's loose. Miracles do happen. 

Club hammer.do you call them that? We sometimes call them "lump" hammers.
Shortish handle with a big heavy head. Masons use them with those "bolsters"
I was on about recently. (A lot of the bolsters have a significant rubber
hand guard. If you miss with a club hammer, it hurts.)

Enough,

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D49879.4534CCE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>With reference to my question on removing/replacing =
engine mountings (16/11/2016)&#8230;..<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>What colour should they be? <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have an idea that they were engine colour, including =
the rubber. Seems strange to paint the rubber&#8230;.can&#8217;t imagine =
the paint would last??<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Yes, =
it&#8217;s been a while since I discovered that the exhaust side was =
delaminating and asked the question. The sum of the answers was not to =
panic (as if!), keep an eye on them and do the job when a suitable =
opportunity arises.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ve taken =
out the carbs and 6 branch exhaust in order to facilitate raising the =
engine for the installation of a harmonic balancer. Since one has to =
detach half the mountings&#8217; bolts, I might as well replace them =
now.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>That nut on the crankshaft&#8230;I still have that =
massive, heavy, ugly, old spanner that I bought second hand for less =
than a pound. (Saw it, hoped it would fit, bought it and it did fit). =
One serious whack on that with a club hammer and the nut&#8217;s loose. =
Miracles do happen. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Club =
hammer&#8230;do you call them that? We sometimes call them =
&#8220;lump&#8221; hammers. Shortish handle with a big heavy head. =
Masons use them with those &#8220;bolsters&#8221; I was on about =
recently. (A lot of the bolsters have a significant rubber hand guard. =
If you miss with a club hammer, it hurts.)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Enough,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D49879.4534CCE0--

--===============4733344270042457639==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4733344270042457639==--