Subject: [Healeys] Electric Fans

From: "R. Lindsay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 12:15:15 -0500

--===============7651845976872778024==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_64C46F8D-EF64-4C6F-8010-44AE8CF73461"

--Apple-Mail=_64C46F8D-EF64-4C6F-8010-44AE8CF73461
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I have recently installed an electric fan in my BJ8 with an adjustable =
controller (moved from Illinois to SW Florida).  The car runs at about =
90 degrees but sometimes gets little hotter.  What would be a good =
temperature at which to set the controller?  I don=E2=80=99t want it =
running constantly but I don=E2=80=99t want it set so high that the temp =
will get away from me and not settle back down when the electric fan =
comes on.

Thank you.

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8

--Apple-Mail=_64C46F8D-EF64-4C6F-8010-44AE8CF73461
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">I =
have recently installed an electric fan in my BJ8 with an adjustable =
controller (moved from Illinois to SW Florida). &nbsp;The car runs at =
about 90 degrees but sometimes gets little hotter. &nbsp;What would be a =
good temperature at which to set the controller? &nbsp;I don=E2=80=99t =
want it running constantly but I don=E2=80=99t want it set so high that =
the temp will get away from me and not settle back down when the =
electric fan comes on.<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">Thank you.<br class=3D""><div class=3D"">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); letter-spacing: normal; orphans: =
auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New =
Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">Price =
Lindsay</div><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New =
Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">67 BJ8</div><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
'Times New Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></div>
</div>

<br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_64C46F8D-EF64-4C6F-8010-44AE8CF73461--

--===============7651845976872778024==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7651845976872778024==--

---

From: Kees Oudesluijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 19:35:04 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4268906242417050468==
 boundary="------------1837E877B388F774A74BFD11"
Content-Language: nl

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------1837E877B388F774A74BFD11
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The cutting in temp. can be set fairly high. There are thousands of 
thermoswitches to choose from. Most have a M22 thread. Best is to have a 
T-piece in the top hose or a M22 boss soldered in the top tank

In my car the cutting-in temp. is about 98°C. Cutting-out temp.is about 
92°C. This with a 86°C thermostat and the thermoswitch in the top tank. 
Normal green coolant, closed cooling system with expansion bottle and no 
pressure. In the mountains I would use a 6psi radiator cap. So the 
normal running temp is steady at slightly over 86°C. Idling, in dense 
traffic or e.g. on steep hills the temp. will rise until the fan cuts in 
at 98°C after which the temp. drops to 92°C. The higher the temp. the 
better the cooling because of the delta T.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 16-12-2018 om 18:15 schreef R. Lindsay:
> I have recently installed an electric fan in my BJ8 with an adjustable 
> controller (moved from Illinois to SW Florida).  The car runs at about 
> 90 degrees but sometimes gets little hotter.  What would be a good 
> temperature at which to set the controller?  I don’t want it running 
> constantly but I don’t want it set so high that the temp will get away 
> from me and not settle back down when the electric fan comes on.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Price Lindsay
> 67 BJ8
>
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------1837E877B388F774A74BFD11
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>The cutting in temp. can be set fairly high. There are thousands
      of thermoswitches to choose from. Most have a M22 thread. Best is
      to have a T-piece in the top hose or a M22 boss soldered in the
      top tank<br>
    </p>
    <p> In my car the cutting-in temp. is about 98°C. Cutting-out
      temp.is about 92°C. This with a 86°C thermostat and the
      thermoswitch in the top tank. Normal green coolant, closed cooling
      system with expansion bottle and no pressure. In the mountains I
      would use a 6psi radiator cap. So the normal running temp is
      steady at slightly over 86°C. Idling, in dense traffic or e.g. on
      steep hills the temp. will rise until the fan cuts in at 98°C
      after which the temp. drops to 92°C. The higher the temp. the
      better the cooling because of the delta T.</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 16-12-2018 om 18:15 schreef R.
      Lindsay:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      I have recently installed an electric fan in my BJ8 with an
      adjustable controller (moved from Illinois to SW Florida).  The
      car runs at about 90 degrees but sometimes gets little hotter.
       What would be a good temperature at which to set the controller?
       I don’t want it running constantly but I don’t want it set so
      high that the temp will get away from me and not settle back down
      when the electric fan comes on.
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">Thank you.<br class="">
        <div class="">
          <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); letter-spacing: normal;
            orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
            text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
            word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
            word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
            -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class="">
            <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New
              Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start;
              text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
              normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;
              -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
              after-white-space;" class=""><br
                class="Apple-interchange-newline">
              Price Lindsay</div>
            <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New
              Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start;
              text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
              normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;
              -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
              after-white-space;" class="">67 BJ8</div>
            <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New
              Roman'; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant:
              normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
              line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start;
              text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
              normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;
              -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
              after-white-space;" class=""><br class="">
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <br class="">
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------1837E877B388F774A74BFD11--

--===============4268906242417050468==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4268906242417050468==--