Subject: [Healeys] fuel sender leak

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 15:02:17 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6425371385627761942==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0C9A_01D5130A.D8A6ABE0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0C9A_01D5130A.D8A6ABE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

All this talk of leaks from the fuel sender reminds me - any experience in
getting the fuel odor out of the armacord that covers the fuel tank? I've
dried it out in the sun, but it still smells of gasoline.

As I recall, when this happened previously I hosed it off with copious
amounts of water, then put it in the sun to dry - which took quite some
time, as it soaks up fluids like crazy.

Any better way?

Al Fuller

------=_NextPart_000_0C9A_01D5130A.D8A6ABE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>All this talk of leaks from the fuel sender reminds me =
&#8211; any experience in getting the fuel odor out of the armacord that =
covers the fuel tank? I&#8217;ve dried it out in the sun, but it still =
smells of gasoline.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>As I recall, =
when this happened previously I hosed it off with copious amounts of =
water, then put it in the sun to dry &#8211; which took quite some time, =
as it soaks up fluids like crazy.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Any better =
way?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><u>Al Fuller<o:p></o:p></u></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0C9A_01D5130A.D8A6ABE0--

--===============6425371385627761942==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6425371385627761942==--