Subject: [Healeys] Simple camber adjustment fix?

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 21:54:05 -0700

My BJ8 has had what I feel is excessive pos. camber--2-3deg--since new 
(AFAIK), even with offset trunnion bushings 'maxed out.'  Now that I can 
TIG weld with a bit of competence, I've considered adjustable shock 
plates but, while browsing the shelves at Harbor Freight the other day I 
noticed a box of alignment shims.  These are roughly U-shaped and come 
in assorted thicknesses (yeah, I know, they've been around forever). 
Anyway, I got to thinking if I put shims under the outer ears on the 
front shocks that would tilt the shocks back and remove some or all of 
the pos. camber.  My concern is, would this put undue stress on the 
ears--where the bolts go--on the shocks, possibly causing them to break 
and mayhem to ensue?  Anybody done this?

https://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&order=EAScore%2Cf%2CEAFeatured+Weight%2Cf%2CSale+Rank%2Cf&q=alignment+shims

Bob

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]