Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mystery leak update

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 20:29:03 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6629103682914753924==
 boundary="------------5DA998C4CCF9D2CBA08B68D6"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------5DA998C4CCF9D2CBA08B68D6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Odd you didn't smell the gas, and what was the 'black' color, oil or 
paint from the steering column?

At age 67, nothing works as well as it used to--insert snarky comment 
here ;)--but my sense of smell is better than ever, and I can smell a 
gas leak from 50 feet away. Go figure (maybe with the other senses 
attenuated, smell takes precedence).

On 11/21/2020 3:40 PM, Leonard Berkowitz via Healeys wrote:
> Just figured out where the mystery fluid leak was coming from. It 
> turned out to be gasoline leaking from the float to jet pipe on the 
> rear carb. It was dripping onto the steering column and running down 
> to the steering box. Still need to check to see if is just a loose 
> connection or the pipe is broken.

--------------5DA998C4CCF9D2CBA08B68D6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body>
    Odd you didn't smell the gas, and what was the 'black' color, oil or
    paint from the steering column?<br>
    <br>
    At age 67, nothing works as well as it used to--insert snarky
    comment here ;)--but my sense of smell is better than ever, and I
    can smell a gas leak from 50 feet away. Go figure (maybe with the
    other senses attenuated, smell takes precedence).<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/21/2020 3:40 PM, Leonard
      Berkowitz via Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      Just figured out where the mystery fluid leak was coming from. It
      turned out to be gasoline leaking from the float to jet pipe on
      the rear carb. It was dripping<span
        style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent;
        -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;"> onto the steering column and
        running down to the steering box. Still need to check to see if
        is just a loose connection or the pipe is broken. </span>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------5DA998C4CCF9D2CBA08B68D6--

--===============6629103682914753924==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6629103682914753924==--

---

From: John Spaur via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 23:28:12 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8017690107373926726==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000B_01D6C05D.FB9FE560"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01D6C05D.FB9FE560
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The needle valve is stuck open due to debris and needs to be removed and
cleaned.

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob
Spidell
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 8:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mystery leak update

Odd you didn't smell the gas, and what was the 'black' color, oil or paint
from the steering column?

At age 67, nothing works as well as it used to--insert snarky comment here
;)--but my sense of smell is better than ever, and I can smell a gas leak
from 50 feet away. Go figure (maybe with the other senses attenuated, smell
takes precedence).

Just figured out where the mystery fluid leak was coming from. It turned out
to be gasoline leaking from the float to jet pipe on the rear carb. It was
dripping onto the steering column and running down to the steering box.
Still need to check to see if is just a loose connection or the pipe is
broken.  

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01D6C05D.FB9FE560
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>The needle valve is stuck open due to debris and needs to be removed =
and cleaned.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bob =
Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, November 21, 2020 8:29 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Mystery leak update<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Odd you didn't smell the gas, and what =
was the 'black' color, oil or paint from the steering column?<br><br>At =
age 67, nothing works as well as it used to--insert snarky comment here =
;)--but my sense of smell is better than ever, and I can smell a gas =
leak from 50 feet away. Go figure (maybe with the other senses =
attenuated, smell takes precedence).<br><br><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 11/21/2020 3:40 PM, Leonard Berkowitz via Healeys =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p class=3DMsoNormal>Just =
figured out where the mystery fluid leak was coming from. It turned out =
to be gasoline leaking from the float to jet pipe on the rear carb. It =
was dripping&nbsp;onto the steering column and running down to the =
steering box. Still need to check to see if is just a loose connection =
or the pipe is broken.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01D6C05D.FB9FE560--

--===============8017690107373926726==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8017690107373926726==--

---

From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 14:54:23 +0000

--===============5359839412288943566==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BYAPR15MB2213583B63577A778742350DA5FD0BYAPR15MB2213namp_"

--_000_BYAPR15MB2213583B63577A778742350DA5FD0BYAPR15MB2213namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Or the float may have a pinhole and by full of fuel.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 #554
________________________________
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of John Spaur via =
Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2020 7:28 AM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mystery leak update

The needle valve is stuck open due to debris and needs to be removed and cl=
eaned.

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob Spid=
ell
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 8:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mystery leak update

Odd you didn't smell the gas, and what was the 'black' color, oil or paint =
from the steering column?

At age 67, nothing works as well as it used to--insert snarky comment here =
;)--but my sense of smell is better than ever, and I can smell a gas leak f=
rom 50 feet away. Go figure (maybe with the other senses attenuated, smell =
takes precedence).

Just figured out where the mystery fluid leak was coming from. It turned ou=
t to be gasoline leaking from the float to jet pipe on the rear carb. It wa=
s dripping onto the steering column and running down to the steering box. S=
till need to check to see if is just a loose connection or the pipe is brok=
en.

--_000_BYAPR15MB2213583B63577A778742350DA5FD0BYAPR15MB2213namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body>
<div>Or the float may have a pinhole and by full of fuel.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Bill Lawrence</div>
<div>BN1 #554</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;healeys-b=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of John Spaur via Healeys &lt;healeys@a=
utox.team.net&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Sunday, November 22, 2020 7:28 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Mystery leak update</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<style>
<!--
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math"}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri}
p.x_MsoNormal, li.x_MsoNormal, div.x_MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif}
a:link, span.x_MsoHyperlink
	{color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline}
a:visited, span.x_MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline}
span.x_EmailStyle17
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D}
.x_MsoChpDefault
	{font-size:10.0pt}
@page WordSection1
	{margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in}
div.x_WordSection1
	{}
-->
</style>
<div lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72">
<div class=3D"x_WordSection1">
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot=
;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif; color:#1F497D">The needle valve is stuck open du=
e to debris and needs to be removed and cleaned.</span></p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot=
;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif; color:#1F497D">&nbsp;</span></p>
<div>
<div style=3D"border:none; border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt; padding:3.0pt 0i=
n 0in 0in">
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><b><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&q=
uot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:11.0=
pt; font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif"> Healeys [mailto:healeys-bo=
[email-masked]]
<b>On Behalf Of </b>Bob Spidell<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Saturday, November 21, 2020 8:29 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Mystery leak update</span></p>
</div>
</div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt">Odd you didn't smel=
l the gas, and what was the 'black' color, oil or paint from the steering c=
olumn?<br>
<br>
At age 67, nothing works as well as it used to--insert snarky comment here =
;)--but my sense of smell is better than ever, and I can smell a gas leak f=
rom 50 feet away. Go figure (maybe with the other senses attenuated, smell =
takes precedence).<br>
<br>
</p>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal">On 11/21/2020 3:40 PM, Leonard Berkowitz via Heale=
ys wrote:</p>
</div>
<blockquote style=3D"margin-top:5.0pt; margin-bottom:5.0pt">
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal">Just figured out where the mystery fluid leak was =
coming from. It turned out to be gasoline leaking from the float to jet pip=
e on the rear carb. It was dripping&nbsp;onto the steering column and runni=
ng down to the steering box. Still need
 to check to see if is just a loose connection or the pipe is broken.&nbsp;=
 </p>
</blockquote>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BYAPR15MB2213583B63577A778742350DA5FD0BYAPR15MB2213namp_--

--===============5359839412288943566==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5359839412288943566==--