Subject: Re: [Healeys] Long road trip

From: i erbs via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:08:32 -0800

--===============0619705071032454618==

--0000000000001d7b7c05b477f1b7

23464 days
Bought my Healey in 1975.
Many other LBCs as well, but the Healey is along for the full ride and then
on to my kids.
I am happy that so many of you have been riding with me these many days.
Good health to us all
And happy Birthday Perry.

Ira Erbs
1959 AH 100-6
1967 MGB
Milwaukie, OR

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020, 11:46 AM James Richmond via Healeys <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Congratulations Perry.  I have past 30,000 trips around the sun -
> specially 30223.  My first Healey was purchased used in 1966.  It was a
> 1964 Sprite.
>
> Jim
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--0000000000001d7b7c05b477f1b7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">23464 days<div dir=3D"auto">Bought my Healey in 1975.</di=
v><div dir=3D"auto">Many other LBCs as well, but the Healey is along for th=
e full ride and then on to my kids.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">I am happy=
 that so many of you have been riding with me these many days.</div><div di=
r=3D"auto">Good health to us all=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">And happy Bir=
thday Perry.<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto">Ir=
a Erbs<br>1959 AH 100-6<br>1967 MGB<br>Milwaukie, OR</div></div></div><br><=
div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Nov=
 18, 2020, 11:46 AM James Richmond via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healey=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquot=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol=
id;padding-left:1ex">Congratulations Perry.=C2=A0 I have past 30,000 trips =
around the sun - specially 30223.=C2=A0 My first Healey was purchased used =
in 1966.=C2=A0 It was a 1964 Sprite.<br>
<br>
Jim<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http=
://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000001d7b7c05b477f1b7--

--===============0619705071032454618==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0619705071032454618==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 09:57:11 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------822E89077717752C68698B61
 boundary="------------5F6EEF99FC0425227823E625"

--------------5F6EEF99FC0425227823E625
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I'm too lazy to count my earthly rotations, but I look at my life to 
date as: BAH and AAH* (roughly evenly split). When I bought my BJ8 I 
rediscovered my love of cars--dormant since my teenage years--and with 
my father's tutelage began to acquire my (meager) mechanical skills. 
After my dad started helping me with my car--and drove it 600 miles over 
two days to 'break in the engine'--he decided he didn't dislike 'foreign 
cars' after all and, all on his own found and bought our BN2/100M, which 
we restored together over 10 years (while he fought two bouts with 
cancer). My son--who just finished a 260-day tour on a Navy cruiser on 
the South China Sea--helped a little, but hasn't yet 'caught the bug,' 
but enjoyed taking a couple long road trips with his old man. My annual 
road trips with my BFF were usually the highlights of my solar orbits.

We lost Dad two years ago this December at 87 years-old, he'd hoped to 
make it to 90 because "It's a nice round number." You'll have to excuse 
me, I seem to have gotten some wildfire smoke in my eyes.

Bob

* 'Before Austin-Healey' and 'After Austin-Healey'

On 11/19/2020 8:08 AM, i erbs via Healeys wrote:
> Many other LBCs as well, but the Healey is along for the full ride and 
> then on to my kids.
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2020, 11:46 AM James Richmond via Healeys 
>
>     specially 30223.  My first Healey was purchased used in 1966.  It
>     was a 1964 Sprite.
>
>     Jim
>
>

--------------5F6EEF99FC0425227823E625
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    I'm too lazy to count my earthly rotations, but I look at my life to
    date as: BAH and AAH* (roughly evenly split). When I bought my BJ8 I
    rediscovered my love of cars--dormant since my teenage years--and
    with my father's tutelage began to acquire my (meager) mechanical
    skills. After my dad started helping me with my car--and drove it
    600 miles over two days to 'break in the engine'--he decided he
    didn't dislike 'foreign cars' after all and, all on his own found
    and bought our BN2/100M, which we restored together over 10 years
    (while he fought two bouts with cancer). My son--who just finished a
    260-day tour on a Navy cruiser on the South China Sea--helped a
    little, but hasn't yet 'caught the bug,' but enjoyed taking a couple
    long road trips with his old man. My annual road trips with my BFF
    were usually the highlights of my solar orbits.<br>
    <br>
    We lost Dad two years ago this December at 87 years-old, he'd hoped
    to make it to 90 because "It's a nice round number." You'll have to
    excuse me, I seem to have gotten some wildfire smoke in my eyes.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    * 'Before Austin-Healey' and 'After Austin-Healey'<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/19/2020 8:08 AM, i erbs via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">23464 days
        <div dir="auto">Bought my Healey in 1975.</div>
        <div dir="auto">Many other LBCs as well, but the Healey is along
          for the full ride and then on to my kids. </div>
        <div dir="auto">I am happy that so many of you have been riding
          with me these many days.</div>
        <div dir="auto">Good health to us all </div>
        <div dir="auto">And happy Birthday Perry.<br>
          <br>
          <div data-smartmail="gmail_signature" dir="auto">Ira Erbs<br>
            1959 AH 100-6<br>
            1967 MGB<br>
            Milwaukie, OR</div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Wed, Nov 18, 2020, 11:46 AM
          James Richmond via Healeys &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Congratulations
          Perry.  I have past 30,000 trips around the sun - specially
          30223.  My first Healey was purchased used in 1966.  It was a
          1964 Sprite.<br>
          <br>
          Jim<br>
          <br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------5F6EEF99FC0425227823E625--

--------------822E89077717752C68698B61
 name="102-0244_IMG2.GIF"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="102-0244_IMG2.GIF"

--------------822E89077717752C68698B61
 name="Mexico federalis.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="Mexico federalis.jpg"

--------------822E89077717752C68698B61
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------822E89077717752C68698B61--