Subject: [Healeys] clutch wanted

From: "m.g.sharp--- via Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 15:25:01 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4905655209204937401==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004E_01D6C33F.25612DD0"
Content-Language: en-ca

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D6C33F.25612DD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi all,  A few years ago I had a slipping clutch on my BT7 and embarked on
changing the pressure plate, clutch disc and throw bearing.  The replacement
parts were from Borg & Beck, the EOM.  However, I had some serious problems
with the clutch disc as they had just changed the design of the cages that
retain the springs.  I had the g'box out and in again three times and was
getting very quick at it, although that is not a skill I ever wanted to
excel in.  In the end, I cleaned up the pressure plate and de-greased the
old clutch disc plate, and put the old stuff back in and it has been
functioning fine, albeit I know the pressure plate is still scored somewhat.
I am rebuilding the motor this winter and as I will dynamically balance the
rotating parts, I want to put a new pressure plate in so they can be
balanced together.  Although the problem with the clutch a few years ago was
not with the pressure plate, and I suspect B&B have fixed the problem with
the clutch disc as this seemed to be a unique problem, I still have a
preference for using an NOS pressure plate, or at least an older, but unused
replacement B&B pressure plate.  I have since secured an NOS clutch disc
(thanks Mike Salter!).

My question to the group is whether anyone has an older but new (i.e.,
unused) 10" B&B pressure plate that is surplus to needs and that they would
part with?

Many thanks for any help provided.

Mirek

('59 BT7)

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D6C33F.25612DD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-CA link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Hi =
all,&nbsp; A few years ago I had a slipping clutch on my BT7 and =
embarked on changing the pressure plate, clutch disc and throw =
bearing.&nbsp; The replacement parts were from Borg &amp; Beck, the =
EOM.&nbsp; However, I had some serious problems with the clutch disc as =
they had just changed the design of the cages that retain the =
springs.&nbsp; I had the g&#8217;box out and in again three times and =
was getting very quick at it, although that is not a skill I ever wanted =
to excel in.&nbsp; In the end, I cleaned up the pressure plate and =
de-greased the old clutch disc plate, and put the old stuff back in and =
it has been functioning fine, albeit I know the pressure plate is still =
scored somewhat.&nbsp; I am rebuilding the motor this winter and as I =
will dynamically balance the rotating parts, I want to put a new =
pressure plate in so they can be balanced together.&nbsp; Although the =
problem with the clutch a few years ago was not with the pressure plate, =
and I suspect B&amp;B have fixed the problem with the clutch disc as =
this seemed to be a unique problem, I still have a preference for using =
an NOS pressure plate, or at least an older, but unused replacement =
B&amp;B pressure plate.&nbsp; I have since secured an NOS clutch disc =
(thanks Mike Salter!).<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>My question to the group is whether anyone has an older =
<u>but new (i.e., unused)</u> 10&#8221; B&amp;B pressure plate that is =
surplus to needs and that they would part with?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Many thanks for any help =
provided.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>Mirek<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>(&#8217;59 BT7)<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D6C33F.25612DD0--

--===============4905655209204937401==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4905655209204937401==--