Subject: [Healeys] Non Healey Request

From: Michael MacLean via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 15:59:57 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5949999039583009106==
	boundary="----=_Part_7054560_1731866788.1605715197011"

------=_Part_7054560_1731866788.1605715197011
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Anyone have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebuildable at least they would=
 like to sell?=C2=A0 Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB GT.=C2=A0 It came w=
ith an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE carb.=C2=A0 Absolutely hate th=
e Weber for the street.=C2=A0 I'd be willing to trade the Weber with a new =
Pierce Weber manifold and new K&N air filter for the SUs.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_7054560_1731866788.1605715197011
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Anyone have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebuildable at least they would like to sell?&nbsp; Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB GT.&nbsp; It came with an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE carb.&nbsp; Absolutely hate the Weber for the street.&nbsp; I'd be willing to trade the Weber with a new Pierce Weber manifold and new K&amp;N air filter for the SUs.<div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_1605715173576">Mike MacLean<br><br><div id="ymail_android_signature"><a id="ymail_android_signature_link" href="https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&amp;c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=ym&amp;af_sub1=Internal&amp;af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=EmailSignature">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on Android</a></div></div>
------=_Part_7054560_1731866788.1605715197011--

--===============5949999039583009106==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5949999039583009106==--

---

From: Michael Oritt via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 11:15:42 -0500

--===============1791323691545316514==

--000000000000f1adfd05b463ec8a

Michael--

I am pretty sure I have a pair of 4's that came off my MGA-equipped Courier
when I bought it.
I KNOW I have a rebuilt set of HS6's and you may want to think about them
as I am sure  B can handle them.
It will be a few weeks till I can verify as I am three weeks post-op from a
knee replacement but I will let you know. Please send me an email or text
to 305-793.9467.

What is the size and condition of the DCOE?

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 11:00 AM Michael MacLean via Healeys <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Anyone have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebuildable at least they
> would like to sell?  Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB GT.  It came with
> an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE carb.  Absolutely hate the Weber
> for the street.  I'd be willing to trade the Weber with a new Pierce Weber
> manifold and new K&N air filter for the SUs.
> Mike MacLean
>
> <https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000f1adfd05b463ec8a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Micha=
el--</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">I am pretty sure I have =
a pair of 4&#39;s that came off my MGA-equipped Courier when I bought it.</=
div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">I KNOW I have a re=
built set of HS6&#39;s and you may want to think about them as I am sure=C2=
=A0 B can handle them.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#33=
33ff">It will be a few weeks till I can verify as I am three weeks post-op =
from a knee replacement but I will let you know. Please send me an email or=
 text to 305-793.9467.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#33=
33ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">What i=
s the size and condition=C2=A0of the DCOE?</div></div><br><div class=3D"gma=
il_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 11:=
00 AM Michael MacLean via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked].=
net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gm=
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,=
204,204);padding-left:1ex">Anyone have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebu=
ildable at least they would like to sell?=C2=A0 Six months ago I bought a 1=
969 MGB GT.=C2=A0 It came with an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE car=
b.=C2=A0 Absolutely hate the Weber for the street.=C2=A0 I&#39;d be willing=
 to trade the Weber with a new Pierce Weber manifold and new K&amp;N air fi=
lter for the SUs.<div id=3D"gmail-m_8480327859738869700yMail_cursorElementT=
racker_1605715173576">Mike MacLean<br><br><div id=3D"gmail-m_84803278597388=
69700ymail_android_signature"><a id=3D"gmail-m_8480327859738869700ymail_and=
roid_signature_link" href=3D"https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=3DInProduc=
t&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=
=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=3DEma=
ilSignature" target=3D"_blank">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on Android</a>=
</div></div>_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://a=
utox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000f1adfd05b463ec8a--

--===============1791323691545316514==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1791323691545316514==--

---

From: David Nock BCS via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:53:47 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2820998671195688136==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0062_01D6BD88.557AA030"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0062_01D6BD88.557AA030
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you really want to liven up that MGB then install a set of the HS6 =
carbs.  =20

We also have some HS4 carbs that would need rebuilt.  ALso would have =
air filters, linkage and manifolds if you needed.

David Nock
[email-masked]
209 948 8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

Help us have our Founder Norman Nock inducteed into the=20
British Sportscar Hall of Fame, You can vote for your favorites=20
by visiting the site at.
www.britishsportscarhalloffame.org

From: Michael Oritt via Healeys=20
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:15 AM
To: Michael MacLean=20
Cc: Healeys=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request

Michael--

I am pretty sure I have a pair of 4's that came off my MGA-equipped =
Courier when I bought it.
I KNOW I have a rebuilt set of HS6's and you may want to think about =
them as I am sure  B can handle them.
It will be a few weeks till I can verify as I am three weeks post-op =
from a knee replacement but I will let you know. Please send me an email =
or text to 305-793.9467.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 11:00 AM Michael MacLean via Healeys =
<[email-masked]> wrote:

  Anyone have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebuildable at least they =
would like to sell?  Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB GT.  It came =
with an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE carb.  Absolutely hate the =
Weber for the street.  I'd be willing to trade the Weber with a new =
Pierce Weber manifold and new K&N air filter for the SUs.=20
  Mike MacLean

  Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive

  [email-masked]

  Unsubscribe/Manage: =

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0062_01D6BD88.557AA030
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>If you really want to liven up that MGB then install a set of the =
HS6=20
carbs.&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We also have some HS4 carbs that would need rebuilt.&nbsp; ALso =
would have=20
air filters, linkage and manifolds if you needed.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: =
#000000">David=20
Nock<BR>[email-masked]<BR>209 948=20
8767<BR>www.britishcarspecialists.com<BR><BR>Help us have our Founder =
Norman=20
Nock inducteed into the <BR>British Sportscar Hall of Fame, You can vote =
for=20
your favorites <BR>by visiting the site=20
at.<BR>www.britishsportscarhalloffame.org<BR></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=[email-masked]>Michael Oritt via Healeys</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:15 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]>Michael MacLean</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Cc:</B> <A title=[email-masked]>Healeys</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_default style=3D"COLOR: #3333ff">Michael--</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_default style=3D"COLOR: #3333ff">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_default style=3D"COLOR: #3333ff">I am pretty sure I =
have a pair=20
of 4's that came off my MGA-equipped Courier when I bought it.</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_default style=3D"COLOR: #3333ff">I KNOW I have a =
rebuilt set of=20
HS6's and you may want to think about them as I am sure&nbsp; B can =
handle=20
them.</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_default style=3D"COLOR: #3333ff">It will be a few =
weeks till I=20
can verify as I am three weeks post-op from a knee replacement but I =
will let=20
you know. Please send me an email or text to 305-793.9467.</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_default style=3D"COLOR: #3333ff">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_default style=3D"COLOR: #3333ff">What is the size and =
condition=20
of the DCOE?</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_quote>
<DIV class=3Dgmail_attr dir=3Dltr>On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 11:00 AM =
Michael MacLean=20
via Healeys &lt;<A>[email-masked]</A>&gt; wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dgmail_quote=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid; =
MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex">Anyone=20
  have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebuildable at least they would =
like to=20
  sell?&nbsp; Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB GT.&nbsp; It came with =
an=20
  aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE carb.&nbsp; Absolutely hate the =
Weber=20
  for the street.&nbsp; I'd be willing to trade the Weber with a new =
Pierce=20
  Weber manifold and new K&amp;N air filter for the SUs.=20
  <DIV=20
  =
id=3Dgmail-m_8480327859738869700yMail_cursorElementTracker_1605715173576>=
Mike=20
  MacLean<BR><BR>
  <DIV id=3Dgmail-m_8480327859738869700ymail_android_signature><A=20
  id=3Dgmail-m_8480327859738869700ymail_android_signature_link=20
  =
href=3D"https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_In=
ternal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3D=
Internal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=3DEmailSignature"=20
  target=3D_blank>Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on=20
  =
Android</A></DIV></DIV>_______________________________________________<BR=
>Support=20
  Team.Net <A href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3Dnoreferrer=20
  target=3D_blank>http://www.team.net/donate.html</A><BR>Suggested =
annual=20
  donation&nbsp; $12.75<BR><BR>Archive: <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3Dnoreferrer=20
  target=3D_blank>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</A> <A=20
  href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3Dnoreferrer=20
  target=3D_blank>http://autox.team.net/archive</A><BR><BR><A=20
  target=3D_blank>[email-masked]</A><BR><A=20
  href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
rel=3Dnoreferrer=20
  =
target=3D_blank>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</A><BR><BR=
>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.oritt@gmail=
.com"=20
  rel=3Dnoreferrer=20
  =
target=3D_blank>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michael.ori=
[email-masked]</A><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR><BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys=20
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR><BR>=
</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0062_01D6BD88.557AA030--

--===============2820998671195688136==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2820998671195688136==--

---

From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:28:32 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4393457359229227140==
 boundary="------------FB730F4E24A181228B8C553E"
Content-Language: nl

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------FB730F4E24A181228B8C553E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be fine. However 
they should be fitted with the correct jets and venturies. Best to 
contact a MG forum, they will know.

Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than the SUs. A good 
book is Des Hammill's book How to Build & Power Tune Weber & DellOrto 
DCOEE & DHLA Carburetors

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 18-11-2020 om 16:59 schreef Michael MacLean via Healeys:
> would like to sell?  Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB GT. It came 
> with an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE carb. Absolutely hate 
> the Weber for the street.  I'd be willing to trade the Weber with a 
> new Pierce Weber manifold and new K&N air filter for the SUs.
> Mike MacLean
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------FB730F4E24A181228B8C553E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be fine.
      However they should be fitted with the correct jets and venturies.
      Best to contact a MG forum, they will know.</p>
    <p>Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than the SUs.
      A good book is Des Hammill's book How to Build &amp; Power Tune
      Weber &amp; DellOrto DCOEE &amp; DHLA Carburetors<br>
    </p>
    <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 18-11-2020 om 16:59 schreef Michael
      MacLean via Healeys:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Anyone have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebuildable at least
      they would like to sell?  Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB GT. 
      It came with an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE carb. 
      Absolutely hate the Weber for the street.  I'd be willing to trade
      the Weber with a new Pierce Weber manifold and new K&amp;N air
      filter for the SUs.
      <div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_1605715173576">Mike MacLean<br>
        <br>
        <div id="ymail_android_signature"><a
            id="ymail_android_signature_link"
href="https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&amp;c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=ym&amp;af_sub1=Internal&amp;af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=EmailSignature"
            moz-do-not-send="true">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on
            Android</a></div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------FB730F4E24A181228B8C553E--

--===============4393457359229227140==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4393457359229227140==--

---

From: David Nock BCS via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 08:48:10 -0800

--===============6089194143105470782==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0045_01D6C175.60F26100"

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01D6C175.60F26100
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

We have removed several sets of Webers over the years on several =
different British Cars. Triumphs, MGs, Healeys. Due to poor running, =
poor gas economy etc.,
They are great if you have a high performance engine but on a stock or =
mild built British motor they are more work that they are worth.

The SU carbs once set up correctly will not require and fiddling=20

David Nock
British Car Specialists
209-948-8767

From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys=20
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 8:28 AM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request

The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be fine. However =
they should be fitted with the correct jets and venturies. Best to =
contact a MG forum, they will know.

Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than the SUs. A good =
book is Des Hammill's book How to Build & Power Tune Weber & DellOrto =
DCOEE & DHLA Carburetors

Kees Oudesluijs

  =20

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01D6C175.60F26100
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>We have removed several sets of Webers over the years on several =
different=20
British Cars. Triumphs, MGs, Healeys. Due to poor running, poor gas =
economy=20
etc.,</DIV>
<DIV>They are great if you have a high performance engine but on a stock =
or mild=20
built British motor they are more work that they are worth.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The SU carbs once set up correctly will not require and fiddling =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: =
#000000">David=20
Nock<BR>British Car=20
Specialists<BR>209-948-8767<BR>www.britishcarspecialists.com</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]>Kees=20
Oudesluijs via Healeys</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, November 23, 2020 8:28 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A>=20
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<P>The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be fine. =
However they=20
should be fitted with the correct jets and venturies. Best to contact a =
MG=20
forum, they will know.</P>
<P>Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than the SUs. A =
good book=20
is Des Hammill's book How to Build &amp; Power Tune Weber &amp; DellOrto =
DCOEE=20
&amp; DHLA Carburetors<BR></P>
<P>Kees Oudesluijs</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>Op 18-11-2020 om 16:59 schreef Michael =
MacLean via=20
Healeys:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmid:[email-masked]=20
  type=3D"cite">Anyone have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebuildable =
at least=20
  they would like to sell?&nbsp; Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB =
GT.&nbsp; It=20
  came with an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE carb.&nbsp; =
Absolutely hate=20
  the Weber for the street.&nbsp; I'd be willing to trade the Weber with =
a new=20
  Pierce Weber manifold and new K&amp;N air filter for the SUs.=20
  <DIV id=3DyMail_cursorElementTracker_1605715173576>Mike =
MacLean<BR><BR>
  <DIV id=3Dymail_android_signature><A id=3Dymail_android_signature_link =

  =
href=3D"https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_In=
ternal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3D=
Internal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=3DEmailSignature"=20
  moz-do-not-send=3D"true">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on=20
  Android</A></DIV></DIV><BR>
  <FIELDSET class=3DmimeAttachmentHeader></FIELDSET> <PRE =
class=3Dmoz-quote-pre =
wrap=3D"">_______________________________________________
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A>

Archive: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/piperm=
ail/healeys</A> <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</A>

<A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated>[email-masked]</A>
<A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</A>

href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.=
nl">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
A>

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR><BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys=20
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR>=
<BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01D6C175.60F26100--

--===============6089194143105470782==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6089194143105470782==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 08:51:01 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8524414915295506172==
 boundary="------------FC7816C9D1A600C36E38185D"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------FC7816C9D1A600C36E38185D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Kees,

Please list the routine maintenance requirements for SU carburettors. 
I've been terribly negligent, I "set'em and forget'em" for tens of 
thousands of miles.

Bob

On 11/23/2020 8:28 AM, Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys wrote:
> Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than the SUs. A 
> good book is Des Hammill's book How to Build & Power Tune Weber & 
> DellOrto DCOEE & DHLA Carburetors
>
> Kees Oudesluijs
>
>
>

--------------FC7816C9D1A600C36E38185D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Kees,<br>
    <br>
    Please list the routine maintenance requirements for SU
    carburettors. I've been terribly negligent, I "set'em and forget'em"
    for tens of thousands of miles.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/23/2020 8:28 AM, Kees Oudesluijs
      via Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <p>The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be fine.
        However they should be fitted with the correct jets and
        venturies. Best to contact a MG forum, they will know.</p>
      <p>Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than the
        SUs. A good book is Des Hammill's book How to Build &amp; Power
        Tune Weber &amp; DellOrto DCOEE &amp; DHLA Carburetors<br>
      </p>
      <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
      <p><br>
      </p>
      <p><br>
      </p>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 18-11-2020 om 16:59 schreef
        Michael MacLean via Healeys:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        Anyone have a set of MGB HS4 carbs that are rebuildable at least
        they would like to sell?  Six months ago I bought a 1969 MGB
        GT.  It came with an aluminum head (good) and a Weber DCOE
        carb.  Absolutely hate the Weber for the street.  I'd be willing
        to trade the Weber with a new Pierce Weber manifold and new
        K&amp;N air filter for the SUs.
        <div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_1605715173576">Mike MacLean<br>
          <br>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------FC7816C9D1A600C36E38185D--

--===============8524414915295506172==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8524414915295506172==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 09:26:15 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1960250101232761685==
 boundary="------------CFC32A0767162DD85DDFE23A"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------CFC32A0767162DD85DDFE23A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I generally like Ant Anstead--still preferred Edd, though--but when he 
called SUs 'rubbish' I almost threw my remote at the big screen. Even a 
pro like Edd had to bring in a specialist to tune the Webers on a Lambo.

SUs are a simple, elegant design; compared to them fixed-choke carbs 
with their multiple jets, accelerator pumps--a common failure point--are 
a kludge. Both share common float valve/bowl issues.

On 11/23/2020 8:48 AM, David Nock BCS via Healeys wrote:
> We have removed several sets of Webers over the years on several 
> different British Cars. Triumphs, MGs, Healeys. Due to poor running, 
> poor gas economy etc.,
> They are great if you have a high performance engine but on a stock or 
> The SU carbs once set up correctly will not require and fiddling
> David Nock
> British Car Specialists
> 209-948-8767
> *From:* Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys
> *Sent:* Monday, November 23, 2020 8:28 AM
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request
>

--------------CFC32A0767162DD85DDFE23A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    I generally like Ant Anstead--still preferred Edd, though--but when
    he called SUs 'rubbish' I almost threw my remote at the big screen.
    Even a pro like Edd had to bring in a specialist to tune the Webers
    on a Lambo.<br>
    <br>
    SUs are a simple, elegant design; compared to them fixed-choke carbs
    with their multiple jets, accelerator pumps--a common failure
    point--are a kludge. Both share common float valve/bowl issues.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/23/2020 8:48 AM, David Nock BCS
      via Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:EA980BA34385467EB2687A52252B6595@DavidNockHP">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR:
          #000000">
          <div>We have removed several sets of Webers over the years on
            several different British Cars. Triumphs, MGs, Healeys. Due
            to poor running, poor gas economy etc.,</div>
          <div>They are great if you have a high performance engine but
            on a stock or mild built British motor they are more work
            that they are worth.</div>
          <div> </div>
          <div>The SU carbs once set up correctly will not require and
            fiddling </div>
          <div> </div>
          <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR:
            #000000">David Nock<br>
            British Car Specialists<br>
            209-948-8767<br>
            <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.britishcarspecialists.com">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></div>
          <div style="FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none;
            FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
            COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
            <div style="FONT: 10pt tahoma">
              <div> </div>
              <div style="BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
                <div style="font-color: black"><b>From:</b> <a
                    title="[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys</a>
                </div>
                <div><b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 23, 2020 8:28 AM</div>
                <div><b>To:</b> <a title="[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> </div>
                <div><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request</div>
              </div>
            </div>
            <div> </div>
          </div>
          <div style="FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none;
            FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
            COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
            <p>The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be
              fine. However they should be fitted with the correct jets
              and venturies. Best to contact a MG forum, they will know.</p>
            <p>Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than
              the SUs. A good book is Des Hammill's book How to Build
              &amp; Power Tune Weber &amp; DellOrto DCOEE &amp; DHLA
              Carburetors<br>
            </p>
            <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
            <p> </p>
            <p> </p>
            <br>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------CFC32A0767162DD85DDFE23A--

--===============1960250101232761685==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1960250101232761685==--

---

From: Michael MacLean via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 18:30:04 +0000 (UTC)

--===============3341128423368784731==
	boundary="----=_Part_762322_876953124.1606156204684"

------=_Part_762322_876953124.1606156204684
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 The problem with the Weber on this engine is that I have no idea what cam =
is being used.=C2=A0 I also do not know how the aluminum head is flowing ai=
r.=C2=A0 Maybe using a professional tuning the Weber=C2=A0 on a dyno I coul=
d get the right combo of emulsion tubes, jets etc.=C2=A0 Much simpler proce=
dure with the SU carbs.=C2=A0 Just one needle to get right and one nut to t=
urn and a Gunson Colortune will tell me if the mixture is right.=C2=A0 In a=
ny case the Weber is coming off and goes on the shelf.
Mike MacLean

    On Monday, November 23, 2020, 9:28:36 AM PST, Bob Spidell <bspidell@com=
cast.net> wrote: =20
=20
  I generally like Ant Anstead--still preferred Edd, though--but when he ca=
lled SUs 'rubbish' I almost threw my remote at the big screen. Even a pro l=
ike Edd had to bring in a specialist to tune the Webers on a Lambo.
=20
 SUs are a simple, elegant design; compared to them fixed-choke carbs with =
their multiple jets, accelerator pumps--a common failure point--are a kludg=
e. Both share common float valve/bowl issues.
=20
=20
 On 11/23/2020 8:48 AM, David Nock BCS via Healeys wrote:
 =20
=20
  We have removed several sets of Webers over the years on several differen=
t British Cars. Triumphs, MGs, Healeys. Due to poor running, poor gas econo=
my etc., They are great if you have a high performance engine but on a stoc=
k or mild built British motor they are more work that they are worth. =C2=
=A0 The SU carbs once set up correctly will not require and fiddling  =C2=
=A0 David Nock
 British Car Specialists
 209-948-8767
 www.britishcarspecialists.com   =C2=A0  From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys =
 Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 8:28 AM To: [email-masked]  Subjec=
t: Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request   =C2=A0  =20
The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be fine. However they=
 should be fitted with the correct jets and venturies. Best to contact a MG=
 forum, they will know.
=20
Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than the SUs. A good boo=
k is Des Hammill's book How to Build & Power Tune Weber & DellOrto DCOEE & =
DHLA Carburetors
=20
=20
Kees Oudesluijs
=20
=C2=A0
=20
=C2=A0
=20
   =20
 _______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

 =20
------=_Part_762322_876953124.1606156204684
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"ydp546c2e5byahoo-style-wrap" style=
=3D"font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><d=
iv></div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">The problem with the Weber o=
n this engine is that I have no idea what cam is being used.&nbsp; I also d=
o not know how the aluminum head is flowing air.&nbsp; Maybe using a profes=
sional tuning the Weber&nbsp; on a dyno I could get the right combo of emul=
sion tubes, jets etc.&nbsp; Much simpler procedure with the SU carbs.&nbsp;=
 Just one needle to get right and one nut to turn and a Gunson Colortune wi=
ll tell me if the mixture is right.&nbsp; In any case the Weber is coming o=
ff and goes on the shelf.<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">M=
ike MacLean<br></div><div><br></div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"yahoo_quoted_6448666921" class=3D"yahoo_quoted">
            <div style=3D"font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, s=
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
               =20
                <div>
                    On Monday, November 23, 2020, 9:28:36 AM PST, Bob Spide=
ll &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><div id=3D"yiv7193707459"><div>
    I generally like Ant Anstead--still preferred Edd, though--but when
    he called SUs 'rubbish' I almost threw my remote at the big screen.
    Even a pro like Edd had to bring in a specialist to tune the Webers
    on a Lambo.<br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    SUs are a simple, elegant design; compared to them fixed-choke carbs
    with their multiple jets, accelerator pumps--a common failure
    point--are a kludge. Both share common float valve/bowl issues.<br clea=
r=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    <br clear=3D"none">
    <div class=3D"yiv7193707459yqt2562037615" id=3D"yiv7193707459yqtfd70508=
"><div class=3D"yiv7193707459moz-cite-prefix">On 11/23/2020 8:48 AM, David =
Nock BCS
      via Healeys wrote:<br clear=3D"none">
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
      </blockquote></div></div><div class=3D"yiv7193707459yqt2562037615" id=
=3D"yiv7193707459yqtfd72920"><div><div dir=3D"ltr">
        <div style=3D"FONT-SIZE:12pt;FONT-FAMILY:'Century';COLOR:#000000;">
          <div>We have removed several sets of Webers over the years on
            several different British Cars. Triumphs, MGs, Healeys. Due
            to poor running, poor gas economy etc.,</div>
          <div>They are great if you have a high performance engine but
            on a stock or mild built British motor they are more work
            that they are worth.</div>
          <div>&nbsp;</div>
          <div>The SU carbs once set up correctly will not require and
            fiddling </div>
          <div>&nbsp;</div>
          <div style=3D"FONT-SIZE:12pt;FONT-FAMILY:'Century';COLOR:#000000;=
">David Nock<br clear=3D"none">
            British Car Specialists<br clear=3D"none">
            209-948-8767<br clear=3D"none">
            <a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" class=3D"yiv7193707459moz-tx=
t-link-abbreviated" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.britishcarspeciali=
sts.com">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></div>
          <div style=3D"FONT-SIZE:small;TEXT-DECORATION:none;FONT-WEIGHT:no=
rmal;COLOR:#000000;FONT-STYLE:normal;DISPLAY:inline;">
            <div style=3D"FONT:10pt tahoma;">
              <div>&nbsp;</div>
              <div style=3D"BACKGROUND:#f5f5f5;">
                <div style=3D""><b>From:</b> <a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"r=
ect" title=3D"[email-masked]">Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys</a>
                </div>
                <div><b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 23, 2020 8:28 AM</div>
                <div><b>To:</b> <a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" title=3D=
"[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> </div>
                <div><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request</div>
              </div>
            </div>
            <div>&nbsp;</div>
          </div>
          <div style=3D"FONT-SIZE:small;TEXT-DECORATION:none;FONT-WEIGHT:no=
rmal;COLOR:#000000;FONT-STYLE:normal;DISPLAY:inline;">
            <p>The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be
              fine. However they should be fitted with the correct jets
              and venturies. Best to contact a MG forum, they will know.</p=
            <p>Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than
              the SUs. A good book is Des Hammill's book How to Build
              &amp; Power Tune Weber &amp; DellOrto DCOEE &amp; DHLA
              Carburetors<br clear=3D"none">
            </p>
            <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
            <p>&nbsp;</p>
            <p>&nbsp;</p>
            <br clear=3D"none">
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
   =20
    <br clear=3D"none">
  </div></div></div><div class=3D"yqt2562037615" id=3D"yqtfd51740">________=
_______________________________________<br clear=3D"none">Support Team.Net =
<a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank=
">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear=3D"none">Suggested annual do=
nation&nbsp; $12.75<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">Archive: <a shape=
=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys " target=3D"_blank"=
>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys </a><a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http:/=
/autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a=
><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"rect" ymailto=3D"mailto:=
[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Healeys@auto=
x.team.net</a><br clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mai=
lman/listinfo/healeys</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">Unsubscribe/=
Manage: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/hea=
leys/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailm=
an/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=
=3D"none"></div></div>
            </div>
        </div></body></html>
------=_Part_762322_876953124.1606156204684--

--===============3341128423368784731==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3341128423368784731==--

---

From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 23:42:10 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6710248037171233281==
 boundary="------------3D9CEFF73037A9D7FACD140F"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3D9CEFF73037A9D7FACD140F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Ed has his limitations as Ant does but I think Ant is more inclined to 
repair things himself. Anyway they have to make a show and the result of 
their work is not that important. If you look closely enough that shows.

SU's are certainly not rubbish.  In fact they are a very clever design. 
However it is not easy to get them absolutely identical which makes it 
sometimes difficult to get them synchronised over the whole rpm range. 
On a tuned engine it is complicated to get the needle profile and 
dashpot spring right from scratch.

On older cars with SUs you have the problem of spindle wear/false air, 
leakages and sometimes sticking pistons because of wear, dirt or 
vibrations. I had SU's on my Triumph Spitfire and worked on them for 
others on A-H, MG, Mini, TR, Sunbeamand on Strombergs (similar to SU) on 
TR5/6, Saab, Volvo, Jensen-Healey. Spindle wear was nearly always an issue.

A Double Weber/DellOrto set up has a barrel for each cylinder which 
makes for better breathing, no moving parts other than the butterflies 
and accelerator pump and its spindles are on sealed ball bearings so no 
wear/false air or leakage. They are very simple to set up on a rolling 
road if you are properly equipped specialist with a large choice of 
chokes and jets and once set up properly you do not have to touch them 
for a long time. Many clubs have information on the jetting and the 
venturies to be used. Failure of the diaphragm of the accelerator pumps 
is extremely rare. In more that 40 years it never happened to me.

The gas mileage for both a properly set up SU set or Weber/DellOrto set 
are very similar but Webers/DellOrtos perform better on full throttle 
and high rpm.

I have a double DellOrto DHLA set up on my car (J-H) and I have not 
touched them for years. If need be they are easy to balance without the 
need of vacuum gauges and even setting the idle mixture without CO meter 
or Colourtunes is easy enough if your ears are alright.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 23-11-2020 om 18:26 schreef Bob Spidell:
> called SUs 'rubbish' I almost threw my remote at the big screen. Even 
> a pro like Edd had to bring in a specialist to tune the Webers on a Lambo.
>
> point--are a kludge. Both share common float valve/bowl issues.
>
>
>> They are great if you have a high performance engine but on a stock 
>> or mild built British motor they are more work that they are worth.
>> The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should be fine. 
>> Best to contact a MG forum, they will know.
>>

--------------3D9CEFF73037A9D7FACD140F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Ed has his limitations as Ant does but I think Ant is more
      inclined to repair things himself. Anyway they have to make a show
      and the result of their work is not that important. If you look
      closely enough that shows.</p>
    <p>SU's are certainly not rubbish.  In fact they are a very clever
      design. However it is not easy to get them absolutely identical
      which makes it sometimes difficult to get them synchronised over
      the whole rpm range. On a tuned engine it is complicated to get
      the needle profile and dashpot spring right from scratch. <br>
    </p>
    <p>On older cars with SUs you have the problem of spindle wear/false
      air, leakages and sometimes sticking pistons because of wear, dirt
      or vibrations. I had SU's on my Triumph Spitfire and worked on
      them for others on A-H, MG, Mini, TR, Sunbeamand on Strombergs
      (similar to SU) on TR5/6, Saab, Volvo, Jensen-Healey. Spindle wear
      was nearly always an issue.<br>
    </p>
    <p>A Double Weber/DellOrto set up has a barrel for each cylinder
      which makes for better breathing, no moving parts other than the
      butterflies and accelerator pump and its spindles are on sealed
      ball bearings so no wear/false air or leakage. They are very
      simple to set up on a rolling road if you are properly equipped
      specialist with a large choice of chokes and jets and once set up
      properly you do not have to touch them for a long time. Many clubs
      have information on the jetting and the venturies to be used.
      Failure of the diaphragm of the accelerator pumps is extremely
      rare. In more that 40 years it never happened to me.</p>
    <p>The gas mileage for both a properly set up SU set or
      Weber/DellOrto set are very similar but Webers/DellOrtos perform
      better on full throttle and high rpm.<br>
    </p>
    <p>I have a double DellOrto DHLA set up on my car (J-H) and I have
      not touched them for years. If need be they are easy to balance
      without the need of vacuum gauges and even setting the idle
      mixture without CO meter or Colourtunes is easy enough if your
      ears are alright.</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 23-11-2020 om 18:26 schreef Bob
      Spidell:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      I generally like Ant Anstead--still preferred Edd, though--but
      when he called SUs 'rubbish' I almost threw my remote at the big
      screen. Even a pro like Edd had to bring in a specialist to tune
      the Webers on a Lambo.<br>
      <br>
      SUs are a simple, elegant design; compared to them fixed-choke
      carbs with their multiple jets, accelerator pumps--a common
      failure point--are a kludge. Both share common float valve/bowl
      issues.<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/23/2020 8:48 AM, David Nock BCS
        via Healeys wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:EA980BA34385467EB2687A52252B6595@DavidNockHP">
        <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
          http-equiv="Content-Type">
        <div dir="ltr">
          <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR:
            #000000">
            <div>We have removed several sets of Webers over the years
              on several different British Cars. Triumphs, MGs, Healeys.
              Due to poor running, poor gas economy etc.,</div>
            <div>They are great if you have a high performance engine
              but on a stock or mild built British motor they are more
              work that they are worth.</div>
            <div> </div>
            <div>The SU carbs once set up correctly will not require and
              fiddling </div>
            <div> </div>
            <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR:
              #000000">David Nock<br>
              British Car Specialists<br>
              209-948-8767<br>
              <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                href="http://www.britishcarspecialists.com"
                moz-do-not-send="true">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></div>
            <div style="FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none;
              FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
              COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
              <div style="FONT: 10pt tahoma">
                <div> </div>
                <div style="BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
                  <div style="font-color: black"><b>From:</b> <a
                      title="[email-masked]"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys</a>
                  </div>
                  <div><b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 23, 2020 8:28 AM</div>
                  <div><b>To:</b> <a title="[email-masked]"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
                  </div>
                  <div><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Request</div>
                </div>
              </div>
              <div> </div>
            </div>
            <div style="FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none;
              FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
              COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
              <p>The Weber, or better two Webers (or DellOrtos) should
                be fine. However they should be fitted with the correct
                jets and venturies. Best to contact a MG forum, they
                will know.</p>
              <p>Webers or DellOrtos are so much easier to maintain than
                the SUs. A good book is Des Hammill's book How to Build
                &amp; Power Tune Weber &amp; DellOrto DCOEE &amp; DHLA
                Carburetors<br>
              </p>
              <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
              <p> </p>
              <p> </p>
              <br>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3D9CEFF73037A9D7FACD140F--

--===============6710248037171233281==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6710248037171233281==--