Subject: [Healeys] Mystery leak solved.

From: Leonard Berkowitz via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 17:09:40 +0000

--===============1999811431117887371==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_MN2PR13MB350394ACCABCE465420181B7B8FD0MN2PR13MB3503namp_"

--_000_MN2PR13MB350394ACCABCE465420181B7B8FD0MN2PR13MB3503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Many of you were wondering why I didn=92t smell gas at first.
My sense is that the black color was a combination of paint, grease and gun=
k from the steering column and steering gear box. As for the odor. Believe =
it or not there wasn't much of an odor from the small sample I collected bu=
t after a puddle accumulated on my garage floor the smell was pretty obviou=
s.

BTW does anyone know the size open end wrench I need to tighten the connect=
ion for the float chamber to the jet tube if it turns out to be the culprit=
.

--_000_MN2PR13MB350394ACCABCE465420181B7B8FD0MN2PR13MB3503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DWindows-1=
252">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"caret-color:rgb(32, 31, 30);color:rgb(32=
, 31, 30);font-family:&quot;Segoe UI&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI Web (West Europe=
an)&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto,=
 &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, sans-serif;font-size:15px">
<div style=3D"margin:0px">
<div style=3D"margin:0px;font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-si=
ze:12pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">
Many of you were wondering why I didn=92t smell gas at first. &nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"margin:0px;font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-si=
ze:12pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">
My sense is that the black color was a combination of paint,&nbsp;<span sty=
le=3D"margin:0px">grease and gunk from the steering column and steering gea=
r box. As for the odor. Believe it or not there wasn't much of an odor from=
 the small sample I collected but after
 a puddle accumulated on my garage floor the smell was pretty obvious.&nbsp=
;</span></div>
<div style=3D"margin:0px;font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-si=
ze:12pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">
<span style=3D"margin:0px"><br>
</span></div>
<div style=3D"margin:0px;font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-si=
ze:12pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">
<span style=3D"margin:0px">BTW does anyone know the size open end wrench I =
need to tighten the connection for the float chamber to the jet tube if it =
turns out to be the culprit. &nbsp;</span></div>
</div>
</blockquote>
<br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
<br>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_MN2PR13MB350394ACCABCE465420181B7B8FD0MN2PR13MB3503namp_--

--===============1999811431117887371==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1999811431117887371==--

---

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 18:04:22 -0000 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6C0F9.EAF25CB0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6C0F9.EAF25CB0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01D6C0F9.EAF2AAD0"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D6C0F9.EAF2AAD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Leonard
Berkowitz via Healeys
Sent: 22 November 2020 17:10
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Mystery leak solved.

Many of you were wondering why I didn't smell gas at first.  

My sense is that the black color was a combination of paint, grease and gunk
from the steering column and steering gear box. As for the odor. Believe it
or not there wasn't much of an odor from the small sample I collected but
after a puddle accumulated on my garage floor the smell was pretty obvious. 

*    Seems reasonable. And petrol smells less after it's been sitting around
on the floor for a while..

BTW does anyone know the size open end wrench I need to tighten the
connection for the float chamber to the jet tube if it turns out to be the
culprit.  

*	Well, if we're talking HD6s &/or if all SUs have the same nut and if
you mean what the Parts Book calls "Cap nut for lid" then my socket is
5/16BSF 1/4W. By all this I mean item 36, arrowed, on the attached. Got to
have that weird little red fibre washer.

Simon

.

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D6C0F9.EAF2AAD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Wingdings;
	panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0cm;
	margin-right:0cm;
	margin-bottom:0cm;
	margin-left:36.0pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:1383212154;
	mso-list-type:hybrid;
	mso-list-template-ids:-1593913328 -2058830742 134807555 134807557 =
134807553 134807555 134807557 134807553 134807555 134807557;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-start-at:0;
	mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0D8;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;
	color:windowtext;}
@list l0:level2
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:o;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
@list l0:level3
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
@list l0:level4
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0B7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:Symbol;}
@list l0:level5
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:o;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
@list l0:level6
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
@list l0:level7
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0B7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:Symbol;}
@list l0:level8
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:o;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
@list l0:level9
	{mso-level-number-format:bullet;
	mso-level-text:\F0A7;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;
	font-family:Wingdings;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'>Hi,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><di=
v style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
lang=3DEN-US>From:</span></b><span lang=3DEN-US> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Leonard =
Berkowitz via Healeys<br><b>Sent:</b> 22 November 2020 =
17:10<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] =
Mystery leak solved.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>Many of =
you were wondering why I didn&#8217;t smell gas at first. =
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>My sense is that the black color =
was a combination of paint,&nbsp;grease and gunk from the steering =
column and steering gear box. As for the odor. Believe it or not there =
wasn't much of an odor from the small sample I collected but after a =
puddle accumulated on my garage floor the smell was pretty =
obvious.&nbsp;</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:5.0pt;margin-right:36.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt=
;margin-left:0cm;text-indent:0cm;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><![if =
!supportLists]><span style=3D'font-family:Wingdings'><span =
style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>&Oslash;<span style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><![endif]>Seems =
reasonable. And petrol smells less after it&#8217;s been sitting around =
on the floor for a while&#8230;.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>BTW does =
anyone know the size open end wrench I need to tighten the connection =
for the float chamber to the jet tube if it turns out to be the culprit. =
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p><ul style=3D'margin-top:0cm' type=3Ddisc><li =
class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:5.0pt;margin-right:36.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt=
;margin-left:0cm;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'>Well, if we&#8217;re talking =
HD6s &amp;/or if all SUs have the same nut and if you mean what the =
Parts Book calls &#8220;Cap nut for lid&#8221; then my socket is 5/16BSF =
1/4W. By all this I mean item 36, arrowed, on the attached. Got to have =
that weird little red fibre washer.<o:p></o:p></li></ul><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:5.0pt;margin-right:36.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt=
;margin-left:0cm'>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>.<span =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></span></p></div></div></body></h=
tml>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D6C0F9.EAF2AAD0--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6C0F9.EAF25CB0
	name="BMC Service Parts List .jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="BMC Service Parts List .jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6C0F9.EAF25CB0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6C0F9.EAF25CB0--