Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater Valve Kaput

From: John Spaur via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 09:36:55 -0800

I don't think it can be rebuilt, as I recall there is a rubber diaphragm
inside that fails. It leaks because there is pressure in the line from the
radiator connection.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob
Spidell
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 8:12 PM
To: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater Valve Kaput

Fired up the 3000 today for a short local trip, and my heater valve started
peeing on my leg (interesting that it leaks when closed, but not when it's
open). Anyway, before I place an order to our favorite SoCal parts house,
does anybody know if these can be fixed/rebuilt, or should I just spring for
new? IIRC, the valve at the block is closed when at a right angle to the
hose, correct (the valve kept leaking when I set it so, so either I gots it
wrong or there's lots of residual coolant in the line/box)?

How much should I charge myself for labor?

TIA,
Bob
_______________________________________________
$12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Charles Schott via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 19:30:49 -0500 (EST)

--===============4150835672746335135==
	boundary="----=_Part_4805748_1300924131.1604536249517"

------=_Part_4805748_1300924131.1604536249517
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Does anyone know where I can get the bracket, choke cable abutment for 100M carbs. It's similar to Moss # 378-025. Thanks. 

Regards, 

Charlie 

----- Original Message -----

From: "John Spaur via Healeys" <[email-masked]> 
To: "Bob Spidell" <[email-masked]>, "Healeys" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 11:36:55 AM 
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater Valve Kaput 

John 

-----Original Message----- 

TIA, 
Bob 

[email-masked] 

[email-masked] 

------=_Part_4805748_1300924131.1604536249517
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: times new roman, new york, times, se=
rif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>Does anyone know where I can get=
 the bracket, choke cable abutment for 100M carbs. It's similar to Moss # 3=
78-025. Thanks.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div><br></div><div>=
Charlie</div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-=
weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,=
Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;" data-mce-style=3D"color: #000; font-weigh=
t: normal; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetic=
a,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;"><b>From: </b>"John Spaur via Healeys"=
 &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>To: </b>"Bob Spidell" &lt;bspidell@co=
mcast.net&gt;, "Healeys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Sent: </b>Wed=
nesday, November 4, 2020 11:36:55 AM<br><b>Subject: </b>Re: [Healeys] BJ8 H=
eater Valve Kaput<br><div><br></div>I don't think it can be rebuilt, as I r=
ecall there is a rubber diaphragm<br>inside that fails. It leaks because th=
ere is pressure in the line from the<br>radiator connection.<br><div><br></=
div>John<br><div><br></div>-----Original Message-----<br>From: Healeys [mai=
lto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob<br>Spidell<br>Sent: Tu=
esday, November 3, 2020 8:12 PM<br>To: Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&g=
t;<br>Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater Valve Kaput<br><div><br></div>Fired up =
the 3000 today for a short local trip, and my heater valve started<br>peein=
g on my leg (interesting that it leaks when closed, but not when it's<br>op=
en). Anyway, before I place an order to our favorite SoCal parts house,<br>=
does anybody know if these can be fixed/rebuilt, or should I just spring fo=
r<br>new? IIRC, the valve at the block is closed when at a right angle to t=
he<br>hose, correct (the valve kept leaking when I set it so, so either I g=
ots it<br>wrong or there's lots of residual coolant in the line/box)?<br><d=
iv><br></div>How much should I charge myself for labor?<br><div><br></div>T=
IA,<br>Bob<br>_______________________________________________<br>Support Te=
am.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation<br>$12.75<=
br><div><br></div>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive<br><div><br></div>[email-masked]<br>http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br><div><br></div>Unsubscribe/Manage:<b=
r>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<br><=
div><br></div>_______________________________________________<br>Support Te=
am.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$=
12.75<br><div><br></div>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http=
://autox.team.net/archive<br><div><br></div>[email-masked]<br>http:=
//autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br><div><br></div>Unsubscribe/Man=
age: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<br><=
div><br></div></div><div><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_4805748_1300924131.1604536249517--

--===============4150835672746335135==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4150835672746335135==--

---

From: David Nock via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 08:32:58 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3764669487797384912==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0040_01D6B34E.46CC1850"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D6B34E.46CC1850
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes we have them in stock.

David Nock
[email-masked]
209 948 8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

Help us have our Founder Norman Nock inducteed into the=20
British Sportscar Hall of Fame, You can vote for your favorites=20
by visiting the site at.
www.britishsportscarhalloffame.org

From: Charles Schott via Healeys=20
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 4:30 PM
To: John Spaur=20
Cc: Healeys=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100M Choke Bracket

Does anyone know where I can get the bracket, choke cable abutment for =
100M carbs. It's similar to Moss # 378-025. Thanks.

Regards,

Charlie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

From: "John Spaur via Healeys" <[email-masked]>
To: "Bob Spidell" <[email-masked]>, "Healeys" =
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 11:36:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater Valve Kaput

I don't think it can be rebuilt, as I recall there is a rubber diaphragm
inside that fails. It leaks because there is pressure in the line from =
the
radiator connection.

John

-----Original Message-----

Fired up the 3000 today for a short local trip, and my heater valve =
started
peeing on my leg (interesting that it leaks when closed, but not when =
it's
open). Anyway, before I place an order to our favorite SoCal parts =
house,
does anybody know if these can be fixed/rebuilt, or should I just spring =
for
new? IIRC, the valve at the block is closed when at a right angle to the
hose, correct (the valve kept leaking when I set it so, so either I gots =
it
wrong or there's lots of residual coolant in the line/box)?

TIA,
Bob
donation
$12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D6B34E.46CC1850
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Yes we have them in stock.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: =
#000000">David=20
Nock<BR>[email-masked]<BR>209 948=20
8767<BR>www.britishcarspecialists.com<BR><BR>Help us have our Founder =
Norman=20
Nock inducteed into the <BR>British Sportscar Hall of Fame, You can vote =
for=20
your favorites <BR>by visiting the site=20
at.<BR>www.britishsportscarhalloffame.org<BR></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=[email-masked]>Charles Schott via Healeys</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, November 04, 2020 4:30 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]>John Spaur</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Cc:</B> <A title=[email-masked]>Healeys</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Healeys] 100M Choke Bracket</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, =
serif; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Does anyone know where I can get the bracket, choke cable abutment =
for 100M=20
carbs. It's similar to Moss # 378-025. Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Charlie</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<HR id=3Dzwchr>

<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000; =
FONT-STYLE: normal"=20
data-mce-style=3D"color: #000; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; =
text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt;"><B>From:=20
</B>"John Spaur via Healeys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR><B>To: =
</B>"Bob=20
Spidell" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, "Healeys"=20
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR><B>Sent: </B>Wednesday, November 4, =
2020=20
11:36:55 AM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater Valve Kaput<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>I don't think it can be rebuilt, as I recall there is a =
rubber=20
diaphragm<BR>inside that fails. It leaks because there is pressure in =
the line=20
from the<BR>radiator connection.<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>John<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: Healeys=20
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Bob<BR>Spidell<BR>Sent:=20
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 8:12 PM<BR>To: Healeys=20
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR>Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Heater Valve =
Kaput<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>Fired up the 3000 today for a short local trip, and my =
heater=20
valve started<BR>peeing on my leg (interesting that it leaks when =
closed, but=20
not when it's<BR>open). Anyway, before I place an order to our favorite =
SoCal=20
parts house,<BR>does anybody know if these can be fixed/rebuilt, or =
should I=20
just spring for<BR>new? IIRC, the valve at the block is closed when at a =
right=20
angle to the<BR>hose, correct (the valve kept leaking when I set it so, =
so=20
either I gots it<BR>wrong or there's lots of residual coolant in the=20
line/box)?<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>How much should I charge myself for labor?<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>TIA,<BR>Bob<BR>_________________________________________=
______<BR>Support=20
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual =
donation<BR>$12.75<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys=20
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
listinfo/healeys<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>Unsubscribe/Manage:<BR>http://autox.team.net/mailman/opt=
ions/healeys/[email-masked]<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>_______________________________________________<BR>Suppo=
rt=20
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<BR>Suggested annual =
donation&nbsp;=20
$12.75<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys=20
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
listinfo/healeys<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR><BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys=20
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR><BR>=
</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D6B34E.46CC1850--

--===============3764669487797384912==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3764669487797384912==--