Subject: [Healeys] Sealing Head Studs

From: "m.g.sharp--- via Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 17:36:02 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4319804272699360621==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0071_01D7C121.F5736160"
Content-Language: en-ca

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01D7C121.F5736160
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Has anyone out there had issues with coolant coming up the head studs?  I
have heard that some stud holes in the block are blind, but some intercept
coolant channels and that the head studs that go in these holes need to be
sealed.  Does anyone know which holes are blind and which are not?

Thanks for any insights.

Mirek

'59 BT7

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01D7C121.F5736160
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-CA link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Has anyone =
out there had issues with coolant coming up the head studs?&nbsp; I have =
heard that some stud holes in the block are blind, but some intercept =
coolant channels and that the head studs that go in these holes need to =
be sealed.&nbsp; Does anyone know which holes are blind and which are =
not?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>Thanks for any insights.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Mirek<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US>&#8217;59 =
BT7<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0071_01D7C121.F5736160--

--===============4319804272699360621==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4319804272699360621==--