Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt

From: warthodson--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:43:30 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6951969698014546495==
	boundary="----=_Part_781040_255126875.1634478210784"

------=_Part_781040_255126875.1634478210784
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Bob,The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the customer tells th=
em.=C2=A0 You should forward your message to Moss.Gary Hodson

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
To: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm
Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt

  I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump pulley and installing =
a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from Moss--part# 021-966--thinkin=
g it might work better than the original slab of rubber. I noticed before i=
nstalling that it was narrower than the original type that I'd had, which h=
ad rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once I started tensioning it h=
owever, it was clear it might work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and was=
 essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead of on the s=
ides (and the angle of the sides of the belt was incorrect). Anyone else tr=
ied one of these?
=20
 I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would sell something that c=
ould possibly work, but isn't truly correct.
=20
 bs
 _______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

[email-masked]

------=_Part_781040_255126875.1634478210784
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;">Bob,
<div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the customer tells them.&nbsp; You should forward your message to Moss.</div>

<div>Gary Hodson<br>
<br>
<br>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Bob Spidell &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv8575284951">

<div>
    I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump pulley and
    installing a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from
    Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work better than the original
    slab of rubber. I noticed before installing that it was narrower
    than the original type that I'd had, which had rotted, but it looked
    like it would work. Once I started tensioning it however, it was
    clear it <i>might </i>work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and
    was essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead
    of on the sides (and the angle of the sides of the belt was
    incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?<br>

    <br>

    I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would sell something
    that could possibly work, but isn't truly correct.<br>

    <br>

    bs<br>

  </div>

</div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys </a><a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>
</div>

------=_Part_781040_255126875.1634478210784--

--===============6951969698014546495==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6951969698014546495==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 07:01:03 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2390681609606817665==
 boundary="------------9797B2FCDEF303E3419B4EFE"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------9797B2FCDEF303E3419B4EFE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I'm going to return it, with '8x10 colored glossy photographs.'

On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Bob,
> The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the customer tells 
> them.  You should forward your message to Moss.
> Gary Hodson
>
>
> installing a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from Moss--part# 
> 021-966--thinking it might work better than the original slab of 
> rubber. I noticed before installing that it was narrower than the 
> original type that I'd had, which had rotted, but it looked like it 
> would work. Once I started tensioning it however, it was clear it 
> /might /work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and was essentially 
> riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead of on the sides 
> (and the angle of the sides of the belt was incorrect). Anyone else 
> tried one of these?
>
> that could possibly work, but isn't truly correct.
>
> bs
>

--------------9797B2FCDEF303E3419B4EFE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    I'm going to return it, with '8x10 colored glossy photographs.'<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM,
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div style="color:black;font: 12pt Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;">Bob,
        <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the
          customer tells them.  You should forward your message to Moss.</div>
        <div>Gary Hodson<br>
          <br>
          <br>
          <div
            style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
              size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
              From: Bob Spidell <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              To: Healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
              Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
              <br>
              <div id="yiv8575284951">
                <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump
                  pulley and installing a new fan belt. I ordered a
                  'cogged' belt from Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it
                  might work better than the original slab of rubber. I
                  noticed before installing that it was narrower than
                  the original type that I'd had, which had rotted, but
                  it looked like it would work. Once I started
                  tensioning it however, it was clear it <i>might </i>work,
                  but sat too low in the pulleys, and was essentially
                  riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead of
                  on the sides (and the angle of the sides of the belt
                  was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?<br>
                  <br>
                  I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would
                  sell something that could possibly work, but isn't
                  truly correct.<br>
                  <br>
                  bs<br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </font><br>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------9797B2FCDEF303E3419B4EFE--

--===============2390681609606817665==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2390681609606817665==--

---

From: Bob Haskell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 10:14:09 -0400

with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one ...

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar

On 10/17/21 10:01 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: David P via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 08:14:25 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6282361912089483286==
 boundary="------------4b0jIMPUN4bOdjDz0u0UMwBH"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4b0jIMPUN4bOdjDz0u0UMwBH
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non automotive) that is 
an excellent copy of the original. Unfortunately I don't remember the 
part number.. (gets worse with age). I found it googling their web 
pages.. B1 kinda rings a bell.. happy hunting. DP

On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here:WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/

--------------4b0jIMPUN4bOdjDz0u0UMwBH
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non automotive)
      that is an excellent copy of the original. Unfortunately I don't
      remember the part number.. (gets worse with age). I found it
      googling their web pages.. B1 kinda rings a bell.. happy hunting. 
      DP <br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      I'm going to return it, with '8x10 colored glossy photographs.'<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a
          class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext"
          href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        <div style="color:black;font: 12pt Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;">Bob,
          <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the
            customer tells them.  You should forward your message to
            Moss.</div>
          <div>Gary Hodson<br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <div
              style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
                size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                From: Bob Spidell <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                To: Healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                <br>
                <div id="yiv8575284951">
                  <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose water
                    pump pulley and installing a new fan belt. I ordered
                    a 'cogged' belt from Moss--part# 021-966--thinking
                    it might work better than the original slab of
                    rubber. I noticed before installing that it was
                    narrower than the original type that I'd had, which
                    had rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once I
                    started tensioning it however, it was clear it <i>might
                    </i>work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and was
                    essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley
                    grooves instead of on the sides (and the angle of
                    the sides of the belt was incorrect). Anyone else
                    tried one of these?<br>
                    <br>
                    I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would
                    sell something that could possibly work, but isn't
                    truly correct.<br>
                    <br>
                    bs<br>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </font><br>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
  </body>
</html>
--------------4b0jIMPUN4bOdjDz0u0UMwBH--

--===============6282361912089483286==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6282361912089483286==--

---

From: Michael Oritt via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:04:25 -0400

--===============7561211200428325421==

--00000000000028e8b305ce8dbfc3

Bob--

After you get the proper fan belt consider installing one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-Adjustment/dp/B00TUNIALY

The initial installation of the unit is a bit intense but once you have it
in place tensioning the belt is a piece of cake.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 10:06 AM Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
> To: Healeys <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
> I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump pulley and installing a
> new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from Moss--part# 021-966--thinking
> it might work better than the original slab of rubber. I noticed before
> installing that it was narrower than the original type that I'd had, which
> had rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once I started tensioning it
> however, it was clear it *might *work, but sat too low in the pulleys,
> and was essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead of
> on the sides (and the angle of the sides of the belt was incorrect). Anyone
> else tried one of these?
>
> I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would sell something that
> could possibly work, but isn't truly correct.
>
> bs
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
Best--Michael

--00000000000028e8b305ce8dbfc3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Bob--=
</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div c=
lass=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">After you get the proper fan=
 belt consider installing one of these:</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" s=
tyle=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"colo=
r:#3333ff"><a href=3D"https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-Ad=
justment/dp/B00TUNIALY">https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-=
Adjustment/dp/B00TUNIALY</a><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D=
"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333=
ff">The initial installation of the unit is a bit intense but once you have=
 it in place tensioning the belt is a piece of cake.=C2=A0</div><div class=
=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_de=
fault" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Best--Michael Oritt</div></div><br><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 17, 202=
1 at 10:06 AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">bspid=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" s=
tyle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);pad=
ding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    I&#39;m going to return it, with &#39;8x10 colored glossy photographs.&=
#39;<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM,
      <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">warthodson@ao=
l.com</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,sans-se=
rif">Bob,
        <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the
          customer tells them.=C2=A0 You should forward your message to Mos=
s.</div>
        <div>Gary Hodson<br>
          <br>
          <br>
          <div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:bl=
ack"><font size=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<br>
              From: Bob Spidell <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" tar=
get=3D"_blank">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              To: Healeys <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
              Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
              <br>
              <div id=3D"gmail-m_-295386182857240023yiv8575284951">
                <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump
                  pulley and installing a new fan belt. I ordered a
                  &#39;cogged&#39; belt from Moss--part# 021-966--thinking =
it
                  might work better than the original slab of rubber. I
                  noticed before installing that it was narrower than
                  the original type that I&#39;d had, which had rotted, but
                  it looked like it would work. Once I started
                  tensioning it however, it was clear it <i>might </i>work,
                  but sat too low in the pulleys, and was essentially
                  riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead of
                  on the sides (and the angle of the sides of the belt
                  was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?<br>
                  <br>
                  I&#39;m shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA&#39;, that a vendor wo=
uld
                  sell something that could possibly work, but isn&#39;t
                  truly correct.<br>
                  <br>
                  bs<br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </font><br>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://a=
utox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><font color=3D"#3333ff">Best--Michael</font></di=
v>

--00000000000028e8b305ce8dbfc3--

--===============7561211200428325421==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7561211200428325421==--

---

From: Jean Caron via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 15:07:53 +0000

--===============8020313786663667200==
Content-Language: en-CA
	boundary="_000_DM6PR17MB25079C0CC30F76851AF8E88DD1BB9DM6PR17MB2507namp_"

--_000_DM6PR17MB25079C0CC30F76851AF8E88DD1BB9DM6PR17MB2507namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Most of the vendors we deal with these days have been in business for years=
 and are ought to know by now the correct dimensions for items they sell an=
d many if not all of them have a department where they have individuals tha=
t research new products , so selling or advertising a new product that does=
 not fit is because they put profit ahead of quality.

Jean

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D550986> for Window=
s

Sent: October 17, 2021 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt

Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non automotive) that is an=
 excellent copy of the original. Unfortunately I don't remember the part nu=
mber.. (gets worse with age). I found it googling their web pages.. B1 kind=
a rings a bell.. happy hunting.  DP
On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:
I'm going to return it, with '8x10 colored glossy photographs.'

Bob,
The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the customer tells them. =
 You should forward your message to Moss.
Gary Hodson

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm
Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt
I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump pulley and installing a =
new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from Moss--part# 021-966--thinking =
it might work better than the original slab of rubber. I noticed before ins=
talling that it was narrower than the original type that I'd had, which had=
 rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once I started tensioning it how=
ever, it was clear it might work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and was e=
ssentially riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead of on the sid=
es (and the angle of the sides of the belt was incorrect). Anyone else trie=
d one of these?

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would sell something that co=
uld possibly work, but isn't truly correct.

bs

tection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fdonate.html&data=3D0=
4%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaa=
aaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637700770314474380%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwM=
DAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=3DmNz6oSXU5W=
PIT7bX1EuvgtOH7kjH6z9G%2BAdyGTv7x5k%3D&reserved=3D0>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys<https://na01.safelinks.prote=
ction.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Fhealeys&da=
ta=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aa=
aaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637700770314484375%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4=
wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=3Dn6NY=
2hJtncYxu1eYyUyVF016O8rH0bLXUrRTwU%2FQAr8%3D&reserved=3D0> http://autox.tea=
m.net/archive<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%=
2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Farchive&data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d99=
178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637700770314484375%7CU=
nknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLC=
JXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=3DCFJ7jfGNqTPYJITuIA7fmJQCJ1A7SKMik6nwprXJAcw%3D&=
reserved=3D0>

http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<https://na01.safelinks.prote=
ction.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2=
Fhealeys&data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f=
640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637700770314494370%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8=
eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&s=
data=3DAnZLaYIeSMQBzUSyVncKheGczD8sUSoZiFXM2uJOG2A%3D&reserved=3D0>

orterscustom.com<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%=
3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fhealeys%2Ffrogeye%40porterscus=
tom.com&data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f6=
40afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637700770314494370%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8e=
yJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sd=
ata=3DAZGLt6h2qaTRVchy6v3ah7mlD8X2z37m988lcAitifk%3D&reserved=3D0>

--

Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My Wo=
rld go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook=
.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.porterbikes.com%2F&data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a73=
609ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6377=
00770314504365%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIi=
LCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=3D7iqLXIfJxmubEMS87ZNzxIy0%2FLS=
i6jjVjdrC5sYD8Ms%3D&reserved=3D0>

--_000_DM6PR17MB25079C0CC30F76851AF8E88DD1BB9DM6PR17MB2507namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:sc=
hemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/of=
fice/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0cm;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:"Courier New";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style>
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-CA" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D"word-wrap:bre=
ak-word">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Most of the vendors we deal with these days have bee=
n in business for years and are ought to know by now the correct dimensions=
 for items they sell and many if not all of them have a department where th=
ey have individuals that research
 new products , so selling or advertising a new product that does not fit i=
s because they put profit ahead of quality.</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Jean</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Sent from <a href=3D"https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink=
/?LinkId=3D550986">
Mail</a> for Windows</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<div style=3D"mso-element:para-border-div;border:none;border-top:solid #E1E=
1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"border:none;padding:0cm"><b>From: </b><a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">David P via Healeys</a><br>
<b>Sent: </b>October 17, 2021 9:17 AM<br>
<b>To: </b><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a><br>
<b>Subject: </b>Re: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt</p>
</div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p>Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non automotive) that is=
 an excellent copy of the original. Unfortunately I don't remember the part=
 number.. (gets worse with age). I found it googling their web pages.. B1 k=
inda rings a bell.. happy hunting.&nbsp;
 DP </p>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:<o:p></o:p>=
</p>
</div>
<blockquote style=3D"margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt">I'm going to return i=
t, with '8x10 colored glossy photographs.'<br>
<br>
<o:p></o:p></p>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a href=3D"mailto:warthodson@=
aol.com">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<blockquote style=3D"margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Co=
mic Sans MS&quot;;color:black">Bob,
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Co=
mic Sans MS&quot;;color:black">The way the vendors find out about an issue =
is if the customer tells them.&nbsp; You should forward your message to Mos=
s.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span style=3D"font-s=
ize:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;;color:black">Gary Hodson<b=
r>
<br>
<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt"><span style=3D"font-s=
ize:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">-----Origi=
nal Message-----<br>
From: Bob Spidell <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;bspidell@comc=
ast.net&gt;</a><br>
To: Healeys <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]=
m.net&gt;</a><br>
Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<div id=3D"yiv8575284951">
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Ar=
ial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">I finally got around to fixing my loose w=
ater pump pulley and installing a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt f=
rom Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work
 better than the original slab of rubber. I noticed before installing that =
it was narrower than the original type that I'd had, which had rotted, but =
it looked like it would work. Once I started tensioning it however, it was =
clear it
<i>might </i>work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and was essentially ridi=
ng on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead of on the sides (and the ang=
le of the sides of the belt was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?=
<br>
<br>
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would sell something that co=
uld possibly work, but isn't truly correct.<br>
<br>
bs<o:p></o:p></span></p>
</div>
</div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Ar=
ial&quot;,sans-serif;color:black"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><br>
<br>
<br>
<o:p></o:p></p>
<pre>_______________________________________________</pre>
<pre>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.=
com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C=
0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0=
%7C637700770314474380%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV=
2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=3DmNz6oSXU5WPIT7bX1E=
uvgtOH7kjH6z9G%2BAdyGTv7x5k%3D&amp;reserved=3D0">http://www.team.net/donate=
.html</a></pre>
<pre>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75</pre>
<pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre>
<pre>Archive: <a href=3D"https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=
=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Fhealeys&amp;data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C=
0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0=
%7C637700770314484375%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV=
2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=3Dn6NY2hJtncYxu1eYyU=
yVF016O8rH0bLXUrRTwU%2FQAr8%3D&amp;reserved=3D0">http://www.team.net/piperm=
ail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?u=
rl=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Farchive&amp;data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a736=
09ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C63770=
0770314484375%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiL=
CJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=3DCFJ7jfGNqTPYJITuIA7fmJQCJ1=
A7SKMik6nwprXJAcw%3D&amp;reserved=3D0">http://autox.team.net/archive</a></p=
re>
<pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre>
<pre><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></=
pre>
<pre><a href=3D"https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3=
A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fhealeys&amp;data=3D04%7C01%7C%=
7C0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7=
C0%7C637700770314494370%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjo=
iV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=3DAnZLaYIeSMQBzUSy=
VncKheGczD8sUSoZiFXM2uJOG2A%3D&amp;reserved=3D0">http://autox.team.net/mail=
man/listinfo/healeys</a></pre>
<pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre>
<pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlo=
ok.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Fhealeys%2Ff=
rogeye%40porterscustom.com&amp;data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a73609ec416ee7dc08d9=
9178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637700770314494370%7C=
Unknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiL=
CJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=3DAZGLt6h2qaTRVchy6v3ah7mlD8X2z37m988lcAitif=
k%3D&amp;reserved=3D0">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/frogey=
[email-masked]</a></pre>
<pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre>
</blockquote>
<pre>-- </pre>
<pre>Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 =
My World go here: <a href=3D"https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/=
?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.porterbikes.com%2F&amp;data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0ac9a736=
09ec416ee7dc08d99178ce84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C63770=
0770314504365%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiL=
CJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=3D7iqLXIfJxmubEMS87ZNzxIy0%2=
FLSi6jjVjdrC5sYD8Ms%3D&amp;reserved=3D0">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Co=
urier New&quot;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM6PR17MB25079C0CC30F76851AF8E88DD1BB9DM6PR17MB2507namp_--

--===============8020313786663667200==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8020313786663667200==--

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:13:18 -0400

--===============2091032711830709336==

--000000000000fb4b2f05ce8dded3

As I recall the original belt for a 100 is a Ferodo V161.
 I have been using a B-45 Gates belts which sit a little lower in the
pulley but don't contact the bottom of the pulley groove.
https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b45-belt.html

M

On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 10:16 a.m. David P via Healeys, <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> an excellent copy of the original. Unfortunately I don't remember the part
> number.. (gets worse with age). I found it googling their web pages.. B1
> kinda rings a bell.. happy hunting.  DP
> [email-masked]://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
> --
> Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000fb4b2f05ce8dded3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">As I recall the original belt for a 100 is a Ferodo V161.=
<div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0I have been using a B-45 Gates belts which sit a li=
ttle lower in the pulley but don&#39;t contact the bottom of the pulley gro=
ove.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><a href=3D"https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates=
-b45-belt.html">https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b45-belt.html</a><br><=
/div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">M</div><div dir=3D"auto"=
><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"g=
mail_attr">On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 10:16 a.m. David P via Healeys, &lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_q=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    <p>Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non automotive)
      that is an excellent copy of the original. Unfortunately I don&#39;t
      remember the part number.. (gets worse with age). I found it
      googling their web pages.. B1 kinda rings a bell.. happy hunting.=C2=
=A0
      DP <br>
    </p>
    <div>On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      I&#39;m going to return it, with &#39;8x10 colored glossy photographs=
.&#39;<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=
=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type=3D"cite">
       =20
        <div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt Comic Sans MS,sans-serif">Bob,
          <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the
            customer tells them.=C2=A0 You should forward your message to
            Moss.</div>
          <div>Gary Hodson<br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:=
black"><font size=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                From: Bob Spidell <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" r=
el=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;=
</a><br>
                To: Healeys <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=
=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;=
</a><br>
                Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                <br>
                <div id=3D"m_-8497860751573058673m_2714273202460204982yiv85=
75284951">
                  <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose water
                    pump pulley and installing a new fan belt. I ordered
                    a &#39;cogged&#39; belt from Moss--part# 021-966--think=
ing
                    it might work better than the original slab of
                    rubber. I noticed before installing that it was
                    narrower than the original type that I&#39;d had, which
                    had rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once I
                    started tensioning it however, it was clear it <i>might
                    </i>work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and was
                    essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley
                    grooves instead of on the sides (and the angle of
                    the sides of the belt was incorrect). Anyone else
                    tried one of these?<br>
                    <br>
                    I&#39;m shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA&#39;, that a vendor =
would
                    sell something that could possibly work, but isn&#39;t
                    truly correct.<br>
                    <br>
                    bs<br>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </font><br>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>_______________________________________________
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" tar=
get=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys</a>

s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <pre cols=3D"72">--=20
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My Wo=
rld go here: <a href=3D"http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/" rel=3D"noreferrer nore=
ferrer" target=3D"_blank">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
  </div>
_______________________________________________<br>
rer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.htm=
l</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/he=
aleys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noref=
errer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" tar=
get=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gma=
il.com</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000fb4b2f05ce8dded3--

--===============2091032711830709336==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2091032711830709336==--

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 08:55:22 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7628697723242319108==
 boundary="------------06B75BBE61F9E3DE648205E4"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------06B75BBE61F9E3DE648205E4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hmmmmm ... looks like a good idea, got any photos of it installed (not a 
lot of wiggle room between pulleys)?

On 10/17/2021 8:04 AM, Michael Oritt wrote:
> <https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-Adjustment/dp/B00TUNIALY>
>
> The initial installation of the unit is a bit intense but once you 
> have it in place tensioning the belt is a piece of cake.
>
> Best--Michael Oritt
>
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 10:06 AM Bob Spidell <[email-masked] 
>
>     On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, [email-masked]
>>     Bob,
>>     The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the customer
>>     tells them.  You should forward your message to Moss.
>>     Gary Hodson
>>
>>
>>     Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work better than the
>>     original slab of rubber. I noticed before installing that it was
>>     narrower than the original type that I'd had, which had rotted,
>>     but it looked like it would work. Once I started tensioning it
>>     however, it was clear it /might /work, but sat too low in the
>>     pulleys, and was essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley
>>     grooves instead of on the sides (and the angle of the sides of
>>     the belt was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?
>>
>>     I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would sell
>>     something that could possibly work, but isn't truly correct.
>>
>>     bs
>>
>
>

--------------06B75BBE61F9E3DE648205E4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Hmmmmm ... looks like a good idea, got any photos of it installed
    (not a lot of wiggle room between pulleys)?<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/17/2021 8:04 AM, Michael Oritt
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">Bob--</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">After you get
          the proper fan belt consider installing one of these:</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff"><a
href="https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-Adjustment/dp/B00TUNIALY"
            moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-Adjustment/dp/B00TUNIALY</a><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">The initial
          installation of the unit is a bit intense but once you have it
          in place tensioning the belt is a piece of cake. </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">Best--Michael
          Oritt</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 10:06
          AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div> I'm going to return it, with '8x10 colored glossy
            photographs.'<br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div style="color:black;font:12pt &quot;Comic Sans
                MS&quot;,sans-serif">Bob,
                <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if
                  the customer tells them.  You should forward your
                  message to Moss.</div>
                <div>Gary Hodson<br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <div
                    style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
                      size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                      From: Bob Spidell <a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                      To: Healeys <a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                      Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                      Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                      <br>
                      <div id="gmail-m_-295386182857240023yiv8575284951">
                        <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose
                          water pump pulley and installing a new fan
                          belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from
                          Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work
                          better than the original slab of rubber. I
                          noticed before installing that it was narrower
                          than the original type that I'd had, which had
                          rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once
                          I started tensioning it however, it was clear
                          it <i>might </i>work, but sat too low in the
                          pulleys, and was essentially riding on the
                          bottom of the pulley grooves instead of on the
                          sides (and the angle of the sides of the belt
                          was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of
                          these?<br>
                          <br>
                          I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor
                          would sell something that could possibly work,
                          but isn't truly correct.<br>
                          <br>
                          bs<br>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                    </font><br>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
            <br>
          </div>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------06B75BBE61F9E3DE648205E4--

--===============7628697723242319108==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7628697723242319108==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 09:58:10 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2508117575564072340==
 boundary="------------3A93FBA05ECEFDB5EB3FE052"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3A93FBA05ECEFDB5EB3FE052
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

It was suggested to me that the cogged belt is /designed /to grab the 
bottom of the pulley, instead of the sides. This makes some sense, any 
industrial engineers know the 'theory' on this.

One thing is for sure, the cogged belt "don't /look/ 'right,'" at least 
not compared to original.

On 10/17/2021 8:13 AM, Michael Salter wrote:
> <https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b45-belt.html>
>
> M
>
>
> On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 10:16 a.m. David P via Healeys, 
>
>     Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non automotive)
>     googling their web pages.. B1 kinda rings a bell.. happy hunting.  DP
>
>>     Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html  <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>     Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>  http://autox.team.net/archive  <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>>
>>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys  <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>>
>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]  <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>>
>     -- 
>     Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here:WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/  <http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/>
>
>     <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>     <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>     http://autox.team.net/archive <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------3A93FBA05ECEFDB5EB3FE052
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    It was suggested to me that the cogged belt is <i>designed </i>to
    grab the bottom of the pulley, instead of the sides. This makes some
    sense, any industrial engineers know the 'theory' on this.<br>
    <br>
    One thing is for sure, the cogged belt "don't <i>look</i> 'right,'"
    at least not compared to original.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/17/2021 8:13 AM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAB3i7LLCRORTQvzhGi23aVhgY3vUSJJt38eDYf36=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">As I recall the original belt for a 100 is a
        Ferodo V161.
        <div dir="auto"> I have been using a B-45 Gates belts which sit
          a little lower in the pulley but don't contact the bottom of
          the pulley groove.</div>
        <div dir="auto"><a
            href="https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b45-belt.html"
            moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b45-belt.html</a><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">M</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 10:16
          a.m. David P via Healeys, &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div>
            <p>Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non
              automotive) that is an excellent copy of the original.
              Unfortunately I don't remember the part number.. (gets
              worse with age). I found it googling their web pages.. B1
              kinda rings a bell.. happy hunting.  DP <br>
            </p>
            <div>On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite"> I'm going to return it, with '8x10
              colored glossy photographs.'<br>
              <br>
              <br>
              <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noreferrer
                  noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
                wrote:<br>
              </div>
              <blockquote type="cite">
                <div style="color:black;font:12pt Comic Sans
                  MS,sans-serif">Bob,
                  <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if
                    the customer tells them.  You should forward your
                    message to Moss.</div>
                  <div>Gary Hodson<br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <div
                      style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
                        size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                        From: Bob Spidell <a
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                          moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                        To: Healeys <a
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                          moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                        Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                        Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                        <br>
                        <div
                          id="m_-8497860751573058673m_2714273202460204982yiv8575284951">
                          <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose
                            water pump pulley and installing a new fan
                            belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from
                            Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work
                            better than the original slab of rubber. I
                            noticed before installing that it was
                            narrower than the original type that I'd
                            had, which had rotted, but it looked like it
                            would work. Once I started tensioning it
                            however, it was clear it <i>might </i>work,
                            but sat too low in the pulleys, and was
                            essentially riding on the bottom of the
                            pulley grooves instead of on the sides (and
                            the angle of the sides of the belt was
                            incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?<br>
                            <br>
                            I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a
                            vendor would sell something that could
                            possibly work, but isn't truly correct.<br>
                            <br>
                            bs<br>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </font><br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </blockquote>
              <br>
              <br>
              <fieldset></fieldset>
              <pre>_______________________________________________

Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
            </blockquote>
            <pre cols="72">-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: <a href="http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
          </div>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
          <br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noreferrer
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3A93FBA05ECEFDB5EB3FE052--

--===============2508117575564072340==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2508117575564072340==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 10:03:55 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8019927614232588294==
 boundary="------------688F2DED797418A1941804B7"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------688F2DED797418A1941804B7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

This doc--from the government, so it HAS to be true ;)--claims cogged, 
or 'synchronous,' are most efficient:

https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/56012.pdf

Now I have to deal with smooth/standard, cogged, and 'notched' (what's 
the diff?).

bs

>>>     something that could possibly work, but isn't truly correct.

--------------688F2DED797418A1941804B7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    This doc--from the government, so it HAS to be true ;)--claims
    cogged, or 'synchronous,' are most efficient:<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/56012.pdf">https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/56012.pdf</a><br>
    Now I have to deal with smooth/standard, cogged, and 'notched'
    (what's the diff?).<br>

--------------688F2DED797418A1941804B7--

--===============8019927614232588294==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8019927614232588294==--

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:05:25 -0400

--===============5997427059015205267==

--000000000000fa089405ce8f6f55

That's total BS Bob.
The "cogs" are really just there to eliminate stress in the belt as it
curves around pulleys.
A "V" belt must ride on its side faces without the inside surface bottoming
out in any pulley.

M

On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 12:58 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> It was suggested to me that the cogged belt is *designed *to grab the
> One thing is for sure, the cogged belt "don't *look* 'right,'" at least
>> I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump pulley and installing
>> a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt from Moss--part#
>> 021-966--thinking it might work better than the original slab of rubber. I
>> noticed before installing that it was narrower than the original type that
>> I'd had, which had rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once I started
>> tensioning it however, it was clear it *might *work, but sat too low in
>> the pulleys, and was essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves
>> instead of on the sides (and the angle of the sides of the belt was
>> incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?
>>
>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> [email-masked]

--000000000000fa089405ce8f6f55
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">That&#39;s total BS Bob.<div dir=3D"auto">The &quot;cogs&=
quot; are really just there to eliminate stress in the belt as it curves ar=
ound pulleys.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">A &quot;V&quot; belt must ride o=
n its side faces without the inside surface bottoming out in any pulley.</d=
iv><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">M</div></div><br><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun., Oct. 17, 2=
021, 12:58 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">bs=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    It was suggested to me that the cogged belt is <i>designed </i>to
    grab the bottom of the pulley, instead of the sides. This makes some
    sense, any industrial engineers know the &#39;theory&#39; on this.<br>
    <br>
    One thing is for sure, the cogged belt &quot;don&#39;t <i>look</i> &#39=
;right,&#39;&quot;
    at least not compared to original.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div>On 10/17/2021 8:13 AM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"auto">As I recall the original belt for a 100 is a
        Ferodo V161.
        <div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0I have been using a B-45 Gates belts which =
sit
          a little lower in the pulley but don&#39;t contact the bottom of
          the pulley groove.</div>
        <div dir=3D"auto"><a href=3D"https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b=
45-belt.html" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">https://www.biedlers-bel=
ts.com/gates-b45-belt.html</a><br>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"auto">M</div>
        <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 10:16
          a.m. David P via Healeys, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
m.net" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
et</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border=
-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div>
            <p>Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non
              automotive) that is an excellent copy of the original.
              Unfortunately I don&#39;t remember the part number.. (gets
              worse with age). I found it googling their web pages.. B1
              kinda rings a bell.. happy hunting.=C2=A0 DP <br>
            </p>
            <div>On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type=3D"cite"> I&#39;m going to return it, with &#3=
9;8x10
              colored glossy photographs.&#39;<br>
              <br>
              <br>
              <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a href=3D"mailto:warthodson@aol.=
com" rel=3D"noreferrer
                  noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
om</a>
                wrote:<br>
              </div>
              <blockquote type=3D"cite">
                <div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt Comic Sans MS,sans-seri=
f">Bob,
                  <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if
                    the customer tells them.=C2=A0 You should forward your
                    message to Moss.</div>
                  <div>Gary Hodson<br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10p=
t;color:black"><font size=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                        From: Bob Spidell <a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcas=
t.net" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">&lt;bspid=
[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                        To: Healeys <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
t" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">&lt;healeys@a=
utox.team.net&gt;</a><br>
                        Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                        Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                        <br>
                        <div id=3D"m_7365777734488803444m_-8497860751573058=
673m_2714273202460204982yiv8575284951">
                          <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose
                            water pump pulley and installing a new fan
                            belt. I ordered a &#39;cogged&#39; belt from
                            Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work
                            better than the original slab of rubber. I
                            noticed before installing that it was
                            narrower than the original type that I&#39;d
                            had, which had rotted, but it looked like it
                            would work. Once I started tensioning it
                            however, it was clear it <i>might </i>work,
                            but sat too low in the pulleys, and was
                            essentially riding on the bottom of the
                            pulley grooves instead of on the sides (and
                            the angle of the sides of the belt was
                            incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?<br>
                            <br>
                            I&#39;m shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA&#39;, that a
                            vendor would sell something that could
                            possibly work, but isn&#39;t truly correct.<br>
                            <br>
                            bs<br>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </font><br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </blockquote>
              <br>
              <br>
              <fieldset></fieldset>
              <pre>_______________________________________________
rer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.htm=
l</a>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/he=
aleys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noref=
errer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer nore=
ferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/healeys</a>

s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/frogeye@portersc=
ustom.com</a>

</pre>
            </blockquote>
            <pre cols=3D"72">--=20
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My Wo=
rld go here: <a href=3D"http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/" rel=3D"noreferrer nore=
ferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
          </div>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=
=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br>
          <br>
          Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D=
"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.=
team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
          <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer
            noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer
            noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
</a><br>
          <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D=
"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/opti=
ons/healeys/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/heale=
ys/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>_______________________________________________
nk" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_blank=
" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://a=
utox.team.net/archive</a>

<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank=
" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

s/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000fa089405ce8f6f55--

--===============5997427059015205267==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5997427059015205267==--

---

From: Michael Salter via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:09:42 -0400

--===============0902697364293764763==

--0000000000004ae24a05ce8f7f2c

"Cogged or synchronous" belts are a totally different kettle of fish.
They are commonly called "timing belts".
They run on a flat pulley with teeth that engage with the teeth on the belt.
Think cam belts.

M

On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 1:04 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This doc--from the government, so it HAS to be true ;)--claims cogged, or
> 'synchronous,' are most efficient:
>
> Now I have to deal with smooth/standard, cogged, and 'notched' (what's the
> diff?).
>
> bs
>

--0000000000004ae24a05ce8f7f2c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">&quot;Cogged or synchronous&quot; belts are a totally dif=
ferent kettle of fish.<div dir=3D"auto">They are commonly called &quot;timi=
ng belts&quot;.</div><div dir=3D"auto">They run on a flat pulley with teeth=
 that engage with the teeth on the belt.</div><div dir=3D"auto">Think cam b=
elts.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">M</div></div><br><=
div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun., Oc=
t. 17, 2021, 1:04 p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.=
net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmai=
l_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left=
:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    This doc--from the government, so it HAS to be true ;)--claims
    cogged, or &#39;synchronous,&#39; are most efficient:<br>
    <br>
    <a href=3D"https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/56012.pdf" target=3D"_bla=
nk" rel=3D"noreferrer">https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/56012.pdf</a><br>
    <br>
    Now I have to deal with smooth/standard, cogged, and &#39;notched&#39;
    (what&#39;s the diff?).<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <div>On 10/17/2021 8:13 AM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"auto">As I recall the original belt for a 100 is a
        Ferodo V161.
        <div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0I have been using a B-45 Gates belts which =
sit
          a little lower in the pulley but don&#39;t contact the bottom of
          the pulley groove.</div>
        <div dir=3D"auto"><a href=3D"https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b=
45-belt.html" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">https://www.biedlers-bel=
ts.com/gates-b45-belt.html</a><br>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"auto">M</div>
        <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 10:16
          a.m. David P via Healeys, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
m.net" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
et</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border=
-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div>
            <p>Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non
              automotive) that is an excellent copy of the original.
              Unfortunately I don&#39;t remember the part number.. (gets
              worse with age). I found it googling their web pages.. B1
              kinda rings a bell.. happy hunting.=C2=A0 DP <br>
            </p>
            <div>On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type=3D"cite"> I&#39;m going to return it, with &#3=
9;8x10
              colored glossy photographs.&#39;<br>
              <br>
              <br>
              <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a href=3D"mailto:warthodson@aol.=
com" rel=3D"noreferrer
                  noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
om</a>
                wrote:<br>
              </div>
              <blockquote type=3D"cite">
                <div style=3D"color:black;font:12pt Comic Sans MS,sans-seri=
f">Bob,
                  <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if
                    the customer tells them.=C2=A0 You should forward your
                    message to Moss.</div>
                  <div>Gary Hodson<br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10p=
t;color:black"><font size=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                        From: Bob Spidell <a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcas=
t.net" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">&lt;bspid=
[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                        To: Healeys <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
t" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">&lt;healeys@a=
utox.team.net&gt;</a><br>
                        Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                        Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                        <br>
                        <div id=3D"m_3694614700323836781m_-8497860751573058=
673m_2714273202460204982yiv8575284951">
                          <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose
                            water pump pulley and installing a new fan
                            belt. I ordered a &#39;cogged&#39; belt from
                            Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work
                            better than the original slab of rubber. I
                            noticed before installing that it was
                            narrower than the original type that I&#39;d
                            had, which had rotted, but it looked like it
                            would work. Once I started tensioning it
                            however, it was clear it <i>might </i>work,
                            but sat too low in the pulleys, and was
                            essentially riding on the bottom of the
                            pulley grooves instead of on the sides (and
                            the angle of the sides of the belt was
                            incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?<br>
                            <br>
                            I&#39;m shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA&#39;, that a
                            vendor would sell something that could
                            possibly work, but isn&#39;t truly correct.<br>
                            <br>
                            bs<br>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </font><br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </blockquote>
              <br>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

--0000000000004ae24a05ce8f7f2c--

--===============0902697364293764763==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0902697364293764763==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 10:12:37 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4792938127654867374==
 boundary="------------33561D522FF6096B0A568741"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------33561D522FF6096B0A568741
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

That's what I figured (actually, I tried to convince myself of that 
because I'd already gotten the belt on an tensioned). But, checking into 
it, it seems there are a lot of alternative that may, or may not, be 
better than original. What to do (I don't like the OEM-type belts; I 
suspect there's a reason autos went to thinner belts over the years).

On 10/17/2021 10:05 AM, Michael Salter wrote:
> A "V" belt must ride on its side faces without the inside surface 
> bottoming out in any pulley.
>
> M
>
> On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 12:58 p.m. Bob Spidell, <[email-masked] 
>
>     It was suggested to me that the cogged belt is /designed /to grab
>     the bottom of the pulley, instead of the sides. This makes some
>     sense, any industrial engineers know the 'theory' on this.
>
>     One thing is for sure, the cogged belt "don't /look/ 'right,'" at
>     least not compared to original.
>
>
>>      I have been using a B-45 Gates belts which sit a little lower in
>>     the pulley but don't contact the bottom of the pulley groove.
>>         Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment (non
>>         Unfortunately I don't remember the part number.. (gets worse
>>         with age). I found it googling their web pages.. B1 kinda
>>         rings a bell.. happy hunting.  DP
>>
>>>>         The way the vendors find out about an issue is if the
>>>>         customer tells them.  You should forward your message to Moss.
>>>>         Gary Hodson
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump pulley
>>>>         and installing a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt
>>>>         from Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work better
>>>>         than the original slab of rubber. I noticed before
>>>>         installing that it was narrower than the original type that
>>>>         I'd had, which had rotted, but it looked like it would
>>>>         work. Once I started tensioning it however, it was clear it
>>>>         /might /work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and was
>>>>         essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves
>>>>         instead of on the sides (and the angle of the sides of the
>>>>         belt was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?
>>>>

--------------33561D522FF6096B0A568741
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    That's what I figured (actually, I tried to convince myself of that
    because I'd already gotten the belt on an tensioned). But, checking
    into it, it seems there are a lot of alternative that may, or may
    not, be better than original. What to do (I don't like the OEM-type
    belts; I suspect there's a reason autos went to thinner belts over
    the years).<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/17/2021 10:05 AM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="auto">That's total BS Bob.
        <div dir="auto">The "cogs" are really just there to eliminate
          stress in the belt as it curves around pulleys. </div>
        <div dir="auto">A "V" belt must ride on its side faces without
          the inside surface bottoming out in any pulley.</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">M</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 12:58
          p.m. Bob Spidell, &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div> It was suggested to me that the cogged belt is <i>designed
            </i>to grab the bottom of the pulley, instead of the sides.
            This makes some sense, any industrial engineers know the
            'theory' on this.<br>
            <br>
            One thing is for sure, the cogged belt "don't <i>look</i>
            'right,'" at least not compared to original.<br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <div>On 10/17/2021 8:13 AM, Michael Salter wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div dir="auto">As I recall the original belt for a 100 is
                a Ferodo V161.
                <div dir="auto"> I have been using a B-45 Gates belts
                  which sit a little lower in the pulley but don't
                  contact the bottom of the pulley groove.</div>
                <div dir="auto"><a
                    href="https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b45-belt.html"
                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.biedlers-belts.com/gates-b45-belt.html</a><br>
                </div>
                <div dir="auto"><br>
                </div>
                <div dir="auto">M</div>
                <div dir="auto"><br>
                </div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <div class="gmail_quote">
                <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun., Oct. 17,
                  2021, 10:16 a.m. David P via Healeys, &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noreferrer
                    noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                </div>
                <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                  .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                  <div>
                    <p>Gates belts has a belt for industrial equipment
                      (non automotive) that is an excellent copy of the
                      original. Unfortunately I don't remember the part
                      number.. (gets worse with age). I found it
                      googling their web pages.. B1 kinda rings a bell..
                      happy hunting.  DP <br>
                    </p>
                    <div>On 10/17/2021 8:01 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:<br>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote type="cite"> I'm going to return it,
                      with '8x10 colored glossy photographs.'<br>
                      <br>
                      <br>
                      <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer"
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
                        wrote:<br>
                      </div>
                      <blockquote type="cite">
                        <div style="color:black;font:12pt Comic Sans
                          MS,sans-serif">Bob,
                          <div>The way the vendors find out about an
                            issue is if the customer tells them.  You
                            should forward your message to Moss.</div>
                          <div>Gary Hodson<br>
                            <br>
                            <br>
                            <div
                              style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
                                size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                                From: Bob Spidell <a
                                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                  rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer"
                                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                                To: Healeys <a
                                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                  rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer"
                                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                                Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                                Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                                <br>
                                <div
id="m_7365777734488803444m_-8497860751573058673m_2714273202460204982yiv8575284951">
                                  <div> I finally got around to fixing
                                    my loose water pump pulley and
                                    installing a new fan belt. I ordered
                                    a 'cogged' belt from Moss--part#
                                    021-966--thinking it might work
                                    better than the original slab of
                                    rubber. I noticed before installing
                                    that it was narrower than the
                                    original type that I'd had, which
                                    had rotted, but it looked like it
                                    would work. Once I started
                                    tensioning it however, it was clear
                                    it <i>might </i>work, but sat too
                                    low in the pulleys, and was
                                    essentially riding on the bottom of
                                    the pulley grooves instead of on the
                                    sides (and the angle of the sides of
                                    the belt was incorrect). Anyone else
                                    tried one of these?<br>
                                    <br>
                                    I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA',
                                    that a vendor would sell something
                                    that could possibly work, but isn't
                                    truly correct.<br>
                                    <br>
                                    bs<br>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </font><br>
                            </div>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </blockquote>
                      <br>
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------33561D522FF6096B0A568741--

--===============4792938127654867374==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4792938127654867374==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 10:23:20 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4510044447475247836==
 boundary="------------09E19C3346F0B693F21E7609"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------09E19C3346F0B693F21E7609
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Can't find Ferodo V161; closest I found is VS1016 (cogged).

>>>     something that could possibly work, but isn't truly correct.

--------------09E19C3346F0B693F21E7609
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    Can't find Ferodo V161; closest I found is VS1016 (cogged).<br>

--------------09E19C3346F0B693F21E7609--

--===============4510044447475247836==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4510044447475247836==--

---

From: Michael Oritt via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:35:33 -0400

--000000000000b37b6d05ce8fdb42

--000000000000b37b6a05ce8fdb40

Bob/All--

Attached find a photo of what little of the "Belt Buddy" which is visible
from above the big alternator I have mounted.  Installing the adjuster will
require your either loosening or temporarily dismounting your
generator/alternator but once you have things in place belt tensioning is a
piece of cake.  You'll no longer have to lever out the generator with a big
screw driver or the like, putting the mounting bolts in shear--merely put a
socket or ratcheting wrench on the bolt head which projects from the blue
piece and crank away.

Best--Michael Oritt

-- 
Best--Michael

--000000000000b37b6a05ce8fdb40
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Bob/A=
ll--</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Attached find a photo of=
 what little of the &quot;Belt Buddy&quot; which is visible from above the =
big alternator I have mounted.=C2=A0 Installing the adjuster will require y=
our either=C2=A0loosening or temporarily dismounting your generator/alterna=
tor but once you have things in place belt tensioning is a piece of cake.=
=C2=A0 You&#39;ll no longer have to lever out the generator with a big scre=
w driver or the like, putting the mounting=C2=A0bolts in shear--merely put =
a socket or ratcheting wrench on the bolt head=C2=A0which projects from the=
 blue piece and crank away.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"colo=
r:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">B=
est--Michael Oritt</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"lt=
r" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 11:55 AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
t</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin=
:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"=
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    Hmmmmm ... looks like a good idea, got any photos of it installed
    (not a lot of wiggle room between pulleys)?<br>
    <br>
    <div>On 10/17/2021 8:04 AM, Michael Oritt
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"ltr">
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)">Bob--</=
div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)">After y=
ou get
          the proper fan belt consider installing one of these:</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><a href=
=3D"https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-Adjustment/dp/B00TUN=
IALY" target=3D"_blank">https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-=
Adjustment/dp/B00TUNIALY</a><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)">The ini=
tial
          installation of the unit is a bit intense but once you have it
          in place tensioning the belt is a piece of cake.=C2=A0</div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
        </div>
        <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)">Best--M=
ichael
          Oritt</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 10:06
          AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex=
;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div> I&#39;m going to return it, with &#39;8x10 colored glossy
            photographs.&#39;<br>
            <br>
            <br>
            <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
m" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type=3D"cite">
              <div>Bob,
                <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue is if
                  the customer tells them.=C2=A0 You should forward your
                  message to Moss.</div>
                <div>Gary Hodson<br>
                  <br>
                  <br>
                  <div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;=
color:black"><font size=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                      From: Bob Spidell <a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.=
net" target=3D"_blank">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                      To: Healeys <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
 target=3D"_blank">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                      Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                      Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                      <br>
                      <div id=3D"gmail-m_-3876260530070171744gmail-m_472726=
672988845412gmail-m_-295386182857240023yiv8575284951">
                        <div> I finally got around to fixing my loose
                          water pump pulley and installing a new fan
                          belt. I ordered a &#39;cogged&#39; belt from
                          Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work
                          better than the original slab of rubber. I
                          noticed before installing that it was narrower
                          than the original type that I&#39;d had, which ha=
d
                          rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once
                          I started tensioning it however, it was clear
                          it <i>might </i>work, but sat too low in the
                          pulleys, and was essentially riding on the
                          bottom of the pulley grooves instead of on the
                          sides (and the angle of the sides of the belt
                          was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of
                          these?<br>
                          <br>
                          I&#39;m shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA&#39;, that a v=
endor
                          would sell something that could possibly work,
                          but isn&#39;t truly correct.<br>
                          <br>
                          bs<br>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                    </font><br>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
            <br>
          </div>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

><font color=3D"#3333ff">Best--Michael</font></div>

--000000000000b37b6a05ce8fdb40--

--000000000000b37b6d05ce8fdb42
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="adjuster.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_kuvi3s7v0>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--000000000000b37b6d05ce8fdb42
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--000000000000b37b6d05ce8fdb42--

---

From: Michael Oritt via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 16:55:54 -0400

--===============7478209681557886997==

--000000000000300b0205ce92a81f

I should have mentioned two other things in my earlier post re the Balmar
Belt Buddy:

First, there are actually two parts that can be purchased either together
or separately:  An adjustment arm, which increases the range of that
offered by most "stock" arms including that in our Healeys, and; the
tensioner unit which permits one to increase/decrease belt tension by
tightening a bolt versus having to loosen and lever out the
alternator/generator.

Secondly, your google search of "Belt Buddy" will probably also show
something to use on* your pants*----actually called a BeltBro--which has
nothing to do with cars.

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 1:35 PM Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> The initial installation of the unit is a bit intense but once you have
>> it in place tensioning the belt is a piece of cake.
>>
>> Best--Michael Oritt
>>

-- 
Best--Michael

--000000000000300b0205ce92a81f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">I sho=
uld have mentioned two other things in my earlier post re the Balmar Belt B=
uddy:</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><=
div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">First, there are actual=
ly two parts that can be purchased either together or separately:=C2=A0 An =
adjustment arm, which increases the range of that offered by most &quot;sto=
ck&quot; arms including that in our Healeys, and; the tensioner unit which =
permits one to increase/decrease belt tension by tightening a bolt versus h=
aving to loosen and lever out the alternator/generator.</div><div class=3D"=
gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_defaul=
t" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Secondly, your google search of &quot;Belt Buddy=
&quot; will probably also show something to use on<i>=C2=A0your pants</i>--=
--actually called=C2=A0a BeltBro--which has nothing to do with cars.</div><=
div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div></div><br><di=
v class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 1=
7, 2021 at 1:35 PM Michael Oritt &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:michael.oritt@gmail.=
com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"g=
mail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204=
,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" s=
tyle=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)">Bob/All--</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" s=
tyle=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=
=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)">Attached find a photo of what little of the &quot=
;Belt Buddy&quot; which is visible from above the big alternator I have mou=
nted.=C2=A0 Installing the adjuster will require your either=C2=A0loosening=
 or temporarily dismounting your generator/alternator but once you have thi=
ngs in place belt tensioning is a piece of cake.=C2=A0 You&#39;ll no longer=
 have to lever out the generator with a big screw driver or the like, putti=
ng the mounting=C2=A0bolts in shear--merely put a socket or ratcheting wren=
ch on the bolt head=C2=A0which projects from the blue piece and crank away.=
</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br></div=
><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)">Best--Michael =
Oritt</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"g=
mail_attr">On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 11:55 AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wro=
te:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px =
                      <div id=3D"gmail-m_6487008644769393391gmail-m_-387626=
0530070171744gmail-m_472726672988845412gmail-m_-295386182857240023yiv857528=
4951">

--000000000000300b0205ce92a81f--

--===============7478209681557886997==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7478209681557886997==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 15:09:22 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3152030865781693800==
 boundary="------------ED2A3AACF7896E063DC4011D"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------ED2A3AACF7896E063DC4011D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Thanks, Michael. I'll add it to my list of projects.

Bob

On 10/17/2021 10:35 AM, Michael Oritt wrote:
> Bob/All--
>
> Attached find a photo of what little of the "Belt Buddy" which is 
> visible from above the big alternator I have mounted.  Installing the 
> adjuster will require your either loosening or temporarily dismounting 
> your generator/alternator but once you have things in place belt 
> tensioning is a piece of cake.  You'll no longer have to lever out the 
> generator with a big screw driver or the like, putting the 
> mounting bolts in shear--merely put a socket or ratcheting wrench on 
> the bolt head which projects from the blue piece and crank away.
>
> Best--Michael Oritt
>
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 11:55 AM Bob Spidell <[email-masked] 
>
>     (not a lot of wiggle room between pulleys)?
>
>>     The initial installation of the unit is a bit intense but once
>>     you have it in place tensioning the belt is a piece of cake.
>>
>>     Best--Michael Oritt
>>
>>     On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 10:06 AM Bob Spidell
>>
>>>         from Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work better than
>>>         the original slab of rubber. I noticed before installing
>>>         that it was narrower than the original type that I'd had,
>>>         which had rotted, but it looked like it would work. Once I
>>>         started tensioning it however, it was clear it /might /work,
>>>         but sat too low in the pulleys, and was essentially riding
>>>         on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead of on the sides
>>>         (and the angle of the sides of the belt was incorrect).
>>>         Anyone else tried one of these?
>>>

--------------ED2A3AACF7896E063DC4011D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Thanks, Michael. I'll add it to my list of projects.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/17/2021 10:35 AM, Michael Oritt
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">Bob/All--</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">Attached find a
          photo of what little of the "Belt Buddy" which is visible from
          above the big alternator I have mounted.  Installing the
          adjuster will require your either loosening or temporarily
          dismounting your generator/alternator but once you have things
          in place belt tensioning is a piece of cake.  You'll no longer
          have to lever out the generator with a big screw driver or the
          like, putting the mounting bolts in shear--merely put a socket
          or ratcheting wrench on the bolt head which projects from the
          blue piece and crank away.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">Best--Michael
          Oritt</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 11:55
          AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div> Hmmmmm ... looks like a good idea, got any photos of it
            installed (not a lot of wiggle room between pulleys)?<br>
            <br>
            <div>On 10/17/2021 8:04 AM, Michael Oritt wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div dir="ltr">
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">Bob--</div>
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">After
                  you get the proper fan belt consider installing one of
                  these:</div>
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><a
href="https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-Adjustment/dp/B00TUNIALY"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.amazon.com/Balmar-Belt-Buddy-Universal-Adjustment/dp/B00TUNIALY</a><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">The
                  initial installation of the unit is a bit intense but
                  once you have it in place tensioning the belt is a
                  piece of cake. </div>
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                </div>
                <div class="gmail_default" style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">Best--Michael
                  Oritt</div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <div class="gmail_quote">
                <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 17, 2021
                  at 10:06 AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                </div>
                <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px
                  0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                  rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                  <div> I'm going to return it, with '8x10 colored
                    glossy photographs.'<br>
                    <br>
                    <br>
                    <div>On 10/17/2021 6:43 AM, <a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
                      wrote:<br>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote type="cite">
                      <div>Bob,
                        <div>The way the vendors find out about an issue
                          is if the customer tells them.  You should
                          forward your message to Moss.</div>
                        <div>Gary Hodson<br>
                          <br>
                          <br>
                          <div
                            style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
                              size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                              From: Bob Spidell <a
                                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                              To: Healeys <a
                                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                              Sent: Sat, Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm<br>
                              Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt<br>
                              <br>
                              <div
id="gmail-m_-3876260530070171744gmail-m_472726672988845412gmail-m_-295386182857240023yiv8575284951">
                                <div> I finally got around to fixing my
                                  loose water pump pulley and installing
                                  a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged'
                                  belt from Moss--part#
                                  021-966--thinking it might work better
                                  than the original slab of rubber. I
                                  noticed before installing that it was
                                  narrower than the original type that
                                  I'd had, which had rotted, but it
                                  looked like it would work. Once I
                                  started tensioning it however, it was
                                  clear it <i>might </i>work, but sat
                                  too low in the pulleys, and was
                                  essentially riding on the bottom of
                                  the pulley grooves instead of on the
                                  sides (and the angle of the sides of
                                  the belt was incorrect). Anyone else
                                  tried one of these?<br>
                                  <br>
                                  I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that
                                  a vendor would sell something that
                                  could possibly work, but isn't truly
                                  correct.<br>
                                  <br>
                                  bs<br>
                                </div>
                              </div>
                            </font><br>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                    </blockquote>
                    <br>
                  </div>
                  <br>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
            <br>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br clear="all">
      <div><br>
      </div>
      -- <br>
      <div dir="ltr"><font color="#3333ff">Best--Michael</font></div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------ED2A3AACF7896E063DC4011D--

--===============3152030865781693800==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3152030865781693800==--

---

From: Alan Seigrist via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 10:24:47 +0800

--===============2483928986313169497==

--00000000000061cff705ce9740df

Actually for these I get the machinery/tractor belts made by Mitsuboshi.
Mitsuboshi RECMF-8440 is a perfect fit toothed belt on the 100.  It sits
very loose on the pulley and grips very nicely.

Best,

Alan

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 8:53 AM Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--00000000000061cff705ce9740df
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Actually for these I get the machinery/tractor belts made =
by Mitsuboshi.=C2=A0 Mitsuboshi RECMF-8440 is a perfect fit toothed belt on=
 the 100.=C2=A0 It sits very loose on the pulley and grips very nicely.<div=
><br></div><div>Best,</div><div><br></div><div>Alan</div></div><br><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 17, 20=
21 at 8:53 AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">bspid=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" s=
tyle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);pad=
ding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
  <div>
    I finally got around to fixing my loose water pump pulley and
    installing a new fan belt. I ordered a &#39;cogged&#39; belt from
    Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work better than the original
    slab of rubber. I noticed before installing that it was narrower
    than the original type that I&#39;d had, which had rotted, but it looke=
d
    like it would work. Once I started tensioning it however, it was
    clear it <i>might </i>work, but sat too low in the pulleys, and
    was essentially riding on the bottom of the pulley grooves instead
    of on the sides (and the angle of the sides of the belt was
    incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?<br>
    <br>
    I&#39;m shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA&#39;, that a vendor would sell somet=
hing
    that could possibly work, but isn&#39;t truly correct.<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
  </div>

s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000061cff705ce9740df--

--===============2483928986313169497==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2483928986313169497==--

---

From: Harold Manifold via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 10:15:42 -0700

--_9E62F238-75BC-4B5C-BC9F-BCFC2A49806C_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:sc=
hemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/of=
fice/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta ht=
tp-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta name=
=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D=
'word-wrap:break-word'><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Here =
is some information to help determine if you have the right sized belt. V b=
elts can be cogged or smooth but what is more important is they are the rig=
ht width and length. Most automotive V belts have a standard angle and the =
width is determined by the pulley dimensions. I have a BT7 and only have in=
formation about it. The pulley size is SAE 0.380 (10A Metric Size). The cor=
rect standard belt top width for this pulley size is 13/32=E2=80=9D (0.41=
=E2=80=9D) or 10mm. To check if the belt on your car is the right size visu=
ally estimating the =E2=80=9CRide Out=E2=80=9D is a good way. Ride out is t=
he amount of the belt that is above the outer diameter of the pulley. The R=
ide Out dimension and tolerance for a SAE 0.380 pulley is 0.060 +/- 0.045. =
In simple terms between just above the pulley and just under an 1/8=E2=80=
=9D.</p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Usin=
g a belt table a Gates 7435 AUTO V-BELT XL should be pretty close for a BT7=
. I would be interested to know if anyone has experience with the Gates 743=
5 belt.</p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>H=
arold<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div style=3D=
'mso-element:para-border-div;border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;pad=
ding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'border:none;padding:0=
in'><b>From: </b><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Alan Seigrist vi=
a Healeys</a><br><b>Sent: </b>Sunday, October 17, 2021 7:26 PM<br><b>To: </=
b><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Bob Spidell</a><br><b>Cc: </b><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Healeys</a><br><b>Subject: </b>Re: [=
Healeys] BN2 Fan Belt</p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><d=
iv><p class=3DMsoNormal>Actually for these I get the machinery/tractor belt=
s made by Mitsuboshi.&nbsp; Mitsuboshi RECMF-8440 is a perfect fit toothed =
belt on the 100.&nbsp; It sits very loose on the pulley and grips very nice=
ly.</p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=
=3DMsoNormal>Best,</p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>=
</div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Alan</p></div></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><o=
:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 8=
:53 AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">bspidell@com=
cast.net</a>&gt; wrote:</p></div><blockquote style=3D'border:none;border-le=
ft:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-r=
ight:0in'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I finally got around to fixing my loose=
 water pump pulley and installing a new fan belt. I ordered a 'cogged' belt=
 from Moss--part# 021-966--thinking it might work better than the original =
slab of rubber. I noticed before installing that it was narrower than the o=
riginal type that I'd had, which had rotted, but it looked like it would wo=
rk. Once I started tensioning it however, it was clear it <i>might </i>work=
, but sat too low in the pulleys, and was essentially riding on the bottom =
of the pulley grooves instead of on the sides (and the angle of the sides o=
f the belt was incorrect). Anyone else tried one of these?<br><br>I'm shock=
ed, SHOCKED I TELL YA', that a vendor would sell something that could possi=
bly work, but isn't truly correct.<br><br>bs</p></div></blockquote></div><p=
 class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-=
bottom:12.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http:=
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br=
><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.=
team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">ht=
tp://autox.team.net/archive</a><br><br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
.net">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailma=
n/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/hea=
leys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/he=
[email-masked]</a></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><=
/body></html>=

--_9E62F238-75BC-4B5C-BC9F-BCFC2A49806C_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="V Belt Pulley Dimensions.jpg"

--_9E62F238-75BC-4B5C-BC9F-BCFC2A49806C_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--_9E62F238-75BC-4B5C-BC9F-BCFC2A49806C_--