Subject: [Healeys] Reverse shifter spring and plunger.

From: Tom Felts via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 11:49:39 -0400 (EDT)

--===============7317039917943078170==
	boundary="=_761fdf4c-1d6f-469e-ace4-9f7f4bec1683"

--=_761fdf4c-1d6f-469e-ace4-9f7f4bec1683
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

BJ8 tranny reverse shifter spring and plunger. If these need replacement, how involved is it to do----any tutorials available---anyone ever done this who can comment?Thankstom
--=_761fdf4c-1d6f-469e-ace4-9f7f4bec1683
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style></head><body><div><br><br>BJ8 tranny reverse shifter spring and plunger. If these need replacement, how involved is it to do----any tutorials available---anyone ever done this who can comment?</div><div><br data-mce-bogus="1"></div><div>Thanks</div><div>tom</div></body></html>
--=_761fdf4c-1d6f-469e-ace4-9f7f4bec1683--

--===============7317039917943078170==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7317039917943078170==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 11:15:25 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------0B18C47AB9B50181F55A0403
 boundary="------------6558263C28EE588B1AF4E3B9"

--------------6558263C28EE588B1AF4E3B9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Haven't done it myself; but I'll offer my take anyway:

I can't see how you could do it without removing the shift fork, which 
requires removing the gearbox* (although you MAY not need to separate if 
from the O/D). Moss catalog shows the plunger and spring, and a detent 
plunger and spring. I can't tell from (my) photo how the detent plunger 
is retained, but it could be problematic; e.g. it might involve 
drilling. I've never even heard of someone doing this; the photo is my 
gearbox after a rebuild at 205K miles, and the spring and plunger were 
fine. What kind of damage do you see/suspect?

I'd call either, or both, David Nock or/and Tom Monaco and see what they 
say; else if you have a local transmission shop they might be able to 
offer advice.

Bob

* there are some critical 'nuances' WRT getting the gearbox back 
together; check back if you decide to tackle this.

On 10/18/2021 8:49 AM, Tom Felts via Healeys wrote:
>
>
> BJ8 tranny reverse shifter spring and plunger. If these need 
> replacement, how involved is it to do----any tutorials 
> available---anyone ever done this who can comment?
>
> Thanks
> tom
>

--------------6558263C28EE588B1AF4E3B9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Haven't done it myself; but I'll offer my take anyway:<br>
    <br>
    I can't see how you could do it without removing the shift fork,
    which requires removing the gearbox* (although you MAY not need to
    separate if from the O/D). Moss catalog shows the plunger and
    spring, and a detent plunger and spring. I can't tell from (my)
    photo how the detent plunger is retained, but it could be
    problematic; e.g. it might involve drilling. I've never even heard
    of someone doing this; the photo is my gearbox after a rebuild at
    205K miles, and the spring and plunger were fine. What kind of
    damage do you see/suspect?<br>
    <br>
    I'd call either, or both, David Nock or/and Tom Monaco and see what
    they say; else if you have a local transmission shop they might be
    able to offer advice.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    * there are some critical 'nuances' WRT getting the gearbox back
    together; check back if you decide to tackle this.<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/18/2021 8:49 AM, Tom Felts via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style>body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style>
      <div><br>
        <br>
        BJ8 tranny reverse shifter spring and plunger. If these need
        replacement, how involved is it to do----any tutorials
        available---anyone ever done this who can comment?</div>
      <div><br data-mce-bogus="1">
      </div>
      <div>Thanks</div>
      <div>tom</div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------6558263C28EE588B1AF4E3B9--

--------------0B18C47AB9B50181F55A0403
 name="Gearbox.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="Gearbox.JPG"

--------------0B18C47AB9B50181F55A0403
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------0B18C47AB9B50181F55A0403--