Subject: [Healeys] 100 Rear Springs

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:25:24 -0400

--===============5429405058805891416==

--00000000000050cdca05cee10594

As is so common with "offshore " products I'm having ongoing problems with
the currently available rear springs, in particular those for the 100.
It seems that all the usual suspects source these from the same
manufacturer in India and it is my suspicion that these are made from
substandard steel.
Typically leaf springs are made from 5160 steel which is incredibly
resistant to deformation and fatigue. I don't have facilities to determine
what steel is used to make these springs but it certainly isn't 5160!!
Has anyone found a source for rear springs which last more than a few years?

M

--00000000000050cdca05cee10594
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">As is so common with &quot;offshore &quot; products I&#39=
;m having ongoing problems with the currently available rear springs, in pa=
rticular those for the 100.<div dir=3D"auto">It seems that all the usual su=
spects source these from the same manufacturer in India and it is my suspic=
ion that these are made from substandard steel.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto=
">Typically leaf springs are made from 5160 steel which is incredibly resis=
tant to deformation and fatigue. I don&#39;t have facilities to determine w=
hat steel is used to make these springs but it certainly isn&#39;t 5160!!</=
div><div dir=3D"auto">Has anyone found a source for rear springs which last=
 more than a few years?</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">=
M</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div></div>

--00000000000050cdca05cee10594--

--===============5429405058805891416==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5429405058805891416==--