Subject: Re: [Healeys] Copiglia band clamps

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:54:57 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3518678532525001104==
 boundary="------------9CC5C344B2279A2C8D3CFDFE"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------9CC5C344B2279A2C8D3CFDFE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Both this car and the BaT car have radiator hoses that appear to be 
wrapped with a cloth-like material. I've never seen seen them sold 
anywhere; they must be unique to 100s?

On 10/21/2021 9:08 PM, Mark Donaldson wrote:
>
> Bob,
>
> I have some of those clips, generically called ‘band clamps’. 
> *Jubilee* clamps are a brand on their own, and not the same.
>
> Some 40 years ago I visited Stephen Griswold’s restoration shop. They 
> knew them only as ‘Italian’ clips.  But they are more correctly known 
> a *Copiglia band clamps*.
>
> They are used a lot on Alfa-Romeos but, a Ferrari-owning friends tells 
> me, not on Ferraris.
>
> I have a bunch of them on my shelf.
>
> The only Hundred I’ve seen them on is Roger Moment’s, when I last saw 
> it in 2008 – photo below.   I thought they were fitted only to the 
> early BN1s.  Curt: am I correct?
>
> Mark
>
> Ardmore
>
> New Zealand
>
> *From:*Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
> *Sent:* Thursday, 21 October 2021 6:21 AM
> *To:* Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
> *Cc:* Healey List <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] Bring A Trailer
>
> First cockpit trim piece I've seen with a groove; was this an option, 
> or maybe an aftermarket piece (note the groove is apparent in the 
> fourth photo on the listing; subsequent photos appear to be 
> different)?  Here's my M's trim piece; AFAIK this is original, 
> verified as 'Registry Certified' by the M Registry* and, of course, 
> the BMIHT cert. Interesting this has a recent (September) BMIHT cert; 
> looks like they've changed the wording for 'M' confirmation (my much 
> earlier cert just implies this is an M car because of the 'louvred' 
> bonnet). Beautiful car to be sure.
>
> I have the same radiator hose clamps; this is the only other car I've 
> seen with them; are they correct? I had a long 'conversation' with 
> Rich Chrysler over these, but to this day I'm not sure if we were on 
> the same page. IIRC, he called them 'Jubilee clamps,' but I think 
> those are the screw-on type. One thing's for sure: they will be a 
> royal PITA if I ever have to replace the hoses.
>
> Bob
>
> * I realize this is not the canonical source, but AFAIK it's the most 
> comprehensive database available (unfortunately, probably not as 
> reliable as Steve's BJ8 database). Bill requires various 'proof' items 
> for 'Registry Certification,' like proper stamped numbers on trim 
> pieces, the boot prop, etc. and the hand-scribed notations on the 
> carbs and, I think, the distributor (though they may be stamped). Note 
> I'm not interested in disputing /anybody's /car's authenticity; my dad 
> and I made reasonable efforts to keep our car as original as possible, 
> but I insisted on some maintainabilty/drivability mods (K&N air 
> filter, Pertronix). I am, slowly, trying to address some of the 
> incorrect things (like the LH side windshield post bolt).
>
> On 10/20/2021 8:39 AM, Curtis Arndt wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I am familiar with this car, restored by Forever Healeys in Post
>     Falls ID. West coast car that I don't believe as ANYTHING to do
>     with Wayne Carini.
>
>     I believe that I judged this car Concours Gold several years ago.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Curt
>
>     On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 7:30 AM Bob Spidell <[email-masked]
>
>         I think it's been 'around the horn' a few times; I've seen
>         what appears to be the same car--black/red wasn't a common
>         color AFAIK--for sale at a couple places over the last few years.
>
>         IIRC the 'barn find' Wayne Carini of 'Chasing Classic Cars'
>         brokered for a family was black/red; I wonder if it's the same
>         car (IIRC, it went for around $200K after a 'mild' resto).
>
>         Bob
>
>         On 10/20/2021 6:04 AM, Jean Caron wrote:
>
>             This factory 100M should bring top dollars, excellent
>             restoration by a well know restorer of the marque and
>             unlike the last car that claimed to be a 100M on BAT, this
>             one has all the legitimate paperwork to show it’s provenance.
>
>             Jean
>
>             Sent from Mail
>             <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows
>
>             *From: *Bob Haskell via Healeys
>             *Sent: *October 20, 2021 7:50 AM
>             *Subject: *[Healeys] Bring A Trailer
>
>             A couple items of interest on Bring a Trailer this morning:
>
>             10 questions for HealeyRick:
>             https://bringatrailer.com/2021/10/19/10-questions-with-healeyrick/
>             <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbringatrailer.com%2F2021%2F10%2F19%2F10-questions-with-healeyrick%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C0b736de16dcc4060471408d993c827c9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637703310140226425%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=DfoOk4DAgCCErSzfNjcDlkRrZGLrh5xI24eg8364%2Foo%3D&reserved=0>
>             1956 100-M no reserve auction:
>             https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1956-austin-healey-100m-bn2-roadster-11/
>             <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbringatrailer.com%2Flisting%2F1956-austin-healey-100m-bn2-roadster-11%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C0b736de16dcc4060471408d993c827c9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637703310140226425%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=ZjWpMy6uYDXd2M8OTG8egqjhKSAqpmS3a%2FvIQOtAaXA%3D&reserved=0>
>
>               
>
>             Cheers,
>
>               
>
>             Bob Haskell
>
>             Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar
>
>
>
>             _______________________________________________
>
>             Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html  <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>
>             Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
>             Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>  http://autox.team.net/archive  <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>
>
>             http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys  <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
>             Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]  <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>
>         _______________________________________________
>         Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>         <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>         Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
>         Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>         <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>         http://autox.team.net/archive <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>
>         http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
>         Unsubscribe/Manage:
>         http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>         <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>

--------------9CC5C344B2279A2C8D3CFDFE
 boundary="------------B20F264CDF692C2D24E36FD1"

--------------B20F264CDF692C2D24E36FD1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Both this car and the BaT car have radiator hoses that appear to be
    wrapped with a cloth-like material. I've never seen seen them sold
    anywhere; they must be unique to 100s?<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/21/2021 9:08 PM, Mark Donaldson
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]-->
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New",serif;}span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;}span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">Bob,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">I
            have some of those clips, generically called ‘band clamps’. 
             <b>Jubilee</b> clamps are a brand on their own, and not the
            same.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">Some
            40 years ago I visited Stephen Griswold’s restoration shop. 
            They knew them only as ‘Italian’ clips.  But they are more
            correctly known a <b>Copiglia band clamps</b>.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">They
            are used a lot on Alfa-Romeos but, a Ferrari-owning friends
            tells me, not on Ferraris.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">I
            have a bunch of them on my shelf.  <o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">The
            only Hundred I’ve seen them on is Roger Moment’s, when I
            last saw it in 2008 – photo below.   I thought they were
            fitted only to the early BN1s.  Curt: am I correct?<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">Mark<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">Ardmore<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">New
            Zealand<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><img
              style="width:6.2916in;height:3.8333in"
              id="Picture_x0020_1"
              src="cid:[email-masked]" class=""
              width="604" height="368"></span><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">         
            <img style="width:5.0833in;height:3.8083in"
              id="Picture_x0020_2"
              src="cid:[email-masked]" class=""
              width="488" height="366"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><img
              style="width:6.3333in;height:4.75in" id="Picture_x0020_3"
              src="cid:[email-masked]" class=""
              width="608" height="456"></span><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US">        
            <img style="width:7.1333in;height:4.7583in"
              id="Picture_x0020_6"
              src="cid:[email-masked]" class=""
              width="685" height="457"> <o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span lang="EN-US">From:</span></b><span
                lang="EN-US"> Bob Spidell <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Thursday, 21 October 2021 6:21 AM<br>
                <b>To:</b> Curtis Arndt <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                <b>Cc:</b> Healey List <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Bring A Trailer<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">First cockpit
          trim piece I've seen with a groove; was this an option, or
          maybe an aftermarket piece (note the groove is apparent in the
          fourth photo on the listing; subsequent photos appear to be
          different)?  Here's my M's trim piece; AFAIK this is original,
          verified as 'Registry Certified' by the M Registry* and, of
          course, the BMIHT cert. Interesting this has a recent
          (September) BMIHT cert; looks like they've changed the wording
          for 'M' confirmation (my much earlier cert just implies this
          is an M car because of the 'louvred' bonnet). Beautiful car to
          be sure.<br>
          <br>
          <span style="background:yellow;mso-highlight:yellow">I have
            the same radiator hose clamps; this is the only other car
            I've seen with them; are they correct? I had a long
            'conversation' with Rich Chrysler over these, but to this
            day I'm not sure if we were on the same page. IIRC, he
            called them 'Jubilee clamps,' but I think those are the
            screw-on type. One thing's for sure: they will be a royal
            PITA if I ever have to replace the hoses.</span><br>
          <br>
          Bob<br>
          <br>
          * I realize this is not the canonical source, but AFAIK it's
          the most comprehensive database available (unfortunately,
          probably not as reliable as Steve's BJ8 database). Bill
          requires various 'proof' items for 'Registry Certification,'
          like proper stamped numbers on trim pieces, the boot prop,
          etc. and the hand-scribed notations on the carbs and, I think,
          the distributor (though they may be stamped). Note I'm not
          interested in disputing <i>anybody's </i>car's authenticity;
          my dad and I made reasonable efforts to keep our car as
          original as possible, but I insisted on some
          maintainabilty/drivability mods (K&amp;N air filter,
          Pertronix). I am, slowly, trying to address some of the
          incorrect things (like the LH side windshield post bolt).<br>
          <br>
          <o:p></o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">On 10/20/2021 8:39 AM, Curtis Arndt
            wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal">Hi all, <o:p></o:p></p>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">I am familiar with this car, restored
                by Forever Healeys in Post Falls ID. West coast car that
                I don't believe as ANYTHING to do with Wayne Carini.  <o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">I believe that I judged this car
                Concours Gold several years ago.<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">Cheers,<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">Curt<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
          </div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
          <div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 7:30 AM Bob
                Spidell &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
            <blockquote style="border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC
              1.0pt;padding:0cm 0cm 0cm
              6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0cm">
              <div>
                <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">I
                  think it's been 'around the horn' a few times; I've
                  seen what appears to be the same car--black/red wasn't
                  a common color AFAIK--for sale at a couple places over
                  the last few years.<br>
                  <br>
                  IIRC the 'barn find' Wayne Carini of 'Chasing Classic
                  Cars' brokered for a family was black/red; I wonder if
                  it's the same car (IIRC, it went for around $200K
                  after a 'mild' resto).<br>
                  <br>
                  Bob<o:p></o:p></p>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal">On 10/20/2021 6:04 AM, Jean Caron
                    wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
                </div>
                <blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto">This
                      factory 100M should bring top dollars, excellent
                      restoration by a well know restorer of the marque
                      and unlike the last car that claimed to be a 100M
                      on BAT, this one has all the legitimate paperwork
                      to show it’s provenance.<o:p></o:p></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"> <o:p></o:p></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto">Jean<o:p></o:p></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"> <o:p></o:p></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto">Sent
                      from <a
                        href="https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">Mail</a>
                      for Windows<o:p></o:p></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"> <o:p></o:p></p>
                    <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
                      1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm">
                      <p class="MsoNormal"
                        style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><b>From:
                        </b><a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">Bob
                          Haskell via Healeys</a><br>
                        <b>Sent: </b>October 20, 2021 7:50 AM<br>
                        <b>To: </b><a
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">Healey
                          List</a><br>
                        <b>Subject: </b>[Healeys] Bring A Trailer<o:p></o:p></p>
                    </div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"> <o:p></o:p></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;margin-bottom:12.0pt">A
                      couple items of interest on Bring a Trailer this
                      morning:<br>
                      <br>
                      10 questions for HealeyRick: <a
href="https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbringatrailer.com%2F2021%2F10%2F19%2F10-questions-with-healeyrick%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C0b736de16dcc4060471408d993c827c9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637703310140226425%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=DfoOk4DAgCCErSzfNjcDlkRrZGLrh5xI24eg8364%2Foo%3D&amp;reserved=0"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://bringatrailer.com/2021/10/19/10-questions-with-healeyrick/</a><br>
                      1956 100-M no reserve auction: <a
href="https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbringatrailer.com%2Flisting%2F1956-austin-healey-100m-bn2-roadster-11%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C0b736de16dcc4060471408d993c827c9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637703310140226425%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=ZjWpMy6uYDXd2M8OTG8egqjhKSAqpmS3a%2FvIQOtAaXA%3D&amp;reserved=0"
                        target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1956-austin-healey-100m-bn2-roadster-11/</a><o:p></o:p></p>
                    <pre> <o:p></o:p></pre>
                    <pre>Cheers,<o:p></o:p></pre>
                    <pre> <o:p></o:p></pre>
                    <pre>Bob Haskell<o:p></o:p></pre>
                    <pre>Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar<o:p></o:p></pre>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
                      style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Courier New&quot;,serif"> </span><o:p></o:p></p>
                  </div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
                    <br>
                    <o:p></o:p></p>
                  <pre>_______________________________________________<o:p></o:p></pre>
                  <pre>Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
                  <pre>Suggested annual donation  $12.75<o:p></o:p></pre>
                  <pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
                  <pre>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
                  <pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
                  <pre><a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
                  <pre><a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
                  <pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
                  <pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></pre>
                  <pre><o:p> </o:p></pre>
                </blockquote>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
              </div>
              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">_______________________________________________<br>
                Support Team.Net <a
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                <br>
                Archive: <a
                  href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                <br>
                <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                <br>
                Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------B20F264CDF692C2D24E36FD1
 name="image002.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="image002.jpg"

--------------B20F264CDF692C2D24E36FD1
 name="image010.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="image010.jpg"

--------------B20F264CDF692C2D24E36FD1
 name="image011.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="image011.jpg"

--------------B20F264CDF692C2D24E36FD1
 name="image012.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="image012.jpg"

--------------B20F264CDF692C2D24E36FD1--

--------------9CC5C344B2279A2C8D3CFDFE--

--===============3518678532525001104==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3518678532525001104==--

---

From: Mark Donaldson via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 18:02:58 +1300

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3075263144499835309==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0035_01D7C76F.0D5DB020"
Content-Language: en-au

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01D7C76F.0D5DB020
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0036_01D7C76F.0D5DB020"

------=_NextPart_001_0036_01D7C76F.0D5DB020
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I=E2=80=99ve only ever seen those wrapped radiator hoses in photos of =
the very first BN1s, and some A90 Atlantics.   Here again, Curt, you =
being a concours authority, will be able to tell us.

=20

That aside, they don=E2=80=99t look very pretty, do they?  They remind =
me of the puttees that commonwealth soldiers wore in WWI and WWII

=20

Best

Mark

=20

=20

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Friday, 22 October 2021 5:55 PM
To: Mark Donaldson <[email-masked]>; 'Curtis Arndt' =
<[email-masked]>
Cc: 'Healey List' <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Copiglia band clamps

=20

Both this car and the BaT car have radiator hoses that appear to be =
wrapped with a cloth-like material. I've never seen seen them sold =
anywhere; they must be unique to 100s?

Bob,

=20

I have some of those clips, generically called =E2=80=98band =
clamps=E2=80=99.   Jubilee clamps are a brand on their own, and not the =
same.

Some 40 years ago I visited Stephen Griswold=E2=80=99s restoration shop. =
 They knew them only as =E2=80=98Italian=E2=80=99 clips.  But they are =
more correctly known a Copiglia band clamps.

They are used a lot on Alfa-Romeos but, a Ferrari-owning friends tells =
me, not on Ferraris.

I have a bunch of them on my shelf. =20

The only Hundred I=E2=80=99ve seen them on is Roger Moment=E2=80=99s, =
when I last saw it in 2008 =E2=80=93 photo below.   I thought they were =
fitted only to the early BN1s.  Curt: am I correct?

=20

Mark

=20

Ardmore

New Zealand

=20

         =20

=20

=20

         =20

=20

=20

=20

Sent: Thursday, 21 October 2021 6:21 AM
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bring A Trailer

=20

First cockpit trim piece I've seen with a groove; was this an option, or =
maybe an aftermarket piece (note the groove is apparent in the fourth =
photo on the listing; subsequent photos appear to be different)?  Here's =
my M's trim piece; AFAIK this is original, verified as 'Registry =
Certified' by the M Registry* and, of course, the BMIHT cert. =
Interesting this has a recent (September) BMIHT cert; looks like they've =
changed the wording for 'M' confirmation (my much earlier cert just =
implies this is an M car because of the 'louvred' bonnet). Beautiful car =
to be sure.

I have the same radiator hose clamps; this is the only other car I've =
seen with them; are they correct? I had a long 'conversation' with Rich =
Chrysler over these, but to this day I'm not sure if we were on the same =
page. IIRC, he called them 'Jubilee clamps,' but I think those are the =
screw-on type. One thing's for sure: they will be a royal PITA if I ever =
have to replace the hoses.

Bob

* I realize this is not the canonical source, but AFAIK it's the most =
comprehensive database available (unfortunately, probably not as =
reliable as Steve's BJ8 database). Bill requires various 'proof' items =
for 'Registry Certification,' like proper stamped numbers on trim =
pieces, the boot prop, etc. and the hand-scribed notations on the carbs =
and, I think, the distributor (though they may be stamped). Note I'm not =
interested in disputing anybody's car's authenticity; my dad and I made =
reasonable efforts to keep our car as original as possible, but I =
insisted on some maintainabilty/drivability mods (K&N air filter, =
Pertronix). I am, slowly, trying to address some of the incorrect things =
(like the LH side windshield post bolt).

Hi all,=20

=20

I am familiar with this car, restored by Forever Healeys in Post Falls =
ID. West coast car that I don't believe as ANYTHING to do with Wayne =
Carini. =20

=20

=20

Cheers,

=20

Curt

=20

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 7:30 AM Bob Spidell <[email-masked] =

I think it's been 'around the horn' a few times; I've seen what appears =
to be the same car--black/red wasn't a common color AFAIK--for sale at a =
couple places over the last few years.

IIRC the 'barn find' Wayne Carini of 'Chasing Classic Cars' brokered for =
a family was black/red; I wonder if it's the same car (IIRC, it went for =
around $200K after a 'mild' resto).

Bob

This factory 100M should bring top dollars, excellent restoration by a =
well know restorer of the marque and unlike the last car that claimed to =
be a 100M on BAT, this one has all the legitimate paperwork to show =
it=E2=80=99s provenance.

=20

Jean

=20

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D550986>  for =
Windows

=20

Sent: October 20, 2021 7:50 AM
Subject: [Healeys] Bring A Trailer

=20

10 questions for HealeyRick: =
https://bringatrailer.com/2021/10/19/10-questions-with-healeyrick/ =
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fbring=
atrailer.com%2F2021%2F10%2F19%2F10-questions-with-healeyrick%2F&data=3D04=
%7C01%7C%7C0b736de16dcc4060471408d993c827c9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaa=
aaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637703310140226425%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLj=
AwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=3DDfoOk=
4DAgCCErSzfNjcDlkRrZGLrh5xI24eg8364%2Foo%3D&reserved=3D0>=20
1956 100-M no reserve auction: =
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1956-austin-healey-100m-bn2-roadster-11=
/ =
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fbring=
atrailer.com%2Flisting%2F1956-austin-healey-100m-bn2-roadster-11%2F&data=3D=
04%7C01%7C%7C0b736de16dcc4060471408d993c827c9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaa=
aaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637703310140226425%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4w=
LjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=3DZjW=
pMy6uYDXd2M8OTG8egqjhKSAqpmS3a%2FvIQOtAaXA%3D&reserved=3D0>=20

=20
Cheers,
=20
Bob Haskell

=20

_______________________________________________
=20
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive
=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
=20

=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_001_0036_01D7C76F.0D5DB020
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New",serif;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#993366;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-NZ link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;mso-fareast-lan=
guage:EN-US'>I=E2=80=99ve only ever seen those wrapped radiator hoses in =
photos of the very first BN1s, and some A90 Atlantics.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Here =
again, Curt, you being a concours authority, will be able to tell =
us.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;mso-fareast-lan=
guage:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;mso-fareast-lan=
guage:EN-US'>That aside, they don=E2=80=99t look very pretty, do =
they?=C2=A0 They remind me of the puttees that commonwealth soldiers =
wore in WWI and WWII<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;mso-fareast-lan=
guage:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;mso-fareast-lan=
guage:EN-US'>Best<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;mso-fareast-lan=
guage:EN-US'>Mark<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#993366;mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></spa=
n></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#993366;mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><img width=3D310 =
height=3D115 style=3D'width:3.225in;height:1.2in' id=3D"Picture_x0020_5" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></span><span =
style=3D'color:#993366;mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><o:p></o:p></span></p>=
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#993366;mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></spa=
n></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
lang=3DEN-US>From:</span></b><span lang=3DEN-US> Bob Spidell =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, 22 October 2021 =
5:55 PM<br><b>To:</b> Mark Donaldson &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; =
'Curtis Arndt' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> 'Healey List' =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: Copiglia band =
clamps<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Both this car and the BaT car have =
radiator hoses that appear to be wrapped with a cloth-like material. =
I've never seen seen them sold anywhere; they must be unique to =
100s?<br><br><o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On 10/21/2021 9:08 =
PM, Mark Donaldson wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>Bob,</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>I have some of those clips, generically called =E2=80=98band =
clamps=E2=80=99.&nbsp; &nbsp;<b>Jubilee</b> clamps are a brand on their =
own, and not the same.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>Some 40 years ago I visited Stephen Griswold=E2=80=99s =
restoration shop.&nbsp; They knew them only as =E2=80=98Italian=E2=80=99 =
clips.&nbsp; But they are more correctly known a <b>Copiglia band =
clamps</b>.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>They are used a lot on Alfa-Romeos but, a Ferrari-owning =
friends tells me, not on Ferraris.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>I have a bunch of them on my shelf.&nbsp; =
</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>The only Hundred I=E2=80=99ve seen them on is Roger =
Moment=E2=80=99s, when I last saw it in 2008 =E2=80=93 photo =
below.&nbsp;&nbsp; I thought they were fitted only to the early =
BN1s.&nbsp; Curt: am I correct?</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>Mark</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>Ardmore</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>New Zealand</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'><img width=3D604 height=3D368 =
style=3D'width:6.2916in;height:3.8333in' id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></span><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <img =
width=3D488 height=3D366 style=3D'width:5.0833in;height:3.8166in' =
id=3D"Picture_x0020_2" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'><img width=3D608 height=3D456 =
style=3D'width:6.3333in;height:4.75in' id=3D"Picture_x0020_3" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></span><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <img =
width=3D685 height=3D457 style=3D'width:7.1333in;height:4.7583in' =
id=3D"Picture_x0020_6" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p=
 class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif;color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-langua=
ge:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D;mso-fareast-language:EN-US'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:=
p></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
lang=3DEN-US>From:</span></b><span lang=3DEN-US> Bob Spidell <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> =
<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, 21 October 2021 6:21 AM<br><b>To:</b> Curtis =
Arndt <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br><b>C=
c:</b> Healey List <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>=
<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Bring A =
Trailer</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>First cockpit trim piece I've seen with a =
groove; was this an option, or maybe an aftermarket piece (note the =
groove is apparent in the fourth photo on the listing; subsequent photos =
appear to be different)?&nbsp; Here's my M's trim piece; AFAIK this is =
original, verified as 'Registry Certified' by the M Registry* and, of =
course, the BMIHT cert. Interesting this has a recent (September) BMIHT =
cert; looks like they've changed the wording for 'M' confirmation (my =
much earlier cert just implies this is an M car because of the 'louvred' =
bonnet). Beautiful car to be sure.<br><br><span =
style=3D'background:yellow;mso-highlight:yellow'>I have the same =
radiator hose clamps; this is the only other car I've seen with them; =
are they correct? I had a long 'conversation' with Rich Chrysler over =
these, but to this day I'm not sure if we were on the same page. IIRC, =
he called them 'Jubilee clamps,' but I think those are the screw-on =
type. One thing's for sure: they will be a royal PITA if I ever have to =
replace the hoses.</span><br><br>Bob<br><br>* I realize this is not the =
canonical source, but AFAIK it's the most comprehensive database =
available (unfortunately, probably not as reliable as Steve's BJ8 =
database). Bill requires various 'proof' items for 'Registry =
Certification,' like proper stamped numbers on trim pieces, the boot =
prop, etc. and the hand-scribed notations on the carbs and, I think, the =
distributor (though they may be stamped). Note I'm not interested in =
disputing <i>anybody's </i>car's authenticity; my dad and I made =
reasonable efforts to keep our car as original as possible, but I =
insisted on some maintainabilty/drivability mods (K&amp;N air filter, =
Pertronix). I am, slowly, trying to address some of the incorrect things =
(like the LH side windshield post =
bolt).<br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On 10/20/2021 =
8:39 AM, Curtis Arndt wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi all, <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
am familiar with this&nbsp;car, restored by Forever Healeys in Post =
Falls ID. West coast car that I don't believe as ANYTHING to do with =
Wayne Carini.&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
believe that I judged this car Concours Gold several years =
ago.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Cheers,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Curt<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 7:30 AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0cm 0cm 0cm =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0cm;margin-bottom:5=
.0pt'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>I think =
it's been 'around the horn' a few times; I've seen what appears to be =
the same car--black/red wasn't a common color AFAIK--for sale at a =
couple places over the last few years.<br><br>IIRC the 'barn find' Wayne =
Carini of 'Chasing Classic Cars' brokered for a family was black/red; I =
wonder if it's the same car (IIRC, it went for around $200K after a =
'mild' resto).<br><br>Bob<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
10/20/2021 6:04 AM, Jean Caron wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>This =
factory 100M should bring top dollars, excellent restoration by a well =
know restorer of the marque and unlike the last car that claimed to be a =
100M on BAT, this one has all the legitimate paperwork to show =
it=E2=80=99s provenance.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Jean<o:p></o=
:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Sent from =
<a href=3D"https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D550986" =
target=3D"_blank">Mail</a> for Windows<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><b>From: =
</b><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Bob =
Haskell via Healeys</a><br><b>Sent: </b>October 20, 2021 7:50 =
AM<br><b>To: </b><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">Healey List</a><br><b>Subject: </b>[Healeys] Bring A =
Trailer<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>&nbsp;<o:p><=
/o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;margin-bottom:12.0pt'>A couple items of =
interest on Bring a Trailer this morning:<br><br>10 questions for =
HealeyRick: <a =
href=3D"https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttps%3A%2F%=
2Fbringatrailer.com%2F2021%2F10%2F19%2F10-questions-with-healeyrick%2F&am=
p;data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0b736de16dcc4060471408d993c827c9%7C84df9e7fe9f640af=
b435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637703310140226425%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJ=
WIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&am=
p;sdata=3DDfoOk4DAgCCErSzfNjcDlkRrZGLrh5xI24eg8364%2Foo%3D&amp;reserved=3D=
0" =
target=3D"_blank">https://bringatrailer.com/2021/10/19/10-questions-with-=
healeyrick/</a><br>1956 100-M no reserve auction: <a =
href=3D"https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttps%3A%2F%=
2Fbringatrailer.com%2Flisting%2F1956-austin-healey-100m-bn2-roadster-11%2=
F&amp;data=3D04%7C01%7C%7C0b736de16dcc4060471408d993c827c9%7C84df9e7fe9f6=
40afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637703310140226425%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d=
8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C100=
0&amp;sdata=3DZjWpMy6uYDXd2M8OTG8egqjhKSAqpmS3a%2FvIQOtAaXA%3D&amp;reserv=
ed=3D0" =
target=3D"_blank">https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1956-austin-healey-10=
0m-bn2-roadster-11/</a><o:p></o:p></p><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Ch=
eers,<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Bob =
Haskell<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 =
registrar<o:p></o:p></pre><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier =
New",serif'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>_______________________=
________________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pr=
e>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; =
$12.75<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>=
&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
t" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspidell@=
comcast.net</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></pre></blockquote>=
<p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"=
 =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cnaarndt@=
gmail.com</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0036_01D7C76F.0D5DB020--

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01D7C76F.0D5DB020
	name="image002.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01D7C76F.0D5DB020
	name="image004.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01D7C76F.0D5DB020
	name="image006.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01D7C76F.0D5DB020
	name="image008.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01D7C76F.0D5DB020
	name="image010.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01D7C76F.0D5DB020--

--===============3075263144499835309==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3075263144499835309==--

---

From: Curtis Arndt via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:37:46 -0700

--000000000000f2d53705ceea696b

--000000000000f2d53605ceea696a

--000000000000f2d53505ceea6969
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Here are the correct radiator clamps on my '55 BN1.

Cheers,

Curt
AH Concours Registry

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:03 PM Mark Donaldson <[email-masked]=
wrote:

> I=E2=80=99ve only ever seen those wrapped radiator hoses in photos of the=
 very
> first BN1s, and some A90 Atlantics.   Here again, Curt, you being a
> concours authority, will be able to tell us.
>
>
>
> That aside, they don=E2=80=99t look very pretty, do they?  They remind me=
 of the
> puttees that commonwealth soldiers wore in WWI and WWII
>
>
>
> Best
>
> Mark
>
>
>
>
>

--000000000000f2d53505ceea6969
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr">Here are the correct radiator clamps on m=
y &#39;55 BN1.</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div>Cheers,</div><div><br><=
/div><div>Curt</div><div>AH Concours Registry</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_=
quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:03 =
PM Mark Donaldson &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">ardmore=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quot=
e" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204)=
;padding-left:1ex"><div lang=3D"EN-NZ" style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word;"=
><div class=3D"gmail-m_8837692522596391279WordSection1"><p class=3D"MsoNorm=
al"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif">I=E2=80=99=
ve only ever seen those wrapped radiator hoses in photos of the very first =
BN1s, and some A90 Atlantics.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Here again, Curt, you being a con=
cours authority, will be able to tell us.<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=
=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif"=
><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-=
size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif">That aside, they don=E2=80=99t loo=
k very pretty, do they?=C2=A0 They remind me of the puttees that commonweal=
th soldiers wore in WWI and WWII<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNor=
mal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif"><u></u>=
=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10p=
t;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif">Best<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"M=
soNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif">Mark=
<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"color:rgb(15=
3,51,102)"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span styl=
e=3D"color:rgb(153,51,102)"><img width=3D"310" height=3D"115" style=3D"widt=
h: 3.225in; height: 1.2in;" id=3D"gmail-m_8837692522596391279Picture_x0020_=
5" src=3D"cid:17ca67cc09b5b16b21"></span><span style=3D"color:rgb(153,51,10=
2)"><u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"color:rg=
b(153,51,102)"><u></u>=C2=A0</span></p></div></div></blockquote></div></div=

--000000000000f2d53505ceea6969--

--000000000000f2d53605ceea696a
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image002.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <17ca67cc09b5b16b21>

--000000000000f2d53605ceea696a--

--000000000000f2d53705ceea696b
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Arndt's BN1-2.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_kv1xx7q55>

--000000000000f2d53705ceea696b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--000000000000f2d53705ceea696b--

---

From: Curtis Arndt via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:38:49 -0700

--000000000000ae9f0e05ceea6dac

--000000000000ae9f0e05ceea6dab

--000000000000ae9f0c05ceea6daa
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Another shot of my engine...

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:37 PM Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:03 PM Mark Donaldson <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I=E2=80=99ve only ever seen those wrapped radiator hoses in photos of th=
e very
>> That aside, they don=E2=80=99t look very pretty, do they?  They remind m=
e of the
>> puttees that commonwealth soldiers wore in WWI and WWII

--000000000000ae9f0c05ceea6daa
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Another shot of my engine...</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_=
quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:37 =
PM Curtis Arndt &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
m</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin=
:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"=
><div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr">Here are the correct radiator clamps on =
my &#39;55 BN1.</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div>Cheers,</div><div><br>=
</div><div>Curt</div><div>AH Concours Registry</div><br><div class=3D"gmail=
_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:03=
 PM Mark Donaldson &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote =
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px sol=
id rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div lang=3D"EN-NZ"><div><p class=3D"=
MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif">I=
=E2=80=99ve only ever seen those wrapped radiator hoses in photos of the ve=
ry first BN1s, and some A90 Atlantics.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Here again, Curt, you be=
ing a concours authority, will be able to tell us.<u></u><u></u></span></p>=
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,san=
s-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=
=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif">That aside, they don=E2=
=80=99t look very pretty, do they?=C2=A0 They remind me of the puttees that=
 commonwealth soldiers wore in WWI and WWII<u></u><u></u></span></p><p clas=
s=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif=
"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font=
-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif">Best<u></u><u></u></span></p><p c=
lass=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma,sans-se=
rif">Mark<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"col=
or:rgb(153,51,102)"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><=
span style=3D"color:rgb(153,51,102)"><img width=3D"310" height=3D"115" styl=
e=3D"width: 3.225in; height: 1.2in;" id=3D"gmail-m_5900060163307742188gmail=
-m_8837692522596391279Picture_x0020_5" src=3D"cid:17ca67cc09b5b16b21"></spa=
n><span style=3D"color:rgb(153,51,102)"><u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=
=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"color:rgb(153,51,102)"><u></u>=C2=A0</span></=
p></div></div></blockquote></div></div>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000ae9f0c05ceea6daa--

--000000000000ae9f0e05ceea6dab
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image002.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <17ca67cc09b5b16b21>

--000000000000ae9f0e05ceea6dab--

--000000000000ae9f0e05ceea6dac
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="BN1 Engine.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_kv1y0e5v1>

--000000000000ae9f0e05ceea6dac
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--000000000000ae9f0e05ceea6dac--