Subject: Re: [Healeys] What Jack?

From: "douglas.barker--- via Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 11:39:05 +0000

--===============0255921343741007774==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM6PR14MB41398B0706C811BCC3138EBBF0B09DM6PR14MB4139namp_"

--_000_DM6PR14MB41398B0706C811BCC3138EBBF0B09DM6PR14MB4139namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Went to Canadian Tire in mtl and bought a small screw jack. Fits under the =
frame and stores well

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>
________________________________
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Michael MacLean=
 via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 4:36:47 PM
To: Ahealey help <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] What Jack?

As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are some considerations =
I need to address.  This is not a 100% concours restoration.  I am compromi=
sing in a few areas for better functionality and use of the car.  For examp=
le, my voltage regulator is converted to positive ground solid state.  In t=
he case of carrying tools, I am not seeking a concours tool kit, to include=
 an original jack.  For those of you that feel the same way, I was wonderin=
g what a good modern aftermarket jack would be a good choice.  What jack do=
 you carry with the car?
Mike MacLean

--_000_DM6PR14MB41398B0706C811BCC3138EBBF0B09DM6PR14MB4139namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body>
Went to Canadian Tire in mtl and bought a small screw jack. Fits under the =
frame and stores well
<div><br>
</div>
<div id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-signature">Get <a href=3D"https://aka.ms/ghei3=
6">Outlook for Android</a></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;healeys-b=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Michael MacLean via Healeys &lt;heal=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, October 5, 2021 4:36:47 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Ahealey help &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] What Jack?</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"auto">As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are so=
me considerations I need to address.&nbsp; This is not a 100% concours rest=
oration.&nbsp; I am compromising in a few areas for better functionality an=
d use of the car.&nbsp; For example, my voltage regulator
 is converted to positive ground solid state.&nbsp; In the case of carrying=
 tools, I am not seeking a concours tool kit, to include an original jack.&=
nbsp; For those of you that feel the same way, I was wondering what a good =
modern aftermarket jack would be a good choice.&nbsp;
 What jack do you carry with the car?
<div dir=3D"auto">Mike MacLean</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM6PR14MB41398B0706C811BCC3138EBBF0B09DM6PR14MB4139namp_--

--===============0255921343741007774==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0255921343741007774==--

---

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 13:40:26 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1230566952827360004==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7BAB7.B9723490"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7BAB7.B9723490
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The issue, as I've understood(?) it, is often that one can't get a jack
underneath with a flat tyre and with the car in an unlucky position. Hence,
I gather, some people carry a small scissors to lift the first few inches.

Isn't clearance on a 100 even worse than on a 3000?

I've carried one for ages in my 3000. Never had to use! Saying that is
probably fatal!

Simon

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
douglas.barker--- via Healeys
Sent: 06 October 2021 12:39
To: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>; Ahealey help
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] What Jack?

Went to Canadian Tire in mtl and bought a small screw jack. Fits under the
frame and stores well 

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36> 

  _____  

From: Healeys <[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 4:36:47 PM
Subject: [Healeys] What Jack? 

As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are some considerations I
need to address.  This is not a 100% concours restoration.  I am
compromising in a few areas for better functionality and use of the car.
For example, my voltage regulator is converted to positive ground solid
state.  In the case of carrying tools, I am not seeking a concours tool kit,
to include an original jack.  For those of you that feel the same way, I was
wondering what a good modern aftermarket jack would be a good choice.  What
jack do you carry with the car? 

Mike MacLean

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7BAB7.B9723490
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0cm;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'>The issue, as I&#8217;ve =
understood(?) it, is often that one can&#8217;t get a jack underneath =
with a flat tyre and with the car in an unlucky position. Hence, I =
gather, some people carry a small scissors to lift the first few =
inches.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'>Isn&#8217;t clearance on a 100 even =
worse than on a 3000?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'>I&#8217;ve carried one for ages in =
my 3000. Never had to use! Saying that is probably =
fatal!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><di=
v style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
lang=3DEN-US>From:</span></b><span lang=3DEN-US> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>douglas.barker--- via Healeys<br><b>Sent:</b> 06 October 2021 =
12:39<br><b>To:</b> Michael MacLean &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; =
Ahealey help &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: =
[Healeys] What Jack?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Went to =
Canadian Tire in mtl and bought a small screw jack. Fits under the frame =
and stores well <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div =
id=3Dms-outlook-mobile-signature><p class=3DMsoNormal>Get <a =
href=3D"https://aka.ms/ghei36">Outlook for =
Android</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'><hr size=3D3 width=3D"98%" =
align=3Dcenter></div><div id=3DdivRplyFwdMsg><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><span style=3D'color:black'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'color:black'> Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
.net</a>&gt; on behalf of Michael MacLean via Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, October 5, 2021 4:36:47 PM<br><b>To:</b> Ahealey =
help &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
<b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] What Jack?</span> <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are =
some considerations I need to address.&nbsp; This is not a 100% concours =
restoration.&nbsp; I am compromising in a few areas for better =
functionality and use of the car.&nbsp; For example, my voltage =
regulator is converted to positive ground solid state.&nbsp; In the case =
of carrying tools, I am not seeking a concours tool kit, to include an =
original jack.&nbsp; For those of you that feel the same way, I was =
wondering what a good modern aftermarket jack would be a good =
choice.&nbsp; What jack do you carry with the car? =
<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Mike =
MacLean<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D7BAB7.B9723490--

--===============1230566952827360004==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1230566952827360004==--

---

From: Michael Salter via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 08:49:28 -0400

--===============4818236470376666301==

--000000000000482e2705cdae94f6

I absolutely agree with Douglas  ... exactly what I carry however, I
modified the handle to make it easier to use. I recently had to use it on
the road an it worked very well.

M

On Wed., Oct. 6, 2021, 8:19 a.m. douglas.barker--- via Healeys, <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> ------------------------------
> *From:* Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Michael
> MacLean via Healeys <[email-masked]>
> *Sent:* Tuesday, October 5, 2021 4:36:47 PM
> *To:* Ahealey help <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* [Healeys] What Jack?
>
> As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are some considerations
> I need to address.  This is not a 100% concours restoration.  I am
> state.  In the case of carrying tools, I am not seeking a concours tool
> kit, to include an original jack.  For those of you that feel the same way,
> I was wondering what a good modern aftermarket jack would be a good
> choice.  What jack do you carry with the car?
> Mike MacLean
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000482e2705cdae94f6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">I absolutely agree with Douglas=C2=A0 ... exactly what I =
carry however, I=C2=A0 modified the handle to make it easier to use. I rece=
ntly had to use it on the road an it worked very well.<div dir=3D"auto"><br=
></div><div dir=3D"auto">M</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div d=
ir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed., Oct. 6, 2021, 8:19 a.m. douglas.ba=
rker--- via Healeys, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">healeys@=
autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" st=
yle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

<div>
Went to Canadian Tire in mtl and bought a small screw jack. Fits under the =
frame and stores well
<div><br>
</div>
<div id=3D"m_4063075936296472388ms-outlook-mobile-signature">Get <a href=3D=
"https://aka.ms/ghei36" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">Outlook for An=
droid</a></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%">
<div id=3D"m_4063075936296472388divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Ca=
libri, sans-serif" style=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> =
Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_bl=
ank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt; on behalf of=
 Michael MacLean via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, October 5, 2021 4:36:47 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Ahealey help &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" targe=
t=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] What Jack?</font>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
</div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"auto">As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are so=
me considerations I need to address.=C2=A0 This is not a 100% concours rest=
oration.=C2=A0 I am compromising in a few areas for better functionality an=
d use of the car.=C2=A0 For example, my voltage regulator
 is converted to positive ground solid state.=C2=A0 In the case of carrying=
 tools, I am not seeking a concours tool kit, to include an original jack.=
=C2=A0 For those of you that feel the same way, I was wondering what a good=
 modern aftermarket jack would be a good choice.=C2=A0
 What jack do you carry with the car?
<div dir=3D"auto">Mike MacLean</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

_______________________________________________<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><b=
r>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000482e2705cdae94f6--

--===============4818236470376666301==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4818236470376666301==--

---

From: Michael Oritt via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 10:08:35 -0400

--===============8023773890205525516==

--0000000000003742ff05cdafaf66

I carry a scissor jack which is stowed in the space formerly occupied by
the left-side 6 volt battery.
I also carry a short piece of 2" x 6" with beveled ends to run up upon and
gain sufficient ground clearance for the jack in case of a flat to one of
the rear tires.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 1:01 AM Michael MacLean via Healeys <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
Best--Michael

--0000000000003742ff05cdafaf66
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">I car=
ry a scissor jack which is stowed in the space formerly occupied by the lef=
t-side 6 volt battery.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#33=
33ff">I also carry a short piece of 2&quot; x 6&quot; with beveled ends to =
run up upon and gain sufficient ground clearance for the jack in case of a =
flat to one of the rear tires.=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" styl=
e=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#=
3333ff">Best--Michael Oritt</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 1:01 AM Michael Mac=
Lean via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">healeys@auto=
x.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding=
-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 t=
here are some considerations I need to address.=C2=A0 This is not a 100% co=
ncours restoration.=C2=A0 I am compromising in a few areas for better funct=
ionality and use of the car.=C2=A0 For example, my voltage regulator is con=
verted to positive ground solid state.=C2=A0 In the case of carrying tools,=
 I am not seeking a concours tool kit, to include an original jack.=C2=A0 F=
or those of you that feel the same way, I was wondering what a good modern =
aftermarket jack would be a good choice.=C2=A0 What jack do you carry with =
the car?<div dir=3D"auto">Mike MacLean</div></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://a=
utox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><font color=3D"#3333ff">Best--Michael</font></di=
v>

--0000000000003742ff05cdafaf66--

--===============8023773890205525516==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8023773890205525516==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 07:21:40 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------A86C8829731430C444296A38
 boundary="------------03721187C3BE56043B912CAE"

--------------03721187C3BE56043B912CAE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I have an original 'King Dick'--or whatever it's called--jack for my 
BJ8, but I don't carry it because it doesn't have enough platform on 
either end to be even close to 'safe' to use on anything other than a 
flat, hard surface. Sometimes, things can't be fixed under ideal 
conditions (see illustration).

I carry geared scissor jacks; these are a bit, only a bit, easier to use 
than 'direct drive' jacks. They /should/ work better than they do, 
probably because of cheap, stamped gears, but still better than direct 
drive. I bought them years ago, and only found the second one after a 
bit of online searching; for some reason they are not available anymore 
(I have no idea why, except they were a tad more expensive).

Bob

On 10/6/2021 7:08 AM, Michael Oritt via Healeys wrote:
> I carry a scissor jack which is stowed in the space formerly occupied 
> by the left-side 6 volt battery.
> I also carry a short piece of 2" x 6" with beveled ends to run up upon 
> and gain sufficient ground clearance for the jack in case of a flat to 
> one of the rear tires.
>
> Best--Michael Oritt
>
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 1:01 AM Michael MacLean via Healeys 
>
>     As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are some
>     considerations I need to address.  This is not a 100% concours
>     restoration.  I am compromising in a few areas for better
>     functionality and use of the car.  For example, my voltage
>     regulator is converted to positive ground solid state.  In the
>     case of carrying tools, I am not seeking a concours tool kit, to
>     include an original jack. For those of you that feel the same way,
>     I was wondering what a good modern aftermarket jack would be a
>     good choice. What jack do you carry with the car?
>     Mike MacLean
>

--------------03721187C3BE56043B912CAE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    I have an original 'King Dick'--or whatever it's called--jack for my
    BJ8, but I don't carry it because it doesn't have enough platform on
    either end to be even close to 'safe' to use on anything other than
    a flat, hard surface. Sometimes, things can't be fixed under ideal
    conditions (see illustration).<br>
    <br>
    I carry geared scissor jacks; these are a bit, only a bit, easier to
    use than 'direct drive' jacks. They <i>should</i> work better than
    they do, probably because of cheap, stamped gears, but still better
    than direct drive. I bought them years ago, and only found the
    second one after a bit of online searching; for some reason they are
    not available anymore (I have no idea why, except they were a tad
    more expensive).<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/6/2021 7:08 AM, Michael Oritt via
      Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAPTa0B7xduKg2YEMiFzWAoW=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">I carry a
          scissor jack which is stowed in the space formerly occupied by
          the left-side 6 volt battery.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">I also carry a
          short piece of 2" x 6" with beveled ends to run up upon and
          gain sufficient ground clearance for the jack in case of a
          flat to one of the rear tires. </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="color:#3333ff">Best--Michael
          Oritt</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 1:01 AM
          Michael MacLean via Healeys &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div dir="auto">As I continue with the restoration of my BN2
            there are some considerations I need to address.  This is
            not a 100% concours restoration.  I am compromising in a few
            areas for better functionality and use of the car.  For
            example, my voltage regulator is converted to positive
            ground solid state.  In the case of carrying tools, I am not
            seeking a concours tool kit, to include an original jack. 
            For those of you that feel the same way, I was wondering
            what a good modern aftermarket jack would be a good choice. 
            What jack do you carry with the car?
            <div dir="auto">Mike MacLean</div>
          </div>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------03721187C3BE56043B912CAE--

--------------A86C8829731430C444296A38
 name="IMG_1680.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_1680.JPG"

--------------A86C8829731430C444296A38
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------A86C8829731430C444296A38--

---

From: Richard Collins via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 15:35:33 +0000

--===============0785282855012056077==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_004_BN7PR08MB42760192A2CC63A0708764B3BFB09BN7PR08MB4276namp_";
	type="multipart/alternative"

--_004_BN7PR08MB42760192A2CC63A0708764B3BFB09BN7PR08MB4276namp_
	boundary="_000_BN7PR08MB42760192A2CC63A0708764B3BFB09BN7PR08MB4276namp_"

--_000_BN7PR08MB42760192A2CC63A0708764B3BFB09BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN7PR08MB42760192A2CC63A0708764B3BFB09BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN7PR08MB42760192A2CC63A0708764B3BFB09BN7PR08MB4276namp_--

--_004_BN7PR08MB42760192A2CC63A0708764B3BFB09BN7PR08MB4276namp_
Content-Description: IMG_1680.JPG
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="IMG_1680.JPG"; size=39564;
	creation-date="Wed, 06 Oct 2021 15:35:32 GMT";
	modification-date="Wed, 06 Oct 2021 15:35:32 GMT"
Content-ID: <1C43080E-B789-42DC-ACA9-20C738F41381>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_004_BN7PR08MB42760192A2CC63A0708764B3BFB09BN7PR08MB4276namp_--

--===============0785282855012056077==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0785282855012056077==--

---

From: llennep--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 16:22:56 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6905815190672535484==
	boundary="----=_Part_289660_767052669.1633537376391"

------=_Part_289660_767052669.1633537376391
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

MichaelThe jack I carry with my BJ8 Is a small plastic rectangle card with =
the letters AAA on it.:):):)Seriously I do carry a basic scissors jack but =
hope to never use it. =C2=A0If you find a jack make sure it will fit under =
the frame's corner when the tire is flat!!!!Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael MacLean via Healeys <[email-masked]>
To: Ahealey help <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2021 4:36 pm
Subject: [Healeys] What Jack?

As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are some considerations =
I need to address.=C2=A0 This is not a 100% concours restoration.=C2=A0 I a=
m compromising in a few areas for better functionality and use of the car.=
=C2=A0 For example, my voltage regulator is converted to positive ground so=
lid state.=C2=A0 In the case of carrying tools, I am not seeking a concours=
 tool kit, to include an original jack.=C2=A0 For those of you that feel th=
e same way, I was wondering what a good modern aftermarket jack would be a =
good choice.=C2=A0 What jack do you carry with the car?Mike MacLean________=
_______________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

erizon.net

------=_Part_289660_767052669.1633537376391
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 10pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">Michael
<div>The jack I carry with my BJ8 Is a small plastic rectangle card with the letters AAA on it.</div>

<div>:):):)</div>

<div>Seriously I do carry a basic scissors jack but hope to never use it. &nbsp;If you find a jack make sure it will fit under the frame's corner when the tire is flat!!!!</div>

<div>Keith</div>
<br>
<br>

<div style="font-family:helvetica,arial;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Michael MacLean via Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Ahealey help &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2021 4:36 pm<br>
Subject: [Healeys] What Jack?<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv3459521460">
<div>As I continue with the restoration of my BN2 there are some considerations I need to address.&nbsp; This is not a 100% concours restoration.&nbsp; I am compromising in a few areas for better functionality and use of the car.&nbsp; For example, my voltage regulator is converted to positive ground solid state.&nbsp; In the case of carrying tools, I am not seeking a concours tool kit, to include an original jack.&nbsp; For those of you that feel the same way, I was wondering what a good modern aftermarket jack would be a good choice.&nbsp; What jack do you carry with the car?
<div>Mike MacLean</div>
</div>

</div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys </a><a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_289660_767052669.1633537376391--

--===============6905815190672535484==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6905815190672535484==--