Subject: [Healeys] 100 front fender nuts

From: S and T Miller via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 22:25:56 +0000

--===============5583507404830206000==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM6PR04MB48905A625FF0001B8BA27C78D4999DM6PR04MB4890namp_"

--_000_DM6PR04MB48905A625FF0001B8BA27C78D4999DM6PR04MB4890namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have been following Geoff Chrysler's BN1 restoration online. I had notice=
d in one of his recent pictures that there are caged floating nuts where th=
e windshield forward foot attaches to the fender, and not the typical fende=
r clips. The cages are spot welded to the inner fender lip. When tearing do=
wn my BN2 I found these caged floating nuts pop riveted in, and I assumed t=
hey were wrong (partially correct). It seems to me now that the only thing =
incorrect is that they were pop riveted in, as I found the spot welded floa=
ting cages on my BN1 as well (and just like Geoff's spectacular car). So I =
plan to spot weld those back in.

Interesting though while looking at my front BN1 fenders I found the last/r=
ear fender attaching hole has a nut welded directly to the inner fender, ag=
ain rather than the typical fender clip. This one is not in a floating cage=
. Does this seem correct? I can't find any evidence that my BN2 had welded =
nuts on that last hole, but it's possible.
TY, Shawn

The Millers

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test dri=
ve."

--_000_DM6PR04MB48905A625FF0001B8BA27C78D4999DM6PR04MB4890namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
</head>
<body>
<div style=3D"font-family: &quot;segoe ui westeuropean&quot;, &quot;segoe u=
i&quot;, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0)=
;">
I have been following Geoff Chrysler's BN1 restoration online. I had notice=
d in one of his recent pictures that there are caged floating nuts where th=
e windshield forward foot attaches to the fender, and not the typical fende=
r clips. The cages are spot welded
 to the inner fender lip. When tearing down my BN2 I found these caged floa=
ting nuts pop riveted in, and I assumed they were wrong (partially correct)=
. It seems to me now that the only thing incorrect is that they were pop ri=
veted in, as I found the spot welded
 floating cages on my BN1 as well (and just like Geoff's spectacular car). =
So I plan to spot weld those back in.&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: &quot;segoe ui westeuropean&quot;, &quot;segoe u=
i&quot;, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0)=
;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: &quot;segoe ui westeuropean&quot;, &quot;segoe u=
i&quot;, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0)=
;">
Interesting though while looking at my front BN1 fenders I found the last/r=
ear fender attaching hole has a nut welded directly to the inner fender, ag=
ain rather than the typical fender clip. This one is not in a floating cage=
. Does this seem correct? I can't
 find any evidence that my BN2 had welded nuts on that last hole, but it's =
possible.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: &quot;segoe ui westeuropean&quot;, &quot;segoe u=
i&quot;, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0)=
;">
TY, Shawn</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The Millers<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&quot;Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a tes=
t drive.&quot;<br>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM6PR04MB48905A625FF0001B8BA27C78D4999DM6PR04MB4890namp_--

--===============5583507404830206000==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5583507404830206000==--