Subject: [Healeys] FW: Shifter install

From: Bob Begani via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 14:11:53 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0284_01D7DAF3.E82BC650"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0284_01D7DAF3.E82BC650
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dear Bob etal:

Certainly the tool Bob created is the way to go.  Except in my case, it
would not work the first time because my washer was bent and was out of
round which allow the spring to sneak in around the washer and not allow the
tool to push down enough to allow the circle clip to engage.  The second
time around I had used my vise to flatten out the washer although it was
still out of round a little. In addition,  I reviewed the way the washer sat
on the bevel and found the angle of the bevel on the tool was too long so
the spring could move around.  I cut the top off the bevel so there was more
of a flat section to hold the wash better which keep the tool upright and
the spring went down further.   Also, I had problems with the string I used
in the first trial. Was too small diameter.  You really need a heavier rope
because once the twisting begins it gets very tight beehive and can break at
the twist.  See the attached pictures showing the broken piece, fortunately,
it broke in the twist rope and did not come apart until I took it apart.

Nevertheless, the third time worked with a lot of help from wiggling the
tool to help the spring and washer set and a screwdriver to allow the washer
to press down further so the circle clip would slip into the groves.

Next time I will replace the washer and it should take only one hour,
hopefully. 

Thanks, Bob, for the idea.

Bob Begani

------=_NextPart_000_0284_01D7DAF3.E82BC650
	name="IMG_0207.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_0207.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0284_01D7DAF3.E82BC650
	name="IMG_0209.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_0209.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0284_01D7DAF3.E82BC650
	name="IMG_0210.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_0210.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0284_01D7DAF3.E82BC650
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0284_01D7DAF3.E82BC650--