Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Front Disks

From: David P via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 12:53:03 -0600

I had them on my 100 (RIP)... Frankly, I wasn't all that impressed. I'd 
look into using the Healey brackets and see if Wilwood has calipers to 
fit..  if I was doing it again..

On 11/1/2021 12:42 PM, Bob Spidell via Healeys wrote:
> Anyone put front disk brakes on a 100? I'm looking at the DWM kit, but 
> I imagine there are alternatives (not least for cheaper shipping, and 
> no customs hassles). I've seen/read about disks on early 6-cyl cars, 
> in particular greater braking effort (no big deal; my legs need every 
> workout they can get). Also, do the kits fit under stock 48-spokers?
>
> What got me thinking is my BN2's brakes are OK, for all drums, but 
> when I stomp on them the car pivots hard right. I caught the first new 
> episode of Wheeler Dealers where the new host--Marc somebody--had the 
> same problem with an early Mini, solved with disks.
>
> TIA,
> Bob
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys 
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
-- 
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: josef-eckert--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 19:55:00 +0100 (CET)

--===============5498741218632079635==
	boundary="----=_Part_8586631_1133183466.1635792900515"

------=_Part_8586631_1133183466.1635792900515
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I would miss the drum brake feeling. Love it, as its different to my daily 
driver.
Josef Eckert

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gesendet mit der Telekom Mail App
<https://kommunikationsdienste.t-online.de/redirects/email_app_android_sendmail_footer>

--- Original-Nachricht ---
Von: Bob Spidell via Healeys
Betreff: [Healeys] 100 Front Disks
Datum: 01. November 2021, 19:42
An: Healeys

Anyone put front disk brakes on a 100? I'm looking at the DWM kit, but I
imagine there are alternatives (not least for cheaper shipping, and no
customs hassles). I've seen/read about disks on early 6-cyl cars, in
particular greater braking effort (no big deal; my legs need every
workout they can get). Also, do the kits fit under stock 48-spokers?

What got me thinking is my BN2's brakes are OK, for all drums, but when
I stomp on them the car pivots hard right. I caught the first new
episode of Wheeler Dealers where the new host--Marc somebody--had the
same problem with an early Mini, solved with disks.

TIA,
Bob

Archive:<http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
<http://autox.team.net/archive>

<http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>

//autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_Part_8586631_1133183466.1635792900515
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I would miss the drum brake feeling. Love it, as its different to my daily =
driver.<br/>Josef Eckert<br/><br/><br/><hr></hr>Gesendet mit der <a href=3D=
"https://kommunikationsdienste.t-online.de/redirects/email_app_android_send=
mail_footer">Telekom Mail App</a><br> <br><br/><br/>--- Original-Nachricht =
---<br/><b>Von:  </b>Bob Spidell via Healeys<br/><b>Betreff:  </b>[Healeys]=
 100 Front Disks<br/><b>Datum:  </b>01. November 2021, 19:42 <br/><b>An:  <=
/b>Healeys<br/><br/><br/><br> <br><html><head>    <meta name=3D"viewport" c=
ontent=3D"width=3Ddevice-width, initial-scale=3D1.0" />    <style type=3D"t=
ext/css">@font-face {=09font-family: telegrotesk-medium_normal;=09src: url(=
"file:///android_asset/fonts/telegrotesk_normal.ttf");}html,body {=09font-f=
amily: "telegrotesk-medium_normal";=09font-size: medium;=09color: #4b4b4b;=
=09width: 100%;}</style></head><body><div>    Anyone put front disk brakes =
on a 100? I&#39;m looking at the DWM kit, but I <br/>imagine there are alte=
rnatives (not least for cheaper shipping, and no <br/>customs hassles). I&#=
39;ve seen/read about disks on early 6-cyl cars, in <br/>particular greater=
 braking effort (no big deal; my legs need every <br/>workout they can get)=
. Also, do the kits fit under stock 48-spokers?<br/><br/>What got me thinki=
ng is my BN2&#39;s brakes are OK, for all drums, but when <br/>I stomp on t=
hem the car pivots hard right. I caught the first new <br/>episode of Wheel=
er Dealers where the new host--Marc somebody--had the <br/>same problem wit=
h an early Mini, solved with disks.<br/><br/>TIA,<br/>Bob<br/>_____________=
__________________________________<br/>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://w=
ww.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_top" >http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br/>Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br/><br/>Archive: <a href=3D"http:=
//www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_top" >http://www.team.net/pipe=
rmail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_top"=
 >http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br/><br/><a href=3D"mailto:Healeys@auto=
x.team.net">[email-masked]</a><br/><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_top" >http://autox.team.net/mailman/l=
istinfo/healeys</a><br/><br/>Unsubscribe/Manage: http:<a href=3D"mailto://a=
utox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">//autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br/><br/></div><=
/body></html>
------=_Part_8586631_1133183466.1635792900515--

--===============5498741218632079635==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5498741218632079635==--