Subject: [Healeys] 100 Front Disks

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 11:42:42 -0700

Anyone put front disk brakes on a 100? I'm looking at the DWM kit, but I 
imagine there are alternatives (not least for cheaper shipping, and no 
customs hassles). I've seen/read about disks on early 6-cyl cars, in 
particular greater braking effort (no big deal; my legs need every 
workout they can get). Also, do the kits fit under stock 48-spokers?

What got me thinking is my BN2's brakes are OK, for all drums, but when 
I stomp on them the car pivots hard right. I caught the first new 
episode of Wheeler Dealers where the new host--Marc somebody--had the 
same problem with an early Mini, solved with disks.

TIA,
Bob
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Steve Gerow via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 11:28:44 -0700

--===============5419250011774166802==

--0000000000006b022505cfd277f1

Bob,
2 main hurdles: 48-spoke wheels probably won't fit and you'll need adapter
plates, which are available from the usual UK sources. These are available
in 3.25" and 3.5" bolt centers. The latter will accept Type 16 or Toyota
4Runner 4 pot calipers (which work well without a servo - i'm using them
with a 3/4" M/C on my BN6).

The stock BN7 setup calls for a 5/8" M/C with smaller rear cylinders. A
friend fitted a Girling .70 MC with good results. But you might stay with
stock to start with.

FWIW - a couple of years ago there was a guy in the US on eBay who was
selling a disk brake kit for the Healey. That's all I remember.

-- 

*Steve Gerow*

--0000000000006b022505cfd277f1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Bob,</div><div>2 main hurdles: 48-spoke wheels probab=
ly won&#39;t fit and you&#39;ll need adapter plates, which are available fr=
om the usual UK sources. These are available in 3.25&quot; and 3.5&quot; bo=
lt centers. The latter will accept Type 16 or Toyota 4Runner 4 pot calipers=
 (which work well without a servo - i&#39;m using them with a 3/4&quot; M/C=
 on my BN6).</div><div><br></div><div>The stock BN7 setup calls for a 5/8&q=
uot; M/C with smaller rear cylinders. A friend fitted a Girling .70 MC with=
 good results. But you might stay with stock to start with.<br></div><div><=
br></div><div>FWIW - a couple of years ago there was a guy in the US on eBa=
y who was selling a disk brake kit for the Healey. That&#39;s all I remembe=
r.<br></div><div><br>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data=
-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><font siz=
e=3D"2"><b>Steve Gerow<br></b></font></div></div></div></div></div></div></=
div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

--0000000000006b022505cfd277f1--

--===============5419250011774166802==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5419250011774166802==--