Subject: [Healeys] Speedo cable routing.

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 16:04:50 -0000 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D7D25E.DDA250C0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D7D25E.DDA250C0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0007_01D7D25E.DDA250C0"

------=_NextPart_001_0007_01D7D25E.DDA250C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Looking back through my files, I have contradictory info on this. So, here
goes...

My car is a RHD MkII BT7 with a centre shift box. It thus has the fibre
glass tunnel cover which, I gather, continued to the bitter end in '67.

You may recall that I sent in a pic of my tunnel cover a few weeks back and
asked if it was an original or a latterly made repro. Thankfully, you said
that it was original but it was pointed out that it had an extra hole. See
attached. As I interpreted it, the "extra hole" is to the right and the
correct way in is through the centrally located "correct routing for speedo
cable".

Assuming that is correct, I am led to wonder for what purpose some PO had
drilled that extra hole..I wonder if the speedo cable's routing was so far
out of line that it needed a slight short cut to achieve its destination. My
cable goes through a grommet to the left of the bottom left corner of the
control box. Is that correct? Or should it take a more central route?

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_001_0007_01D7D25E.DDA250C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Looking back through my files, I have contradictory =
info on this. So, here goes&#8230;..<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My car is a =
RHD MkII BT7 with a centre shift box. It thus has the fibre glass tunnel =
cover which, I gather, continued to the bitter end in =
&#8217;67.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>You may recall that I sent in a pic of my tunnel cover =
a few weeks back and asked if it was an original or a latterly made =
repro. Thankfully, you said that it was original but it was pointed out =
that it had an extra hole. See attached. As I interpreted it, the =
&#8220;extra hole&#8221; is to the right and the correct way in is =
through the centrally located &#8220;correct routing for speedo =
cable&#8221;.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Assuming that is correct, I am led to wonder for what =
purpose some PO had drilled that extra hole&#8230;&#8230;I wonder if the =
speedo cable&#8217;s routing was so far out of line that it needed a =
slight short cut to achieve its destination. My cable goes through a =
grommet to the left of the bottom left corner of the control box. Is =
that correct? Or should it take a more central route?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0007_01D7D25E.DDA250C0--

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D7D25E.DDA250C0
	name="IMG_9990 2.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_9990 2.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D7D25E.DDA250C0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D7D25E.DDA250C0--