Subject: [Healeys] Springs holding the shift stick in the tower housing

From: Bob Begani via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 09:08:39 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4604002497121462685==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7DA00.617DD290"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7DA00.617DD290
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks to those who helped me, I confirmed that the screws were not worn and
I needed a new nylon bearing.  It snaped around the ball so I applied
lithium grease to the end and the sides of the stick and housing installed
the screws.  When for a ride noting that the shifting was nice and smooth
like it should be.  I did all this without removing the tunnel which makes
it difficult to install the springs and circle clip retainer into the tower.
Any suggestions?

Regards,

Bob Begani

BJ8 67

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7DA00.617DD290
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Thanks to =
those who helped me, I confirmed that the screws were not worn and I =
needed a new nylon bearing.&nbsp; It snaped around the ball so I applied =
lithium grease to the end and the sides of the stick and housing =
installed the screws.&nbsp; When for a ride noting that the shifting was =
nice and smooth like it should be.&nbsp; I did all this without removing =
the tunnel which makes it difficult to install the springs and circle =
clip retainer into the tower.&nbsp; Any =
suggestions?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Regards,<o:p></=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Bob =
Begani<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>BJ8 =
67<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7DA00.617DD290--

--===============4604002497121462685==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4604002497121462685==--