Subject: [Healeys] Cable routing

From: Perry Small via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 17:57:00 -0400

--Apple-Mail-191E2104-F2C3-445E-977C-8B5688CD0856
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Original gearbox cover with both holes, one plugged and the other open. If I=
 have my documentation correct for this particular cover it it was on a late=
 BJ7
P

--Apple-Mail-191E2104-F2C3-445E-977C-8B5688CD0856
	name=IMG_8997.jpg;
	x-apple-part-url=45520544-DBFB-4058-ABCA-CE4C7F88634A
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=IMG_8997.jpg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-191E2104-F2C3-445E-977C-8B5688CD0856
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Sent from my iPhone
--Apple-Mail-191E2104-F2C3-445E-977C-8B5688CD0856
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--Apple-Mail-191E2104-F2C3-445E-977C-8B5688CD0856--

---

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 23:41:52 -0000

Thank you all for your replies.
Drawing the info together, it seems that
1) some covers have one hole and some have two. Which is in the majority, I
don't know and it doesn't matter (to me).
2) I'd been put on the wrong scent by previous references to extra/second
holes etcetc. 
3) My car, being RHD, either had two from the beginning or, less likely, a
second one was drilled when the factory came to fit out the car's interior. 
4) Either way, I'll revert to how it was originally with a grommet plugging
the central hole and the cable going through the RHS hole. I may even fibre
glass the central hole over and rub it flat.
5) I've see pics of the cable going through a slit in the tunnel cover
carpet. Mine goes under the carpet where it goes up against the bulkhead and
so remains hidden.

Now to the ash tray.....

If you've read this far.......the clutch saga seems to be over. I put the
old clutch cover in and it works like a dream.
So far. Car's still up the ramp as I await the return of the handbrake lever
from the chroming people.
The suppliers and I are still being polite but I can see a time coming when
we have to have what the diplomats call a "Full and frank discussion". After
all I did try 3 or 4 times with the new clutch cover........More details
later.

Simon

[email-masked]