Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Center Console replacement

From: Roger Grace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:38:48 -0800

--===============8942010368265256493==

--0000000000003786cf05f4b4d2ad

I recently had the transmission tunnel off my car.
No problems removing the console and tunnel.
Now struggling (many hours so far) to get the console fitted again.
In particular to get the slotted bracket on top of the tunnel to line up
with the 2 lower screws on the console. Over 3/4in difference in height.
Looks like it should go in at an angle, but the heater box is in the way
and reluctant to use too much force.
Does the heater box really have to be completely  moved out of the way ?
Any ideas or techniques appreciated.
Tkx
rg

--0000000000003786cf05f4b4d2ad
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I recently had the transmission tunnel off my car.</d=
iv><div>No problems removing the console and tunnel.</div><div>Now struggli=
ng (many hours so far) to get the console fitted again.</div><div>In partic=
ular to get the slotted bracket on top of the tunnel to line up with the 2 =
lower screws on the console. Over 3/4in difference in height.<br></div><div=
>Looks like it should go in at an angle, but the heater box is in the way a=
nd reluctant to use too much force.<br></div><div>Does the heater box reall=
y have to be completely=C2=A0 moved out of the way ?</div><div>Any ideas or=
 techniques appreciated.</div><div>Tkx</div><div>rg<br></div><div><br></div=
><div><br></div></div>

--0000000000003786cf05f4b4d2ad--

--===============8942010368265256493==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8942010368265256493==--