Subject: [Healeys] New Post on my Blog. Stainless Brake Lines

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 15:13:48 +1300

--===============6427199794345645712==

--000000000000013b2f05f3c23c50

https://precisionsportscar.com/stainless-steel-brake-lines-for-an-austin-healey/

--000000000000013b2f05f3c23c50
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:arial,sa=
ns-serif;font-size:small"><a href=3D"https://precisionsportscar.com/stainle=
ss-steel-brake-lines-for-an-austin-healey/">https://precisionsportscar.com/=
stainless-steel-brake-lines-for-an-austin-healey/</a></div></div>

--000000000000013b2f05f3c23c50--

--===============6427199794345645712==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6427199794345645712==--

---

From: jmsdarch--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 20:26:50 -0300

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7349624494561851601==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0096_01D9380D.DB01AA30"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0096_01D9380D.DB01AA30
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Michael, nice article.

=20

I put stainless steel lines on my 1962 BT7 in 2013. I made them myself =
and as you figured out the flares are extremely difficult to form =
without a high-quality flaring tool. Especially the bubble flares. It is =
also difficult to get a good seal to the cylinder. I used copper flare =
washers to solve that issue.

=20

I know a person that restores Jaguars. Instead of zinc plating he sends =
all the parts to a shop to have them cadmium plated. The parts that are =
normally zinc plated stay nice and shiny.

=20

John Spaur

=20

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Michael =
Salter
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2023 11:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] New Post on my Blog. Stainless Brake Lines

=20

https://precisionsportscar.com/stainless-steel-brake-lines-for-an-austin-=
healey/

------=_NextPart_000_0096_01D9380D.DB01AA30
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Michael, nice =
article.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I put stainless steel lines on my 1962 BT7 in 2013. I =
made them myself and as you figured out the flares are extremely =
difficult to form without a high-quality flaring tool. Especially the =
bubble flares. It is also difficult to get a good seal to the cylinder. =
I used copper flare washers to solve that issue.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I know a =
person that restores Jaguars. Instead of zinc plating he sends all the =
parts to a shop to have them cadmium plated. The parts that are normally =
zinc plated stay nice and shiny.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>John =
Spaur<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Michael =
Salter<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, February 2, 2023 11:14 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] New Post on my Blog. =
Stainless Brake Lines<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><a =
href=3D"https://precisionsportscar.com/stainless-steel-brake-lines-for-an=
-austin-healey/">https://precisionsportscar.com/stainless-steel-brake-lin=
es-for-an-austin-healey/</a><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></div></bod=
y></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0096_01D9380D.DB01AA30--

--===============7349624494561851601==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7349624494561851601==--