Subject: [Healeys] Westminster block

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 18:59:19 -0000

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6771722313370648127==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D94494.4678A2E0"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D94494.4678A2E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

For ages I've been thinking of buying a 3000 engine and doing it up to a
fairly high spec. Nothing too clever, definitely a road car version. But I
always hang back when I see the prices of whole engines.

And, it strikes me, that one will probably have to ditch most of the moving
parts so why buy them in the first place?

Maybe buy a block and add the rest as and when. Some from eBay, some from
the usual suspects..

Tell me please:- am I right in my assumption that a Westminster block is as
near as makes no difference to a 3000 block? And that the main differences
in the engines would be in the moving parts and the head?

ie isn't a Westie block as good a place to start as any?

I ask this as there is a very presentable looking block up for sale near me.

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D94494.4678A2E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>For ages I&#8217;ve been thinking of buying a 3000 =
engine and doing it up to a fairly high spec. Nothing too clever, =
definitely a road car version. But I always hang back when I see the =
prices of whole engines.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>And, it =
strikes me, that one will probably have to ditch most of the moving =
parts so why buy them in the first place?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Maybe buy a block and add the rest as and when. Some =
from eBay, some from the usual suspects&#8230;&#8230;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Tell me please:- am I right in my assumption that a =
Westminster block is as near as makes no difference to a 3000 block? And =
that the main differences in the engines would be in the moving parts =
and the head?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>ie isn&#8217;t a Westie =
block as good a place to start as any?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I ask this as there is a very presentable looking =
block up for sale near me.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D94494.4678A2E0--

--===============6771722313370648127==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6771722313370648127==--