Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel pump / Ignition keys

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 06:12:29 -0400 (EDT)

I'll chime in.  When I shipped our Healey to Europe from NY, I made a list of hoe to start the car for them.  I drove to the lot, parked the car and gave them that lit and the keys.  my battery was dead when I picked it up in Antwerp and it was because they had left the radio on and it ran the battery down.  Other than that, no problems---i did install the two tow hooks on the frame in front.  Have had to use them once since installing them, but I'm like having them.
tom

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: "Perry Small" <[email-masked]>, "Ahealey help" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2023 12:55:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel pump / Ignition keys

Perry - from my limited experience, it appears to vary by port and/or
logistics company. 

At LA/Long beach they had us drive into a loading bay area, took pictures,
then they drove the cars to the warehouse in the back. As such, we lost
control over the keys pretty much immediately. 

At Fredrikstad, Norway we drove them directly into the warehouse ourselves.
The instruction then was any car with a battery master switch was left with
the master switch 'off', boot lid open, and key in the boot lock.

----------------
All the best,

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Perry Small via
Healeys
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2023 11:36 AM
To: Ahealey help <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel pump / Ignition keys

My experience with shipping cars from or to Hawaii was that keys for all
locked or lockable locations on the car be left with the check in office but
not left inserted in the ignition. Has been 12 years since the last car was
shipped but suspect it has not changed. If working properly the key can not
be removed if the ignition switch in in the on position Perry

Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________
$12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys