Subject: [Healeys] Am I on track, or crazy:)

From: Tom Felts via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 09:37:33 -0400 (EDT)

--===============0333103911119580135==
	boundary="=_f635c2f2-731b-4e26-8172-ced8ed607c3c"

--=_f635c2f2-731b-4e26-8172-ced8ed607c3c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

OK---2 months ago, my BJ8 decided to shut off while I was driving----couldn't figure out why while sitting beside the road so had her towed home. Long story short--in the process of troubleshooting I have replaced may things--the coil, VR, fuel pump, ignition switch. cleaned the carbs--blew out the fuel lines, changed fuel filter (i have removed the internal filter and added an external one) . I THOUGHT that after the ignition switch was changed that I had found the problem--she ran beautifully for over a month. 

BUT----------2 days ago while driving------she shut down----sputtered for a short time them off----wouldn't start. AAA Tow home again. 

So I had another thought-------and this focuses on the theory that it is electrical. My thought was that maybe the cut-off switch had an internal problem such that it would open the wire leading from it to the coil. If it did, it would shut it down. The system would still be grounded through the many cut off switch. So, I disconnected the wire leading to the coil ( it doesn't need that anyway)-----and she has been purring ever since. Am I dreaming---or is this a possible cause? Is my thinking correct? I'm running low on AAA towing passes so don't want to go out on the road to test it yet. 

--=_f635c2f2-731b-4e26-8172-ced8ed607c3c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>OK---2 months ago, my BJ8 decided to shut o=
ff while I was driving----couldn't figure out why while sitting beside the =
road so had her towed home.&nbsp; Long story short--in the process of troub=
leshooting I have replaced may things--the coil, VR, fuel pump, ignition sw=
itch. cleaned the carbs--blew out the fuel lines, changed fuel filter (i ha=
ve removed the internal filter and added an external one) .&nbsp; I THOUGHT=
 that after the ignition switch was changed that I had found the problem--s=
he ran beautifully for over a month.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></d=
iv><div>BUT----------2 days ago while driving------she shut down----sputter=
ed for a short time them off----wouldn't start.&nbsp; AAA Tow home again.</=
div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>So I had another thought------=
-and this focuses on the theory that it is electrical.&nbsp; My thought was=
 that maybe the cut-off switch had an internal problem such that it would o=
pen the wire leading from it to the coil.&nbsp; If it did, it would shut it=
 down.&nbsp; The system would still be grounded through the many cut off sw=
itch.&nbsp; So, I disconnected the wire leading to the coil ( it doesn't ne=
ed that anyway)-----and&nbsp; &nbsp;she has been purring ever since.&nbsp; =
&nbsp; Am I dreaming---or is this a possible cause?&nbsp; Is my thinking co=
rrect?&nbsp; I'm running low on AAA towing passes so don't want to go out o=
n the road to test it yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"><=
/div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div></div></body></html>
--=_f635c2f2-731b-4e26-8172-ced8ed607c3c--

--===============0333103911119580135==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0333103911119580135==--