Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive relay.

From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 18:19:52 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8560222144501697429==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0008_01D9E993.8E838AB0"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D9E993.8E838AB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am putting a modern relay into my OD relay. Done it before with both the
8-way flasher box and the OD relay. Works well, though this one only managed
+/-10 years. 10 years, but not so very many miles.

Anyhow..it's a really tight fit in there and I thought I might save some
space with thinner wires this time. What does the team think about the
ampage flowing around in there? Is there much and is it constant when the
car's in OD or is it just a short burst to activate the coil and energize
the solenoid? I'm thinking that bigger wires means less space (Harder to
bend into little spaces) and thinner wires means overheating and consequent
problems...

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D9E993.8E838AB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I am putting a modern relay into my OD relay. Done it =
before with both the 8-way flasher box and the OD relay. Works well, =
though this one only managed +/-10 years. 10 years, but not so very many =
miles&#8230;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Anyhow&#8230;&#8230;it&#8217;s a really tight fit in =
there and I thought I might save some space with thinner wires this =
time. What does the team think about the ampage flowing around in there? =
Is there much and is it constant when the car&#8217;s in OD or is it =
just a short burst to activate the coil and energize the solenoid? =
I&#8217;m thinking that bigger wires means less space (Harder to bend =
into little spaces) and thinner wires means overheating and consequent =
problems&#8230;..<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D9E993.8E838AB0--

--===============8560222144501697429==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8560222144501697429==--