Subject: [Healeys] [O/T] Brake pad info

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 09:48:30 -0700

Some things I've given some thought to, but never really knew the skinny ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oIJixuvRoQ
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 23:43:59 +0200

Limited value as it is not an independent way of testing. However there 
are huge differences in the quality of brake pads.

I tested brake pads for the ANWB, the Dutch AAA, in the 90's and was 
very surprised that even certified replacement products did not conform 
to the official norm at the time and some not certified product did 
conform. This was basically a requirement that any characteristic of a 
replacement brake pad for a car should not deviate more than 15% from 
the O.E. brake pad, this included friction cold and hot, heat 
resistance, fading. These tests were on a special computer controlled 
brake test rig in a university lab using new pads bought anonymously in 
shops, garages, car parts stores etc. and tested on O.E. disk which were 
renewed and run in with the pads under test.

The safest way of renewing brake pads is to use O.E. pads. If you are 
not deeply involved in the business, you just do not know with other 
replacements. They can be just as good as O.E. but can also fail dismally.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 22-9-2023 om 18:48 schreef Bob Spidell:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Dit e-mailbericht is met AVG-antivirussoftware gecontroleerd op virussen.
www.avg.com
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]