Subject: [Healeys] Shock mount--BJ8

From: Tom Felts via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 15:09:52 -0400 (EDT)

--===============7301391948067565697==
	boundary="=_cbdc8bc2-bbf7-4886-94ef-226b757f3ac8"

--=_cbdc8bc2-bbf7-4886-94ef-226b757f3ac8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Years ago I had the right shock mount replaced because of a bad metal tear in it. I'm not even sure who did the job for me. Over the years since I have had bad outside tire wa=ear on that side. I'm thinking that when it was welded on, it was not placed properly. 

So----If I remove it and have it replaced with a new one, how do I do about lining it up properly? 

I've thought about having the alignment equipment hooked up with the unattached shock attached and moving the tire in or out until I get the proper camber then clamping it to the tower and welding. That might be an impossible thing to do with the heavy shock hanging on. Is it possible to measure the good (original) side and place it according to that side? 

Ideas? 

Thanks--Tom 

Other than than that, how to I alignment it properly? 

--=_cbdc8bc2-bbf7-4886-94ef-226b757f3ac8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>Years ago I had the right shock mount repla=
ced because of a bad metal tear in it.&nbsp; I'm not even sure who did the =
job for me.&nbsp; Over the years since I have had bad outside tire wa=3Dear=
 on that side.&nbsp; I'm thinking that when it was welded on, it was not pl=
aced properly.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>So----If I rem=
ove it and have it replaced with a new one, how do I do about lining it up =
properly?</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>I've thought about =
having the alignment equipment hooked up with the unattached shock attached=
 and moving the tire in or out until I get the proper camber then clamping =
it to the tower and welding.&nbsp; That might be an impossible thing to do =
with the heavy shock hanging on.&nbsp; Is it possible to measure the good (=
original) side and place it according to that side?</div><div><br data-mce-=
bogus=3D"1"></div><div>Ideas?</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div=
>Thanks--Tom</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>Other than than =
that, how to I alignment it properly?&nbsp;&nbsp;</div></div></body></html>
--=_cbdc8bc2-bbf7-4886-94ef-226b757f3ac8--

--===============7301391948067565697==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7301391948067565697==--