Subject: [Healeys] Synchro/Baulk Ring Question

From: Harold Manifold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:15:17 -0800

--===============1621934482966144402==

--000000000000f077ae060e0dc20d

Hello and Happy New Year,

I have just disassembled my rebuilt side shift transmission after only
2,000 miles to deal with a problem shifting from 4th to 3rd. The synchro
rings were brand new and supplied by Denis Welch. It appears the synchro
ring has worn prematurely. There is no sign of any problems with the mating
tapered hub on the gear.

There is nothing obvious why the 3/4 synchro was not working properly. Is
there a specification for the minimum gap between the synchro ring and the
face of the mating gear? A new synchro ring is on order. What all should I
check to ensure the problem doesn't repeat itself?

Thanks... Harold

--000000000000f077ae060e0dc20d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hello and Happy New Year,<div><br></div><div>I have just d=
isassembled=C2=A0my rebuilt side shift transmission after=C2=A0only 2,000 m=
iles to deal with a problem shifting from 4th to 3rd. The synchro rings wer=
e brand new and supplied by Denis Welch. It appears the synchro ring has wo=
rn=C2=A0prematurely. There is no sign of any problems with the mating taper=
ed hub on the gear.</div><div><br></div><div>

There is nothing obvious why the 3/4 synchro was not working properly.

Is there a specification for the minimum gap between the synchro ring and t=
he face of the mating gear?  A new synchro ring is on order. What all shoul=
d I check to ensure the problem doesn&#39;t=C2=A0repeat itself?</div><div><=
br></div><div>Thanks... Harold</div></div>

--000000000000f077ae060e0dc20d--

--===============1621934482966144402==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1621934482966144402==--