Subject: Re: [Healeys] Electronic Distributor

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 18:31:55 -0000

I've got the older (original?) 123Ignition distributor. That has been
overtaken or supplemented by their USB to laptop version. Not sure quite
what that offers but  I'd guess it's similar to this thing. 
I had a Pertronix which died on me. They gave me another, no quibbles. But
it was a golden opportunity for Father Christmas to bring me the 123! Mayve
a CSI next year....only a month or two to go!
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2024 4:57 PM
To: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Electronic Distributor

AHSpares just let me know about a new toy. I am always amazed and delighted
when someone comes up something new and high-tech for our old cars, but I
gotta believe any performance enhancement--for street cars anyway--would be
negligible? Could be a boon for anyone with a worn-out distributor though.

https://www.ahspares.co.uk/news/optimise-your-austin-healey-engine-performan
ce-with-csi-electronic-distributors.aspx

Bob
_______________________________________________
$12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked].
com

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Roger Grace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 11:26:40 -0800

--===============1919783652712936444==

--00000000000079fdd0060fca2973
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have the 123 installed with BT tune on 2 x BJ8 cars. Initially had one
with USB connection for several years, then upgraded.
I do believe that the CSI is very similar and quite coincidentally is also
made in the Netherlands - maybe a branded version ?
Yes they are great and easy to set up. I always do an initial confirming
check with a timing light too. Reassuring to know no points, springs or
weight wear to affect the timing. Also great to be able to drive about and
be able to see the actual advance and vacuum under different driving
conditions - I use a tablet on the passenger seat.
rg

On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 9:43=E2=80=AFAM Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> w=
rote:

> AHSpares just let me know about a new toy. I am always amazed and
> delighted when someone comes up something new and high-tech for our old
> cars, but I gotta believe any performance enhancement--for street cars
> anyway--would be negligible? Could be a boon for anyone with a worn-out
> distributor though.
>
>
> https://www.ahspares.co.uk/news/optimise-your-austin-healey-engine-perfor=
mance-with-csi-electronic-distributors.aspx
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--00000000000079fdd0060fca2973
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I have the 123 installed with BT tune on 2 x BJ8 cars=
. Initially had one with USB connection for several years, then upgraded.<b=
r></div><div>I do believe that the CSI is very similar and quite coincident=
ally is also made in the Netherlands - maybe a branded version ?</div><div>=
Yes they are great and easy to set up. I always do an initial confirming ch=
eck with a timing light too. Reassuring to know no points, springs or weigh=
t wear to affect the timing. Also great to be able to drive about and be ab=
le to see the actual advance and vacuum under different driving conditions =
- I use a tablet on the passenger seat.</div><div>rg <br></div></div><br><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Jan =
9, 2024 at 9:43=E2=80=AFAM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comca=
st.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"g=
mail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204=
,204,204);padding-left:1ex">AHSpares just let me know about a new toy. I am=
 always amazed and <br>
delighted when someone comes up something new and high-tech for our old <br=
cars, but I gotta believe any performance enhancement--for street cars <br>
anyway--would be negligible? Could be a boon for anyone with a worn-out <br=
distributor though.<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"https://www.ahspares.co.uk/news/optimise-your-austin-healey-engi=
ne-performance-with-csi-electronic-distributors.aspx" rel=3D"noreferrer" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">https://www.ahspares.co.uk/news/optimise-your-austin-healey=
-engine-performance-with-csi-electronic-distributors.aspx</a><br>
<br>
Bob<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000079fdd0060fca2973--

--===============1919783652712936444==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1919783652712936444==--