Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Door Check

From: Charles Frazer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 01:15:44 +0000

Somewhere I remember a  quick summary of adjusting the BJ8  door check, friction disk, etc. but I can’t find it.
Can somebody point me to it?
Thanks,
Charlie Frazer
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 17:07:20 +0000 A1Z62AhmkraQ3xwJKpAy93rlJgJ2trkkVUz9vTYzYRk+Vi82uVAOg8Hv5Bx7s+GF55DHcANutv78fXXePIEWSUemwZaV97hsIjU=

----_NmP-7b3a00b8b66567a2-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Looked in the AH Club Magazine Index- <strong>Sept. 2021</strong> =
there is a brief article with illustrations and parts, but adjustment is =
more about replacing the friction discs and the nut tightening. That =
article was a follow-up to a Roger Moment article on adjusting the 100 door=
 check.&nbsp; There may be an earlier story, I think by Norman Nock which =
actually talks about adjustment.&nbsp; Attached is the index of articles =
from that 54 year old magazine production.&nbsp; You may find it looking =
under topic of "Technical". Back issues are available from the archives. =
Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: "Charles Frazer" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "llennep--- via Healeys" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: June 22, 2024 at 6:32 PM PDT =
<br>Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Door Check <br>Somewhere I remember a quick =
summary of adjusting the BJ8 door check, friction disk, etc. but I =
can&rsquo;t find it.<br>Can somebody point me to it? Thanks, Charlie Frazer=
 _______________________________________________ Support Team.Net =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys=
 [email-masked] http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys =
harter.net</div>
----_NmP-7b3a00b8b66567a2-Part_1
 5-19-24.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Austin-Healey magazine index
 update 5-19-24.pdf"

----_NmP-7b3a00b8b66567a2-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

----_NmP-7b3a00b8b66567a2-Part_1--

---

From: andy pole <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 17:53:25 +0000

--===============1970100738807989481==
Content-Language: en-GB
	boundary="_000_DU0P251MB0481834E683EEF519098B170D5CB2DU0P251MB0481EURP_"

--_000_DU0P251MB0481834E683EEF519098B170D5CB2DU0P251MB0481EURP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Once the friction disc is worn and has no friction being smooth, adjusting =
makes no difference. I tested a few for ahead4healeys in different thicknes=
ses and types. They now sell the replacement for a few =A3.
Regards Andy

Sent from Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
________________________________
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Hank Leach via =
Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2024 6:07:20 PM
To: Charles Frazer <[email-masked]>; llennep--- via Healeys <Healeys@a=
utox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Door Check

Looked in the AH Club Magazine Index- Sept. 2021 there is a brief article w=
ith illustrations and parts, but adjustment is more about replacing the fri=
ction discs and the nut tightening. That article was a follow-up to a Roger=
 Moment article on adjusting the 100 door check.  There may be an earlier s=
tory, I think by Norman Nock which actually talks about adjustment.  Attach=
ed is the index of articles from that 54 year old magazine production.  You=
 may find it looking under topic of "Technical". Back issues are available =
from the archives. Hank
--------------------

From: "Charles Frazer" <[email-masked]>
To: "llennep--- via Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Sent: June 22, 2024 at 6:32 PM PDT
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Door Check
Somewhere I remember a quick summary of adjusting the BJ8 door check, frict=
ion disk, etc. but I can=92t find it.
Can somebody point me to it? Thanks, Charlie Frazer _______________________=
________________________ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html S=
uggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/heal=
eys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys [email-masked] http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

--_000_DU0P251MB0481834E683EEF519098B170D5CB2DU0P251MB0481EURP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DWindows-1=
252">
</head>
<body>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div dir=3D"ltr">Once the friction disc is worn and has no friction being s=
mooth, adjusting makes no difference. I tested a few for ahead4healeys in d=
ifferent thicknesses and types. They now sell the replacement for a few =A3=
.<span></span></div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">Regards Andy</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-signature">
<div><br>
</div>
Sent from <a href=3D"https://aka.ms/o0ukef">Outlook for iOS</a></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;healeys-b=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Hank Leach via Healeys &lt;healeys@a=
utox.team.net&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Sunday, June 23, 2024 6:07:20 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Charles Frazer &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; llennep--- via Heale=
ys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Door Check</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>Looked in the AH Club Magazine Index- <strong>Sept. 2021</strong> ther=
e is a brief article with illustrations and parts, but adjustment is more a=
bout replacing the friction discs and the nut tightening. That article was =
a follow-up to a Roger Moment article
 on adjusting the 100 door check.&nbsp; There may be an earlier story, I th=
ink by Norman Nock which actually talks about adjustment.&nbsp; Attached is=
 the index of articles from that 54 year old magazine production.&nbsp; You=
 may find it looking under topic of &quot;Technical&quot;.
 Back issues are available from the archives. Hank<br>
-------------------- <br>
<br>
From: &quot;Charles Frazer&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>
To: &quot;llennep--- via Healeys&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>
Sent: June 22, 2024 at 6:32 PM PDT <br>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Door Check <br>
Somewhere I remember a quick summary of adjusting the BJ8 door check, frict=
ion disk, etc. but I can=92t find it.<br>
Can somebody point me to it? Thanks, Charlie Frazer _______________________=
________________________ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html S=
uggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/heal=
eys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
 [email-masked] http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsu=
bscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/gradea1@chart=
er.net</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DU0P251MB0481834E683EEF519098B170D5CB2DU0P251MB0481EURP_--

--===============1970100738807989481==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1970100738807989481==--