Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Trans mounting

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 16:11:14 -0700

--===============0705578441393312996==

--000000000000e3633c061b6e8c30

Are the two top bolts used to secure the bell housing to the back plate
different from the rest of the bolts and nuts?  Do they screw into the
block?   I notice any screws I need to mount the transmission to the engine
for a BN2 are "N/A" in the Moss catalog.  Do I need lock washers for the
through hole bolts?  It looks like 3/8-24 by 1 1/4 inch long hex head
screws will do for the most part,but wondering about the top two and the
bottom two might have to be shorter to not interfere with the oil pan.
Anyone mount a BN2 transmission lately?
Mike MacLean

--000000000000e3633c061b6e8c30
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Are the two top bolts used to secure the bell housing=
 to the back plate different from the rest of the bolts and nuts?=C2=A0 Do =
they screw into the block?=C2=A0=C2=A0 I notice any screws I need to mount =
the transmission to the engine for a BN2 are &quot;N/A&quot; in the Moss ca=
talog.=C2=A0 Do I need lock washers for the through hole bolts?=C2=A0 It lo=
oks like 3/8-24 by 1 1/4 inch long hex head screws will do for the most par=
t,but wondering about the top two and the bottom two might have to be short=
er to not interfere with the oil pan.=C2=A0 Anyone mount a BN2 transmission=
 lately?</div><div>Mike MacLean<br></div></div>

--000000000000e3633c061b6e8c30--

--===============0705578441393312996==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0705578441393312996==--