Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 17:19:04 +0000

--===============3355755198576147384==
Content-Language: en-CA
	boundary="_000_DS7PR11MB6078F016518564E3A92E4409D1C82DS7PR11MB6078namp_"

--_000_DS7PR11MB6078F016518564E3A92E4409D1C82DS7PR11MB6078namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

There is a quad ring substitute made by Sterling Seal & Supply that work an=
d last far better than O-Rings,  they are called  Buna Quad seals and their=
 part number is Q-109-7470, see page 330 of the latest book by Roger Moment=
.

Jean

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada=92s largest network.
________________________________
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Hank Leach via =
Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2024 10:57:26 AM
To: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <healeys@aut=
ox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98

Yes, the OD cross shaft seals have been an issue for sometime and some supp=
liers sold just o-rings as a solution which were less than adequate. The ac=
tual double lipped seal is best needed to keep from leaking-two o'rings mad=
e the shaft/solenoid work harder. If you want to keep leaks to a minimum th=
ese seals are the best choice. The intimating part of the replacement was t=
o drive out the tapered pin which could be difficult. When doing the lever =
side I put the 3/16" drill bit in the OD setting hole before driving out th=
e pin. Check carefully for taper before driving it out the wrong way. You w=
ill be glad you fixed these two leaking ends. Hank
--------------------

From: "Bob Spidell" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: June 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM PDT
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98
Thanks for the input Craig. I'm still debating the flywheel; hopefully, my =
path will be apparent when I get the box out.

I'll be checking the bell housing bolts, and the input shaft for wear. I al=
ready have the OD operating shaft 'quad rings,' I got them as soon as I saw=
 Roger Moment's article (long story about the seller).

Bob

On 6/19/2024 1:54 PM, Craig Cooper wrote:
Re:  Lightened Flywheels

Hi Bob:  I absolutely love the extra power (perceived or actual) in my Heal=
eys with light flywheels.  My BN1 has one from DW that weighs about 12 poun=
ds and I'm using DW's damper on the front.  The car has an upgraded cranksh=
aft and BN7 gearbox, so maybe that's kept it from flying apart.  My BN7 w/B=
J8 cam has an alloy flywheel I got on eBay that I think weighs about 20 pou=
nds.  It runs smooth as silk with no ill effects.  I still can get occasion=
al run-on though, with lower octane fuel.

On the gearbox oil leaks, check the lower bell housing bolts which, at leas=
t on the side shifts, extend into the gearbox and can leak.  Also, "Quad Ri=
ng" OD operating shaft seals are available from AH Spares, part 0VD185MS.  =
I haven't tried them yet, but it seems like they would be an improvement ov=
er the single O rings generally used.
OVD185MS

--_000_DS7PR11MB6078F016518564E3A92E4409D1C82DS7PR11MB6078namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DWindows-1=
252">
</head>
<body>
<div dir=3D"auto">There is a quad ring substitute made by Sterling Seal &am=
p; Supply that work and last far better than O-Rings,&nbsp; they are called=
&nbsp; Buna Quad seals and their part number is Q-109-7470, see page 330 of=
 the latest book by Roger Moment.</div>
<div dir=3D"auto"><br>
</div>
<div dir=3D"auto">Jean</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div dir=3D"auto" id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-signature">Sent from my Bell Sams=
ung device over Canada=92s largest network.</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;healeys-b=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Hank Leach via Healeys &lt;healeys@a=
utox.team.net&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Thursday, June 20, 2024 10:57:26 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> Bob Spidell &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked]=
 &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>Yes, the OD cross shaft seals have been an issue for sometime and some=
 suppliers sold just o-rings as a solution which were less than adequate. T=
he actual double lipped seal is best needed to keep from leaking-two o'ring=
s made the shaft/solenoid work harder.
 If you want to keep leaks to a minimum these seals are the best choice. Th=
e intimating part of the replacement was to drive out the tapered pin which=
 could be difficult. When doing the lever side I put the 3/16&quot; drill b=
it in the OD setting hole before driving
 out the pin. Check carefully for taper before driving it out the wrong way=
. You will be glad you fixed these two leaking ends. Hank<br>
-------------------- <br>
<br>
From: &quot;Bob Spidell&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>
To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>
Sent: June 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM PDT <br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98 <br>
Thanks for the input Craig. I'm still debating the flywheel; hopefully, my =
path will be apparent when I get the box out.<br>
<br>
I'll be checking the bell housing bolts, and the input shaft for wear. I al=
ready have the OD operating shaft 'quad rings,' I got them as soon as I saw=
 Roger Moment's article (long story about the seller).<br>
<br>
Bob<br>
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_moz-cite-prefix">On 6/19/2024 1:54 PM, Craig Cooper wrote:<=
/div>
<blockquote>
<div>
<div class=3D"x_gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large">Re:&nbsp; Lightene=
d Flywheels</div>
<div class=3D"x_gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large">&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"x_gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large">Hi Bob:&nbsp; I ab=
solutely love the extra power (perceived or actual) in my Healeys with ligh=
t flywheels.&nbsp; My BN1 has one from DW that weighs about 12 pounds and I=
'm using DW's damper on the front.&nbsp; The car has
 an upgraded crankshaft and BN7 gearbox, so maybe that's kept it from flyin=
g apart.&nbsp; My BN7 w/BJ8 cam has an alloy flywheel I got on eBay that I =
think weighs about 20 pounds.&nbsp; It runs smooth as&nbsp;silk with no ill=
 effects.&nbsp; I still can get occasional run-on though,
 with lower octane fuel.&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"x_gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large">&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"x_gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large">On the gearbox oil=
 leaks, check the lower bell housing bolts which, at least on the side shif=
ts, extend into the gearbox and can leak.&nbsp; Also, &quot;Quad Ring&quot;=
 OD operating shaft seals are available from AH Spares,
 part 0VD185MS.&nbsp; I haven't tried them yet, but it seems like they woul=
d be an improvement over the single O rings generally used.&nbsp;&nbsp;</di=
v>
<div class=3D"x_gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:large"><span style=3D"col=
or:rgb(46,46,46); font-family:Roboto,sans-serif; font-size:13.6px">OVD185MS=
</span></div>
</div>
<span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap"></span></blockquote>
<div><br>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DS7PR11MB6078F016518564E3A92E4409D1C82DS7PR11MB6078namp_--

--===============3355755198576147384==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3355755198576147384==--

---

From: warthodson--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 18:49:17 +0000 (UTC)

--===============3320950088901608563==
	boundary="----=_Part_7057240_617871183.1718909357703"

------=_Part_7057240_617871183.1718909357703
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Is there a source for the double lip seals? It is my understanding that th=
ese seals can be replaced without disassembling the OD to get inside it. Am=
 I correct?Gary
    On Thursday, June 20, 2024 at 11:27:44 AM CDT, Hank Leach via Healeys <=
[email-masked]> wrote:  =20

 Yes, the OD cross shaft seals have been an issue for sometime and some sup=
pliers sold just o-rings as a solution which were less than adequate. The a=
ctual double lipped seal is best needed to keep from leaking-two o'rings ma=
de the shaft/solenoid work harder. If you want to keep leaks to a minimum t=
hese seals are the best choice. The intimating part of the replacement was =
to drive out the tapered pin which could be difficult. When doing the lever=
 side I put the 3/16" drill bit in the OD setting hole before driving out t=
he pin. Check carefully for taper before driving it out the wrong way. You =
will be glad you fixed these two leaking ends. Hank
--------------------=20

From: "Bob Spidell" <[email-masked]>=20
To: <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: June 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM PDT=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98=20
Thanks for the input Craig. I'm still debating the flywheel; hopefully, my =
path will be apparent when I get the box out.

Bob

On 6/19/2024 1:54 PM, Craig Cooper wrote:
Re:=C2=A0 Lightened Flywheels=C2=A0Hi Bob:=C2=A0 I absolutely love the extr=
a power (perceived or actual) in my Healeys with light flywheels.=C2=A0 My =
BN1 has one from DW that weighs about 12 pounds and I'm using DW's damper o=
n the front.=C2=A0 The car has an upgraded crankshaft and BN7 gearbox, so m=
aybe that's kept it from flying apart.=C2=A0 My BN7 w/BJ8 cam has an alloy =
flywheel I got on eBay that I think weighs about 20 pounds.=C2=A0 It runs s=
mooth as=C2=A0silk with no ill effects.=C2=A0 I still can get occasional ru=
n-on though, with lower octane fuel.=C2=A0=C2=A0On the gearbox oil leaks, c=
heck the lower bell housing bolts which, at least on the side shifts, exten=
d into the gearbox and can leak.=C2=A0 Also, "Quad Ring" OD operating shaft=
 seals are available from AH Spares, part 0VD185MS.=C2=A0 I haven't tried t=
hem yet, but it seems like they would be an improvement over the single O r=
ings generally used.=C2=A0=C2=A0OVD185MS=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e/healeys

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

 =20
------=_Part_7057240_617871183.1718909357703
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"ydpc0d33cc6yahoo-style-wrap" style=
=3D"font-family:Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div></div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Is there a source for the do=
uble lip seals? It is my understanding that these seals can be replaced wit=
hout disassembling the OD to get inside it. Am I correct?</div><div dir=3D"=
ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Gary</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"=
><br></div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"ydped2a7392yahoo_quoted_9821174600" class=3D"ydped=
2a7392yahoo_quoted"><div class=3D"ydped2a7392yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"fon=
t-family:Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">
            <div style=3D"font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, s=
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
               =20
                <div class=3D"ydped2a7392quoted-text-header">
                        On Thursday, June 20, 2024 at 11:27:44 AM CDT, Hank=
 Leach via Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
                    </div>
                </div><div style=3D"font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica=
, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;border-left: 1px solid #cc=
c;padding-left: 8px;margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px" class=3D"ydped2a7392inline_rep=
ly_quote_container" data-split-quote-node=3D"true">
                <div><br></div><div><br></div>
                <div><div id=3D"ydped2a7392yiv6653285834"><div>Yes, the OD =
cross shaft seals have been an issue for sometime and some suppliers sold j=
ust o-rings as a solution which were less than adequate. The actual double =
lipped seal is best needed to keep from leaking-two o'rings made the shaft/=
solenoid work harder. If you want to keep leaks to a minimum these seals ar=
e the best choice. The intimating part of the replacement was to drive out =
the tapered pin which could be difficult. When doing the lever side I put t=
he 3/16" drill bit in the OD setting hole before driving out the pin. Check=
 carefully for taper before driving it out the wrong way. You will be glad =
you fixed these two leaking ends. Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From=
: "Bob Spidell" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: &lt;[email-masked]=
.net&gt; <br>Sent: June 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM PDT <br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] =
Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98 <br>Thanks for the input Craig. I'm still =
debating the flywheel; hopefully, my path will be apparent when I get the b=
ox out.<br><br>I'll be checking the bell housing bolts, and the input shaft=
 for wear. I already have the OD operating shaft 'quad rings,' I got them a=
s soon as I saw Roger Moment's article (long story about the seller).<br><b=
r>Bob<br><br></div>
<div class=3D"ydped2a7392yiv6653285834moz-cite-prefix">On 6/19/2024 1:54 PM=
, Craig Cooper wrote:</div>
<blockquote>
<div>
<div style=3D"font-size:large;" class=3D"ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_defa=
ult">Re:&nbsp; Lightened Flywheels</div>
<div style=3D"font-size:large;" class=3D"ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_defa=
ult">&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-size:large;" class=3D"ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_defa=
ult">Hi Bob:&nbsp; I absolutely love the extra power (perceived or actual) =
in my Healeys with light flywheels.&nbsp; My BN1 has one from DW that weigh=
s about 12 pounds and I'm using DW's damper on the front.&nbsp; The car has=
 an upgraded crankshaft and BN7 gearbox, so maybe that's kept it from flyin=
g apart.&nbsp; My BN7 w/BJ8 cam has an alloy flywheel I got on eBay that I =
think weighs about 20 pounds.&nbsp; It runs smooth as&nbsp;silk with no ill=
 effects.&nbsp; I still can get occasional run-on though, with lower octane=
 fuel.&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-size:large;" class=3D"ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_defa=
ult">&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-size:large;" class=3D"ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_defa=
ult">On the gearbox oil leaks, check the lower bell housing bolts which, at=
 least on the side shifts, extend into the gearbox and can leak.&nbsp; Also=
, "Quad Ring" OD operating shaft seals are available from AH Spares, part 0=
VD185MS.&nbsp; I haven't tried them yet, but it seems like they would be an=
 improvement over the single O rings generally used.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-size:large;" class=3D"ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_defa=
ult"><span style=3D"color:rgb(46,46,46);font-family:Roboto, sans-serif;font=
-size:13.6px;">OVD185MS</span></div>
</div>
<span> </span></blockquote>
<div><br><br></div></div>_______________________________________________<br=
>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3D"nofoll=
ow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annu=
al donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pip=
ermail/healeys" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipe=
rmail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"=
nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br><b=
r><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_bla=
nk">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/=
mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://a=
utox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofollow" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/warthodson@=
aol.com</a><br><br></div>
            </div>
        </div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_7057240_617871183.1718909357703--

--===============3320950088901608563==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3320950088901608563==--

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 19:50:51 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------Qh8zbEixV1aJAERNIHu1LEd0
 boundary="------------oOLFj9Swk9pQj8WOOPuSeTBb"

--------------oOLFj9Swk9pQj8WOOPuSeTBb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

See attachment.

The one on the adjustment lever on the passenger side can be replaced 
easily (see Jean's email on pin removal). On the driver's side--with the 
solenoid--you have to remove the operating lever and, I think, the plate 
underneath. But you can do this without removing the gearbox and OD.

bs

On 6/20/2024 11:49 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Is there a source for the double lip seals? It is my understanding 
> that these seals can be replaced without disassembling the OD to get 
> inside it. Am I correct?
> Gary
>
> On Thursday, June 20, 2024 at 11:27:44 AM CDT, Hank Leach via Healeys 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> Yes, the OD cross shaft seals have been an issue for sometime and some 
> suppliers sold just o-rings as a solution which were less than 
> adequate. The actual double lipped seal is best needed to keep from 
> leaking-two o'rings made the shaft/solenoid work harder. If you want 
> to keep leaks to a minimum these seals are the best choice. The 
> intimating part of the replacement was to drive out the tapered pin 
> which could be difficult. When doing the lever side I put the 3/16" 
> drill bit in the OD setting hole before driving out the pin. Check 
> carefully for taper before driving it out the wrong way. You will be 
> glad you fixed these two leaking ends. Hank
> --------------------
>
> Thanks for the input Craig. I'm still debating the flywheel; 
> hopefully, my path will be apparent when I get the box out.
>
> I'll be checking the bell housing bolts, and the input shaft for wear. 
> I already have the OD operating shaft 'quad rings,' I got them as soon 
> as I saw Roger Moment's article (long story about the seller).
>
> Bob
>
>     Hi Bob:  I absolutely love the extra power (perceived or actual)
>     in my Healeys with light flywheels.  My BN1 has one from DW that
>     weighs about 12 pounds and I'm using DW's damper on the front. 
>     The car has an upgraded crankshaft and BN7 gearbox, so maybe
>     that's kept it from flying apart.  My BN7 w/BJ8 cam has an alloy
>     flywheel I got on eBay that I think weighs about 20 pounds.  It
>     runs smooth as silk with no ill effects.  I still can get
>     occasional run-on though, with lower octane fuel.
>     On the gearbox oil leaks, check the lower bell housing bolts
>     which, at least on the side shifts, extend into the gearbox and
>     can leak.  Also, "Quad Ring" OD operating shaft seals are
>     available from AH Spares, part 0VD185MS.  I haven't tried them
>     yet, but it seems like they would be an improvement over the
>     single O rings generally used.
>     OVD185MS
>
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------oOLFj9Swk9pQj8WOOPuSeTBb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    See attachment.<br>
    <br>
    The one on the adjustment lever on the passenger side can be
    replaced easily (see Jean's email on pin removal). On the driver's
    side--with the solenoid--you have to remove the operating lever and,
    I think, the plate underneath. But you can do this without removing
    the gearbox and OD.<br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/20/2024 11:49 AM,
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div class="ydpc0d33cc6yahoo-style-wrap"
        style="font-family:Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Is there a source for the
          double lip seals? It is my understanding that these seals can
          be replaced without disassembling the OD to get inside it. Am
          I correct?</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Gary</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div id="ydped2a7392yahoo_quoted_9821174600"
        class="ydped2a7392yahoo_quoted">
        <div class="ydped2a7392yahoo-style-wrap"
          style="font-family:Comic Sans MS, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">
          <div
style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
            <div class="ydped2a7392quoted-text-header"> On Thursday,
              June 20, 2024 at 11:27:44 AM CDT, Hank Leach via Healeys
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote: </div>
          </div>
          <div
style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;border-left: 1px solid #ccc;padding-left: 8px;margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px"
            class="ydped2a7392inline_reply_quote_container"
            data-split-quote-node="true">
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>
              <div id="ydped2a7392yiv6653285834">
                <div>Yes, the OD cross shaft seals have been an issue
                  for sometime and some suppliers sold just o-rings as a
                  solution which were less than adequate. The actual
                  double lipped seal is best needed to keep from
                  leaking-two o'rings made the shaft/solenoid work
                  harder. If you want to keep leaks to a minimum these
                  seals are the best choice. The intimating part of the
                  replacement was to drive out the tapered pin which
                  could be difficult. When doing the lever side I put
                  the 3/16" drill bit in the OD setting hole before
                  driving out the pin. Check carefully for taper before
                  driving it out the wrong way. You will be glad you
                  fixed these two leaking ends. Hank<br>
                  -------------------- <br>
                  <br>
                  From: "Bob Spidell" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <br>
                  To: <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <br>
                  Sent: June 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM PDT <br>
                  Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue
                  98 <br>
                  Thanks for the input Craig. I'm still debating the
                  flywheel; hopefully, my path will be apparent when I
                  get the box out.<br>
                  <br>
                  I'll be checking the bell housing bolts, and the input
                  shaft for wear. I already have the OD operating shaft
                  'quad rings,' I got them as soon as I saw Roger
                  Moment's article (long story about the seller).<br>
                  <br>
                  Bob<br>
                  <br>
                </div>
                <div class="ydped2a7392yiv6653285834moz-cite-prefix">On
                  6/19/2024 1:54 PM, Craig Cooper wrote:</div>
                <blockquote>
                  <div>
                    <div style="font-size:large;"
                      class="ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_default">Re: 
                      Lightened Flywheels</div>
                    <div style="font-size:large;"
                      class="ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_default"> </div>
                    <div style="font-size:large;"
                      class="ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_default">Hi
                      Bob:  I absolutely love the extra power (perceived
                      or actual) in my Healeys with light flywheels.  My
                      BN1 has one from DW that weighs about 12 pounds
                      and I'm using DW's damper on the front.  The car
                      has an upgraded crankshaft and BN7 gearbox, so
                      maybe that's kept it from flying apart.  My BN7
                      w/BJ8 cam has an alloy flywheel I got on eBay that
                      I think weighs about 20 pounds.  It runs smooth
                      as silk with no ill effects.  I still can get
                      occasional run-on though, with lower octane fuel. </div>
                    <div style="font-size:large;"
                      class="ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_default"> </div>
                    <div style="font-size:large;"
                      class="ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_default">On
                      the gearbox oil leaks, check the lower bell
                      housing bolts which, at least on the side shifts,
                      extend into the gearbox and can leak.  Also, "Quad
                      Ring" OD operating shaft seals are available from
                      AH Spares, part 0VD185MS.  I haven't tried them
                      yet, but it seems like they would be an
                      improvement over the single O rings generally
                      used.  </div>
                    <div style="font-size:large;"
                      class="ydped2a7392yiv6653285834gmail_default"><span
style="color:rgb(46,46,46);font-family:Roboto, sans-serif;font-size:13.6px;">OVD185MS</span></div>
                  </div>
                  <span> </span></blockquote>
                <div><br>
                  <br>
                </div>
              </div>
              _______________________________________________<br>
              Support Team.Net <a
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel="nofollow"
                target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
              Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
              <br>
              Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                rel="nofollow" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
              <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                rel="nofollow" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
              <br>
              <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="nofollow"
                target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
              <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                rel="nofollow" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
              <br>
              Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                rel="nofollow" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
              <br>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------oOLFj9Swk9pQj8WOOPuSeTBb--

--------------Qh8zbEixV1aJAERNIHu1LEd0
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="ODSeal.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------Qh8zbEixV1aJAERNIHu1LEd0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------Qh8zbEixV1aJAERNIHu1LEd0--