Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 15:57:26 +0000 r2OhOvyzrFehsfzZMd9bb4ZWcZHZT9EBixfRLNcdbAzq3gBTd+WL5At7PzFMVeZiSSwBmC3usLGlZlFPB3hVaW3UkscSBtUOgTV32UBF+htclHsagSvTGJeM

----_NmP-22affa6eb2389cec-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Yes, the OD cross shaft seals have been an issue for sometime and some=
 suppliers sold just o-rings as a solution which were less than adequate. =
The actual double lipped seal is best needed to keep from leaking-two =
o'rings made the shaft/solenoid work harder. If you want to keep leaks to a=
 minimum these seals are the best choice. The intimating part of the =
replacement was to drive out the tapered pin which could be difficult. When=
 doing the lever side I put the 3/16" drill bit in the OD setting hole =
before driving out the pin. Check carefully for taper before driving it out=
 the wrong way. You will be glad you fixed these two leaking ends. =
Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: "Bob Spidell" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt; =
<br>Sent: June 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM PDT <br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys =
Digest, Vol 17, Issue 98 <br>Thanks for the input Craig. I'm still debating=
 the flywheel; hopefully, my path will be apparent when I get the box out.=
<br><br>I'll be checking the bell housing bolts, and the input shaft for =
wear. I already have the OD operating shaft 'quad rings,' I got them as =
soon as I saw Roger Moment's article (long story about the seller).=
<br><br>Bob<br><br></div>
<div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">On 6/19/2024 1:54 =
PM, Craig Cooper wrote:</div>
<blockquote>
<div>
<div =
class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size: large;">Re:&nbsp; Lightened =
Flywheels</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size: =
large;">&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size: =
large;">Hi Bob:&nbsp; I absolutely love the extra power (perceived or =
actual) in my Healeys with light flywheels.&nbsp; My BN1 has one from DW =
that weighs about 12 pounds and I'm using DW's damper on the front.&nbsp; =
The car has an upgraded crankshaft and BN7 gearbox, so maybe that's kept it=
 from flying apart.&nbsp; My BN7 w/BJ8 cam has an alloy flywheel I got on =
eBay that I think weighs about 20 pounds.&nbsp; It runs smooth as&nbsp;silk=
 with no ill effects.&nbsp; I still can get occasional run-on though, with =
lower octane fuel.&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_default" =
style=3D"font-size: large;">&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_default" =
style=3D"font-size: large;">On the gearbox oil leaks, check the lower bell =
housing bolts which, at least on the side shifts, extend into the gearbox =
and can leak.&nbsp; Also, "Quad Ring" OD operating shaft seals are =
available from AH Spares, part 0VD185MS.&nbsp; I haven't tried them yet, =
but it seems like they would be an improvement over the single O rings =
generally used.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_default" =
style=3D"font-size: large;"><span style=3D"color: rgb(46,46,46); =
font-family: Roboto,sans-serif; font-size: 13.6px;">OVD185MS</span></div>
</div>
<span style=3D"white-space: pre-wrap;"> </span></blockquote>
<div><br><br></div>
----_NmP-22affa6eb2389cec-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="HH-drive shaft pin.jpg"

----_NmP-22affa6eb2389cec-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

----_NmP-22affa6eb2389cec-Part_1--