Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 06:48:25 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4379643952969808487==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001B_01DADFF0.FB673100"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01DADFF0.FB673100
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have used all the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside of =
the entire compartment in addition to the header pipes all the way to =
the mufflers.  For the seats, their cover has been replaced with real =
leather, extra padding and installed the metal lift from Hendrix to Kant =
the back of the seat along with moving the seat as far back as possible. =
 I am 6 foot one with long legs as a result I am much more comfortable =
driving the long trips, although have not taken any in many years. =
Meanwhile, still enjoying my Healey on 2- and 3-hour trips in the SW =
Florida winter.  Never in the summer.  82 years young!

=20

Really do enjoy these conversations,

=20

Bob Begani=20

67 BJ8=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Hank Leach =
via Healeys
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2024 12:58 AM
To: Harold Manifold <[email-masked]>; richard mayor =
<[email-masked]>
Cc: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation

=20

As long as we are all showing our underwear, here is my solution to the =
heat issues.  I used a composite aluminum bubble wrap called Prodex on =
the 100 floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the standard proper =
underlayment. It made a huge difference in heat and sound. Hank
--------------------=20

>=20
To: "richard mayor" <[email-masked] =
Sent: July 26, 2024 at 6:16 PM PDT=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation=20

Since we are on this topic I did something similar to Richard. Under the =
insulation boards on the engine side of the foot well I put a layer of =
Kool Mat. On the inside of the foot well a layer of Noico sound =
deadening and then a layer of Noico insulation liner. Just to be safe I =
wrapped the headers. The attached picture is fitting the Koot Mat before =
installing the insulation boards.=20

=20

I had never restored a Healey before but was warned about the infamous =
Healey Hot Foot. My approach might be a bit of overkill but no problems =
with hot feet.

=20

Harold

=20

On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20=E2=80=AFPM richard mayor =

I insulated the footwells from the engine side with an adhesive heat =
barrier material used in race cars.  Sorry, can=E2=80=99t tell you the =
manufacturer.  I made sure there were no cracks, gaps or holes. Any =
firewall gaps where cables or hoses go through  were sealed with dum-dum =
(3 M black rope caulk).  I used Hush Mat on the inside of my foot well.  =
I put the Hush Mat all across the top of the inside of the firewall =
where that strip of tar paper is applied and I also covered the air box =
that goes across the inside of the firewall.

 I eliminated the two piece metal tunnel and tunnel extension and used a =
BJ8 fiberglass tunnel which makes a really good seal in that area. =
Finally, I put side vents in my fenders that allows the heat to flow out =
and eliminates that high pressure area in the transmission tunnel.  I =
have no insulation, inside or out, and no carpeting  on my BJ8 tunnel.  =
It gets fairly warm on hot days but it does not get hot.=20

I can drive my car in 90 degree weather and my feet stay cool. =20

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys =
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

=20

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01DADFF0.FB673100
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I have used =
all the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside of the entire =
compartment in addition to the header pipes all the way to the =
mufflers.=C2=A0 For the seats, their cover has been replaced with real =
leather, extra padding and installed the metal lift from Hendrix to Kant =
the back of the seat along with moving the seat as far back as =
possible.=C2=A0 I am 6 foot one with long legs as a result I am much =
more comfortable driving the long trips, although have not taken any in =
many years. Meanwhile, still enjoying my Healey on 2- and 3-hour trips =
in the SW Florida winter.=C2=A0 Never in the summer.=C2=A0 82 years =
young!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Really do =
enjoy these conversations,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Bob Begani =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>67 BJ8 =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Hank =
Leach via Healeys<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, July 27, 2024 12:58 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> Harold Manifold &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; richard =
mayor &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] End of =
an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>As long =
as we are all showing our underwear, here is my solution to the heat =
issues.&nbsp; I used a composite aluminum bubble wrap called Prodex on =
the 100 floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the standard proper =
underlayment. It made a huge difference in heat and sound. =
Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: &quot;Harold Manifold&quot; =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
<br>To: &quot;richard mayor&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
<br>Cc: &quot;Healeys&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
<br>Sent: July 26, 2024 at 6:16 PM PDT <br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of =
an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation <o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Since we are on this topic I did something =
similar&nbsp;to Richard. Under the insulation boards on the engine side =
of the foot well I put a layer of Kool Mat. On the inside of the foot =
well a layer of Noico sound deadening and then a layer of Noico =
insulation liner. Just to be safe I wrapped the headers. The =
attached&nbsp;picture is fitting the Koot Mat before installing the =
insulation boards. <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
had never restored&nbsp;a Healey before but was warned about the =
infamous Healey Hot Foot. My approach&nbsp;might be a bit of overkill =
but no problems with hot feet.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Harold<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20<span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>=E2=80=AF</span>PM richard =
mayor &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>I insulated the footwells from the engine =
side with an adhesive heat barrier material used in race cars.&nbsp; =
Sorry, can=E2=80=99t tell you the manufacturer.&nbsp; I made sure there =
were no cracks, gaps or holes. Any firewall gaps where cables or hoses =
go through&nbsp; were sealed with dum-dum (3 M black rope caulk).&nbsp; =
I used Hush Mat on the inside of my foot well.&nbsp; I put the Hush Mat =
all across the top of the inside of the firewall where that strip of tar =
paper is applied and I also covered the air box that goes across the =
inside of the firewall.<br><br>&nbsp;I eliminated the two piece metal =
tunnel and tunnel extension and used a BJ8 fiberglass tunnel which makes =
a really good seal in that area. Finally, I put side vents in my fenders =
that allows the heat to flow out and eliminates that high pressure area =
in the transmission tunnel.&nbsp; I have no insulation, inside or out, =
and no carpeting&nbsp; on my BJ8 tunnel.&nbsp; It gets fairly warm on =
hot days but it does not get hot. <br><br>I can drive my car in 90 =
degree weather and my feet stay cool.&nbsp; =
<br><br><br><br>_______________________________________________<br>Suppor=
t Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"=
 =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold@=
telus.net</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01DADFF0.FB673100--

--===============4379643952969808487==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4379643952969808487==--

---

From: Stephen Hutchings via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 21:25:30 -0400

--===============8192121272834326781==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_B7117F34-6E2E-4B08-A256-B1EC6959F72B"

--Apple-Mail=_B7117F34-6E2E-4B08-A256-B1EC6959F72B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I have a BJ8, and I=E2=80=99ve always wondered about canting the seat =
back=E2=80=A6on my car I just don=E2=80=99t see how it would work =
because it=E2=80=99s pushed back as far as it will go and hits the =
quarter panel trim.
I=E2=80=99ve got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I would have =
to move the seat forward, and  I would  then not have enough room for my =
legs =E2=80=A6maybe a lot of you BJ8 owners have shorter legs than me?
Over the years I=E2=80=99ve thought about removing the quarter panel =
trim, but that would be kind of ugly.=20
I=E2=80=99ve driven the car across North America, and many miles since, =
so I=E2=80=99ve learned to get used to it, but it=E2=80=99s definitely =
not the ideal driving position!

Stephen, BJ8

> On Jul 27, 2024, at 6:48=E2=80=AFAM, [email-masked] wrote:
>=20
> From: Healeys <[email-masked] =
Healeys
> As long as we are all showing our underwear, here is my solution to =
the heat issues.  I used a composite aluminum bubble wrap called Prodex =
on the 100 floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the standard proper =
underlayment. It made a huge difference in heat and sound. Hank
> --------------------=20
>=20
> From: "Harold Manifold" <[email-masked] =

> Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation=20=

> Since we are on this topic I did something similar to Richard. Under =
the insulation boards on the engine side of the foot well I put a layer =
of Kool Mat. On the inside of the foot well a layer of Noico sound =
deadening and then a layer of Noico insulation liner. Just to be safe I =
wrapped the headers. The attached picture is fitting the Koot Mat before =
installing the insulation boards.=20
>>=20
>>  I eliminated the two piece metal tunnel and tunnel extension and =
used a BJ8 fiberglass tunnel which makes a really good seal in that =
area. Finally, I put side vents in my fenders that allows the heat to =
flow out and eliminates that high pressure area in the transmission =
tunnel.  I have no insulation, inside or out, and no carpeting  on my =
BJ8 tunnel.  It gets fairly warm on hot days but it does not get hot.=20
>> Support Team.Net <http://team.net/> http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
> Support Team.Net <http://team.net/> http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_B7117F34-6E2E-4B08-A256-B1EC6959F72B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">I have a BJ8, =
and I=E2=80=99ve always wondered about canting the seat back=E2=80=A6on =
my car I just don=E2=80=99t see how it would work because it=E2=80=99s =
pushed back as far as it will go and hits the quarter panel =
trim.<div>I=E2=80=99ve got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I =
would have to move the seat forward, and &nbsp;I would &nbsp;then not =
have enough room for my legs =E2=80=A6maybe a lot of you BJ8 owners have =
shorter legs than me?</div><div>Over the years I=E2=80=99ve thought =
about removing the quarter panel trim, but that would be kind of =
ugly.&nbsp;</div><div>I=E2=80=99ve driven the car across North America, =
and many miles since, so I=E2=80=99ve learned to get used to it, but =
it=E2=80=99s definitely not the ideal driving =
position!</div><div><br></div><div>Stephen, BJ8<br =
id=3D"lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage"><div><br><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div>On Jul 27, 2024, at 6:48=E2=80=AFAM, =
[email-masked] wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div><meta charset=3D"UTF-8"><div =
class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: WordSection1; caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span style=3D"font-size: 16pt; =
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">I have used all the insulation =
mentioned to the outside and inside of the entire compartment in =
addition to the header pipes all the way to the mufflers.&nbsp; For the =
seats, their cover has been replaced with real leather, extra padding =
and installed the metal lift from Hendrix to Kant the back of the seat =
along with moving the seat as far back as possible.&nbsp; I am 6 foot =
one with long legs as a result I am much more comfortable driving the =
long trips, although have not taken any in many years. Meanwhile, still =
enjoying my Healey on 2- and 3-hour trips in the SW Florida =
winter.&nbsp; Never in the summer.&nbsp; 82 years =
young!<o:p></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: =
12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span style=3D"font-size: 16pt; =
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;"><span style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;">Really do enjoy these =
conversations,<o:p></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Bob =
Begani<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></span></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;"><span style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;">67 BJ8<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></span></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;"><span style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"border-width: =
1pt medium medium; border-style: solid none none; border-color: rgb(225, =
225, 225) currentcolor currentcolor; border-image: none; padding: 3pt =
0in 0in;"><div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: =
Aptos, sans-serif;"><b><span style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: =
Calibri, sans-serif;">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><b>On Behalf Of<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></b>Hank Leach via =
Healeys<br><b>Sent:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Saturday, July 27, 2024 =
12:58 AM<br><b>To:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Harold Manifold &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt;; richard mayor =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Re: [Healeys] End of an Era =
- Route 66 trip - car preparation<o:p></o:p></span></div></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">As long as we are all =
showing our underwear, here is my solution to the heat issues.&nbsp; I =
used a composite aluminum bubble wrap called Prodex on the 100 =
floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the standard proper underlayment. =
It made a huge difference in heat and sound. =
Hank<br>--------------------<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br><br>From: "Harold =
Manifold" &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: =
blue; text-decoration: underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br>To: "richard mayor" =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br>Cc: "Healeys" &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br>Sent: July 26, 2024 at =
6:16 PM PDT<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br>Subject:=
 Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></div></div><div><=
div style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;">Since we are on this topic I did something similar&nbsp;to =
Richard. Under the insulation boards on the engine side of the foot well =
I put a layer of Kool Mat. On the inside of the foot well a layer of =
Noico sound deadening and then a layer of Noico insulation liner. Just =
to be safe I wrapped the headers. The attached&nbsp;picture is fitting =
the Koot Mat before installing the insulation boards.<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></div><div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: =
0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">I had never =
restored&nbsp;a Healey before but was warned about the infamous Healey =
Hot Foot. My approach&nbsp;might be a bit of overkill but no problems =
with hot feet.<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin: =
0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;">Harold<o:p></o:p></div></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin:=
 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></div></div><div><div><div style=3D"margin: =
0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">On Fri, Jul 26, =
2024 at 2:20<span style=3D"font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">=E2=80=AF</spa=
n>PM richard mayor &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></div></div><blockquote style=3D"border-width: medium =
medium medium 1pt; border-style: none none none solid; border-color: =
currentcolor currentcolor currentcolor rgb(204, 204, 204); border-image: =
none; padding: 0in 0in 0in 6pt; margin-left: 4.8pt; margin-right: 0in;" =
type=3D"cite"><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 12pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">I insulated the =
footwells from the engine side with an adhesive heat barrier material =
used in race cars.&nbsp; Sorry, can=E2=80=99t tell you the =
manufacturer.&nbsp; I made sure there were no cracks, gaps or holes. Any =
firewall gaps where cables or hoses go through&nbsp; were sealed with =
dum-dum (3 M black rope caulk).&nbsp; I used Hush Mat on the inside of =
my foot well.&nbsp; I put the Hush Mat all across the top of the inside =
of the firewall where that strip of tar paper is applied and I also =
covered the air box that goes across the inside of the =
firewall.<br><br>&nbsp;I eliminated the two piece metal tunnel and =
tunnel extension and used a BJ8 fiberglass tunnel which makes a really =
good seal in that area. Finally, I put side vents in my fenders that =
allows the heat to flow out and eliminates that high pressure area in =
the transmission tunnel.&nbsp; I have no insulation, inside or out, and =
no carpeting&nbsp; on my BJ8 tunnel.&nbsp; It gets fairly warm on hot =
days but it does not get hot.<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br><br>I can drive my car =
in 90 degree weather and my feet stay cool.&nbsp;<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br><br><br><br>_____________=
__________________________________<br>Support<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a href=3D"http://team.net/" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: underline;">Team.Net</a><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color:=
 blue; text-decoration: =
underline;">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual =
donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_blank" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: =
underline;">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" target=3D"_blank" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: =
underline;">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color: =
blue; text-decoration: underline;">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: =
underline;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: =
underline;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
et</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, =
sans-serif;">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></div></div></div><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline =
!important;">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">Support<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://team.net/" style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: =
underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">Team.Net</a><span style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;"><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><span style=3D"caret-color:=
 rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;"><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" style=3D"color: =
blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
om" style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
</a></div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_B7117F34-6E2E-4B08-A256-B1EC6959F72B--

--===============8192121272834326781==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8192121272834326781==--

---

From: Al Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 21:01:17 -0700

--===============7610537692329284731==

--0000000000007e98fa061e46cc55
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Stephen: you could try canting the driver's seat back with relatively low
effort and no permanent damage to the car by removing the seat and
inserting either a wedge or just a bushing in the front. Yes, you might
have to move the seat forward a bit but the resultant position might still
be better.

________________
Best Regards,
Al Fuller

On Sat, Jul 27, 2024, 6:34=E2=80=AFPM Stephen Hutchings via Healeys <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have a BJ8, and I=E2=80=99ve always wondered about canting the seat bac=
k=E2=80=A6on my
> car I just don=E2=80=99t see how it would work because it=E2=80=99s pushe=
d back as far as
> it will go and hits the quarter panel trim.
> I=E2=80=99ve got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I would have to=
 move the
> seat forward, and  I would  then not have enough room for my legs =E2=80=
=A6maybe a
> lot of you BJ8 owners have shorter legs than me?
> Over the years I=E2=80=99ve thought about removing the quarter panel trim=
, but
> that would be kind of ugly.
> I=E2=80=99ve driven the car across North America, and many miles since, s=
o I=E2=80=99ve
> learned to get used to it, but it=E2=80=99s definitely not the ideal driv=
ing
> position!
> I have used all the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside of the
> entire compartment in addition to the header pipes all the way to the
> mufflers.  For the seats, their cover has been replaced with real leather=
,
> extra padding and installed the metal lift from Hendrix to Kant the back =
of
> the seat along with moving the seat as far back as possible.  I am 6 foot
> one with long legs as a result I am much more comfortable driving the lon=
g
> trips, although have not taken any in many years. Meanwhile, still enjoyi=
ng
> my Healey on 2- and 3-hour trips in the SW Florida winter.  Never in the
> summer.  82 years young!
>
> Bob Begani
> 67 BJ8
> *From:* Healeys <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *Hank
> Leach via Healeys
> *Sent:* Saturday, July 27, 2024 12:58 AM
> *To:* Harold Manifold <[email-masked]>; richard mayor <
> [email-masked]>
> *Cc:* Healeys <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation
>
> As long as we are all showing our underwear, here is my solution to the
> heat issues.  I used a composite aluminum bubble wrap called Prodex on th=
e
> 100 floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the standard proper underlaymen=
t.
> It made a huge difference in heat and sound. Hank
> --------------------
>
> From: "Harold Manifold" <[email-masked]>
> To: "richard mayor" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "Healeys" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: July 26, 2024 at 6:16 PM PDT
> Since we are on this topic I did something similar to Richard. Under the
> insulation boards on the engine side of the foot well I put a layer of Ko=
ol
> Mat. On the inside of the foot well a layer of Noico sound deadening and
> then a layer of Noico insulation liner. Just to be safe I wrapped the
> headers. The attached picture is fitting the Koot Mat before installing t=
he
> insulation boards.
>
> I had never restored a Healey before but was warned about the infamous
> Healey Hot Foot. My approach might be a bit of overkill but no problems
> with hot feet.
>
> Harold
>
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20=E2=80=AFPM richard mayor <boyracer466@gmail.=
com>
> wrote:
>
> I insulated the footwells from the engine side with an adhesive heat
> barrier material used in race cars.  Sorry, can=E2=80=99t tell you the
> manufacturer.  I made sure there were no cracks, gaps or holes. Any
(3
> M black rope caulk).  I used Hush Mat on the inside of my foot well.  I p=
ut
> the Hush Mat all across the top of the inside of the firewall where that
> strip of tar paper is applied and I also covered the air box that goes
> across the inside of the firewall.
>
>  I eliminated the two piece metal tunnel and tunnel extension and used a
> BJ8 fiberglass tunnel which makes a really good seal in that area. Finall=
y,
> I put side vents in my fenders that allows the heat to flow out and
> eliminates that high pressure area in the transmission tunnel.  I have no
> insulation, inside or out, and no carpeting  on my BJ8 tunnel.  It gets
> fairly warm on hot days but it does not get hot.
>
> I can drive my car in 90 degree weather and my feet stay cool.
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--0000000000007e98fa061e46cc55
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><div>Stephen: you could try canting the driver&#39;s seat=
 back with relatively low effort and no permanent damage to the car by remo=
ving the seat and inserting either a wedge or just a bushing in the front. =
Yes, you might have to move the seat forward a bit but the resultant positi=
on might still be better.</div><div><br></div><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_=
signature">________________<br>Best Regards,<br>Al Fuller</div></div><br><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul =
27, 2024, 6:34=E2=80=AFPM Stephen Hutchings via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div style=3D"line-break:after-white-space">I=
 have a BJ8, and I=E2=80=99ve always wondered about canting the seat back=
=E2=80=A6on my car I just don=E2=80=99t see how it would work because it=E2=
=80=99s pushed back as far as it will go and hits the quarter panel trim.<d=
iv>I=E2=80=99ve got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I would have t=
o move the seat forward, and =C2=A0I would =C2=A0then not have enough room =
for my legs =E2=80=A6maybe a lot of you BJ8 owners have shorter legs than m=
e?</div><div>Over the years I=E2=80=99ve thought about removing the quarter=
 panel trim, but that would be kind of ugly.=C2=A0</div><div>I=E2=80=99ve d=
riven the car across North America, and many miles since, so I=E2=80=99ve l=
earned to get used to it, but it=E2=80=99s definitely not the ideal driving=
 position!</div><div><br></div><div>Stephen, BJ8<br id=3D"m_-56949741867722=
36002lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage"><div><br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div=
>On Jul 27, 2024, at 6:48=E2=80=AFAM, <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
 target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a> wrote:</div><b=
r><div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal=
;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:=
start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0=
px;text-decoration:none"><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-famil=
y:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-se=
rif">I have used all the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside of =
the entire compartment in addition to the header pipes all the way to the m=
ufflers.=C2=A0 For the seats, their cover has been replaced with real leath=
er, extra padding and installed the metal lift from Hendrix to Kant the bac=
k of the seat along with moving the seat as far back as possible.=C2=A0 I a=
m 6 foot one with long legs as a result I am much more comfortable driving =
the long trips, although have not taken any in many years. Meanwhile, still=
 enjoying my Healey on 2- and 3-hour trips in the SW Florida winter.=C2=A0 =
Never in the summer.=C2=A0 82 years young!<u></u><u></u></span></div><div s=
tyle=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=
=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span=
></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif=
"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif">Really do enj=
oy these conversations,<u></u><u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;=
font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;=
font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=
=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"=
font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif">Bob Begani<span>=C2=A0</span><=
u></u><u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-fami=
ly:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-s=
erif">67 BJ8<span>=C2=A0</span><u></u><u></u></span></div><div style=3D"mar=
gin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-si=
ze:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div=
 style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span sty=
le=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></sp=
an></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-ser=
if"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=
=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:=
Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-seri=
f"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt=
;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Ar=
ial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;f=
ont-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;f=
ont-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D=
"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"fon=
t-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div>=
<div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span=
 style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u>=
</span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans=
-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=
=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-fami=
ly:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-s=
erif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:1=
2pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family=
:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0i=
n;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16p=
t;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=
=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"=
font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></d=
iv><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><s=
pan style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u><=
/u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,s=
ans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u><=
/u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-f=
amily:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,san=
s-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-siz=
e:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-fam=
ily:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin=
:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:=
16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div st=
yle=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><span style=
=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span=
></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif=
"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0=
<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Apt=
os,sans-serif"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif">=
<u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></div><div style=3D"border-width:1pt medium medi=
um;border-style:solid none none;border-color:rgb(225,225,225) currentcolor =
currentcolor;padding:3pt 0in 0in"><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;f=
ont-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><b><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;font-family:C=
alibri,sans-serif">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;font-famil=
y:Calibri,sans-serif"><span>=C2=A0</span>Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:heal=
[email-masked]" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" =
target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
<span>=C2=A0</span><b>On Behalf Of<span>=C2=A0</span></b>Hank Leach via Hea=
leys<br><b>Sent:</b><span>=C2=A0</span>Saturday, July 27, 2024 12:58 AM<br>=
<b>To:</b><span>=C2=A0</span>Harold Manifold &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:manifold=
@telus.net" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank=
" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;; richard mayor &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:under=
line" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br=
><b>Cc:</b><span>=C2=A0</span>Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
eam.net" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank" r=
el=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b><span>=
=C2=A0</span>Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation<=
u></u><u></u></span></div></div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;fon=
t-family:Aptos,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></div><div><div style=3D"mar=
gin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">As long as we are all =
showing our underwear, here is my solution to the heat issues.=C2=A0 I used=
 a composite aluminum bubble wrap called Prodex on the 100 floorboards and =
tunnel cover prior to the standard proper underlayment. It made a huge diff=
erence in heat and sound. Hank<br>--------------------<span>=C2=A0</span><b=
r><br>From: &quot;Harold Manifold&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:manifold@telu=
s.net" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=
=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span>=C2=A0</span><br>To: &quot;=
richard mayor&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"c=
olor:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">b=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span>=C2=A0</span><br>Cc: &quot;Healeys&quot; =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color:blue;text-deco=
ration:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]=
et</a>&gt;<span>=C2=A0</span><br>Sent: July 26, 2024 at 6:16 PM PDT<span>=
=C2=A0</span><br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car=
 preparation<span>=C2=A0</span><u></u><u></u></div></div><div><div style=3D=
"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">Since we are on th=
is topic I did something similar=C2=A0to Richard. Under the insulation boar=
ds on the engine side of the foot well I put a layer of Kool Mat. On the in=
side of the foot well a layer of Noico sound deadening and then a layer of =
Noico insulation liner. Just to be safe I wrapped the headers. The attached=
=C2=A0picture is fitting the Koot Mat before installing the insulation boar=
ds.<span>=C2=A0</span><u></u><u></u></div><div><div style=3D"margin:0in;fon=
t-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">=C2=A0<u></u><u></u></div></div><=
div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">I=
 had never restored=C2=A0a Healey before but was warned about the infamous =
Healey Hot Foot. My approach=C2=A0might be a bit of overkill but no problem=
s with hot feet.<u></u><u></u></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin:0in;fon=
t-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">=C2=A0<u></u><u></u></div></div><=
div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">H=
arold<u></u><u></u></div></div></div><div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-siz=
e:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">=C2=A0<u></u><u></u></div></div><div><=
div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">O=
n Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20<span style=3D"font-family:Arial,sans-serif">=E2=
=80=AF</span>PM richard mayor &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<u></u><u></u></div></div><blo=
ckquote style=3D"border-width:medium medium medium 1pt;border-style:none no=
ne none solid;border-color:currentcolor currentcolor currentcolor rgb(204,2=
04,204);padding:0in 0in 0in 6pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in" type=3D=
"cite"><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin:0in 0in 12pt;font-size:12pt;f=
ont-family:Aptos,sans-serif">I insulated the footwells from the engine side=
 with an adhesive heat barrier material used in race cars.=C2=A0 Sorry, can=
=E2=80=99t tell you the manufacturer.=C2=A0 I made sure there were no crack=
s, gaps or holes. Any firewall gaps where cables or hoses go through=C2=A0 =
were sealed with dum-dum (3 M black rope caulk).=C2=A0 I used Hush Mat on t=
he inside of my foot well.=C2=A0 I put the Hush Mat all across the top of t=
he inside of the firewall where that strip of tar paper is applied and I al=
so covered the air box that goes across the inside of the firewall.<br><br>=
=C2=A0I eliminated the two piece metal tunnel and tunnel extension and used=
 a BJ8 fiberglass tunnel which makes a really good seal in that area. Final=
ly, I put side vents in my fenders that allows the heat to flow out and eli=
minates that high pressure area in the transmission tunnel.=C2=A0 I have no=
 insulation, inside or out, and no carpeting=C2=A0 on my BJ8 tunnel.=C2=A0 =
It gets fairly warm on hot days but it does not get hot.<span>=C2=A0</span>=
<br><br>I can drive my car in 90 degree weather and my feet stay cool.=C2=
=A0<span>=C2=A0</span><br><br><br><br>_____________________________________=
__________<br>Support<span>=C2=A0</span><a href=3D"http://team.net/" style=
=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">Team.Net</a><span>=C2=A0</span><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.ht=
ml" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D=
"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donati=
on=C2=A0 $12.75<br><br>Archive:<span>=C2=A0</span><a href=3D"http://www.tea=
m.net/pipermail/healeys" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" tar=
get=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>=
<span>=C2=A0</span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" style=
=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br><br><a href=3D"mailto:Heal=
[email-masked]" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=
=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" style=3D"color:blue;text-decor=
ation:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage:<span>=C2=A0</span>=
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
</a><u></u><u></u></p></blockquote></div><div><div style=3D"margin:0in;font=
-size:12pt;font-family:Aptos,sans-serif">=C2=A0<u></u><u></u></div></div></=
div><span style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;f=
ont-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:st=
art;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px=
;text-decoration:none;float:none;display:inline!important">________________=
_______________________________</span><br style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;fo=
nt-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;let=
ter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;whi=
te-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none"><span style=3D"font-=
family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;=
font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text=
-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none;fl=
oat:none;display:inline!important">Support<span>=C2=A0</span></span><a href=
=3D"http://team.net/" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline;font-fa=
mily:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;fo=
nt-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-t=
ransform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D=
"noreferrer">Team.Net</a><span style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12p=
x;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing=
:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:no=
rmal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none;float:none;display:inline!import=
ant"><span>=C2=A0</span></span><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline;font-family:Helvetica;font-si=
ze:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-s=
pacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-sp=
ace:normal;word-spacing:0px" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://ww=
w.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px=
;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:=
normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:nor=
mal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none"><span style=3D"font-family:Helve=
tica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:=
400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:n=
one;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none;float:none;dis=
play:inline!important">Suggested annual donation =C2=A0$12.75</span><br sty=
le=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-c=
aps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-inde=
nt:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decorat=
ion:none"><br style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:norm=
al;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-alig=
n:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing=
:0px;text-decoration:none"><span style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:1=
2px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spaci=
ng:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:=
normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none;float:none;display:inline!impo=
rtant">Archive:<span>=C2=A0</span></span><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pip=
ermail/healeys" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline;font-family:H=
elvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-wei=
ght:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transfo=
rm:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noref=
errer">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><span style=3D"font-family:=
Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-we=
ight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transf=
orm:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none;float:non=
e;display:inline!important"><span>=C2=A0</span></span><a href=3D"http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive/healeys" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline;=
font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:no=
rmal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px=
;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px" target=3D"_blank"=
 rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br style=3D"f=
ont-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:nor=
mal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;=
text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:non=
e"><br style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font=
-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start=
;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;te=
xt-decoration:none"><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"colo=
r:blue;text-decoration:underline;font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-=
style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal=
;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;wo=
rd-spacing:0px" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]=
</a><br style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;fon=
t-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:star=
t;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;t=
ext-decoration:none"><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:underline;font-family:Helvetica;fo=
nt-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;let=
ter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;whi=
te-space:normal;word-spacing:0px" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http=
://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br style=3D"font-family:Helv=
etica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight=
:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:=
none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none"><br style=3D=
"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:n=
ormal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0p=
x;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:n=
one"><span style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;=
font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:s=
tart;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0p=
x;text-decoration:none;float:none;display:inline!important">Unsubscribe/Man=
age:<span>=C2=A0</span></span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/opti=
ons/healeys/[email-masked]" style=3D"color:blue;text-decoration:und=
erline;font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-=
caps:normal;font-weight:400;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-ind=
ent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px" target=3D"=
_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/s.=
[email-masked]</a></div></blockquote></div><br></div></div>__________=
_____________________________________<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/heal=
eys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000007e98fa061e46cc55--

--===============7610537692329284731==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7610537692329284731==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2024 06:20:51 -0400

--===============6335797513923958630==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0075_01DAE0B6.4BBCB920"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0075_01DAE0B6.4BBCB920
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Steve:

=20

Allen Hendrix has made a fitting that is welded to the seat frame with a =
bar about 1=E2=80=932-inch bar that cants the back seat the same inches =
backwards.  Installed it on my drivers=E2=80=99 side and it is wonderful =
as I was 6-foot 1 inch at that time. At the same time, I moved the seat =
frame back as far as I could to the frame thereby giving my legs a more =
room and more comfortable angle for my back.  Try it you will like it.

=20

Bob Begani

=20

67 BJ8

=20

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2024 9:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; Harold Manifold <[email-masked]>; richard =
mayor <[email-masked]>; Healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation

=20

=20

Stephen, BJ8

On Jul 27, 2024, at 6:48=E2=80=AFAM, [email-masked] =

=20

=20

=20

Bob Begani=20

67 BJ8=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

Harold

=20

=20

_______________________________________________
Support  <http://team.net/> Team.Net  <http://www.team.net/donate.html> =

Archive:  <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys> =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  =
<http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys> =
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

 <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys> =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]> =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0075_01DAE0B6.4BBCB920
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.apple-converted-space
	{mso-style-name:apple-converted-space;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Steve:<o:p></o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Allen Hendrix =
has made a fitting that is welded to the seat frame with a bar about =
1=E2=80=932-inch bar that cants the back seat the same inches =
backwards.=C2=A0 Installed it on my drivers=E2=80=99 side and it is =
wonderful as I was 6-foot 1 inch at that time. At the same time, I moved =
the seat frame back as far as I could to the frame thereby giving my =
legs a more room and more comfortable angle for my back.=C2=A0 Try it =
you will like it.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Bob =
Begani<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>67 =
BJ8<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Stephen Hutchings &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> =
Saturday, July 27, 2024 9:26 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]; Harold Manifold =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;; richard mayor &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; =
Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car =
preparation<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have a =
BJ8, and I=E2=80=99ve always wondered about canting the seat =
back=E2=80=A6on my car I just don=E2=80=99t see how it would work =
because it=E2=80=99s pushed back as far as it will go and hits the =
quarter panel trim.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I=E2=80=99ve =
got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I would have to move the =
seat forward, and &nbsp;I would &nbsp;then not have enough room for my =
legs =E2=80=A6maybe a lot of you BJ8 owners have shorter legs than =
me?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Over the years =
I=E2=80=99ve thought about removing the quarter panel trim, but that =
would be kind of ugly.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I=E2=80=99ve driven the car across North America, and =
many miles since, so I=E2=80=99ve learned to get used to it, but =
it=E2=80=99s definitely not the ideal driving =
position!<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Stephen, BJ8<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On Jul 27, 2024, at 6:48<span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>=E2=80=AF</span>AM, <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I have used =
all the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside of the entire =
compartment in addition to the header pipes all the way to the =
mufflers.&nbsp; For the seats, their cover has been replaced with real =
leather, extra padding and installed the metal lift from Hendrix to Kant =
the back of the seat along with moving the seat as far back as =
possible.&nbsp; I am 6 foot one with long legs as a result I am much =
more comfortable driving the long trips, although have not taken any in =
many years. Meanwhile, still enjoying my Healey on 2- and 3-hour trips =
in the SW Florida winter.&nbsp; Never in the summer.&nbsp; 82 years =
young!</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Really do =
enjoy these conversations,</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Bob =
Begani<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><o:p></o:p></p></div><d=
iv><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>67 BJ8<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><o:p></o:p></p></div><d=
iv><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid windowtext =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in;border-color:currentcolor =
currentcolor;border-image: none'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span class=3Dapple-converted-space><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span>=
</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>Healeys =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
.net</a>&gt;<span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><b>On =
Behalf Of<span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></b>Hank Leach =
via Healeys<br><b>Sent:</b><span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span>Saturday, July 27, 2024 12:58 =
AM<br><b>To:</b><span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span>Harold =
Manifold &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;; richard =
mayor &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b=
>Cc:</b><span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span>Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
<b>Subject:</b><span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span>Re: =
[Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car =
preparation</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>As long as we are all showing our underwear, here is =
my solution to the heat issues.&nbsp; I used a composite aluminum bubble =
wrap called Prodex on the 100 floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the =
standard proper underlayment. It made a huge difference in heat and =
sound. Hank<br>--------------------<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><br><br>From: &quot;Harold =
Manifold&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><br>To: &quot;richard =
mayor&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><br>Cc: &quot;Healeys&quot; =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<spa=
n class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><br>Sent: July 26, 2024 at =
6:16 PM PDT<span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><br>Subject: =
Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><di=
v><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Since we are on this topic I did something =
similar&nbsp;to Richard. Under the insulation boards on the engine side =
of the foot well I put a layer of Kool Mat. On the inside of the foot =
well a layer of Noico sound deadening and then a layer of Noico =
insulation liner. Just to be safe I wrapped the headers. The =
attached&nbsp;picture is fitting the Koot Mat before installing the =
insulation boards.<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div=
><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I had never restored&nbsp;a Healey before but was =
warned about the infamous Healey Hot Foot. My approach&nbsp;might be a =
bit of overkill but no problems with hot =
feet.<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Harold<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20<span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>=E2=80=AF</span>PM richard =
mayor &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid windowtext 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in =
0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5=
.0pt;border-color:currentcolor currentcolor currentcolor rgb(204, 204, =
204);border-image: none'><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>I insulated the footwells from the engine =
side with an adhesive heat barrier material used in race cars.&nbsp; =
Sorry, can=E2=80=99t tell you the manufacturer.&nbsp; I made sure there =
were no cracks, gaps or holes. Any firewall gaps where cables or hoses =
go through&nbsp; were sealed with dum-dum (3 M black rope caulk).&nbsp; =
I used Hush Mat on the inside of my foot well.&nbsp; I put the Hush Mat =
all across the top of the inside of the firewall where that strip of tar =
paper is applied and I also covered the air box that goes across the =
inside of the firewall.<br><br>&nbsp;I eliminated the two piece metal =
tunnel and tunnel extension and used a BJ8 fiberglass tunnel which makes =
a really good seal in that area. Finally, I put side vents in my fenders =
that allows the heat to flow out and eliminates that high pressure area =
in the transmission tunnel.&nbsp; I have no insulation, inside or out, =
and no carpeting&nbsp; on my BJ8 tunnel.&nbsp; It gets fairly warm on =
hot days but it does not get hot.<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><br><br>I can drive my car in =
90 degree weather and my feet stay cool.&nbsp;<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><br><br><br><br>______________=
_________________________________<br>Support<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://team.net/">Team.Net</a><span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive:<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"=
 =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/manifold@=
telus.net</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>____________=
___________________________________<br>Support<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://team.net/"><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>Team.Net</sp=
an></a><span class=3Dapple-converted-space><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span=
></span><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>http://www.t=
eam.net/donate.html</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><br>Suggeste=
d annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br><br>Archive:<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>http://www.t=
eam.net/pipermail/healeys</span></a><span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>&nbsp;</span=
></span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>http://autox=
.team.net/archive/healeys</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><br><br></sp=
an><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>Healeys@auto=
x.team.net</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><br></span><=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><br><br>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/s.hutchings@rogers.=
com"><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</span></a><o:p><=
/o:p></p></div></blockquote></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0075_01DAE0B6.4BBCB920--

--===============6335797513923958630==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6335797513923958630==--

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2024 07:52:10 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2155219966033419158==
 boundary="------------1dZBOyfbPD8uFxQ0JJKMGYsJ"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------1dZBOyfbPD8uFxQ0JJKMGYsJ
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Let me know when someone comes up with the fix for having a large 
steering wheel right at your chest (even with an 'adjustable' in a BJ8). 
I'm 5'9"--being generous--and short-limbed so can just work the pedals, 
but prefer the wheel to be at almost arms' length ('F1-Style'). Smaller 
diameter, aftermarket wheels help some.

English drivers must be built like long-legged Hobbits.

bs

On 7/27/2024 6:25 PM, Stephen Hutchings via Healeys wrote:
> I have a BJ8, and I’ve always wondered about canting the seat back…on 
> my car I just don’t see how it would work because it’s pushed back as 
> far as it will go and hits the quarter panel trim.
> I’ve got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I would have to move 
> the seat forward, and  I would  then not have enough room for my legs 
> …maybe a lot of you BJ8 owners have shorter legs than me?
> Over the years I’ve thought about removing the quarter panel trim, but 
> I’ve driven the car across North America, and many miles since, so 
> I’ve learned to get used to it, but it’s definitely not the ideal 
> driving position!
>
> Stephen, BJ8
>
>> On Jul 27, 2024, at 6:48 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
>>
>> I have used all the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside of 
>> the entire compartment in addition to the header pipes all the way to 
>> the mufflers.  For the seats, their cover has been replaced with real 
>> leather, extra padding and installed the metal lift from Hendrix to 
>> Kant the back of the seat along with moving the seat as far back as 
>> possible.  I am 6 foot one with long legs as a result I am much more 
>> comfortable driving the long trips, although have not taken any in 
>> many years. Meanwhile, still enjoying my Healey on 2- and 3-hour 
>> trips in the SW Florida winter.  Never in the summer.  82 years young!
>> *From:*Healeys <[email-masked]>*On Behalf Of*Hank 
>> Leach via Healeys
>> *Sent:*Saturday, July 27, 2024 12:58 AM
>> *To:*Harold Manifold <[email-masked]>; richard mayor 
>> <[email-masked]>
>> *Cc:*Healeys <[email-masked]>
>> *Subject:*Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car preparation
>> As long as we are all showing our underwear, here is my solution to 
>> the heat issues.  I used a composite aluminum bubble wrap called 
>> Prodex on the 100 floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the standard 
>> proper underlayment. It made a huge difference in heat and sound. Hank
>> --------------------
>>
>> Since we are on this topic I did something similar to Richard. Under 
>> the insulation boards on the engine side of the foot well I put a 
>> layer of Kool Mat. On the inside of the foot well a layer of Noico 
>> sound deadening and then a layer of Noico insulation liner. Just to 
>> be safe I wrapped the headers. The attached picture is fitting the 
>> Koot Mat before installing the insulation boards.
>> I had never restored a Healey before but was warned about the 
>> infamous Healey Hot Foot. My approach might be a bit of overkill but 
>> no problems with hot feet.
>> Harold
>> On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20 PM richard mayor <[email-masked]> 
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> barrier material used in race cars.  Sorry, can’t tell you the 
>>> firewall gaps where cables or hoses go through were sealed with 
>>> dum-dum (3 M black rope caulk). I used Hush Mat on the inside of my 
>>> foot well.  I put the Hush Mat all across the top of the inside of 
>>> the firewall where that strip of tar paper is applied and I also 
>>> covered the air box that goes across the inside of the firewall.
>>>
>>>  I eliminated the two piece metal tunnel and tunnel extension and 
>>> used a BJ8 fiberglass tunnel which makes a really good seal in that 
>>> area. Finally, I put side vents in my fenders that allows the heat 
>>> to flow out and eliminates that high pressure area in the 
>>> transmission tunnel.  I have no insulation, inside or out, and no 
>>> carpeting  on my BJ8 tunnel.  It gets fairly warm on hot days but it 
>>> does not get hot.
>>>
>>> SupportTeam.Net <http://team.net/>http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeyshttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>>
>>> [email-masked]
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>>
>> SupportTeam.Net <http://team.net/>http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeyshttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>>
>> [email-masked]
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys  http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------1dZBOyfbPD8uFxQ0JJKMGYsJ
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Let me know when someone comes up with the fix for having a large
    steering wheel right at your chest (even with an 'adjustable' in a
    BJ8). I'm 5'9"--being generous--and short-limbed so can just work
    the pedals, but prefer the wheel to be at almost arms' length
    ('F1-Style'). Smaller diameter, aftermarket wheels help some.<br>
    <br>
    English drivers must be built like long-legged Hobbits. <br>
    <br>
    bs<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/27/2024 6:25 PM, Stephen Hutchings
      via Healeys wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      I have a BJ8, and I’ve always wondered about canting the seat
      back…on my car I just don’t see how it would work because it’s
      pushed back as far as it will go and hits the quarter panel trim.
      <div>I’ve got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I would
        have to move the seat forward, and  I would  then not have
        enough room for my legs …maybe a lot of you BJ8 owners have
        shorter legs than me?</div>
      <div>Over the years I’ve thought about removing the quarter panel
        trim, but that would be kind of ugly. </div>
      <div>I’ve driven the car across North America, and many miles
        since, so I’ve learned to get used to it, but it’s definitely
        not the ideal driving position!</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>Stephen, BJ8<br id="lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage">
        <div><br>
          <blockquote type="cite">
            <div>On Jul 27, 2024, at 6:48 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div>
              <meta charset="UTF-8">
              <div class="WordSection1"
style="page: WordSection1; caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">I have used all
                    the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside
                    of the entire compartment in addition to the header
                    pipes all the way to the mufflers.  For the seats,
                    their cover has been replaced with real leather,
                    extra padding and installed the metal lift from
                    Hendrix to Kant the back of the seat along with
                    moving the seat as far back as possible.  I am 6
                    foot one with long legs as a result I am much more
                    comfortable driving the long trips, although have
                    not taken any in many years. Meanwhile, still
                    enjoying my Healey on 2- and 3-hour trips in the SW
                    Florida winter.  Never in the summer.  82 years
                    young!<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Really do enjoy
                    these conversations,<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Bob Begani<span
                      class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">67 BJ8<span
                      class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                <div
style="border-width: 1pt medium medium; border-style: solid none none; border-color: rgb(225, 225, 225) currentcolor currentcolor; border-image: none; padding: 3pt 0in 0in;">
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><b><span
style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Healeys
                      &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><b>On
                        Behalf Of<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></b>Hank
                      Leach via Healeys<br>
                      <b>Sent:</b><span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Saturday,
                      July 27, 2024 12:58 AM<br>
                      <b>To:</b><span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Harold
                      Manifold &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;;
                      richard mayor &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                      <b>Cc:</b><span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Healeys
                      &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                      <b>Subject:</b><span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Re:
                      [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car
                      preparation<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                </div>
                <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></div>
                <div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">As
                    long as we are all showing our underwear, here is my
                    solution to the heat issues.  I used a composite
                    aluminum bubble wrap called Prodex on the 100
                    floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the standard
                    proper underlayment. It made a huge difference in
                    heat and sound. Hank<br>
                    --------------------<span
                      class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                    <br>
                    From: "Harold Manifold" &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span
                      class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                    To: "richard mayor" &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span
                      class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                    Cc: "Healeys" &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span
                      class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                    Sent: July 26, 2024 at 6:16 PM PDT<span
                      class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                    Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip
                    - car preparation<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></div>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">Since
                    we are on this topic I did something similar to
                    Richard. Under the insulation boards on the engine
                    side of the foot well I put a layer of Kool Mat. On
                    the inside of the foot well a layer of Noico sound
                    deadening and then a layer of Noico insulation
                    liner. Just to be safe I wrapped the headers. The
                    attached picture is fitting the Koot Mat before
                    installing the insulation boards.<span
                      class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">I
                      had never restored a Healey before but was warned
                      about the infamous Healey Hot Foot. My
                      approach might be a bit of overkill but no
                      problems with hot feet.<o:p></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">Harold<o:p></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></div>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">On
                      Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20<span
                        style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"> </span>PM
                      richard mayor &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<o:p></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                  <blockquote
style="border-width: medium medium medium 1pt; border-style: none none none solid; border-color: currentcolor currentcolor currentcolor rgb(204, 204, 204); border-image: none; padding: 0in 0in 0in 6pt; margin-left: 4.8pt; margin-right: 0in;"
                    type="cite">
                    <p class="MsoNormal"
style="margin: 0in 0in 12pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">I
                      insulated the footwells from the engine side with
                      an adhesive heat barrier material used in race
                      cars.  Sorry, can’t tell you the manufacturer.  I
                      made sure there were no cracks, gaps or holes. Any
                      firewall gaps where cables or hoses go through 
                      were sealed with dum-dum (3 M black rope caulk). 
                      I used Hush Mat on the inside of my foot well.  I
                      put the Hush Mat all across the top of the inside
                      of the firewall where that strip of tar paper is
                      applied and I also covered the air box that goes
                      across the inside of the firewall.<br>
                      <br>
                       I eliminated the two piece metal tunnel and
                      tunnel extension and used a BJ8 fiberglass tunnel
                      which makes a really good seal in that area.
                      Finally, I put side vents in my fenders that
                      allows the heat to flow out and eliminates that
                      high pressure area in the transmission tunnel.  I
                      have no insulation, inside or out, and no
                      carpeting  on my BJ8 tunnel.  It gets fairly warm
                      on hot days but it does not get hot.<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                      <br>
                      I can drive my car in 90 degree weather and my
                      feet stay cool. <span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                      <br>
                      <br>
                      <br>
                      _______________________________________________<br>
                      Support<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                        href="http://team.net/"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a><span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                        target="_blank"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                      Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                      <br>
                      Archive:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                        target="_blank"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                        href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                        target="_blank"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                      <br>
                      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                      <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                      <br>
                      Unsubscribe/Manage:<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
                  </blockquote>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></div>
                </div>
              </div>
              <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">_______________________________________________</span><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Support<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://team.net/"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a><span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;"><span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Suggested
                annual donation  $12.75</span><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Archive:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;"><span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
              <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------1dZBOyfbPD8uFxQ0JJKMGYsJ--

--===============2155219966033419158==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2155219966033419158==--

---

From: Kees Oudesluijs via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2024 17:33:05 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8889834723371232543==
 boundary="------------moS6kuuEP40SgoYG0k7yUmUi"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------moS6kuuEP40SgoYG0k7yUmUi
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

There was a similar problem with the Jensen-Healey which was fixed with 
additional pedal extenders (O.E). Shaped H-profile contraptions that 
were bolted to the surface of the original pedals. I still have a set 
somewhere. It brought the pedal surface about 60 mm nearer to the 
driver. Depending on the pedal arrangement this may be a solution? You 
could experiment with stiff carton blocks blocks for the correct size 
and shape.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 28-7-2024 om 16:52 schreef Bob Spidell via Healeys:
> BJ8). I'm 5'9"--being generous--and short-limbed so can just work the 
> pedals, but prefer the wheel to be at almost arms' length 
> ('F1-Style'). Smaller diameter, aftermarket wheels help some.
>
>> I’ve got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I would have to 
>> move the seat forward, and  I would  then not have enough room for my 
>> legs …maybe a lot of you BJ8 owners have shorter legs than me?
>> Over the years I’ve thought about removing the quarter panel trim, 
>> but that would be kind of ugly.
>>> I have used all the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside 
>>> of the entire compartment in addition to the header pipes all the 
>>> way to the mufflers.  For the seats, their cover has been replaced 
>>> with real leather, extra padding and installed the metal lift from 
>>> Hendrix to Kant the back of the seat along with moving the seat as 
>>> far back as possible.  I am 6 foot one with long legs as a result I 
>>> am much more comfortable driving the long trips, although have not 
>>> taken any in many years. Meanwhile, still enjoying my Healey on 2- 
>>> and 3-hour trips in the SW Florida winter.  Never in the summer.  82 
>>> years young!
>>> On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20 PM richard mayor 
>>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I insulated the footwells from the engine side with an adhesive 
>>>> heat barrier material used in race cars.  Sorry, can’t tell you the 
>>>> dum-dum (3 M black rope caulk).  I used Hush Mat on the inside of 
>>>> my foot well.  I put the Hush Mat all across the top of the inside 
>>>> of the firewall where that strip of tar paper is applied and I also 
>>>> carpeting  on my BJ8 tunnel.  It gets fairly warm on hot days but 
>>>> it does not get hot.
>>>>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Dit e-mailbericht is met AVG-antivirussoftware gecontroleerd op virussen.
www.avg.com
--------------moS6kuuEP40SgoYG0k7yUmUi
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>There was a similar problem with the Jensen-Healey which was
      fixed with additional pedal extenders (O.E). Shaped H-profile
      contraptions that were bolted to the surface of the original
      pedals. I still have a set somewhere. It brought the pedal surface
      about 60 mm nearer to the driver. Depending on the pedal
      arrangement this may be a solution? You could experiment with
      stiff carton blocks blocks for the correct size and shape. <br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 28-7-2024 om 16:52 schreef Bob
      Spidell via Healeys:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Let me know when someone comes up with the fix for having a large
      steering wheel right at your chest (even with an 'adjustable' in a
      BJ8). I'm 5'9"--being generous--and short-limbed so can just work
      the pedals, but prefer the wheel to be at almost arms' length
      ('F1-Style'). Smaller diameter, aftermarket wheels help some.<br>
      <br>
      English drivers must be built like long-legged Hobbits. <br>
      <br>
      bs<br>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/27/2024 6:25 PM, Stephen
        Hutchings via Healeys wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite"
        cite="mid:[email-masked]">
        <meta http-equiv="content-type"
          content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
        I have a BJ8, and I’ve always wondered about canting the seat
        back…on my car I just don’t see how it would work because it’s
        pushed back as far as it will go and hits the quarter panel
        trim.
        <div>I’ve got nowhere to go as far as canting it back- I would
          have to move the seat forward, and  I would  then not have
          enough room for my legs …maybe a lot of you BJ8 owners have
          shorter legs than me?</div>
        <div>Over the years I’ve thought about removing the quarter
          panel trim, but that would be kind of ugly. </div>
        <div>I’ve driven the car across North America, and many miles
          since, so I’ve learned to get used to it, but it’s definitely
          not the ideal driving position!</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Stephen, BJ8<br id="lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage">
          <div><br>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div>On Jul 27, 2024, at 6:48 AM, <a
                  class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> wrote:</div>
              <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
              <div>
                <meta charset="UTF-8">
                <div class="WordSection1"
style="page: WordSection1; caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">I have used all
                      the insulation mentioned to the outside and inside
                      of the entire compartment in addition to the
                      header pipes all the way to the mufflers.  For the
                      seats, their cover has been replaced with real
                      leather, extra padding and installed the metal
                      lift from Hendrix to Kant the back of the seat
                      along with moving the seat as far back as
                      possible.  I am 6 foot one with long legs as a
                      result I am much more comfortable driving the long
                      trips, although have not taken any in many years.
                      Meanwhile, still enjoying my Healey on 2- and
                      3-hour trips in the SW Florida winter.  Never in
                      the summer.  82 years young!<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Really do enjoy
                      these conversations,<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Bob Begani<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">67 BJ8<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><span
style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></span></div>
                  <div
style="border-width: 1pt medium medium; border-style: solid none none; border-color: rgb(225, 225, 225) currentcolor currentcolor; border-image: none; padding: 3pt 0in 0in;">
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><b><span
style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><span
                          class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Healeys
                        &lt;<a
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span
                          class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><b>On
                          Behalf Of<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></b>Hank
                        Leach via Healeys<br>
                        <b>Sent:</b><span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Saturday,
                        July 27, 2024 12:58 AM<br>
                        <b>To:</b><span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Harold
                        Manifold &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;;
                        richard mayor &lt;<a
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                        <b>Cc:</b><span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Healeys
                        &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
                        <b>Subject:</b><span
                          class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Re:
                        [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66 trip - car
                        preparation<o:p></o:p></span></div>
                  </div>
                  <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"><o:p> </o:p></div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">As
                      long as we are all showing our underwear, here is
                      my solution to the heat issues.  I used a
                      composite aluminum bubble wrap called Prodex on
                      the 100 floorboards and tunnel cover prior to the
                      standard proper underlayment. It made a huge
                      difference in heat and sound. Hank<br>
                      --------------------<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                      <br>
                      From: "Harold Manifold" &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                      To: "richard mayor" &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                      Cc: "Healeys" &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                      Sent: July 26, 2024 at 6:16 PM PDT<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                      Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an Era - Route 66
                      trip - car preparation<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">Since
                      we are on this topic I did something similar to
                      Richard. Under the insulation boards on the engine
                      side of the foot well I put a layer of Kool Mat.
                      On the inside of the foot well a layer of Noico
                      sound deadening and then a layer of Noico
                      insulation liner. Just to be safe I wrapped the
                      headers. The attached picture is fitting the Koot
                      Mat before installing the insulation boards.<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><o:p></o:p></div>
                    <div>
                      <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></div>
                    </div>
                    <div>
                      <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">I
                        had never restored a Healey before but was
                        warned about the infamous Healey Hot Foot. My
                        approach might be a bit of overkill but no
                        problems with hot feet.<o:p></o:p></div>
                    </div>
                    <div>
                      <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></div>
                    </div>
                    <div>
                      <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">Harold<o:p></o:p></div>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <div>
                      <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">On
                        Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20<span
                          style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"> </span>PM
                        richard mayor &lt;<a
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                        wrote:<o:p></o:p></div>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote
style="border-width: medium medium medium 1pt; border-style: none none none solid; border-color: currentcolor currentcolor currentcolor rgb(204, 204, 204); border-image: none; padding: 0in 0in 0in 6pt; margin-left: 4.8pt; margin-right: 0in;"
                      type="cite">
                      <p class="MsoNormal"
style="margin: 0in 0in 12pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;">I
                        insulated the footwells from the engine side
                        with an adhesive heat barrier material used in
                        race cars.  Sorry, can’t tell you the
                        manufacturer.  I made sure there were no cracks,
                        gaps or holes. Any firewall gaps where cables or
                        hoses go through  were sealed with dum-dum (3 M
                        black rope caulk).  I used Hush Mat on the
                        inside of my foot well.  I put the Hush Mat all
                        across the top of the inside of the firewall
                        where that strip of tar paper is applied and I
                        also covered the air box that goes across the
                        inside of the firewall.<br>
                        <br>
                         I eliminated the two piece metal tunnel and
                        tunnel extension and used a BJ8 fiberglass
                        tunnel which makes a really good seal in that
                        area. Finally, I put side vents in my fenders
                        that allows the heat to flow out and eliminates
                        that high pressure area in the transmission
                        tunnel.  I have no insulation, inside or out,
                        and no carpeting  on my BJ8 tunnel.  It gets
                        fairly warm on hot days but it does not get hot.<span
                          class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                        <br>
                        I can drive my car in 90 degree weather and my
                        feet stay cool. <span
                          class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br>
                        <br>
                        <br>
                        <br>
                        _______________________________________________<br>
                        Support<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                          href="http://team.net/"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a><span
                          class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                          href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                          target="_blank"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                        Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                        <br>
                        Archive:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                          href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
                          target="_blank"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><span
                          class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                          href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
                          target="_blank"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
                        <br>
                        <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                        <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                        <br>
                        Unsubscribe/Manage:<span
                          class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline;" moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="margin: 0in; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Aptos, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">_______________________________________________</span><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Support<span
                    class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                  href="http://team.net/"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">Team.Net</a><span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;"><span
                    class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Suggested
                  annual donation  $12.75</span><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Archive:<span
                    class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                  href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;"><span
                    class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                  href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <br
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;">
                <span
style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span
                    class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></div>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
          <br>
        </div>
        <br>
        <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________
        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a
        class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
        moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  <div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br /><table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;"><tr><td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank"><img src="https://s-install.avcdn.net/ipm/preview/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png" alt="" width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;"/></a></td><td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virusvrij.<a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avg.com</a></td></tr></table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
</html>

--------------moS6kuuEP40SgoYG0k7yUmUi--

--===============8889834723371232543==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8889834723371232543==--