Subject: [Healeys] SU slow run valve or open throttle

From: Ken Freese via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2024 11:54:55 -0700

Which technique will minimize dieseling on my BJ8, using the slow run 
valve for a low idle or closing the slow run valve and using the 
throttle screw for a low idle? Joe Curto hasn't responded yet.
I know an aluminium head would fix the whole high compression problem, 
but I am not there yet.
Thanks,
Ken Freese
65 BJ8
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2024 16:17:17 +0000 Qym83rFz0MVKQI+yRmj8tr2pZF9Os3yCZnNwXLiZwEnSo0FiLvxxz9HeDQTE+mtPFskBACsOV5lAqKgkjgx8k1wc3Aj9XibNgEI=

--===============7872249568788528690==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Ken- use clear gas/add octane boost; idle at 900; set timing to 17 =
degrees and dump clutch when turning engine off. Hank<br>------------------=
-- <br><br>From: "Ken Freese via Healeys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; =
<br>Reply-To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "AustinHealeylist" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: July 5, 2024 at 6:55 PM PDT =
<br>Subject: [Healeys] SU slow run valve or open throttle <br>Which =
technique will minimize dieseling on my BJ8, using the slow run valve for a=
 low idle or closing the slow run valve and using the throttle screw for a =
low idle? Joe Curto hasn't responded yet.<br>I know an aluminium head would=
 fix the whole high compression problem, but I am not there yet. Thanks, =
Ken Freese 65 BJ8 _______________________________________________ Support =
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation $12.75 =
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.=
net/archive/healeys [email-masked] http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/healeys/gradea1@charter.=
net</div>

--===============7872249568788528690==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7872249568788528690==--