Subject: [Healeys] Sprite question for my neighbor

From: Steven Kingsbury via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2025 20:33:19 +0000 (GMT) JmWxM65ygUMLGPuw7Cbxo6OIKfTXzs3Xfgugh5v27oCOPUXja/AdCSPVSxnvRSd0LwCgbMT1+a+ Kcv5gjmVJsMlNWF80NjmjPyjXMeLBKzseGLXU5YfFRwXtFSpYtojOq2iN4MwPb74b8SzRcsvX1y 9bChDTf42g2wGiS9neUR3B6YNZsMeCisV+mpcI3y9epWOabqhnfQTtZaiYhLaF4vIm+6cZo+zsr 02VyDObU5mVzZDy9K8vAWNebqP3smX9MJ+iw0OND67mWlKWMYr7wWQmG3gMwGbtTE0aXgzZJGVk stgWe/CuXJRD+1mCKEn a=zoOrPscHl0tgI8oR1D1XSw==:117 a=6UeiqGixMTsA:10 a=f7IdgyKtn90A:10 a=x7bEGLp0ZPQA:10 a=CuJefNBo2OgA:10 a=VkNPw1HP01LnGYTKEx00:22 a=67-DsNiUHqtCCR9iKmYA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=oH34dK2VZjykjzsv8OSz:22 a=pHzHmUro8NiASowvMSCR

--===============0604383941879201633==

--Apple-Webmail-42--79aaeaa2-1787-4fe3-b0a7-c52d2d178ab1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    charset=utf-8;
    format=flowed

My neighbor bought a bugeye that had a 1275 engine put in it. It runs well=
, but blows oil like crazy out of the oil cap on the valve cover. It does =
not have a timing cover ventilation valve, but a fitting was made to fit o=
nto where the old fuel pump fit on the side of the crankcase/block. When h=
e hooked the hose from that fitting to the carbs, oil was no longer being =
blown out, but oil was then being sucked into the carbs and he was burning=
 oil like crazy. It seems the pressure in the crankcase is so great it is =
pushing oil up the push rods into the rocker assembly, out the filler cap =
and all over the engine. I'm not familiar with the 1275 and have no ideas =
on how to vent the pressure in the crankcase. Can anyone of you guys point=
 me to a possible solution? Thanks in advance for the advice. Steven Kings=
bury BN1
--Apple-Webmail-42--79aaeaa2-1787-4fe3-b0a7-c52d2d178ab1
    charset=utf-8;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div>My neighbor bought a bugeye that had a 1275 engine put in it. It runs=
 well, but blows oil like crazy out of the oil cap on the valve cover. It =
does not have a timing cover ventilation valve, but a fitting was made to =
fit onto where the old fuel pump fit on the side of the crankcase/block. W=
hen he hooked the hose from that fitting to the carbs, oil was no longer b=
eing blown out, but oil was then being sucked into the carbs and he was bu=
rning oil like crazy.</div><div><br></div><div>It seems the pressure in th=
e crankcase is so great it is pushing oil up the push rods into the rocker=
 assembly, out the filler cap and all over the engine. I'm not familiar wi=
th the 1275 and have no ideas on how to vent the pressure in the crankcase=
. Can anyone of you guys point me to a possible solution? Thanks in advanc=
e for the advice.</div><div>Steven Kingsbury</div><div>BN1</div></body></html>
--Apple-Webmail-42--79aaeaa2-1787-4fe3-b0a7-c52d2d178ab1--

--===============0604383941879201633==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0604383941879201633==--