Subject: [Mg-t] TF Body Removal

From: "gunnellj tds.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:32:31 -0600

I should know the answer to this but I don't.
 Some years ago a member of Fox Cities British Car Club told me he took the
body off his MG TF over the winter. It was a nice car but he wanted to
freshen the running gear. He told me it was esy to do and said he only had
to take out 16 bolts to remove the body.
 Was he making it easier than it sounds?
 The reason I ask is that I am writing a series of articles about fixing up
my three T Series cars. The TF was supposed to ge a "rolling restoration"
like people did years ago. But in the fall of 2011 I discovered that the
rear body support was cracked (the same as the one shown in the photos you
sent) and also the board in front of the gas tank is rotted so soft you can
push your fingers into it.
 If I can I am looking for the fastest, easiest way to fix these without
taking the car totally apart.
 I have removed two TD bodies and thought it was somewhat difficult. I
don't think that doing a TF is any easier. What's your opiion?

-- 

"Gunner"

John Gunnell
PO Box 87
Iola, WI 54945
Ph: 715-445-4262
Cell: 715-281-5925

LIVIN' THE DREAM

Please visit Gunner's Great Garage

Restoration Shop - Automotive Book Shop - Art Gallery

E6110 Fuhs Rd, Manawa, WI 54949

Cell: 715-281-5925 (anytime)

 Take A Slide Show Tour of the Shop at  www.gunnersgreatgarage.com

Check my blog Gunner's Garage at www.oldcarsweekly.com

Publications and Websites I Contribute To: Old Cars Weekly, Old Cars
Restoration Guide, For Vettes Only, Amos Auto Enthusiast Weekly (digital),
Auto Enthusiast (print),  Towing & Recovery Footnotes, Auto Restorer,
Vintage Truck, Vette Vues, Free Riders Press, Second Chance Garage, Garage
Style, Ol Skool Rodz, Car Kulture Deluxe, Gunner's Great Garage News
(blog), Gunner's Garage (blog), Super Chevy, Muscle Car Review, Smoke
Signals, Pontiac Registry (Website), Classic Motorsports, Gearhead News,
Keith Lasrsen Show Newstalk 1110 / WBLT Radio  Charlotte, N.C., Muzzy
Broadcasting System's Legends of Country B-104.9 Stevens Point WI &
Occasional Others.
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive