Subject: [Mg-t] Seatbelt anchor placement

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:55:50 -0600

I am ready to install seatbelts in the TD, where are the strongest points to
attach the seatbelt hooks?
 
Thanks,
Bill
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 21:53:12 GMT

The seemingly strongest way I have seen them attached is with eye bolts
passed through the floor plywood, then through the links of a chain looked
around the chassis tube. A weaker way is for the belt bolt to pass through the
plywood, then through thick washers hooked behind the floorboard supports.
   Opinions vary about crash benefits of belts in TDs. Some suggest that a
passenger would be kept in the car, there to be lobotomised by glove box knob
or wiper motor.
  Horst Schach's three point belt design in his book would seem to answer that
worry, though it looks like hard work.
  Something to consider when placing the belts is some way to keep the belt
metal from chipping paint on the running board when passenger gets out of the
car. Some passengers can get two paint chips with every opening. I am
repainting my car this winter, and am thinking about some sort of shock cord
retractor that will keep the metal clip from flipping out the door, perhaps
with the cord tied to the belt material at the clip, then lead to a pulley in
the outboard rear corner of the seat and secured near the tunnel.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
To: "'mg-t'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mg-t] Seatbelt anchor placement
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:55:50 -0600

Thanks,
Bill

[email-masked]

[email-masked]