Subject: [Mg-t] Clean engine water galleys

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 05:40:28 -0500 (EST)

Sending another request - Need advise

Have had to pull XPAG engine out of my 53 TD

Cylinder head rebuilt formerly by a real amateur - used different diameter  
valves in every cylinder. Found this because the head gasket gave out and 
water  got in oil.

Now to clean the engine block water passages & seperately oil passages  
need your collective advise.

Is it wise to use phosphoric acid in the water galleys? Does it have to be  
neutralized afterwards and with what solution? Or is it enough just to 
massively  flush out the acid?

Is it better to use a caustic solution such as sodium hydroxide (Draino  
crystals) - and does this need to be neutralized or just flushed?

I read about some passage way that needs cleaning behind one of the freeze  
plugs - any info on this?

How much does the XPAG engine weigh?

Is it safe to lift it with the head bolts without doing damage to the head  
bolts?
OR
 
Do you have to use a sling under the oil pan?  Will pressure on the  oil 
pan not weaken the pan gasket seal?
 
Thanks for your help
 
Michael Balahutrak
53 TD
Houston, TX
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive