Subject: [Mg-t] Restoration

From: "gunnellj tds.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 21:48:21 -0600

Wow, i was at the body shop today and the '52 MG TD looked like a car for
the first time in a long time. The shop owners is asking me questions and I
guess it's time to order some parts, too.

First question - Is there a spacer or anything between the rear fenders and
their mounting bracket on the frame that keeps them from rubbing against
the rear "gravel pan?" We can't see anything in the Moss Catalog or shop
manual. The second MG (hot rod) has round rubber washers or grommets on
both sides of one rear fender, but we don't know if the car is "factory."

Second question:

A) Are Moss "bolt kits" worthg ordering? Which ones? What don't the kits
include?
B) Same question for the major body rubber kit ?
C) How about body beading? How much does a typical restoration require?
C) What else?

Third question:

Anyone have experience with a product call RSP (Rapid Setting Polyester)
which was once the hot ticket in the old-car hobby for fixing cars with
wood in them. We have some relatively minor rot at bottom of the right-hand
front latch pillar. Wondering is we couldn't just use RSP?

John Gunnell
Iola, WI
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive