Subject: [Mg-t] Re TD Front Brake Backing Plates

From: "gunnellj tds.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 19:32:20 -0600

What differentiates on front brake backing plate form the other? They have
separarte part numbers

On my car

The backing plate on the left is stamped 4/2RH

The backing plate on the right is stamped 25905/_H

I see these plates have different LH and RH part numbers in the Moss
Catalog, but they look identical to me.

 I realize there is an extra little hole on one side that must either face
forward or rearward (who knows the right direction for sure?),  but it
seems as if you could just flip one over to get that orientation.

Is there really a difference I am missing here?
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: BOB GRUNAU <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:56:28 -0500 FILETIME=[4E89C820:01CE0B1E]

Mirror images, not the same.
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of gunnellj tds.net
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mg-t] Re TD Front Brake Backing Plates

On my car

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "John F. Quilter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:16:09 -0800

Doesn't it have something to do with making sure the wheel cylinders are 
fitted correctly to permit a self energizing effect when the shoes and 
cylinders face the correct way around?

John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "BOB GRUNAU" <[email-masked]>
To: "gunnellj tds.net" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Re TD Front Brake Backing Plates

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: John Seim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:17:26 -0800

Aside from part numbers, I do not know the difference on the front plates.
As to the rear plates, the slot for the wheel cylinder must have an arc.
Have seen them reversed, and brake cylinder hangs up in slot, unable to move.
Moving plates to correct sides corrected problem.

John Seim
Irvine, CA

> Is there really a difference I am missing here?
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]