Subject: [Mg-t] XPAG engine + gearbox weight

From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:50:24 -0500

Hello Friends,

I'm about to buy a hoist for my garage but I don't want to buy one much bigger than I will ever need. B This leads me to ask the weight of an XPAG engine with gearbox attached, but otherwise stripped as per the workshop manual. B 

Please advise if you know the weight, or have a good estimate. B Thank you.

-rick, in Houston.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just like a BlackBerry.
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:29:27 -0400 (EDT)

Gents:
 
Had the same question recently - so decided to rented a lift.  It  was me 
that weighed the engine block fully assembled - minus the head was 217  lbs.
 
The engine lift was way over - what was needed.  But it was possible  to 
move freely about.  It was a bit awkward because it was very  heavy.  But I 
will rent it again for $45.00 over the weekend to have the  convenience of 
free movement.
 
Michael Balahutrak
53 TD.
_________

In a message dated 3/15/2013 7:38:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Rick,   Engine and gearbox have been thought to weigh  approx 450, though
someone recently weighed the assembly and found it  somewhat less.   500 lbs
capacity is the smallest chain hoist I  have seen. It would do the job and
could be handy for picking up the lawn  mower for its maintenance, unless 
you
move north, in which case it could  pick up the snow blower for maintenance
also.   Engine lifting  cranes are much easier to use. HF is currently 
offering
a folding one at  $180, and its levelling device for $35.  Might someone in
your club  have one you could borrow?Bob

---------- Original Message  ----------
From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To:  [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [Mgs] XPAG engine +  gearbox weight
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:50:24 -0500

Hello  Friends,

I'm about to buy a hoist for my garage but I don't want to buy  one much 
bigger
than I will ever need. B This leads me to ask the weight of  an XPAG engine
with gearbox attached, but otherwise stripped as per the  workshop manual. B

-rick, in Houston.

Sent from my  Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just
like a  BlackBerry.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:34:35 -0400 (EDT)

I think you saw my message 217 lbs for full block minus head and minus  
transmission.
 
The transmission must not weight too much - since at the age of 62 - I  
could still unbolt it and lift it out from inside the tub by myself.  I  would 
estimate the transmission something less then 100 lbs.  If I  remember (for 
at my age I also forget a lot)  I will weigh it tomorrow  when I am in 
garage.
 
Michael Balahutrak
53 TD
_______________________

In a message dated 3/15/2013 4:50:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hello  Friends,

I'm about to buy a hoist for my garage but I don't want to buy  one much 
bigger than I will ever need. B This leads me to ask the weight of an  XPAG 
engine with gearbox attached, but otherwise stripped as per the workshop  
manual. B 

-rick, in Houston.

Sent from my  Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, 
just like a  BlackBerry.
______________________________________________

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bud Krueger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 05:14:49 -0400

Gearbox, sans remote, weighs in at 60 pounds.
Bud
[email-masked] wrote:
> Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation   $11.47
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]

[email-masked]