Subject: [Mg-t] As it sits today...

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:58:59 -0500

Hello Friends,

I'm writing to share a few documentation pictures of my '53 M.G.TD.
Please know that I photograph everything for MY use, not to tell you
what to do.   That's not a disclaimer, just a statement.  I write
because I like sharing the experience.  Here's how the project looks
today.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1201.JPG

I pulled a few more carpet tacks from the timbers, removed the spare
tire carrier and tank straps and removed the remaining tail light.  I
then stopped, cleaned up and took some pictures to aid in rerouting
the new electrical harness.  Here's a look at the harness area where
it exits the left-hand side frame rail.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1202.JPG

The five wires there terminate in a knot of splices.  From there a
sub-harness exits to the right where the first breakout is left-hand
brake/turn/parking light wires.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1205.JPG

In about the center-line of the car there is another breakout for the
fuel sensor and license plate lamp.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1204.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1203.JPG

You can see that the fuel outlet has been weeping.  My 5 gallon gas
can is over in the storage unit so I have not yet gotten around to
draining the tank.  It has about a gallon of old, terribly nasty
smelling fuel onboard.

Further on to the right the remaining wires from the harness dive over
the frame and under the corner of the wing, supplying power to the
right hand lighting.  I didn't get a picture of that but it is a
mirror image of the left hand side.

The harness is secured at the rear wing mounting bolt.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1207.JPG

You can see that some ugly splicing has been done.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1208.JPG

Here's another look at the harness on its way up to the left hand
lighting (opening).

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1207.JPG

The insides of the wings are remarkably rust free.  When I refinish
the undersides, I'll paint them with POR15 before spraying on primer
and body color (Autumn Red).

That's it for now.  Happy Wednesday.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Sonny Surles <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:15:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Rick,

I do look forward to your posts.  It is a great encouragement!

Thanks,

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: mg-t <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Apr 24, 2013 5:59 pm
Subject: [Mg-t] As it sits today...

Hello Friends,

-rick

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]