Subject: [Mg-t] Monday's TD progress

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 17:02:35 -0500

Hi Friends,

Today I just disassembled more car, stripped more paint, created more
clutter, swept more garage.  Instead of weaving a tail, here are a
bunch of new pictures with minimal comment.

First up was the removal of the headlights.  Here's the wiring inside
the left pod.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1242.JPG

And a look at the front end with the bumper, front valance and
headlights removed.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1243.JPG

Here's the left front wing, now on the garage floor.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1244.JPG

The frame is in great shape and access to the engine is superb.  All
bolts on the front wing came out easily - exactly the same way the
rear ones didn't!

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1245.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1246.JPG

The following pictures are included to demonstrate proper alignment of
the rubber trim.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1247.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1248.JPG

Here are a couple of pictures of the left front suspension, taken just
because this was the first time I got a good look at it.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1249.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1250.JPG

Here's a look at the left front of the tub bolts.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1251.JPG

I stopped for a moment to show you how cluttered the garage is getting.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1252.JPG

Here's the car now with most of the paint stripped from the tub and
the floor swept.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1254.JPG

The next three pictures are just documentation of the tub steel,
stripped but not sanded.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1255.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1256.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1257.JPG

Here's just another look at the car, as of 29 April 2013.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1260.JPG

Lots of coats of paint, primer and who-knows-what on the left rear
wing.  I stripped a little of the paint just for a look underneath.
There's at least three different colors of primer and two colors of
paint!  The ugly top-coat of turquoise paint is directly over the
Woodland Green, without primer.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1262.JPG

Here's the front valance, just removed.  The radiator in the box if
from the Lotus Elan.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1263.JPG

Here's a box-o-lights.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1264.JPG

And finally, just a look into the car's grill, as it sits today.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1265.JPG

I'm tired, but happy.

On top of our recent Houston flooding, we're expecting more rain.  Or
as Shmi said, "Storm's a commin' Annie."

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive