Subject: [Mg-t] A little more TD progress.

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 12:18:19 -0500

Hi Friends,

This morning I cleaned the garage and worked on a few parts.  Its
really humid here today so painting was out of the question, after
opening the garage door.  However, un-painting is viable. :-)

Here's a look at the instrument panel (taken by Bill and cropped by me).

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/Instrument_before.jpg

Once removed from the facia and on the bench, I coated it with paint
stripper.  Even the outer edges of the chrome were smeared with black
paint by some PO, when the facia was painted.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130402_094932.jpg

And 10 minutes later, the paint was stripped and the chrome edge was polished.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130402_100853.jpg

That guy is going to look really nice!  And that (almost) begs the
question; What is the 'correct' finish on the panel?  I've seen
everything from tan to chrome to body color.  The biggest variability
I have seen, even in Clausager's book, is in the A, B and C series.
The Ds and Fs always seem to be medium-tan.  The finish on my panel
was brown-to-tan and 'may' have been metallic paint.  The interior
will be Moss's Honey Tan so my first thought is a medium brown. BUT,
your advice would be appreciated.

The next project was the horn-push.  Here's how it looks once disassembled.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130402_101519.jpg

Everything is now restored, the contacts burnished, tested and the
metal repainted (before opening the garage door into Houston's
humidity).  However, the little screw heads are damaged so I'm off to
the hardware store for parts.  I'll share a picture of the restored
switch, complete with new wires, once I have it reassembled.

Regards,

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mike E <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:15:52 -0400

Rick,
The dash panel paint is metallic bronze, Moss part #220-530.  Same for TD and
TF.
-Mike EldredWilmington, VT1951 M38 Jeep
1954 MG TF
(Need a '60s car!)1973 Midget1977 MGB

> Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 12:18:19 -0500
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [Mg-t] A little more TD progress.
>
> Hi Friends,
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 21:08:09 GMT

Looking better every day, Rick.
 Hardware store is unlikely to have BA (British Association) fasteners, just
something close enough to chew up existing threads.
   Try Jon Caswell, British Tools and Fasteners, for a source that ships
fast.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Mike E <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mg-t] A little more TD progress.
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:15:52 -0400

Rick,

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]