Subject: [Mg-t] Combo oil pressure / coolant temperature gauge

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 21:09:14 -0500

Hello Friends,

Today was a grandbaby hugging day so not a lot of car work got done.
This evening I did clean the combo gauge and while its LOTS better, it
still has a lot of 'patina' on the face.  Here's how it looked when I
started.  (The website is REALLY slow this evening so if you can't get
to the pictures, please try a little later.  The ghost's in the
machine!)

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1070.JPG

Here it is, as it looks after tonight's work.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1080.JPG

I'll paint the gauge hands before final reassembly and put a new wrap
of green cellophane around the light opening.  These little buggers
are really expensive so I don't want to mess with it too much and risk
damage.  I think it will be just fine as is, if showing a little
character.  If I change my mind later, there are reputable shops who
can restore the instrument.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bud Krueger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 05:19:11 -0400

Rick,

While you have it out you might as well check its calibration.  Just put 
the temperature sensor bulb into a pan of boiling water and see where 
the needle goes.

Bud
Richard Lindsay wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]

[email-masked]