Subject: [Mg-t] More TD work, a.k.a. First day of retirement

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:29:38 -0500

Its the first day of my retirement and...wait for it...YES!  I got a
call this afternoon from the company asking about some data I
processed!  No escape!  However, I have had a good day in the garage.
Story follows;

A couple of days ago I wrote to you stating that I would probably
rebuild the '53 TD's fuel pump rather than replacing it - and that is
what I have done.  Here's how the pump looked on the car.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1030.JPG

Here's how it looked on the bench with the filter and the fuel chamber removed.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1041.JPG

Here's a look at the non-return valve before any cleanup.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1042.JPG

Here are the valve parts (almost) ready for reassembly.  I say almost
because the valve disks still need to be cleaned.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1043.JPG

And here's the pump reassembled with new gaskets, the contacts
burnished, and tested.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1044.JPG

It runs great and looks nice.

>From there I moved on to the next component to rebuild; the starter
switch.  Here's how it looked while still on the car.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1050.JPG

Same switch on the bench, awaiting cleanup.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1051.JPG

Some fuel pump debris is still on the bench.  All has since been
cleaned up.  Here's a look at the switch, now cleaned up, refinished
and tested.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1054.JPG

And finally, a look back at the car with the parts removed.  This
picture is my guide as to the correct placement / orientation of the
various mounting brackets.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1053.JPG

And that's it for now.  I like sharing the work and I know some of you
probably enjoy seeing the progress.  Please feel free to just hit
'delete' is uninterested.

With kind regards,

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 23:02:19 GMT

Thanks for the pics.
   Nice to see these good old components brought back into service.
   The starter switch even has its build date showing.
   What are you using for finish on the switch metal?
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],  Rui Gigante
<[email-masked]>, Neil Shannon <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mg-t] More TD work, a.k.a. First day of retirement
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:29:38 -0500

Here's how it looked on the bench with the filter and the fuel chamber
removed.

With kind regards,

-rick

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Terry Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 20:10:47 -0700 (PDT)

I've restored 5 MGs all of which came to me in baskets...I found that if you
do something each day no matter how small, they finally get done!!
NA, TA, TC, Arnolt, TF1500
Terry in Oakland

--- On Tue, 4/2/13, Sonny Surles <[email-masked]> wrote:h day

From: Sonny Surles <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] More TD work, a.k.a. First day of retirement
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 7:33 PM

This is encouragement for many of us.  Thanks for sharing, terrific!

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: mgs <[email-masked]>; mg-t <[email-masked]>; Rui Gigante
<[email-masked]>; Neil Shannon <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Apr 1, 2013 4:30 pm
Subject: [Mg-t] More TD work, a.k.a. First day of retirement

With kind regards,

-rick

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]