Subject: [Mg-t] Thank you List!

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 18:40:05 -0500

Hello Friends,

I'd like to thank the list-member who argued that I should bite the
bullet and buy the correct Moss paint for the TD's instrument cluster.
 Sadly, I can't remember who it was.  I was leaning toward using some
kind of paint from the garage shelf, probably because of my Scottish
ancestry (read: being CHEAP).  However, I did order the correct paint
and here are the results.

First of all, I stripped the old finish with Aircraft Stripper...

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130402_094932.jpg

..., then polished the chrome edges of the panel.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130402_100853.jpg

I then taped and primered with an automotive primer that adheres
better to bare metal, like chrome.  I then applied the first mist coat
of paint.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130409_171710.jpg

And here's how it looks now with two coats of the Moss finish and the
masking tape removed.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130409_172451_1.jpg

I think it looks AWESOME.  Thank you MG List!

And now, I have a question for you same great guys.

What color are the blind-headed screws used to attach the panel?  I've
seen pictures of black screws and screws painted with the bronze
paint.  Which is 'correct', if either?

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive