Subject: Re: [Mg-t] [Bulk] Mg-t Digest, Vol 7, Issue 54

From: "Gable, Gerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 12:35:36 +0000

Speaking of paints I wondered if anyone could tell what paint and the color
formula for the yellowish TC - which was it original color - to use.
Thanks
Gerry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Rick Lindsay
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:22 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] [Bulk] Mg-t Digest, Vol 7, Issue 54

Oh man. B What a question! B  Until today, my mind was made up. B Now I'm
waffling - a littleB

The interior will be Honey Tan with Honey Tan carpet. B That's already in the
garage in storage. B I took advantage of that 30% Moss discount, offered
earlier.

The most likely color will be Autumn Red. B I know that color was not an
option in 1953, but I really like it! B  But also in the running is medium
gray metallic and two-tone gray (light gray body, darker gray wings). B Dark
red will probably win. B After all red/tan is a Ferrari standard. B :-P

Today I talked with a paint shop about media blasting, etch primer, infilling
the rubbley surface rust areas and painting the wings, running boards and
doors with me painting the tub. B I'll use the same paint the shop uses. B It
will be a single stage, non-metallic paint. B Cost estimate was $1500. B

Given what I paid to have my 308GTB painted, $1500 is free!

-rick
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just
like a BlackBerry.

-------- Original message --------
From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: 05/08/2013  2:08 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] [Bulk] Mg-t Digest, Vol 7, Issue 54

Rick,

I'm curious what you plans for painting the car are.B

Mike

>
> Once stripped of paint and the rust sanded away, the grill was
> primered with Rusoleum Rusty Metal Primer.B  The primer is beginning
> to dry in this picture.
>
> http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1283.JPG
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 11:31:09 -0500

Hard to beat red!

On May 8, 2013, at 4:22 PM, Rick Lindsay wrote:

> Oh man.  What a question!   Until today, my mind was made up.  Now I'm
waffling - a little
>
> The interior will be Honey Tan with Honey Tan carpet.  That's already in the
garage in storage.  I took advantage of that 30% Moss discount, offered
earlier.
>
> The most likely color will be Autumn Red.

[email-masked]

---

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 11:37:41 -0500

Go here for paint formulas....

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgtd/mgtd_finishes.htm#Ivory

[email-masked]