Subject: [Mg-t] Some work on the Cowl

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 18:44:37 -0500

Hello Friends,

Spent some time in the garage today.  First of all, I got out all the
new parts that I bought back when Moss was having that big sale.  I
then paired them with the parts previously removed.  For example, I
had cleaned and refinished the seat-back attachments previously.  I
got those bits back out, selected bolts and nuts, and the all the new
chrome hardware I got on sale, and then put the assemblies into
'kits'.

I next sanded the body tub below the running board line, on the left
hand side.  I then primered it and once dry, filled the rubbley pits
will a thin film of body filler.  More on that in a minute.  While all
of that was drying and curing, I removed all the various bits from the
cowl.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130511_151418.jpg

I then cleaned those various mounts in preparation for repainting
black.  Here's how they look now, mostly cleaned up on the wire wheel.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130511_175552.jpg

Disclaimer:  I don't care for Starbucks politics, but the do make good coffee.

I then sanded the metal clean on the left hand side of the cowl, and
applied primer.  Its still drying in this picture, leading to the
mottled appearance in the photo.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130511_175607.jpg

I'll work my way across the cowl, cleaning and primering as I go.
Here's another look at the whole area.  The quarter ahead of the rear
wing mount still needs a little filler to bring the repair up to
level.  In this picture, the primer there was still drying.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130511_175625.jpg

And now, everything is resting - including me. The last picture is of
the VIN, from the left front frame horn: TD28464.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130510_140951.jpg

Tomorrow morning, after the Spanish F1 Grand Prix, I'll primer then
paint the various cowl brackets and the headlight dimmer switch.  I'll
then select new bolts and nuts to attach these bits and assemble them
into kits, awaiting reassembly.  Yea, I know its kinda OCD, but hey,
this IS a hobby.

Happy Saturday,

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive