Subject: [Mg-t] Completed today's quest...

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 14:56:48 -0500

Hi Friends,

As intended, I finished the top, outer side and bottom of the left
middle-to-rear frame.  Its now cleaned and primered from the scuttle
hoop to the rear bumper mount.  The inside of that rail, where the
brake line and harness run, will be addressed next.  And when
everything is cleaned and primered, I'll put on a nice coat of chassis
black.

Here are a couple of pictures of the work, in progress.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130529_142054.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130529_142108.jpg

In that second picture you can see a paper towel stuffed in the
bushing opening, just to keep extra paint out of there.

Here's another look.  I'll put a jack stand under the axle and R&R the
loop when next I get to the garage.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130529_142116.jpg

And as the day's work concluded, I rolled the car aside, and swept up
the debris.  In the background is my E-Type.  I rotate through the
cars, as long as the weather is nice, keeping the batteries charged
and the seals wet.  I also try to never forget how lucky I am to have
these cars.

I have to say, those Whitworth tools are the second best shop tools
I've ever bought.  The first, without doubt, is those four casters
under the car, allowing easy movement for cleanup.  They are genius!

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive