Subject: [Mg-t] a couple of questions

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 05:56:09 -0500

Morning Friends,

Please help me if you know the answer to these questions;

1) On a LHD late TD (1953) with the floor-mounted headlight dimmer
switch (which is actually mounted on the inside of the cowl), which
way are the three mounting bolts oriented - bolts inside with nuts in
the engine compartment, or visa-versa?  My car had the bolts in the
cockpit and the nuts under the bonnet - but we all know that 'the way
it is' is not always 'the way it was' in a 60-year-old car!

2) Same car.  There is an oblong cover on the transmission cover that
when removed, provides access to the gearbox dipstick and filler port.
 My car had this little steel cover covered with black carpet - and a
rather sloppy job of it.  When new, was this cover carpeted, covered
in Rexine or simply painted?

Thanks,

-rick, up early
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 20:43:13 GMT

Hi Rick,
   In mine, bolt heads were in the cockpit, nuts on outside of the footwell,
and the gearbox cover is carpeted with same material as the tunnel and
floorboards.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mg-t] a couple of questions
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 05:56:09 -0500

Morning Friends,

Thanks,

-rick, up early

[email-masked]

[email-masked]