Subject: [Mg-t] Small bits of progress

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 11:59:15 -0500

Good morning Friends,

This morning I cleaned out the interior.  It had filled up with
debris, sanding dust, worn out sandpaper, cut off bolts, nails, tacks,
strips of carpet, etc..  I picked up the big pieces, stuff larger than
a quarter, then vacuumed everything out.  With that done, I could sit
on the floorboards and unscrew the transmission cover screws and
passenger foot rest.  All but two of the remaining traney cover screws
came out okay but two are rusted solid.  They will be drilled out.

After completing the clean up, I removed the radiator.  I had to cut
the hoses but everything else lifted out just fine.  Here's how the
front of the engine looks now.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130514_093841.jpg

A tiny bit of coolant spilled, but I had drained the system earlier.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130514_093910.jpg

Here's a look at the front engine mount.  Grimy oil is a good rust
preventative, in places.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130514_093930.jpg

I don't know if the stock thermostat will clean up and work properly,
but that's a pretty easy test.  I'll replace, if I need to do so.
Here's how it looks right after cutting the hose free.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130514_093939.jpg

The next couple of pictures are just documentation of the engine, in situ.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130514_094026.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130514_094035.jpg

I'll continue cleaning the front of the tub after lifting the engine
and transmission free.

And finally, here's just a quick picture of the radiator, leaning
against a tire.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130514_094044.jpg

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive