Subject: [Mg-t] Tunnel repair

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 15:04:26 -0500

Hi Friends,

This morning I applied the repair to the propshaft tunnel.  Here's how
it looks with the repair in place and curing.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130520_135726.jpg

The fiberglass cloth is being cemented in place with POR15.  This
product cures REALLY hard, yet it does not get overly brittle.  The
mounting lip will now be adequately strong and will not allow fumes
into the cockpit..well, at lease not through those rusty cracks.  The
glass fiber will be trimmed from the edges of the flange once the
product has cured and new mounting holes will be drilled.

A small can of POR15 has a very short pot life after opening; perhaps
two days, even tightly closed.  So to use up the whole can, I cleaned
and coated the outside of the transmission cover.  Here's how it looks
with the finish still wet.  There are no rusted through holes in this
part, probably thanks to the greasy environment of the 60-year-old
transmission.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130520_135715.jpg

Folks, I have no financial (or otherwise) connection with Restomotive,
the makers of MetalPrep and POR15, but I am a satisfied customer.
I've used the products for over a decade.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive