Subject: [Mg-t] Some work on the grill

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 14:19:41 -0500

Hi Friends,

Today I picked up a lot of clutter in the garage and rebuilt the
radiator shell and grill.  That wasn't my intent this morning, but its
the work that got done.  Pictures follow.

The work started with polishing part of the radiator shell, just as a
test.  Here's how it looked.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1274.JPG

Here are a few pictures of the radiator after the shell and screen
were removed.  These were taken as an aid to reassembly.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1275.JPG

Obviously the grill was resprayed turquoise while in place.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1276.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1277.JPG

Here's how the shell looked, partially polished, sitting on the garage floor.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1278.JPG

Careful disassembly allowed the grill to be removed without damage to
the grill, the studs or the brass nuts.  Here's how the grill looks on
the bench.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1281.JPG

Here is the grill, now coated with paint stripper.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1282.JPG

Once stripped of paint and the rust sanded away, the grill was
primered with Rusoleum Rusty Metal Primer.  The primer is beginning to
dry in this picture.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1283.JPG

Here's another look with a second coat of primer.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1285.JPG

Here's the grill with the first coat of paint - an SEM  color to match
the Honey Tan interior.  In this case, the think coat of red primer is
still showing through the paint.  It got another couple of coats,
leaving it a good match for the leather..

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130507_120026.jpg

And finally, here is the shell and grill, all refinished and reassembled.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1286.JPG

Once there is a super thin coat of black paint on the radiator, the
grill will look great.

And now I just realized that I have tan paint under a couple of
fingernails.  Poo.  Hole in the glove.

Happy Tuesday!

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Gene Gillam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 15:33:47 -0500

Damn but you work fastor do you get started at 4 am?

Gene Gillam
Saucier, MS

On May 7, 2013, at 2:19 PM, Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]