Subject: [Mg-t] first spring reinstalled

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 14:36:31 -0500

Hi Friends,

This afternoon my TD's rubber parts arrived so I reassembled the left
rear spring and installed it on new bushings.  Here's how it looks
now.  ( The domain server has been intermittent today so if you get
'not found' errors, just try again. )

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130604_135514e.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130604_135522e.jpg

The handbrake cable attachment is temporary as I haven't yet rebuilt
the slave cylinders or installed the rubber boots.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130604_135533e.jpg

The suspension bolts at the bushings are just snugged up, not tight,
awaiting the weight of the car on the suspension.  When at the Ferrari
factory a decade or so ago, I picked up on a tip the mechanics use
there.  Any nut or bolt that has been properly torqued, has a dab of
red or yellow paint placed across the nut and threads, or the bolt
head and the part.  That way, (1) It is obvious which parts have been
tightened/torqued, and (2) By observing the alignment of the paint
dab, it is obvious if a nut or bolt has moved.  For example, here is a
look at one of the cam belt tensioners on my 308GTB, right after I
replaced the belts.

http://www.aubard.us/hvac/HPIM0086.JPG

I'll do the same for the TD's suspension bolts, if perhaps a bit more subtly.

The new brake pipes arrived too.  They are from Moss and appear to be
of top quality copper-nickel alloy.  I have done nothing more than
identify and inventory them.  I believe that I will do a little more
cleaning and refinishing before running pipes...

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130604_124652.jpg

-rick
PS: Black parts are really hard to photograph!
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive