Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Somewhere between the schematic and the harness

From: Tuck Southworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 13:17:32 -0400

Rick,
I'm guessing this might be after the fact but when I replaced the wire harness
on my TF I snipped off all but about two inches of old wire from each
connection.  I used what I left in place as a guide when I installed the new
harness.  It's pretty straight forward and as you noted having reference
photos makes routing the various breakouts fairly simple.
Tuck

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 9, 2013, at 10:57 AM, Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> In all my scrounging around on the Internet, I have not been able to
> find a diagram of the TD's wiring harness layout and connectivity.
> These drawings are common for other British vehicles.  I just can't
> find one for THIS car.  Let me explain what I'm talking about.
>
> The TD's wiring is quite simple and schematics are in the workshop
> manual.  Harnesses are available from Moss, etc., and they are of high
> quality.  What is missing is a sketch of the harness routing and the
> breakouts from the harness, indicating which color-code of wires go to
> which lugs of the various components.  And yes, one can work this out
> pretty easily given the schematic and snapshots taken before
> disassembly.  But I think a simple, easy guide would benefit our
> community.  If you have one (Bud?), or know of one, please share the
> reference.  Otherwise, I will make one as I plan my car's rewiring,
> and share it with the T-Series community.
>
> -rick.
> ______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bud Krueger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 13:54:33 -0400

Rick, I suspect that such a wiring harness layout diagram is uncommon is 
because of the simplicity, and consistency, of the TD's wiring.  
Observance of the wiring color code is all that you really need.  Just 
take the wiring harness and lay it out on the floor. You can picture the 
components along the chassis and, if you look at the wiring color code, 
you can readily pinpoint what goes where. Very few wires aren't 
specified, e.g., the wire from the coil to the distributor and the power 
lead for the clock.  The sub-harness for the rear wiring identifies 
itself by its colors.  The only one that really causes a second OSH is 
the dash harness, but after a bit even it becomes obvious.

Just give it a try,

Bud
Richard Lindsay wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]

[email-masked]