Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Mg-t Digest, Vol 7, Issue 91

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:52:48 -0500

You miss the point Ed,  no where does Crane cams recommend ZDDP additives to
protect their cams--  they only require special oil during the break in....

On Jun 18, 2013, at 1:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Because IIRC the Brad Penn ( along with Joe Gibbs Oils---3 time winner of
Super Bowl ! ! ! ) IS/ARE
> formulated WITH correct++ ZZDP in quantities required to protect our motors,
Mike <G> ! !
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:52:43 -0500

Mike <G> ! !

[email-masked]

---

From: Bud Krueger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:41:18 -0400

Mike, I think that you're the one missing Crane's point.  They are 
suggesting that users avoid the use of 'modern oils', i.e., SLor SM.  
These are the oils virtually without the critical ZDDP additives.  It's 
the tappets that are in trouble, not the cam lobes.

Bud

Duvall Video Productions wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:50:39 -0500

No Bud,  read the sheet again-  the no SL SM is under the break in period.

"There are some oils with additive packages that are better for camshaft
break-in. These include, but are not limited to: (Brad Penn or Maxima) or a
race only petroleum- based oil and include Crane Cams Part # 99003-1 Super
Lube additive. Do not use API rated SL or SM oil."

> Mike, I think that you're the one missing Crane's point.  They are
suggesting that users avoid the use of 'modern oils', i.e., SLor SM.  These
are the oils virtually without the critical ZDDP additives.  It's the tappets
that are in trouble, not the cam lobes.
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]