Subject: [Mg-t] TD head restoration

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:25:25 -0500

Hello Friends,

My TD's head is bare, clean and being refinished.  The ports are
cleaned and the valves are all lapped on to their seats.  Spark plug
holes have had their threads chased.  Here's how it looked when masked
and in primer.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130724_140221.jpg

And here's how it looks now with the red paint applied (and still
wet).  Yes, the paint is probably too bright red, the flash makes it
look even brighter, and the pictures are a bit washed out - but that's
no big deal.  Its clean and ready for reassembly of the valve
hardware.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130724_150551.jpg

Here's another look.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130724_150600.jpg

I still have to order parts.  First of all, I need to replace two of
the oil shields.  Two of them are too short - including the one at the
stuck valve.  I also have to order a replacement pushrod (of the
correct length).  And despite my careful efforts, one collet has gone
astray.  I'll order 2 or 3 replacements, just in case.

In the mean time, I need to clean and restore the rockers.

And that's it for today.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive