Subject: [Mg-t] Tiny TD update

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 09:33:51 -0500

Hello Friends,

The Moss order arrived yesterday (Isn't that always fun?!) so I went
back to work on the head this morning.  I installed all the valves,
lubricated the stems with assembly lube, and used the new parts that
just arrived.  I had previously lapped the valves onto their seats.
Here's how the head looks now.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130731_085607e.jpg

Just for safe, clean storage, I put the previously refreshed rocker
gear in place and  installed the bolts finger tight.  And just because
this is a passion, I had to take a glamour shot (by Deb).

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130731_090641e.jpg

In that picture you can see the oil filler cap.  The plating has
eroded away over the car's 60-year life, so I just cleaned the cap,
lightly polished the metal, and installed it.

That's it for this morning.  Gotta run to the autoparts store for five
valve stems - the kind that attach with a nut.  The holes for the
innertube stems is a little too large for conventional rubber valve
stems.  Perhaps there is a special stem for this purpose.  I'll check.

Happy whatever day this is.

-rick

PS: I read on some list, possibly this one, that classic car
restoration/preservation is more than a hobby; Its a passion.  Thus,
the use of that word above.
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive