Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Mg-t Digest, Vol 7, Issue 96

From: Duvall Video Productions <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 13:19:05 -0500

Bob,  The rubber strips just squeeze in.  If yours are old they may not be
flexible enough to pull out without damaging them.  The aluminum strips used a
nut and bolt originally so you may have to drill those out to get them off.

On Jul 3, 2013, at 1:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Subject: [Mg-t] TD running board rubber strips
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
>  In preparation for painting, it's time for me to remove the rubber running
> board strips.  How is this done?  They appear to be secured with a rivet
head
> under the running board.   Is the rubber peeled out of the aluminium strip
to
> reveal the flared rivet or a machine screw head?  How is that done w/o
> damaging rubber or aluminium?  The new Moss bits I bought look to be good
> repros, but I would prefer to use the originals again, if possible.Bob
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive