Subject: [Mg-t] Valve stem pre-lube

From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 05:42:09 -0500

Morning Friends,

Once again, I ask for (and appreciate) your sage advice.

Upon final assembly of valves in their guides, I have historically used assembly-lube and have never had a problem. B However, the TD workshop manual for the XPAG recommends using clean motor oil. B Is that because oil is better than assembly-lube in this application, or because the manual pre-dates the common used of assembly-lube?

Your opinions are appreciated.B 

-rick
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just like a BlackBerry.
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:33:51 GMT

Motor oil predates assembly lube, but either will work fine if engine is to
be fired up shortly after assembly. If it is to be seat aside for a while, I
would expect assy lube to stick to the metal better and longer.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mg-t] Valve stem pre-lube
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 05:42:09 -0500

Morning Friends,

Upon final assembly of valves in their guides, I have historically used
assembly-lube and have never had a problem. B However, the TD workshop manual
for the XPAG recommends using clean motor oil. B Is that because oil is better
than assembly-lube in this application, or because the manual pre-dates the
common used of assembly-lube?

-rick
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just
like a BlackBerry.
______________________________________________

[email-masked]

[email-masked]