Subject: [Mg-t] MGs in Porto

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:49:18 -0500

Hello Friends,

In an earlier note, I made reference to the number of fantastic MGs in
Porto, Portugal, as well as mention of a restoration shop with
zillions of parts.  The place was just astounding!  Here are some
photos to back up those claims.

First up are just some pictures of T-Series cars (etc.) in various
states of restoration / preservation starting with a beautiful
competition car at '2013 Boavista'...

http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0053.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0054.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0055.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0056.JPG

...and another...

http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0101.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0102.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0103.JPG

Now, some in-progress pictures from that shop I referenced...

http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0377.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0378.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0379.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0380.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0381.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0382.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0383.JPG

...and some of the cars in the showroom - some customer cars and some for sale.

http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0397.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0398.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0399.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0400.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0401.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0402.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0403.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0404.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0407.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0408.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0409.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0410.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0411.JPG

Here are some pictures of the shop, including the zillions of parts.  I drooled.

http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0386.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0387.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0388.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0389.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0390.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0391.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0392.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0393.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0394.JPG
http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/DSCN0395.JPG

And finally, a period poster from their shop proclaiming, "The new MG
Midget - A man's car."  This art appeals to my despise of political
correctness. :-P

http://www.aubard.us/Porto_MG/mg_poster.jpg

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 19:59:30 -0500

Bob wrote:

B > Question--did you find yourself never wanting to leave, or
> impatient to get home to the TD?

A bit of both. B What I really wanted to do was bring cars home! B Rui is really busy at work, with family and with his hobby - Ferrari restoration. B Still, I'm sure he'll give us the reference for the Porto MG shop. B 

However, we may be able to get Rui to go select various parts from their boxes, as long as we don't get excessive with our requests.

-rick
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just like a BlackBerry.

-------- Original message --------
From: [email-masked] 
Date: 07/12/2013  6:02 PM  (GMT-06:00) 
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGs in Porto 

Rick,
B B  Thanks so much for the pics.
B B B  Question--did you find yourself never wanting to leave, or impatient to get home to the TD?
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], "[email-masked] List" <[email-masked]>, Rui Gigante <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mgs] MGs in Porto
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:49:18 -0500

Hello Friends,

In an earlier note, I made reference to the number of fantastic MGs in
Porto, Portugal, as well as mention of a restoration shop with
zillions of parts.B  The place was just astounding!B  Here are some
photos to back up those claims.

...and another...

Here are some pictures of the shop, including the zillions of parts.B  I drooled.

And finally, a period poster from their shop proclaiming, "The new MG
Midget - A man's car."B  This art appeals to my despise of political
correctness. :-P

-rick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: JohnD <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 02:16:44 -0400

I think I would take a vacation to Portugal, wherever that is, just to
wander around that shop. What a treat! Thanks for the pix.
John Deikis
-- 

*Driving in the past lane!*
JohnsfollyVintageRacing <http://www.johnsfolly.webs.com>
______________________________________________

[email-masked]