Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Brake line fittings

From: Charlie Baldwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:55:30 -0400

Al,
That is a common problem.  Sometimes they don't want to come apart 
because of that happening.  When making new lines, I have reused the 
original nuts and ground them down so that they fit correctly in place.  
And touching them up with a file should hurt nothing, though make sure 
that you get it nice and clean before reassembling.
Charlie

On 8/20/2013 9:18 PM, pops502 wrote:
> I am having a problem re assembling the metal brake lines at the front tee.The
> tubing nut has a shoulder area before the threads start.Has anyone had a
> problem with this shoulder becoming slightly flared preventing it from being
> reassembled? Can the area be touched up carefully with a file?
>                 Al
> ______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: John Seim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 06:18:24 -0700

Touch them up lightly with a file.
The seal is what looks like an inverted funnel, to the double flare of the
tubing.
The steel tubing nut is there just to push the double flare against the
fitting.
Overtightening of the tube nut is what causes the tube nut end to mushroom.

John Seim
Irvine, CA

On Aug 20, 2013, at 6:18 PM, pops502 wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]