Subject: [Mg-t] (Not) gone but probably forgotten

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:42:13 -0500

Hi Friends,

I got back in the garage today and did a bit more work on the TD. This is
the first time I've worked on the car in a week, or two. Been busy
elsewhere.

Last weekend I had a great time at the Radnor Hunt Concours, just west of
Philadelphia. I didn't post this info in advance because, well, one just
doesn't announce that their home will be vacant for a week.  And yes, I
trust you car guys but nothing posted on the Internet is private. Its ALL
public domain from the moment the 'enter' key hits bottom.

Anyway, today was fun. I cleaned the frame further forward and just onto
the cross-member, on the right side. I then painted it. Once dry, I
installed the new starter.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_100753.jpg

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_100813.jpg

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_100823.jpg

I next cleaned and refinished the clutch linkage.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_103953.jpg

The bolt loosely threaded into the housing is for the ground strap. I've
left this bolt loose to remind me to re-install the strap.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_104004.jpg

Sorry for the soft focus. And while the paint was curing on the clutch, I
installed a new oil filter element into the refinished filter body.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_103658.jpg

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_103900.jpg

I then cleaned and refinished the front body tub upright, plus the
stabilizing rod.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_124706.jpg

The fuel line needs to be touched up where it is attached to the upright.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20130912_130405.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to finish the left side upright and frame, up onto the
cross-member. I'm REALLY close to setting the head. That's a special moment!

Happy to be home!

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive