Subject: [Mg-t] TD - questions

From: Ron Olds <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 13:10:52 +0000

Rick,

I have been following and enjoying your diary on the TD rebuilt.  I am very
impressed with the progress you made so far.  I wish I was working as fast as
you have.  I guess that is what retirement gets you.

I do have some questions on your work process.  What methods do you use for
cleaning up the parts before refinishing.  You make very quick progress with
good results. On the body did you completely strip off the paint before
priming or only clean up areas that needed attention then prime the entire
areas?

I am getting to the point that I will be starting on the body.  I have the
drive train, suspension and frame completed.  I still need to find a place to
have my painting done.  I hope to have the body parts painted separately
before assembly. What did you use for primer and will you be doing your body
painting yourself?

I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Ronald Olds
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive