Subject: [Mg-t] TD plumbing...

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:35:59 -0500

Hi Friends,

This morning was complex. Yea, that's not supposed to be the case once
retired. But it does happen.

At about 3:00AM, my wife's 85-year-old mom got out of bed to see why
her STUPID-ASS dog wasn't at the foot of her bed. And of course, she
fell and broke her pelvis. Fortunately, it wasn't a hip - which is
actually the head breaking off the femur. The solution is minor
surgery, pain management, rest, and time. Sadly, she missed landing on
the S-A dog.

That occupied much of our morning, trying to synchronize help from
1000 miles away, and planning travel. After that fiasco was
stabilized, Nancy watched the news (FOX, of course) while I went to
the garage. I first refinished the exhaust hangers and the T-pipe
between the radiator, thermostat housing and water pump. I first
cleaned it out carefully (the pipe, not the hangers :-) and cleaned
the exterior on the wire wheel. It then got a coat of gloss black
paint. I should have already refinished this part but alas, no system
is perfect.

I next installed the pipe using new hoses and new clamps. Here's how
it looks now.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130930_114340.jpg

I'll install the exhaust next. Pictures soon...

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive