Subject: [Mg-t] TD - plug wire orientation

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:55:18 -0500

Hello Friends,

We all know the XPAG's (like most all 4-cylinder L4 engines) firing
order is 1-3-4-2, rotating anti-clockwise, but what is the correct
plug wire orientation. From many of the pictures I see, the ideal
location is for #1 is to be at the lower left distributor post. And of
course, that can easily be achieved by aligning the distributor shaft
in that orientation with #1 at TDC.

However...how did M.G. align the rotor / plug wires? Anyone know? Any
factory pictures revealing the secret?

Thanks,

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:02:33 GMT

Rick,
   Illustration Fig C 19 shows the wire connection post at about five-five
thirty position.. The flat area of the distributor is not parallel to te
engine. Fig P 1 shows it also.
    My engine is out of the car now, and distributor cap & wires stored
separately, so I can't help with orientation of wires.
    XPAG distributors are gear driven, not with the offset drive plate used in
later MG engines. It may take several insertions of the distributor to get the
rotor aimed at the cap contact you want to use.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mg-t] TD - plug wire orientation
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:55:18 -0500

Hello Friends,

Thanks,

-rick

[email-masked]

[email-masked]