Subject: [Mg-t] Mini-update on the TD

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:40:01 -0500

Hi Friends,

Been out of town AND have been working on the 1800ES since I got back
- until yesterday. Today, however, I did get a little work done on the
M.G..

Today I bolted the front of the tub to the chassis and I installed
grommets in the firewall. After that I installed the speedometer and
tachometer cables and bolted in a few more things. Here's how things
look now.

First of all, the steering column has been reinstalled.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1415.JPG

Hardware bolted in place.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1417.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1418.JPG

I bolted the new battery in place, ready for cables.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1419.JPG

Here's the starter switch. Notice the grommet through which the cable will exit.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1420.JPG

The rebuilt fuel pump is remounted on fresh rubber vibration
isolators. Most applications I've seen show the turn signal flasher on
the inside of the firewall. Mine was on the outside when I got the car
so I mounted the new unit as I found the old one. Its an easy change
if needed.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1421.JPG

Over on the other side, the tachometer cable is now through the
firewall grommet.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1452.JPG

Here's a similar view on the other side of the firewall. The horn is
now also mounted.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1453.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1454.JPG

I tested and adjusted each horn when I rebuilt it, so all should be
well. Still, its easy access to wire the horn AND to adjust, if
required.

Here's a view of the engine now awaiting the wiring harness.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1455.JPG

The harness is upstairs in storage.

While working on the M.G., I have also been preparing the Volvo 1800ES
for paint. Here's a look at the car, just FYI.

http://www.aubard.us/1800ES/20131015_142125e.jpg

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive