Subject: [Mg-t] Rear of tub, paint

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 08:16:05 -0500

Hello Friends,

Here's a picture of the TD's tub, from the rear. I have included this
picture so you can see the weakness of the spray job. Full disclosure,
you see.

Across the rear of the tub, an inch or two below the edge, you can see
where I didn't in-fill some surface rust damage. The metal is sealed
with POR15 and primered but I did not do a smooth surface prep. Why?
Because this area is covered by the top of the fuel tank - and I can
have moments of extreme laziness. You can also see a 'run' near the
left tank strap mount. If this flaw can't be corrected with a 'run
cutter' and polish, I'll sand it down and respray this spot. Honestly,
the spot is mostly behind the spare so I may lazy-out and do nothing.
:-P

The wood behind the tank is painted with satin finish Rusoleum black paint.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131010_072236e.jpg

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive