Subject: [Mg-t] TD seat foam

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:22:17 -0600

Hi Friends,

I just opened my Moss seat foam kit (640-348) only to find the foam
noticeably larger than the base. For those of you who have used this
product, do you just work the foam into the space available, kinda
like pre-loading? Or are these 'sponges' trim-to-fit? My gut tells me
the former but I ask for your sage knowledge. Thanks.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:34:32 GMT

Foams from that source may vary.
  Many MGB people say that their new Moss foams were much taller than the old
foams, and that their legs don't fit under the steering wheel.  The MGB foams
I got a year or two ago were fine as received, though , and fit perfectly.
  No experience with TD foams.
Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mg-t] TD seat foam
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:22:17 -0600

Hi Friends,

-rick

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: John Seim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:24:29 -0800

The foam that I have received from Moss Motors, is a heavy density foam.
The Dunlop Pillowblock foam that was used by the factory would be
classified as a medium density foam. Compresses more than high density.
You want to side below the top of the windshield, not at eye level with it.

You can get medium density foam at most upholstery stores. And, you can
cut it with an electric carving knife.

John Seim
Irvine, CA

On Nov 20, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Richard Lindsay wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]