Subject: [Mg-t] Minimal TD work

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:04:03 -0600

Hi Friends,

Here's an early look at my TD's interior.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/1953%20TD%20018.jpg

The seats are vinyl and appear to be homemade. Upon opening the
driver's seat, the homemade interpretation is probably confirmed.

Here are a couple of looks at the wooden frame with the foam and raffia removed.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1498.JPG

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1497.JPG

I'll use wood filler in all the nail and staple holes followed by
MinWax Wood Hardner on everything. One can tell by the light weight
that a lot of the wood's strength is reduced. Wood Hardner infills the
voids in old wood and re-hardens it. This process, like paint, also
seals the surface of the porous material, and prevents that 'old car'
smell. Now, to us, that smell says, "Yeehaa, another cool car
project!", but to my wife it evokes, "I'm not getting in that old car.
It stinks."

Here's a look at the underside of the old upholstery. The rose print
is a nice touch!

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1499.JPG

Just for giggles, I placed the spare tire on carrier.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1500.JPG

And before someone gets offended, yes that is my license plate and I
don't mind who sees it. After all, it IS on the outside of my car as
required by law.

And speaking of issues that offend, I have chosen to install the
'incorrect' sill plates on my TD.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1502.JPG

And just for eye-candy, here's a look at the instrument panel, as received.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/Instrument_before.jpg

And after.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1504.JPG

Fun!

Happy Tuesday,

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive