Subject: [Mg-t] TD oil pump

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:03:36 -0600

Hey Friends,

Have just a moment to type this morning. NOT a car day.

I was concerned when I started my TD that there was no indicated oil
pressure. I only ran it for a 30 seconds or so. This morning I opened
the prime-port on the pump and flooded it with oil until it was full.
I then spun the engine on the starter only to pump oil out onto my
garage floor. I replaced the plug and called it 'good'.

I started the engine and gave the gauge a few raps with the fingers,
like one sees pilots do in the old war movies. Anyway, it worked and
whatever was stuck inside gave way. At fast idle the engine now makes
an indicated 60psi. The carbs are out of balance, as indicated by the
flow meter, so I've got some fun tuning to do.

That said, you might have noticed that I copy my friend Rui Gigante on
most all my notes. Rui lives in Porto, Portugal and besides being a
dear friend, he is a expert British and Italian car restorer. Rui just
had a terrible evening yesterday. Details are unknown about the
accident at this time but the left rear of his Ferrari 328GTS,
including the drivetrain, is severely damaged. Rui is devastated, as
would be any of us if our precious cars are damaged. Fortunately, no
one was hurt - physically - but Rui is hurting plenty bad emotionally
today. Think of him today please, as you tinker tinker in the garage.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive