Subject: [Mg-t] Bodywork to paint

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 09:47:52 -0600

Hi Friends,

I visited the paint shop this morning. They have begun stripping and
grinding away all the old paint, primer and Bondo from my TD's wings.
Here's a look at the metal below the crud.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131116_090035.jpg

The guys are going to clean it all up and apply a rust-killing acid
etch primer. They'll then apply a skim of filler where the surface
rust has eaten deeper than what a high build-up primer should fill.

Here's a look at the front end of the left-front wing where previous
damage has been (kinda) repaired. This is a good example of where the
metal will be fixed and any remaining little 'dimples' will be
infilled.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20131116_085331.jpg

Progress, if slowly. The shop expects the job to be finished by the
middle of next week.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive