Subject: [Mg-t] A little more work on the TD seat

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:59:42 -0600

Hi again Friends,

This afternoon, after posting the seat pictures to the list, I went
back to the garage for a little more work. I wanted to do some work to
prep for tomorrow.

First up, I drilled out the totally-rusted-solid screws and removed
the seat rails. Here's how it looked.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1505.JPG

I then pulled the last of the tacks and staples out, as well as the
t-nuts, and sanded the wood a bit, mostly to clean it.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1506.JPG

I then applied masking tape to the bottom of the T-nut holes, flipped
it over and applied wood filler.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/HPIM1507.JPG

I flipped it over and filled the 3.28125x10^23 tack holes, leaving
everything to dry until tomorrow. I'll then sand again, drill out neat
new holes for new t-nuts and paint it with Wood Hardener.

I cleaned the seat back attachment and its ready for paint.

And before giving up for the day, I cleaned the seat rails on the wire
wheel. They came out nicely but I didn't get any photos. Tomorrow I'll
get a thin coat of aluminum paint on them and mount them back on the
wooden base. The other half of the seat rail assembly is remarkably
clean. A tiny bit of attention on the wheel and a blast of aluminum
paint and the rails will be done! A trip to Ace for new hardware and
the base will be ready to mount. Well, after reupholstering.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive