Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Distributor

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 17:49:26 -0600

It's getting chilly up here in Minnesota too. So cold my 16 year old actually
wore a jacket to basketball practice.

Tomorrow, high of -4F. He may even button the jacket up then.

:-)

I was reading a bunch of the year end car articles. What classics are 25 years
old now so you could possibly import them to the US. The Griffith made the
list.

Five more years and we could get an RV8...

On Dec 30, 2013, at 4:52 PM, Richard Lindsay wrote:

> Hey Gang,
>
> Today I got my TD's distributor back from Len Fanelli. He did a full
> rebuild for me. I haven't yet installed it in the TD's XPAG engine,
> but will do so in the next day, or three (chilly here). Thanks Lenny.
>
> More info when I have it.
>
> -rick
> ______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:20:18 -0600

What a topic, Paul!

I wonder which cars will be the classics of tomorrow - if any. We just
had this discussion over on a Ferrari list. The general opinion is
that the last Ferrari that will be a classic is the 328GTB or 328GTS.
Those are the last cars that have limited electronics in the fuel
injection and ignition. After that, the cars use limited production
unique computers.

Consider this: If your Toyota computer fails, there are original AND
aftermarket parts to repair it. That's because they sell MILLIONS. But
what will one do when one gets in a limited production 360, 458 (or
similar) and presses the 'START' button ... and nothing happens?! You
may just have discovered a really expensive parts car! Say it can't
happen? Try to buy a simple MAF for a 1999 348GTS. Used ones go for
over $600 and new ones are NLA. And the 348 uses TWO of these
expensive little buggers!

Perhaps I'm just old and grumpy but I just think the classic car hobby
is to have only one future outcome: The classics get older and more
costly, without replacements following them. In my discussions with
brokers, the general opinion is to hold on to your classics because
they're going to climb in value. Seven of my nine cars fit this
definition! The other two are daily drivers...

-rick

> It's getting chilly up here in Minnesota too. So cold my 16 year old actually wore a jacket to basketball practice.
>

I didn't grow up in Houston so I understand! The confusion seems to
abound. I like cold weather. I don't like to be cold. Folks here seem
to assume that one is the same as the other. :-P

Happy Monday! I'm now 63 years and one day old!

-rick

[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:49:10 -0600

I think I agree with you on tithe demise of collectible cars. Electronics
are going to end that.

As to weather, when it lived in San Diego, I was cold when it was 50F. Now
when it's  20F I wear a lighter jacket Than I wore in SD.

[email-masked]