Subject: [Mg-t] Starting to mount wings

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 14:31:28 -0500

Hello Friends,

Finished mentoring work today at 11:00am, right on time, so I rocketed home
in the Cayman, changed into proper cloths, and headed to the garage. I
removed three of the panels from the dining room and mounted them on the
tub and frame, with almost all bolts left loose. I did temporarily snug the
bolts between the front wing and the running board. Here's how the little
TD looks now.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20141007_140117.jpg

I plan to attach the bonnet latches and verify a proper fit before
tightening the bolts. Thanks for that tip Bob. I also need to install the
welt between the wings and running board and the tub. Question: Do you guys
stick the welt in place or just depend upon the 'pinch' between the tub and
wings to hold it aligned? Or perhaps, stick it in place with double-stick
tape before tightening?

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive