Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Bonnet latches

From: "John Quilter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:03:20 -0800

And I see that the soon to be launched new Cadillac CT6 is replacing the
conventional interior review mirror with an oblong video screen fed by a
backup camera.    Apparently, the new age engineers consider this a better
solution to the century old mirror.  Source: Automotive News December 22,
2014 page 18.

John F. Quilter
Eugene, Oregon USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Mg-t [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Rick Lindsay
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 6:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Bonnet latches

LOL! Backup cameras are a great idea for spotting kids and pets otherwise
out of view BUT, they are a VERY POOR replacement for mirrors and common
sense!

Thanks for the latch correction.

-rick

<div>-------- Original message --------</div><div>From: [email-masked]
</div><div>Date:12/24/2014  7:48 AM  (GMT-06:00) </div><div>To:
[email-masked] </div><div>Cc: [email-masked]
</div><div>Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Bonnet latches </div><div>
</div>Hi Rick,   The rubber pads face outward, touching the bonnet, just as
you wrote.   The latches install with the bow/curve/ ( -shape    outward,
toward the bonnet also. That moves the opening of the hole a bit closer to
bonnet that if installed the other way.  Attach the latches to the wing
before bolting wing to  car, and not bolting tight. Fit the bonnet, latch
the latches, then snug everything.  What seems like just a little movement
in the wings can make the difference between latches latching and just
missing the openings.    As to the symmetry--certain drivers, more than one
(and not I ) have driven over a small conifer near my driveway several
times.  Each has, in embarrassed confession, noted that he/she (no gender
bias here) had no trouble in the past when backing out in a car using the
mirrors, and that he/she had a perfect view of the little tree in the
back-up camera as it was being flattened. 
Bob
---------- Original Message ----------
From: Rick Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mg-t] Bonnet latches
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 07:13:52 -0600

Hello Friends,B 

I am embarrassed to have to ask this question again - but I will.

When attaching the bonnet latches and bonnet bumpers on the TD's front wing;

1. The bumper pads face outward so that the rubber pad touches the bonnet,
when closed. That one is pretty easy.

2. The latch pieces are installed with the offset toward the engine, right?
So that the latch pulls the bonnet inward and against the pads? Is that
right?

I hate to ask this question of you because I have asked it before ... and
have gotten your answers. Sadly, I just don't remember the answer.

To that end; Have you ever thought about how the binary issues are the
easiest to confuse? That is, the issues with only two outcomes: yes or no,
up or down, offset facing in or out, "Did I turn the coffee pot off, or
not?"

Experts tell us that the confusion is because the human mind is so good a
flipping symetry. Otherwise, we'd have a very hard time using the bathroom
mirror or backing out of the driveway without hitting the trash cans!

Whew! I now don't feel so badly about asking again about latch orientation.
But I would still appreciate your wise council.

-rick, with a TD wing that HAS to come off the dining room table today! "-o
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 14:07:21 -0600

And then there's the powerful Dr. Who quote, "The more sophisticated
the technology, the more susceptible it is to primitive attack."

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM, John Quilter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 15:33:00 -0600

I like to call this a senseless use of technology.

sent from my phone
On Dec 24, 2014 1:57 PM, "John Quilter" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]

[email-masked]