Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Tiny progress

From: Ed Kaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 12:37:35 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7725608082653450089==
 boundary="------------060106000103000502030904"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060106000103000502030904
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Rick, did you have it "boiled" out at say a radiator shop?

Ed

--------------060106000103000502030904
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#330033">
    <font face="Arial">Rick, did you have it "boiled" out at say a
      radiator shop?<br>
      <br>
      Ed<br>
    </font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------060106000103000502030904--

--===============7725608082653450089==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7725608082653450089==--

---

From: Charlie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 20:46:25 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4241725133561132868==
	boundary="----=_Part_14351099_1622717379.1428525985355"

------=_Part_14351099_1622717379.1428525985355
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Rick, 

Attaching it with plastic ties sounds a bit scary since they can break easily. I think that I would have used P-clips. 

Charlie 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Rick Lindsay" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 4:01:53 PM 
Subject: [Mg-t] Tiny progress 

Hi Friends, 

Long time, no type. Given how quiet the list has become, this all-but meaningless post is a contribution, by default. :-P 

Today I installed a new fuel line in my TD. I used 5/16" copper, sourced ftom ACE Hardware. Its now plumbed to the pump, on the firewall/bulkhead, along the frame in the clips that didn't break. Its strapped to the frame crossmembers with plastic ty-wraps, just to minimize vibration. Back at the tank I used the original 3" of pipe from the fitting, joined to the new pipe with a length of rubber fuel hose. That way I didn't have to worry about the fitting. 

Right now, the line isn't connected to the tank. I hope to flush it out again before connecting everything. And that's the end of this boring post. 

-rick 

[email-masked] 

------=_Part_14351099_1622717379.1428525985355
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div>Rick,<br></div><div><br></div><div>Attaching it with plastic ties =
sounds a bit scary since they can break easily.&nbsp; I think that I would =
have used P-clips.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Charlie<br></div><div><br><=
/div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-styl=
e:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-s=
ize:12pt;"><b>From: </b>"Rick Lindsay" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br=
><b>To: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent: </b>Tuesday, April 7, 2015 4:01=
:53 PM<br><b>Subject: </b>[Mg-t] Tiny progress<br><div><br></div>
   =20
<div>Hi Friends,</div><div><br></div><div>Long time, no type. Given how qui=
et the list has become, this all-but meaningless post is a contribution, by=
 default. :-P</div><div><br></div><div>Today I installed a new fuel line in=
 my TD. I used 5/16" copper, sourced ftom ACE Hardware. Its now plumbed to =
the pump, on the firewall/bulkhead, along the frame in the clips that didn'=
t break. Its strapped to the frame crossmembers with plastic ty-wraps, just=
 to minimize vibration. Back at the tank I used the original 3" of pipe fro=
m the fitting, joined to the new pipe with a length of rubber fuel hose. Th=
at way I didn't have to worry about the fitting.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div>=
<div>Right now, the line isn't connected to the tank. I hope to flush it ou=
t again before connecting everything. And that's the end of this boring pos=
t.</div><div><br></div><div>-rick</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><=
br></div><div id=3D"composer_signature"></div><br>_________________________=
_____________________<br><div><br></div>[email-masked]<br>Donate: http=
://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$11.47<br>Ar=
chive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br=
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/mgcharlie@c=
omcast.net<br><div><br></div></div><div><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_14351099_1622717379.1428525985355--

--===============4241725133561132868==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4241725133561132868==--