Subject: [Mg-t] Stall

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:59:11 -0500

--===============2932679311549669111==

--047d7b3a83a6561f60051e3741aa
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Friends,

Has work stalled on your cars, like it has on mine? Or are you just not
stopping work to post? Down here on the south coast (Houston) its just too
hot in the garage to get too excited about twisting spanners! That said,
here's where my TD project sits.

First, I must come clean about another reason work on the TD has stalled: I
ended up with two more cars! One I bought, the other was a gift, of sorts,
after rebuilding a pair of rare and exotic Dellorto carbs for the owner.
Those two cars are the un-dependable Lotus Esprit S2, and the even more
un-dependable Maserati Biturbo E!

Anyway, my TD sits with three of four wings mounted, no interior installed,
but with a beautifully running engine. Lighting is installed on one side,
and connected to the new harness. Windscreen is on, minus the rubber seal
between the screen and the cowell. Restored wiper motor, links and blades
are installed. The motor wire is connected on the motor end. And that's
about it.

I'll get the other two projects out of the garage shortly. They're both
running and driving. We shouldn't have but a few more weeks of 90=C2=B0+
weather, at least in the mornings. I'll then be back working on the car
that's just three years younger than me!

-rick / '53 MG TD, etc.

--047d7b3a83a6561f60051e3741aa
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Hi Friends,</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Has work stalled on your cars, like it has on mine? Or are y=
ou just not stopping work to post? Down here on the south coast (Houston) i=
ts just too hot in the garage to get too excited about twisting spanners! T=
hat said, here&#39;s where my TD project sits.</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">First, I must come clean about another reason work on the TD=
 has stalled: I ended up with two more cars! One I bought, the other was a =
gift, of sorts, after rebuilding a pair of rare and exotic Dellorto carbs f=
or the owner. Those two cars are the un-dependable Lotus Esprit S2, and the=
 even more un-dependable Maserati Biturbo E!</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Anyway, my TD sits with three of four wings mounted, no inte=
rior installed, but with a beautifully running engine. Lighting is installe=
d on one side, and connected to the new harness. Windscreen is on, minus th=
e rubber seal between the screen and the cowell. Restored wiper motor, link=
s and blades are installed. The motor wire is connected on the motor end. A=
nd that&#39;s about it.</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;ll get the other two projects out of the garage shortl=
y. They&#39;re both running and driving. We shouldn&#39;t have but a few mo=
re weeks of 90=C2=B0+ weather, at least in the mornings. I&#39;ll then be b=
ack working on the car that&#39;s just three years younger than me!</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">-rick / &#39;53 MG TD, etc.</p>

--047d7b3a83a6561f60051e3741aa--

--===============2932679311549669111==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2932679311549669111==--