Subject: [Mg-t] Worst selfie EVER!

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 16:45:29 -0500

Hello Friends,

I spent a bit of time today, mounting the metal runners to my TD's
driver-side running board. And as is often the case, they didn't fit,
as delivered. The lengths are right but the drilled holes are wrong.

But before we go further, here is the WORST SELFIE EVER.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20150918_161819.jpg

But seriously, here is the running board with the metal runners
installed. You can see in this picture that the rear-most hole was in
the wrong place. And neither of the inner holes were drilled, but my
drill press solved that problem. Still, the strips now look good and
will be awesome once the rubber is trimmed and installed.

http://aubard.us/MGTD/20150918_161927.jpg

I installed the runners with aluminum Pop-rivets. The Pop-rivet gun
wouldn't fit down into the runner so I had to get creative. I simply
placed a little stand-off spacer over the rivet shank, then put it in
the gun; Easy as that.

-rick
______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive