Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Crank Pulley

From: John Seim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 09:52:37 -0700

--===============7696761539469132743==

--Apple-Mail-3--592794180
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Did it crack along the surface that contacts the seal?
If so, yes, replace the seal.
Crack will act as a fly cutter.

If not, you should be OK.

John Seim
Irvine, CA

On Oct 1, 2015, at 8:14 AM, Gable, Gerry wrote:

> Good day all,
> My crank pulley cracked on my TC.  I purchased a replacement but now =
wonder is I have to replace the seal which would include removing the =
timing cover and possibly the pan.  Any advice is appreciated.
> Thanks
> Gerry
> ______________________________________________
>=20
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail-3--592794180
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><base href=3D"x-msg://52/"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; ">Did it crack along the surface that contacts the =
seal?<div>If so, yes, replace the seal.</div><div>Crack will act as a =
fly cutter.</div><div><br></div><div>If not, you should be =
OK.</div><div><br></div><div>John Seim</div><div>Irvine, =
CA</div><div><br><div><div>On Oct 1, 2015, at 8:14 AM, Gable, Gerry =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple"><div class=3D"WordSection1" =
style=3D"page: WordSection1; "><div style=3D"margin-top: 0in; =
margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; ">Good day =
all,<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0in; margin-right: 0in; =
margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; font-family: =
Calibri, sans-serif; ">My crank pulley cracked on my TC.&nbsp; I =
purchased a replacement but now wonder is I have to replace the seal =
which would include removing the timing cover and possibly the =
pan.&nbsp; Any advice is appreciated.<o:p></o:p></div><div =
style=3D"margin-top: 0in; margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; =
margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif; ">Thanks<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0in; =
margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; =
">Gerry<o:p></o:p></div></div>____________________________________________=
__<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; ">[email-masked]</a><br>Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation =
&nbsp;$11.47<br>Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]"=
 style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/[email-masked]</a><br=
><br></div></span></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-3--592794180--

--===============7696761539469132743==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7696761539469132743==--

---

From: Jonathan Hermance <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 11:00:33 -0600 (MDT)

------=_Part_116638134_222688414.1443718833431
	boundary="----=_Part_116638135_494408726.1443718833431"

------=_Part_116638135_494408726.1443718833431
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Gerry,I would not go to the trouble of replacing the front crankshaft oil seal(s) unless you were losing an excessive amount of oil from your existing front crank shaft seal, or you know your seal was damaged by wear from a crack that extended to the center of the pulley you are replacing.  If you do decide to replace the original style upper and lower front seals, do consider installing a better modern From the Frame Up style GA 125 Oil Seal, or a MOSS 120-750 seal.JonSLC, UT    TC,TD,TF
------=_Part_116638135_494408726.1443718833431
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font=
-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;}</style></head><body><div>Hi Gerry,<br =
data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>I would=
 not go to the trouble of replacing the front crankshaft oil seal(s)&nbsp;u=
nless you were losing an excessive amount of oil from your existing front&n=
bsp;crank shaft seal, or you know&nbsp;your seal was damaged by&nbsp;wear f=
rom&nbsp;a crack that extended&nbsp;to the center of the&nbsp;pulley&nbsp;y=
ou are replacing.&nbsp; If you do decide to replace the&nbsp;original style=
 upper and lower front seals,&nbsp;do consider installing a&nbsp;better mod=
ern From the Frame Up style&nbsp;GA 125 Oil Seal, or a&nbsp;MOSS 120-750 se=
al.<br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>=
Jon<br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>=
SLC, UT&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; TC,TD,TF<br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div></body></h=
tml>
------=_Part_116638135_494408726.1443718833431--

------=_Part_116638134_222688414.1443718833431
Content-Disposition: attachment

From: "Gable, Gerry" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:14:13 +0000
Accept-Language: en-US
	* -0.0 DCC_CHECK_NEGATIVE Not listed in DCC
	*      [sa04 1397; Body=1 Fuz1=1 Fuz2=1]
	* -2.0 RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H4 RBL: Very Good reputation (+4)
	*      [50.198.190.17 listed in wl.mailspike.net]
	* -0.7 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/, low
	*      trust
	*      [50.198.190.17 listed in list.dnswl.org]
	*  1.0 XM_ShortIntro_01 No description available.
	* -0.0 RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL Mailspike good senders
	signal_user_changed: 9 (3.7%), b_tie_ro: 7 (3.1%), parse: 2.5 (1.0%),
	extract_message_metadata: 21 (8.7%), get_uri_detail_list: 1.28 (0.5%),
	tests_pri_-1000: 7 (2.9%), tests_pri_-950: 0.89 (0.4%), tests_pri_-900: 0.91
	(0.4%), tests_pri_-400: 22 (9.0%), check_bayes: 21 (8.5%), b_tokenize: 5
	(2.2%), b_tok_get_all: 4.6 (1.9%), b_comp_prob: 1.99 (0.8%), b_tok_touch_all:
	7 (2.7%), b_finish: 0.78 (0.3%), tests_pri_0: 159 (66.2%), tests_pri_500: 7
	(2.8%), rewrite_mail: 0.00 (0.0%)
Subject: [Mg-t] Crank Pulley

--===============2471320454651377465==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_F0552312647DC949AC4CC9399848964D0100777B47Moeintraecued_"

--_000_F0552312647DC949AC4CC9399848964D0100777B47Moeintraecued_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Good day all,
My crank pulley cracked on my TC.  I purchased a replacement but now wonder=
 is I have to replace the seal which would include removing the timing cove=
r and possibly the pan.  Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Gerry

--_000_F0552312647DC949AC4CC9399848964D0100777B47Moeintraecued_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
//www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Good day all,<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">My crank pulley cracked on my TC.&nbsp; I purchased =
a replacement but now wonder is I have to replace the seal which would incl=
ude removing the timing cover and possibly the pan.&nbsp; Any advice is app=
reciated.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Thanks<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Gerry<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_F0552312647DC949AC4CC9399848964D0100777B47Moeintraecued_--

--===============2471320454651377465==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2471320454651377465==--

------=_Part_116638134_222688414.1443718833431
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_Part_116638134_222688414.1443718833431--