Subject: [Mg-t] TD running board treads

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 08:09:42 -0500

--===============5496435376784114457==

--001a113fb8c08241830521979362

Hi Gang,

The Moss-supplied rubber inserts for my TD's running board treads are not
cut to fit. Rather, they are just strips of rubber. That means they don't
fit the tapered ends of the metal strips. I have found that cutting the
ends to fit results in pretty ugly results.

What have you done to install these treads handsomely?

-rick

--001a113fb8c08241830521979362
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Hi Gang,</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">The Moss-supplied rubber inserts for my TD&#39;s running boa=
rd treads are not cut to fit. Rather, they are just strips of rubber. That =
means they don&#39;t fit the tapered ends of the metal strips. I have found=
 that cutting the ends to fit results in pretty ugly results.</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">What have you done to install these treads handsomely? </p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">-rick</p>

--001a113fb8c08241830521979362--

--===============5496435376784114457==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5496435376784114457==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 16:12:19 GMT

--===============7374188244490247452==

----__JWM__J6c1590b2.14d8e2cfS.6f38e815M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

  I bought both the metal strips and the rubber inserts, though it was j=
ust the rubber I used after polishing the original metal strips.  As you=
rs, the rubber strips were not tapered at the ends to fit. I carved a li=
ttle rubber out from underneath in a V shape, and tapered the very end o=
nly slightly. Rubber fits in securely and has stayed in place for a year=
.Bob

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mg-t] TD running board treads
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 08:09:42 -0500

Hi Gang,
The Moss-supplied rubber inserts for my TD's running board treads are no=
t cut to fit. Rather, they are just strips of rubber. That means they do=
n't fit the tapered ends of the metal strips. I have found that cutting =
the ends to fit results in pretty ugly results.
What have you done to install these treads handsomely?
-rick

----__JWM__J6c1590b2.14d8e2cfS.6f38e815M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div>&nbsp; I bought both the metal strips and the rubber inserts,=
 though it was just the rubber I used after polishing the original metal=
 strips.</div><div>&nbsp; As yours, the rubber strips were not tapered a=
t the ends to fit. I carved a little rubber out from underneath in a V s=
hape, and tapered the very end only slightly. Rubber fits in securely an=
d has stayed in place for a year.</div><div>Bob</div><div><br><br>------=
---- Original Message ----------<br>From: Richard Lindsay &lt;richardoli=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Subject: [Mg-t] TD run=
ning board treads<br>Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 08:09:42 -0500<br><br></p><p =
dir=3D"ltr">Hi Gang,</p><p dir=3D"ltr">The Moss-supplied rubber inserts =
for my TD's running board treads are not cut to fit. Rather, they are ju=
st strips of rubber. That means they don't fit the tapered ends of the m=
etal strips. I have found that cutting the ends to fit results in pretty=
 ugly results.</p><p dir=3D"ltr">What have you done to install these tre=
ads handsomely?</p><p dir=3D"ltr">-rick</p></html>

----__JWM__J6c1590b2.14d8e2cfS.6f38e815M--

--===============7374188244490247452==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7374188244490247452==--