Subject: [Mg-t] Top sticks

From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 16:39:34 -0600

--===============4942204443243099688==

--047d7b3a7d8ee350940529671332

Hello Friends,

I write this afternoon to thank the kind listmembers who helped identify
the bolts needed to secure my TR3's top sticks. They're 1/4-28x1
countersunk head screws. I paid $6 for 25 stainless steel screws at Amazon
Prime. They fit perfectly.

These screws have a large Phillips drive rather than a straight slot head.
If that is no issue and you need a set of four screws, just send me a PM. I
have four more sets. A set is yours for the asking.

Now, to the sticks; Today I carefully cleaned the sticks and washed the
webbing with Dawn. Everything came up nice and clean, including the
webbing. I am going to reuse it, after a little refinishing.

Everything is drying now. Tomorrow morning I will spray everything with
light tan paint. And after adequately dry, I'll mount the refinished sticks
using the new hardware.

Long term plan is to replace the black interior with tan. When I do that I
will paint the screw heads tan. :-P Until then, the black top goes on and
its on to side curtain repairs!

-rick

--047d7b3a7d8ee350940529671332
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Hello Friends,</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">I write this afternoon to thank the kind listmembers who hel=
ped identify the bolts needed to secure my TR3&#39;s top sticks. They&#39;r=
e 1/4-28x1 countersunk head screws. I paid $6 for 25 stainless steel screws=
 at Amazon Prime. They fit perfectly.</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">These screws have a large Phillips drive rather than a strai=
ght slot head. If that is no issue and you need a set of four screws, just =
send me a PM. I have four more sets. A set is yours for the asking.</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Now, to the sticks; Today I carefully cleaned the sticks and=
 washed the webbing with Dawn. Everything came up nice and clean, including=
 the webbing. I am going to reuse it, after a little refinishing. </p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Everything is drying now. Tomorrow morning I will spray ever=
ything with light tan paint. And after adequately dry, I&#39;ll mount the r=
efinished sticks using the new hardware. </p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Long term plan is to replace the black interior with tan. Wh=
en I do that I will paint the screw heads tan. :-P Until then, the black to=
p goes on and its on to side curtain repairs!</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">-rick</p>

--047d7b3a7d8ee350940529671332--

--===============4942204443243099688==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4942204443243099688==--