Subject: Re: [Mg-t] TC start up

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 21:34:29 GMT

--===============4803263129285511316==

----__JWM__J5d41d037.76a8aee9S.753e526M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

   Is power to be found at wire to the pump?   Is pump well earthed?   I=
f power is there, have you tapped the pump with a screwdriver handle?   =
Have you cleaned the pump's contact books?      As for doors, easiest wa=
y is to make a cardboard template of the doors before installing the pan=
els.   If doors are already in place, try snipping heads off a dozen num=
ber four finishing nails to make them about 3/4 inch long.  Prise back t=
he panel, slip a nail into each of the old screw holes, press the panel =
back against the nails. That will mark about where the holes go, and the=
n you have some guidance for drilling. This I have done successfully.   =
Something I have not done, but might be worth a try would be to clamp th=
e hardware to the side curtains, then have someone hold them in place ag=
ainst canvas top, the other curtain, and the windscreen. You, inside the=
 car, might be able to set the hardware against the panels and mark the =
holes for drilling.   Using a small soldering iron's tip to melt a hole =
in vinyl will reduce the tendency of the vinyl to tear when drill goes t=
hrough.Bob =

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Gable, Gerry" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Mg-t] TC start up
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 01:32:49 +0000

Tried to start the TC today.  Cranks gut no gas. check the obvious, but =
still no pumping.  Looking for progression list to follow.  Also looking=
 for a way to locate the holes on the panels (for the side screen and do=
or hardware) in that the panels cover the existing holes and t-nuts.
 Thanks
 Hap   
----__JWM__J5d41d037.76a8aee9S.753e526M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div><br>&nbsp; &nbsp;Is power to be found at wire to the pump?</d=
iv><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;Is pump well earthed?</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;If pow=
er is there, have you tapped the pump with a screwdriver handle?</div><d=
iv>&nbsp; &nbsp;Have you cleaned the pump's contact books?&nbsp;</div><d=
iv>&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;As for doors, easiest way is to m=
ake a cardboard template of the doors before installing the panels.</div=
><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;If doors are already in place, try snipping heads off=
 a dozen number four finishing nails to make them about 3/4 inch long. &=
nbsp;Prise back the panel, slip a nail into each of the old screw holes,=
 press the panel back against the nails. That will mark about where the =
holes go, and then you have some guidance for drilling. This I have done=
 successfully.</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;Something I have not done, but mig=
ht be worth a try would be to clamp the hardware to the side curtains, t=
hen have someone hold them in place against canvas top, the other curtai=
n, and the windscreen. You, inside the car, might be able to set the har=
dware against the panels and mark the holes for drilling.&nbsp;</div><di=
v>&nbsp; Using a small soldering iron's tip to melt a hole in vinyl will=
 reduce the tendency of the vinyl to tear when drill goes through.</div>=
<div>Bob</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div><br>---------- Original Message ----=
------<br>From: "Gable, Gerry" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: "mg-t@autox=
.team.net" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: [Mg-t] TC start up<br=
>Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 01:32:49 +0000<br><br></p><div style=3D"direction=
: ltr; font-family: Tahoma; color: #000000; font-size: 10pt;">Tried to s=
tart the TC today.&nbsp; Cranks gut no gas. check the obvious, but still=
 no pumping.&nbsp; Looking for progression list to follow.&nbsp; Also lo=
oking for a way to locate the holes on the panels (for the side screen a=
nd door hardware) in that the panels cover the existing holes and t-nuts=
.<br> Thanks<br> Hap &nbsp; </div></html>

----__JWM__J5d41d037.76a8aee9S.753e526M--

--===============4803263129285511316==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4803263129285511316==--