Subject: [Mgs] windshield seal installation

From: David Councill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 13:57:11 -0800

Has anyone installed the windshield frame to body seal (AHH7136 or Moss 
282-410) recently? I ordered the seal 1-2 years ago from Moss, and it is 
a URO product. Many attempts later, I have only managed to get the 
initial three inches to stay in the rails, the rest popping out after 
several inches more of seal in place. I have seen youtube videos as well 
as other Internet materials. Some say start in the  middle, some say 
start at the end, some says push/pull the seal through after removing a 
side pillar (which I haven't tried yet). I have tried soap as well as 
wd-40 as a lubricant.

So now I am wondering if it is the seal itself due to the hardness of 
the rubber - which is true. I have to press fairly hard to get the 
initial one side of the "T" in the slot before I press in the opposing 
side. Does anyone know about issues with the URO seal such that I should 
purchase a different seal from McGregors or elsewhere? Or is it still in 
the technique?

David Councill

72 B

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]