Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 198, Issue 9

From: Paul Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 08:43:27 +0000

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0530586606330756592==
 boundary="------------KSnFl6E9T1NI1O6wGZ0JX3TX"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------KSnFl6E9T1NI1O6wGZ0JX3TX
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

If you mean the battery cable terminal, on the early solenoid on the 
inner wing, then that's as good a place as any.   But with the later 
pre-engaged starter the fusebox is easier, and if you connect to the 
purple end of the lower fuse that is a fused connection as well.

But depending on year if you have a lighter socket, and that is live 
with the ignition key in your hand, then a suitable plug for that on 
your charger lead is easier still.

PaulH.

On 30/11/2023 19:53, Eric Russell wrote:
> >  Is there any problem with connecting a trickle/conditioning charger 
> directly to the starter switch input lug,
>
> No problem. That is what I do.
>
> EjR
>
>
--------------KSnFl6E9T1NI1O6wGZ0JX3TX
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>If you mean the battery cable terminal, on the early solenoid on
      the inner wing, then that's as good a place as any.   But with the
      later pre-engaged starter the fusebox is easier, and if you
      connect to the purple end of the lower fuse that is a fused
      connection as well.</p>
    <p>But depending on year if you have a lighter socket, and that is
      live with the ignition key in your hand, then a suitable plug for
      that on your charger lead is easier still.</p>
    <p>PaulH.<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 30/11/2023 19:53, Eric Russell
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style=""><font size="4">&gt;  Is
            there any problem with connecting a trickle/conditioning
            charger directly to the starter switch input lug, </font></div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style=""><font size="4"><br>
          </font></div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style=""><font size="4">No problem.
            That is what I do.</font></div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style=""><font size="4"><br>
          </font></div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style=""><font size="4">EjR </font></div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------KSnFl6E9T1NI1O6wGZ0JX3TX--

--===============0530586606330756592==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============0530586606330756592==--