Subject: [Mgs] Distributor woes

From: Simon Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2025 17:58:37 -0500

I have already asked on a forum, but I thought that I would reach out
on the mailing list also.

I am struggling to insert the screw that holds the capacitor down in
the distributor. There is a black wire hanging that I believe also
needs to be fastened down with the same screw. I am replacing the
capacitor because of poor running.

The screw in my distributor has a cross-head pattern. Barney shows
this screw and the one that holds down the contact points as the same
screw type (2BA), but Moss shows only one screw and it has a slotted
head. It is also considerably longer than the screw I am dealing with
(see photos in
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iNTC9auUAdve94G1A ). The screw that I have
looks similar to the one in this video:
https://youtu.be/9x51poyZLa8?t=1271

The screw that I have doesn't have a good head -- the cross is a bit
mangled. Has anyone got any suggestions on:
1. Is this the correct screw?
2. Is it correct that the screw holds down both the black wire and the
capacitor?
3. Are there any tricks to getting the screw into place, without
removing the distributor?

Many thanks,
Simon
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]