Subject: [Morgans] New Morgan Owner

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 09:32:07 -0500

Hello Morgan List,
 
This is my first post since signing up to this list, just bought my first
Morgan.  It is a project that looks to have been passed down through the
last three prior owners is its current state.  Some things done
(engine&front end) some things not (everything else).  It is a 1967 4/4
chassis #B1459, it has a Ford X-Flow engine in it that I doubt was original
to the car(but the PO said it is), but I understand that it was used in 4/4s
from 1968 on.
 
Really going to need help identifying parts as I did not disassemble and the
concept of bag&tag was not in the thoughts of the POs.  Where are the best
on-line resources for catalogs & restoration manuals?  The car came with an
Autobook Workshop Manual, but after that I am on my own.  
 
Are there other identifying marks I can looks for, it has a transmission but
I have no idea as to what it is.  I looked on the web site Morganville and
see that there is a competition version of this car, but no explanation as
to how to ID the difference.
 
Too many questions, never enough answers.  I also have a TR3, so I am
somewhat familiar with the task at hand.
 
Many thanks,
Bill B
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive