Subject: Re: [Morgans] [mogtalk2] The Future of Mogtalk

From: "wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 15:00:32 -0500

Has anyone enquired about merging MogTalk with the US based TeamNet, I am not
sure exactly of the URL but I send emails to [email-masked]
car groups, I am member with Triumph, MG-T and Healey groups.  We usually kick
in $10-$25USD a year to help him pay the bills, his requested donation was $1
per 100cc displacement of your vehicle.

Just a thought,
Bill B

From: William Noble [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 2:50 PM
To: mogtalk2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: [mogtalk2] The Future of Mogtalk

Mogtalk was started some 13 years ago when an earlier Morgan discussion group
run by a club member was shut down.  Since 2004 it has been hosted on Listbox
and although as it says of the club website "Although you can join Mogtalk
from the MSCC Website it is open to members and non-members alike. It is not
an official mouthpiece of MSCC Ltd and views posted are the individual views
of those contributing and are not intended to be the views of MSCC Ltdb MSCC
has picked up the bill for the hosting costs since that time.

I have been advised that when MSCCbs new website is launched sometime next
year it will have its own forum and they will no longer pay for Mogtalk.  The
last invoice from Listbox was on the 19th September and for the previous 12
months the cost was B#260.  I am not privy as to the format that the proposed
forum will take but I would hazard a guess that it will be members only and as
per the TVR Club will be web based.

We therefore appear to have 3 options open to us:

1. We can say itbs had a good run and after 13 years maybe we should just
close it down and let Mogtalk members join other forums.

2. We can try and raise B#260 a year by other means and keep Mogtalk going on
Listbox.  The disadvantage to this, apart from certain individuals having to
pay, is that the link to join Mogtalk from the MSCC website will disappear so
it will be difficult for Mogtalk to pick up any new members.

3. Mogtalk is already on Google Groups
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mogtalk> but is used as an archive
only.  (you wonbt be able to look at it unless you sign up)  We could
therefore move Mogtalk permanently to Google Groups.  It would mean, of
course, Mogtalk members having to join Mogtalk on Google Groups.  105 members
already have!  The big advantage of this move is that it is free and Google
Groups are searchable.

So there you have it folks.  Let me have your thoughts and suggestions.

Bill

View posts on Google Groups https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mogtalk

 <https://www.listbox.com/member/?member_id=24676988&id_secret=24676988-d3b1e
dda> Modify Your Subscription
 <http://www.listbox.com>

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of ~WRD000.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive