Subject: [Morgans] Seat back pattern

From: "wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 13:14:51 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4527179450659933728==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D46552.39C36F60"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D46552.39C36F60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

OK, I'll contribute to the list with my current challenge, a 1954 Plus Four.
Re-building a basket case without benefit of being the one that disassembled
it.  Car has no interior at all, making the seat bases is no problem but I
am trying to re-construct the seat back, have been working on making a
pattern via the cut-n-fit-n-cutsomemore method but not real sure just how
the back rides on the side sills and sits against the chassis cross member
for bracing.  Somewhere on the web, not GoMog, I found a good tutorial with
pictures of the way the back board was configured to accept the foam to give
the proper contours, but now I cannot find it.    

Any help would be appreciated, Derek Wilburn has been most helpful so far
but I hate to keep bothering at every turn.   As I go I find there are many
ways to get the job done, but would like to put this rare car back like it
was built, as closely as I can.

Cheers,

Bill B

 

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D46552.39C36F60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>OK, I&#8217;ll contribute to the list with my current challenge, a 1954 =
Plus Four.&nbsp; Re-building a basket case without benefit of being the =
one that disassembled it.&nbsp; Car has no interior at all, making the =
seat bases is no problem but I am trying to re-construct the seat back, =
have been working on making a pattern via the cut-n-fit-n-cutsomemore =
method but not real sure just how the back rides on the side sills and =
sits against the chassis cross member for bracing.&nbsp; Somewhere on =
the web, not GoMog, I found a good tutorial with pictures of the way the =
back board was configured to accept the foam to give the proper =
contours, but now I cannot find it.&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Any help would be appreciated, Derek Wilburn has been most helpful so =
far but I hate to keep bothering at every turn.&nbsp; &nbsp;As I go I =
find there are many ways to get the job done, but would like to put this =
rare car back like it was built, as closely as I =
can.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Cheers,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Bill B<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
> <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D46552.39C36F60--

--===============4527179450659933728==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4527179450659933728==--