Subject: Re: [Morgans] Rear brakes stuck

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 13:54:47 -0600

Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.  I used a 4lb soft-blow hammer around the drum and got to where we could GENTLY pry it off with a couple of flat bars, or long tommy bars. 

Please be careful, a steel hammer or prying vigorously could break the drum. 

Bill B

Sent from my Handspring Treo

On Nov 24, 2018, at 12:34 PM, John T. Blair <[email-masked]> wrote:

Well, I went over to my dad last week to try and move my Morgan, no luck.
The rear drum brakes are frozen.  So now come the question how to get
them unstuck with miminual damage?

I have wire wheels, so I can't put a bar across a couple of the studs and try
standing on the bar.

I did a google search for this, and that was what a lot of people did, and the
other thing was to beat on the drum with a hammer.  I may try that and
hopefully not damage the drums.

I had a couple of friends over and the 3 of us tried to pull the car backwards
and the wheels just slid on the garage concrete floor.

I'm up for any suggestions.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

         48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
    75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                      65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

>From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
    e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
    In God We Trust
    Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                 oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 16:38:34 -0500

--===============1626014424782249354==
	boundary="=====================_27283186==.ALT"

--=====================_27283186==.ALT

At 02:54 PM 11/24/2018, Bill B wrote:

 >Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.  I used a 4lb soft-blow hammer
 >around the drum and got to where we could GENTLY pry it off with a couple of
 >flat bars, or long tommy bars.

 >Please be careful, a steel hammer or prying vigorously could break the drum.

Bill,

Thanks.  Yes I'll be careful.  My problem is NOT getting the drums 
off, it's getting
the wheels to turn so I can drive it or get it on a tow truck and 
have it moved to
my place. :)

John

---

--=====================_27283186==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<font size=3>At 02:54 PM 11/24/2018, Bill B wrote:<br><br>
&gt;Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.&nbsp; I used a 4lb
soft-blow hammer<br>
&gt;around the drum and got to where we could GENTLY pry it off with a
couple of <br>
&gt;flat bars, or long tommy bars. <br><br>
&gt;Please be careful, a steel hammer or prying vigorously could break
the drum. <br><br>
Bill,<br><br>
Thanks.&nbsp; Yes I'll be careful.&nbsp; My problem is NOT getting the
drums off, it's getting<br>
the wheels to turn so I can drive it or get it on a tow truck and have it
moved to<br>
my place. :)<br><br>
John<br><br>
</font><div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2">
<br /><br />
<hr style='border:none; color:#909090; background-color:#B0B0B0; height: 1px; width: 99%;' />
<table style='border-collapse:collapse;border:none;'>
	<tr>
		<td style='border:none;padding:0px 15px 0px 8px'>
			<a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus">
				<img border=0 src="https://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png" alt="Avast logo" />
			</a>
		</td>
		<td>
			<p style='color:#3d4d5a; font-family:"Calibri","Verdana","Arial","Helvetica"; font-size:12pt;'>
				This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
				<br><a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus">www.avast.com</a>
			</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
<br />
<a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
<br>
<div>John T. Blair&nbsp; WA4OHZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; email:&nbsp;
[email-masked]</div>
<div>Va. Beach,
Va&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Phone:&nbsp; (757) 495-8229</div>
<br>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48
TR1800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48 #4 Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Morgan 4/4
Series V (B1106)</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
77 Spitfire&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 Saab Sonett III</div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
65 Rambler Classic</div>
<br>
<div>Morgan:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.team.net/morgan" EUDORA=AUTOURL>
www.team.net/morgan</a></div>
<div>Bricklin:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.bricklin.org/" EUDORA=AUTOURL>www.bricklin.org</a>
</div>
<br>
<div>If you can read
this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
- Thank a teacher!</div>
<div>If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!</div>
<br>
<div> From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e pluribus Unum, &quot;from many,
one.&quot;</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In God We Trust</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Liberty - the&nbsp; power&nbsp; of&nbsp;
choosing,&nbsp; thinking,&nbsp; and&nbsp; acting&nbsp; for&nbsp; </div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
oneself; freedom&nbsp; from&nbsp; control&nbsp; or&nbsp;
restriction&nbsp; </div>
<br>
<br>
</html>

--=====================_27283186==.ALT--

--===============1626014424782249354==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1626014424782249354==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 16:40:53 -0600

--===============8852521768275992975==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-D0B9075B-9960-4879-A2CB-9A3D23190C52
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-D0B9075B-9960-4879-A2CB-9A3D23190C52
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Same process, got to get them loose enough to turn or remove.   I would say t=
hat wheel cylinder rebuilds are in your future.=20
Bill B

On Nov 24, 2018, at 3:38 PM, John T. Blair <[email-masked]> wrote:

At 02:54 PM 11/24/2018, Bill B wrote:

>Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.  I used a 4lb soft-blow hamme=
r
>around the drum and got to where we could GENTLY pry it off with a couple o=
f=20
>flat bars, or long tommy bars.=20

>Please be careful, a steel hammer or prying vigorously could break the drum=
.=20

Bill,

Thanks.  Yes I'll be careful.  My problem is NOT getting the drums off, it's=
 getting
the wheels to turn so I can drive it or get it on a tow truck and have it mo=
ved to
my place. :)

John

  			 		=09
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.=20
www.avast.com

=46rom Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
     e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
     In God We Trust
     Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for=20
                  oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction=20

[email-masked]

sh.net

--Apple-Mail-D0B9075B-9960-4879-A2CB-9A3D23190C52
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto">Same process, got to get them loose enough to turn or remove. &nbsp; I would say that wheel cylinder rebuilds are in your future.&nbsp;<div>Bill B<br><br><div id="AppleMailSignature" dir="ltr"><span style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">Sent from my Handspring Treo</span></div><div dir="ltr"><br>On Nov 24, 2018, at 3:38 PM, John T. Blair &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div dir="ltr">

<font size="3">At 02:54 PM 11/24/2018, Bill B wrote:<br><br>
&gt;Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.&nbsp; I used a 4lb
soft-blow hammer<br>
&gt;around the drum and got to where we could GENTLY pry it off with a
couple of <br>
&gt;flat bars, or long tommy bars. <br><br>
&gt;Please be careful, a steel hammer or prying vigorously could break
the drum. <br><br>
Bill,<br><br>
Thanks.&nbsp; Yes I'll be careful.&nbsp; My problem is NOT getting the
drums off, it's getting<br>
the wheels to turn so I can drive it or get it on a tow truck and have it
moved to<br>
my place. :)<br><br>
John<br><br>
</font><div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2">
<br><br>
<hr style="border:none; color:#909090; background-color:#B0B0B0; height: 1px; width: 99%;">
<table style="border-collapse:collapse;border:none;">
	<tbody><tr>
		<td style="border:none;padding:0px 15px 0px 8px">
			<a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus">
				<img border="0" src="https://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png" alt="Avast logo">
			</a>
		</td>
		<td>
			<p style="color:#3d4d5a; font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;Verdana&quot;,&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;Helvetica&quot;; font-size:12pt;">
				This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
				<br><a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus">www.avast.com</a>
			</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</tbody></table>
<br>
<a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div>
<br>
<div>John T. Blair&nbsp; WA4OHZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; email:&nbsp;
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></div>
<div>Va. Beach,
Va&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Phone:&nbsp; (757) 495-8229</div>
<br>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48
TR1800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48 #4 Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Morgan 4/4
Series V (B1106)</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
77 Spitfire&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 Saab Sonett III</div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
65 Rambler Classic</div>
<br>
<div>Morgan:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.team.net/morgan" eudora="AUTOURL">
www.team.net/morgan</a></div>
<div>Bricklin:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.bricklin.org/" eudora="AUTOURL">www.bricklin.org</a>
</div>
<br>
<div>If you can read
this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
- Thank a teacher!</div>
<div>If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!</div>
<br>
<div> From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e pluribus Unum, "from many,
one."</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In God We Trust</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Liberty - the&nbsp; power&nbsp; of&nbsp;
choosing,&nbsp; thinking,&nbsp; and&nbsp; acting&nbsp; for&nbsp; </div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
oneself; freedom&nbsp; from&nbsp; control&nbsp; or&nbsp;
restriction&nbsp; </div>
<br>
<br>

</div><div dir="ltr"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span></span><br><span><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$11.47</span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/morgans/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/morgans/[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br></div></div></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-D0B9075B-9960-4879-A2CB-9A3D23190C52--

--===============8852521768275992975==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8852521768275992975==--

---

From: Charles Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 17:29:41 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0493364943820854670==
 boundary="------------D50B11D8A9C8B4D95488B290"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------D50B11D8A9C8B4D95488B290
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I had the same problem on my first Morgan.�� It was in storage for 3 
years while I was overseas in the service.� It was left with the parking 
brake on!� When I tried to get it out of storage, the shoes were rusted 
to the drums.�� If yours is anything like mine was,� about the best you 
will be able to do is drag the car on to a flatbed tow to get it to a 
repair facility.�� Since then, I never leave a car with the parking 
brake on for an extended period.

Charles Hill

On 11/24/2018 3:38 PM, John T. Blair wrote:
> >Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.� I used a 4lb soft-blow 
> hammer
> Thanks.� Yes I'll be careful.� My problem is NOT getting the drums 
> off, it's getting
> the wheels to turn so I can drive it or get it on a tow truck and have 
> it moved to
> my place. :)
>
> John
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Avast logo <https://www.avast.com/antivirus> 	
>
> www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>
>
>
> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>
> John T. Blair� WA4OHZ���� email: [email-masked]
> Va. Beach, Va Phone:� (757) 495-8229
>
> ��������� 48 TR1800��� 48 #4 Midget��� 65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
> ���� 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887) 77 Spitfire��� 71 Saab Sonett III
> 65 Rambler Classic
>
> Morgan: www.team.net/morgan <http://www.team.net/morgan>
> Bricklin: www.bricklin.org <http://www.bricklin.org/>
>
> ���� e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
> ���� In God We Trust
> ���� Liberty - the� power� of choosing,� thinking,� and� acting� for
> oneself; freedom� from� control� or restriction
>
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/morgans/[email-masked]
>

--------------D50B11D8A9C8B4D95488B290
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">I had the same problem on my first
      Morgan.�� It was in storage for 3 years while I was overseas in
      the service.� It was left with the parking brake on!� When I tried
      to get it out of storage, the shoes were rusted to the drums.�� If
      yours is anything like mine was,� about the best you will be able
      to do is drag the car on to a flatbed tow to get it to a repair
      facility.�� Since then, I never leave a car with the parking brake
      on for an extended period.<br>
      <br>
      Charles Hill<br>
      <br>
      On 11/24/2018 3:38 PM, John T. Blair wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <font size="3">At 02:54 PM 11/24/2018, Bill B wrote:<br>
        <br>
        &gt;Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.� I used a 4lb
        soft-blow hammer<br>
        &gt;around the drum and got to where we could GENTLY pry it off
        with a
        couple of <br>
        &gt;flat bars, or long tommy bars. <br>
        <br>
        &gt;Please be careful, a steel hammer or prying vigorously could
        break
        the drum. <br>
        <br>
        Bill,<br>
        <br>
        Thanks.� Yes I'll be careful.� My problem is NOT getting the
        drums off, it's getting<br>
        the wheels to turn so I can drive it or get it on a tow truck
        and have it
        moved to<br>
        my place. :)<br>
        <br>
        John<br>
        <br>
      </font>
      <div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2">
        <br>
        <br>
        <hr style="border:none; color:#909090; background-color:#B0B0B0;
          height: 1px; width: 99%;">
        <table style="border-collapse:collapse;border:none;">
          <tbody>
            <tr>
              <td style="border:none;padding:0px 15px 0px 8px"> <a
                  href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus"
                  moz-do-not-send="true"> <img
                    src="https://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png"
                    alt="Avast logo" moz-do-not-send="true" border="0">
                </a> </td>
              <td>
                <p style="color:#3d4d5a;
font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;Verdana&quot;,&quot;Arial&quot;,&quot;Helvetica&quot;;
                  font-size:12pt;"> This email has been checked for
                  viruses by Avast antivirus software. <br>
                  <a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">www.avast.com</a> </p>
              </td>
            </tr>
          </tbody>
        </table>
        <br>
        <a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1"
          height="1" moz-do-not-send="true"> </a></div>
      <br>
      <div>John T. Blair� WA4OHZ���� email:�
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></div>
      <div>Va. Beach,
        Va�����������������
        Phone:� (757) 495-8229</div>
      <br>
      <div>��������� 48
        TR1800��� 48 #4 Midget��� 65 Morgan 4/4
        Series V (B1106)</div>
      <div>���� 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)���
        77 Spitfire��� 71 Saab Sonett III</div>
      <div>
        ����������������������
        65 Rambler Classic</div>
      <br>
      <div>Morgan:���
        <a href="http://www.team.net/morgan" eudora="AUTOURL"
          moz-do-not-send="true">
          www.team.net/morgan</a></div>
      <div>Bricklin:����
        <a href="http://www.bricklin.org/" eudora="AUTOURL"
          moz-do-not-send="true">www.bricklin.org</a>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div>If you can read
        this������������
        - Thank a teacher!</div>
      <div>If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!</div>
      <br>
      <div> From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:</div>
      <div>���� e pluribus Unum, "from many,
        one."</div>
      <div>���� In God We Trust</div>
      <div>���� Liberty - the� power� of�
        choosing,� thinking,� and� acting� for� </div>
      <div>
        �����������������
        oneself; freedom� from� control� or�
        restriction� </div>
      <br>
      <br>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------D50B11D8A9C8B4D95488B290--

--===============0493364943820854670==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0493364943820854670==--

---

From: "William Lyons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 10:34:20 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7426108476731213959==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_08BA_01D484AA.6DB03C00"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_08BA_01D484AA.6DB03C00
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Have you tried backing off the adjustment screws?

=20

From: Morgans [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2018 5:41 PM
To: John T. Blair <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Morgans] Rear brakes stuck

=20

Same process, got to get them loose enough to turn or remove.   I would =
say that wheel cylinder rebuilds are in your future.=20

Bill B

On Nov 24, 2018, at 3:38 PM, John T. Blair <[email-masked] =

At 02:54 PM 11/24/2018, Bill B wrote:

>Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.  I used a 4lb soft-blow =
hammer
>around the drum and got to where we could GENTLY pry it off with a =
couple of=20

>Please be careful, a steel hammer or prying vigorously could break the =
drum.=20

Bill,

Thanks.  Yes I'll be careful.  My problem is NOT getting the drums off, =
it's getting
the wheels to turn so I can drive it or get it on a tow truck and have =
it moved to
my place. :)

John

=20

  _____ =20

 <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>=20

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.=20
www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/antivirus> =20

=20

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked] =

=20

                       65 Rambler Classic

=20

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan <http://www.team.net/morgan>=20

Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org <http://www.bricklin.org/> =20

=20

=20

     In God We Trust

     Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for =20

                  oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction =20

=20

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/morgans/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_08BA_01D484AA.6DB03C00
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Have you tried backing off the adjustment =
screws?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Morgans [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, November 24, 2018 5:41 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> John T. Blair &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Morgans] Rear brakes =
stuck<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Same =
process, got to get them loose enough to turn or remove. &nbsp; I would =
say that wheel cylinder rebuilds are in your =
future.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Bill B<o:p></o:p></p><div =
id=3DAppleMailSignature><p class=3DMsoNormal>Sent from my Handspring =
Treo<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>On Nov 24, 2018, at 3:38 PM, John T. =
Blair &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>At 02:54 PM 11/24/2018, Bill B =
wrote:<br><br>&gt;Had the same problem with friends BN1 Healey.&nbsp; I =
used a 4lb soft-blow hammer<br>&gt;around the drum and got to where we =
could GENTLY pry it off with a couple of <br>&gt;flat bars, or long =
tommy bars. <br><br>&gt;Please be careful, a steel hammer or prying =
vigorously could break the drum. <br><br>Bill,<br><br>Thanks.&nbsp; Yes =
I'll be careful.&nbsp; My problem is NOT getting the drums off, it's =
getting<br>the wheels to turn so I can drive it or get it on a tow truck =
and have it moved to<br>my place. :)<br><br>John<o:p></o:p></p><div =
id=3DDAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div =
class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter style=3D'text-align:center'><hr =
size=3D2 width=3D"99%" noshade style=3D'color:#909090' =
align=3Dcenter></div><table class=3DMsoNormalTable border=3D0 =
cellspacing=3D0 cellpadding=3D0 =
style=3D'border-collapse:collapse'><tr><td style=3D'padding:0in 11.25pt =
0in 6.0pt'><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://www.avast.com/antivirus"><span =
style=3D'text-decoration:none'><img border=3D0 id=3D"_x0000_i1026" =
src=3D"https://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png" =
alt=3D"Avast logo"></span></a><o:p></o:p></p></td><td =
style=3D'padding:.75pt .75pt .75pt .75pt'><p><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#3D4D5A'>This email has =
been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. <br><a =
href=3D"https://www.avast.com/antivirus">www.avast.com</a> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p></td></tr></table><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>John T. =
Blair&nbsp; WA4OHZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; email:&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p><=
/div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Va. Beach, =
Va&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Phone:&nbsp; (757) =
495-8229<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
48 TR1800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48 #4 Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Morgan 4/4 =
Series V (B1106)<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 75 Bricklin SV1 =
(#0887)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 77 Spitfire&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 Saab Sonett =
III<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp; 65 Rambler Classic<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Morgan:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/morgan">www.team.net/morgan</a><o:p></o:p></p=
></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Bricklin:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://www.bricklin.org/">www.bricklin.org</a> =
<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If you can read =
this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp; - Thank a teacher!<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>If =
you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>From =
Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e pluribus Unum, &quot;from =
many, one.&quot;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In God We =
Trust<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Liberty - the&nbsp; =
power&nbsp; of&nbsp; choosing,&nbsp; thinking,&nbsp; and&nbsp; =
acting&nbsp; for&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; oneself; freedom&nbsp; =
from&nbsp; control&nbsp; or&nbsp; restriction&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Dona=
te: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$11.47<br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/morgans/[email-masked]">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/morgans/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o=
:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_08BA_01D484AA.6DB03C00--

--===============7426108476731213959==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7426108476731213959==--

---

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 20:23:13 -0500

--===============0310634637872650122==
	boundary="=====================_40729645==.ALT"

--=====================_40729645==.ALT

 >Have you tried backing off the adjustment screws?

William,

No not yet.  I haven't been back over to work on the car since I discovered the
problem.  The kids came home for Thanksgiving, so spent the time with 
the family.  We'll see how the weather is this next week or so.

John

---

--=====================_40729645==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<font size=3>At 10:34 AM 11/25/2018, William Lyons wrote:<br><br>
&gt;Have you tried backing off the adjustment screws?<br><br>
William,<br><br>
No not yet.&nbsp; I haven't been back over to work on the car since I
discovered the<br>
problem.&nbsp; The kids came home for Thanksgiving, so spent the time
with the family.&nbsp; We'll see how the weather is this next week or
so.<br><br>
John<br><br>

--=====================_40729645==.ALT--

--===============0310634637872650122==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0310634637872650122==--