Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] USB powered dash camera?

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2026 04:06:37 +0000

--===============4875958094260203835==
 boundary="--_NmP-c6ad03f35bfb15d5-Part_1"

----_NmP-c6ad03f35bfb15d5-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have this one in my car:
https://www.amazon.com/ROVE-R2-4K-DUAL-STARVIS-Included/dp/B0D6J5B98H/
It has dual cameras so you can see front and rear views.  Rove also has a =
hard wire kit that provides continuous power for impact recording. =20

After several other models over the last decade, I decided for higher =
resolution and the rear camera.  It was very helpful as evidence when an =
e-bike ran a red light and into the side of the car in front of me.  The =
rear cam showed him jumping up right away as I was looking for a place to =
pull over.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: James Juhas <[email-masked]>
Sent: Jun 29, 2026 9:05 PM
To: Shop Talk List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Shop-talk] USB powered dash camera?

              My wife's Mazda 3 does not have a traditional 12v power      =
port/cigar lighter but does have powered USB jacks. Does anyone      know =
of a dash camera brand and model that is powered from a 5v      USB port?=
=20
    Shop content: if I can find one I don't have to re-wire the car      in=
 my shop.
    Jim
    --=20
     =20
 =20

----_NmP-c6ad03f35bfb15d5-Part_1
 boundary="--_NmP-c6ad03f35bfb15d5-Part_3"

----_NmP-c6ad03f35bfb15d5-Part_3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div style=3D"color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12p=
t"><p style=3D"line-height: 1;">I have this one in my car:</p><p =
style=3D"line-height: 1;"><a href=3D"https://www.amazon.=
com/ROVE-R2-4K-DUAL-STARVIS-Included/dp/B0D6J5B98H/">https://www.amazon.=
com/ROVE-R2-4K-DUAL-STARVIS-Included/dp/B0D6J5B98H/</a></p><p =
style=3D"line-height: 1;">It has dual cameras so you can see front and rear=
 views.&nbsp; Rove also has a hard wire kit that provides continuous power =
for impact recording.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p><p style=3D"line-height: =
1;"><br></p><p style=3D"line-height: 1;">After several other models over =
the last decade, I decided for higher resolution and the rear camera.&nbsp;=
 It was very helpful as evidence when an e-bike ran a red light and into =
the side of the car in front of me.&nbsp; The rear cam showed him jumping =
up right away as I was looking for a place to pull over.</p><p =
style=3D"line-height: 1;"><br></p><p style=3D"line-height: 1;">Brian</p><p =
style=3D"line-height: 1;"><br></p><p style=3D"line-height: =
1;"></p><br></div><div class=3D"elnk-inline-message-container" =
style=3D"border-left:1px solid #aaa;box-sizing:border-box;padding:10px 0 =
10px 15px;margin:0"><p style=3D"line-height: 1;">-----Original =
Message-----<br>From: James Juhas &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Sent: =
Jun 29, 2026 9:05 PM<br>To: Shop Talk List &lt;[email-masked].=
net&gt;<br>Subject: [Shop-talk] USB powered dash camera?</p><p =
style=3D"margin: 0; padding: 0; line-height: 1.5;"><br></p>

 =20

    <meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3DUTF-8">
 =20
 =20
    <p style=3D"line-height: 1;">My wife's Mazda 3 does not have a =
traditional 12v power
      port/cigar lighter but does have powered USB jacks. Does anyone
      know of a dash camera brand and model that is powered from a 5v
      USB port?&nbsp;</p>
    <p style=3D"line-height: 1;">Shop content: if I can find one I don't =
have to re-wire the car
      in my shop.</p>
    <p style=3D"line-height: 1;">Jim</p>
    <div class=3D"moz-signature">-- <br>
      <img src=3D"cid:cb84a026-13c5-4997-a546-35e8d4367017" =
border=3D"0"></div>
 =20
</div>
----_NmP-c6ad03f35bfb15d5-Part_3
Content-ID: <cb84a026-13c5-4997-a546-35e8d4367017>
Content-Disposition: inline; filename=image.png
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_NmP-c6ad03f35bfb15d5-Part_3--

----_NmP-c6ad03f35bfb15d5-Part_1--

--===============4875958094260203835==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============4875958094260203835==--