Subject: [Tigers] Chrysler Fender Pentastar followup

From: David or Gary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 23:19:48 GMT FILETIME=[40B3D620:01CE24F8]

I did more research on the Sunbeam/Chrysler Pentastar. I asked on a
couple Chrysler/Plymouth Forums when Chrysler went from the all metal
Pentastar to the plastic version with the gold anodized metal insert,
unfortunately I received no replies, so they weren't helpful. Did
receive a couple of e-mails from Tiger list members stating their cars
had plastic with the metal insert emblems on their cars. Not a big
sample, but so far, it looks like Tigers had this emblem rather than the
all metal emblem.
--
In my parts I found two different plastic with metal insert emblems.
Left - black lines on star, Middle - white lines on star, Right - emblem
fell off.
--
Front

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1283/13544377/24318096/405941929.jpg
--
Rear

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1283/13544377/24318096/405941930.jpg
--
Also ran across information (see below) on the Pentastar history, list
members might find interesting.
------------------
1963 Chrysler Pentastar Fender Location Service Bulletin
 http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/pentastar-fender-location.html
-------------------
Chrysler's Pentastar "history of the logo"  (scan down the page).
 http://www.allpar.com/corporate/pentastar.html
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]