Subject: Re: [Tigers] Reversing lamp wiring

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 07:04:09 -0800 (PST)

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 07:35:36 -0800

[email-masked]

---

From: Tony Lang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:38:19 -0800 (PST)

IF anyone on what I call 'The List" has any idea why Doc Mayfs post are
showing up blank, please post the solution OR at minimum let him know, as it
not only aggervates me when I cant read his thoughts or questions on a
subject, I know it has him upset  too. You would be as well. Thanks in advance
for anyone who might help him  and our group. Regards!

Tony Lang (TtT)
From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked] 
>Sent:
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:35 AM
>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Reversing lamp wiring
>
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:42:40 -0800

Not sure if it is the reason, but Mayf should check and make sure the 
postings are sending as Plain Text. At least in the past it was a 
requirement.
Tom

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tony Lang" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Reversing lamp wiring

[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:18:23 -0700

His email program is sending out poorly formatted HTML.  The HTML to 
text filter
is confused and can't process it.

mjb.

[email-masked]

---

From: "Scattt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:13:18 -0500

The lights on the Mk-II are mounted 3-5/8 inches down from the horizonital 
surface of the rear valance. They are 21-3/4 inches from each other. The 
Mk-II has a green wire origionating at the fuse block for power. I guess you 
could pick up power from the fuel pump wire although you could also take it 
from the red tail light wire. It would only work when the lights are on 
then. The wires to the switch feed behind the drivers seat and through the 
rear bulkhead on the left side of the console. There should be an existing 
hole plug in that location. The wire feeds forward through the Alpine 
exhaust hole to the switch. On the Mk-II there are tabs to secure the wires 
like the tabs on the fuel/brake lines. Hope this helps.
Nick
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 11:27 PM
Subject: [Tigers] Reversing lamp wiring

>I am planning to install reversing lamps when the motor and trans are 
>re-installed in my Mark IA. My shifter is a Hurst competition plus and I 
>have the Hurst switch made for it that triggers the lights when reverse is 
>engaged.
>
> I seem to remember from somewhere that the factory wiring harness may have 
> wires already in it for such lamps. If so, where do I access the power to 
> the switch and route it back to the bundle to get to the lights?
>
> If there are not wires currently in the harness, where do people pick up 
> the power and how do they route it to the lamps? One possibility that 
> occurs to me is to tap into the line that feeds the fuel pump.
>
> Any information on exactly where they should be located on the rear 
> valence under the fender would also be appreciated. BTW, the lamps I have 
> are similar the rectangular Wipacs, but are made by Lucas (same ones that 
> were used on the DB4's I believe).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gene
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]