Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Clutch Slave Cylinder Bracket Question

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 04:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

1966 MK 1A Tiger
 
It appears since I had to change out the bell housing on a 1965 289 HP motor,
it had a bid hole in the bottom, that there must be a different clutch slave
cylinder bracket for the new 6 bolt bell housing C5AE-6015E as the 2 bolt
holes no longer line up.
 
I believe the old bell housing was a C5AA-6394-B.
 
Was there a different clutch slave cylinder bracket for the C5AE-6015E?  If
so, does anyone know the part number and\or have one they would part with or
are they still available new?
 
Many steps forward, many steps backwards.
 
Thanks
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:53:29 -0400

Joel
	Yes, there is a difference between the 5 bolt engine slave bracket
and the 6 bolt engine slave bracket.
The part numbers are Rootes numbers - not a Ford part.

CAT sometimes carries this part, possibly Tom Hall or Paul Reisentz, maybe
Dale A.
http://www.tigerengineering.net/

http://www.reisentzrestorations.com/

http://www.dalesresto.com/

If all else fails you could make a bracket to fit your situation.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 7:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Clutch Slave Cylinder Bracket Question

1966 MK 1A Tiger

It appears since I had to change out the bell housing on a 1965 289 HP
motor, it had a bid hole in the bottom, that there must be a different
clutch slave cylinder bracket for the new 6 bolt bell housing C5AE-6015E as
the 2 bolt holes no longer line up.

Thanks
Joel Martin

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:07:25 -0400 (EDT)

Some of these brackets have been known to bend over time.  The metal  on 
this one is about 1/3 the thickness of some of the other after market  
brackets. This does have an unusual brace arrangement and maybe that would  prevent 
bending?  If I was buying, I would be asking someone who has  used this 
model for their experience.
The usual sources do have the heavy, unbendable model.
Mark Lafayette

In a message dated 3/18/2013 9:56:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Joel,

You may be in luck.  There's a MKII (6-bolt)  slave cylinder bracket on ebay
right now.  Check it  out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/clutch-slave-cylinder-bracket-for-Ford-6-bolt-289-bl
ock-
Sunbeam-Tiger-/190813263829?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item
2c6d
5b57d5&vxp=mtr

Will  Seay 382001570
[email-masked]

-----Original  Message-----
On
Behalf Of Joel Martin

1966 MK 1A  Tiger

It appears since I had to change out the bell housing on a 1965  289 HP 
motor, it
had a bid hole in the bottom, that there must be a  different clutch slave
cylinder bracket for the new 6 bolt bell housing  C5AE-6015E as the 2 bolt 
holes
no longer line up.

Was there a different clutch slave  cylinder bracket for the C5AE-6015E?  
If so,
does anyone know the part  number and\or have one they would part with or 
are
they still available  new?

Thanks
Joel  Martin  

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Don Antilla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:46:30 -0400

Tiger guys:
I own a Series 200 Griffith with a 6 bolt 289 (actually, it is a 347
stroker because I did not have enough power in my 1900 pound car).
I have a C5AA-6384-B bellhousing and I needed a well designed slave
cylinder bracket since the original was missing.
I bought a high quality adapter from Sunbeam Specialties along with the
slave cylinder.
Please see my attached photos.
This worked fine on my Griffith so it should work for the Tiger.
If you need any more info or photos please  let me know.

PS: I have a Tiger GT residing in my basement; it is the first of fifteen
produced. (As you will see in the photo, it is not restored.)
Regards,
Don Antilla

On 3/18/13 10:07 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of C5AA-6384-B-bellhousing.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Bracket slave cyl low.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Clutch Slave cyl 64067506.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSC_0641.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]