Subject: [Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still....

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 07:01:34 -0500

Still having trouble trying to find an original clutch fork for the 260 5
blot bell housing.  

I thought it would be best to address the issue to the digest members for
help to an alternate solution and more info on the specs for the current
parts.  

If anyone knows of a good source for the original please chime in.  Since my
fork is missing and the engine is at the shop and the transmission out of
the car I need some help with dimensions of a good original fork for both
the Mk.I and Mk.II cars.  I've attached  an annotated photo showing a
similar fork showing dimensions needed.  For those of you who have access to
your parts, would you please send the dimensions back to me and I'll try to
find the most suitable replacement.  Not noted in the photo is the diameter
of the transmission input shaft retainer (the large flanged piece that
surrounds the input shaft and on which the throwout bearing slides).  If you
can add that dimension as "DI" that would also be a help.  Please send
dimensions to the digest or to me at [email-masked] .  If the
photo/drawing doesn't make it to the digest just send an email and I'll
reply with the photo.   We are amazingly lucky that our Tigers

Are sbf ford based so that the popularity of Mustangs, Falcons, Fairlanes,
Cobras and everything else makes our finding engines parts and information
so easy.  Imagine what it would be like if our engines were Packard or Nash
based.  This might also be a time and place to mention the wealth of sbf
part information at www.mustangtek.net .  Anyone who hasn't seen that sight
will be pleasantly surprised with an instant education on Ford part numbers
and where they were used.

Remember to include the "DI" dimension on your response and to indicate
whether the dimensions are from a Mk.I or Mk.II. 

CZ05-7515-B_dim.JPG

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of CZ05-7515-B_dim.JPG]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Jeffery Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 07:26:48 -0500

I'd try Mustangs Unlimited in Connecticut.
  Jeff

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 7:01 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 17:35:55 +0000 (UTC)

There is a response to a similar question on the CAT Forum a while back with a part number and source as well as info on how to modify a more frequently found fork to make it work. Never saw any response to it as to whether it worked out or not. Have a look at http://catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=1874&highlight=clutch+fork for the details. 

My trans and clutch are out of my car right now too. If the info in the above link does not work for you, I can make a hand drawing of the fork end with approximate dimensions and e-mail it to you if you still need it. Let me know. 

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffery Randall" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:26:48 AM 
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still.... 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:49:32 -0500

Gene
	Since the C3AZ-7515-A part is no longer available, I suggest you
take pictures and document your Tiger clutch fork for the Tiger community.

The CAT forum indicates the Tiger clutch fork is 9 1/4" long

The replacement listed on the CAT Forum - Mustangs Unlimited part # 37515B
01 - $59.95

That replacement clutch fork appears to be for 65/66 6 cyl - C3DZ-7515-B

I can not verify this.  I don't have the parts available to compare.

Hopefully others will join in on this thread to verify a replacement clutch
fork for the Tiger without going to a hydraulic throw out bearing.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 12:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still....

There is a response to a similar question on the CAT Forum a while back with
a part number and source as well as info on how to modify a more frequently
found fork to make it work. Never saw any response to it as to whether it
worked out or not. Have a look at
http://catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=1874&highlight=clutch+fork for
the details.

My trans and clutch are out of my car right now too. If the info in the
above link does not work for you, I can make a hand drawing of the fork end
with approximate dimensions and e-mail it to you if you still need it. Let
me know.

Gene

-

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:30:26 -0500

Ron,
You mention the reference stating the length of the C3AZ-7515-A fork being
9-1/4", all other references to that part number list the length as 10".
That's the kind of confusion that exists between various vendors and lists.
Hopefully we can get it right this time. The post dropped the photo with
desired measurement points so I will happily email the photo/drawing to
anyone who requests.  Request at [email-masked] .  An additional item
responders might include is any part numbers stamped into the part and a
photo.

john
.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Fraser [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:50 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still....

Gene

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----

Gene 

-

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 16:10:48 -0500

John
	I only stated what I saw on the Cat Forum thread which did not
specifically state which part # was 9 1/4" long.

One catalog I have indicates that the 65 -68 289, 302 clutch fork is 9 1/4"
long; that catalog also list the C3DZ-B clutch fork for the 260 V8 Comet and
6 cyl Falcon and Comet.

I have no idea the correct length of the Tiger clutch fork.

I'm hoping Gene or someone that has the C3AZ-A Tiger clutch fork handy will
write in with the length.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:30 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still....

Ron,

john
.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Fraser [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:50 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still....

Gene

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----

Gene

-

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2899 / Virus Database: 2641/6150 - Release Date: 03/05/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 22:06:17 +0000 (UTC)

Sorry, meant to reply to all. 

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:31:42 PM 
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still.... 

Hi John, 

Here are the dimensions of the fork from my Mark IA with stock close ratio trans. All dimensions in inches. 

L=10.5 
IN=1.7 
CC=2.4 
SE-4.5 
SD=5.0 
SP=DNK 
The ID of the throwout bearing is 1.445. My new one is Centerforce PN2439. My old one (not oem by now!) measures about 1.440. 

The extended tip by the dimple on the end is squared off rather than rounded like your overlay drawing on your pic. 

I trust you have the fulcrum retaining spring/clip as well as the clip that holds the slave cylinder rod end in the dimple. I have a source for the fulcrum clip if you need it. 

Let me know if you need any other info. 

Gene 
----- Original Message -----

[email-masked]