Subject: [Tigers] door adjustment

From: kevin beck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 08:43:07 -0400

Wanting to get my car ready for the chrome side trim pieces previous owner
had started restoration and filled all the holes.
Car has been painted since, but needs a repaint.  Doors fit OK and close
good, but sit just a bit low at the back. Hinges look OK but who knows. Is
there a adjustment
at the rear that would bring the door up a touch or is this fairly common.
Car has around 75000 miles.  Thanks Kevin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:03:40 -0400

Kevin
	I have a shim behind one or more of the door hinges to get the door
aligned.

There is some adjustment in the Door Striker and back plate.

There is also some adjustment in the door hinge.  You maybe able to loosen
the lower door hinge screws, move the hinge up or down some to move the rear
of the door up.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of kevin beck
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] door adjustment

Wanting to get my car ready for the chrome side trim pieces previous owner
had started restoration and filled all the holes. Car has been painted
since, but needs a repaint.  Doors fit OK and close good, but sit just a bit
low at the back. Hinges look OK but who knows. Is there a adjustment at the
rear that would bring the door up a touch or is this fairly common. Car has
around 75000 miles.  Thanks Kevin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 2641/6195 - Release Date: 03/21/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 07:42:45 -0700

Adjusting doors is obviously terribly tricky.

First, note that when the cars were first made, the doors were already
assembled before any primer or paint.  So, a common problem is that guys take
off their doors, and the door frame and door sides and each side of the hinges
get primered and painted.  Four total surfaces, for eight "shims" of primer
and paint, if only one layer of each.  This causes the entire door to be moved
backwards towards the rear of the car.  In my case, it was enough thickness
for the tip of the chrome latch to hit the inside of the door lock mechanism.

Second, the hinges and the door frame/door itself, are not parallel.  As you
orient the hinge, or slide it outwards, that in essence widens the hinge.  If
you were to slide the bottom hinge out and the top hinge in (on both the door
frame and the door), that would cause the bottom rear of the door to lift up.
But, of course, it will at the same time do all sorts of other changes.

As I said, terribly tricky...

On Mar 24, 2013, at 5:43 AM, kevin beck wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]