Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers - which Pentastar?

From: "Will Seay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:29:12 -0400

I just took a look at the pentastar on my car.  From center of the base to tip
of the star measures 0.98", so the 1" measurement, depending on how it was made,
is probably about right.  The original pentastar was gold-anodized aluminum over
plastic.  The pentastar on my car is NOS, so I know it's right.  You can find
two flavors of pentastars on ebay  The repros that sell for about $10.00 are all
plastic.  The NOS ones are the ones selling for outrageous bucks.  The pentastar
mounts with a center pin and has a locating tab that's offset from center.  It
will take two holes to mount it and accommodate the locating tab.  I don't know
anything about a vinyl/rubber gasket.  If someone wants a picture of the
pentastar installed on my car let me know and I can send you one by separate
email.

Will Seay 382001570
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of rande
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 8:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tigers - which Pentastar?

Lee asked which finish is the correct 'pentastar' for the Tiger and Alpine.
My old recolllection is that it's a faded gold with the black lines at the
bottom
of each star arm.

Again, this is solely my recollection, and it may be confused with the
pentastars
on the American-built Chrysler cars, but the one which looks closest on eBay
is an NOS part listed by seller 
"retiredfirechief" under the search 'Chrysler Pentastar'. If I have any
immediate
doubts about this one, it's that the seller describes it as measuring one inch
across, and from memory that seems a little two large.

It would be swell if someone with what they feel is an original pentastar could
at least measure theres to confirm the width, and extra points would be given
for whether it has similar attaching studs to the eBay part and whether it has
a black vinyl/rubber gasket behnd it.

I know I'm going to get a little pushback from two factions: the
"I've seen a lot of useless trivia on this site, but this..."crowd and the "I
just got home from hospital for back surgery, and you want me to bend down and
look at that badge...I'll never get up" crowd.

Rande
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:17:01 +0000

Did Alpines and Tigers have different pentastars?  I had a very very late Series V - the ones with all the Mark II stuff (non-peaked headlight rims, bumper mounted license plate lights, etc.).  It had a black/grey plastic Pentastar. The car was original paint and everything when we got it.  It was about 5 years old at the time. I can't confirm it was not changed. But think it unlikely. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Will Seay" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers - which Pentastar?

Will Seay 382001570
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----

Rande

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]