Subject: Re: [Tigers] doors

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:01:07 -0400

Don't know about Tigers specifically, but sagging doors are common on old
cars, there are various fixes.

1. Many hinges can be adjusted.
2. Some hinges have brass/bronze bushings in them that wear out, these are
like collars that the door pins go thru.
3. You can use brute force and place a piece of wood under the last 12" of
a wide open door and use a floor jack to "adjust" it back up ( lots of
little pumps and check fit it between all of them).

I'm sure others may have a better answer for you, I have used all three
solutions above on various doors.

Michael Shortt
 On Mar 24, 2013 8:29 AM, "kevin beck" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Wanting to get my car ready for the chrome side trim pieces previous owner
> had started restoration and filled all the holes.
> Car has been painted since, but needs a repaint.  Doors fit OK and close
> good, but sit just a bit low at the back. Hinges look OK but who knows. Is
> there a adjustment
> at the rear that would bring the door up a touch or is this fairly common.
> Car has around 75000 miles.  Thanks Kevin
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]