Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 7, Issue 45

From: Gary via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:12:15 -0700

Ditto what Gene says.
Mine contacts the lid, thus preventing it from shutting on cold start.
I loosen up the nut, then re-tighten after the valve shuts.
Why don't I install nuts on the mount post to limit the downward travel of the
lid you ask? I just don't have them in my parts bin and never think to hit the
bolt supply house.

Gary

> From: [email-masked]
>
> FWIW, I have noticed that with the thin K&N element, the choke flap has
been
> rubbing against the air cleaner lid a bit.B B  Maybe yours is hanging up on
> the top of the air cleaner housing when the housing is tightened down,
messing
> up the air flow and A/F ratio.B B  Look for some rub marks on the inside of
> the air cleaner top.
> Just an idea.B B  Gene
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: CoolVT--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 19:25:51 -0500

We were never told how the car ran before it was stored.  If it ran  fine 
before I'm not sure how air filter interference could develop from the car  
just sitting around.  If the car had the same problem before  
storing.....well, ignore my comment:-)

In a message dated 2/15/2015 7:12:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Ditto  what Gene says.
Mine contacts the lid, thus preventing it from shutting on  cold start.
I loosen up the nut, then re-tighten after the valve  shuts.
Why don't I install nuts on the mount post to limit the downward  travel of 
the
lid you ask? I just don't have them in my parts bin and never  think to hit 
the
bolt supply house.

Gary

been
messing

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]