Subject: [Tigers] Clutch Pedal Removal

From: Terry Packer via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 23:55:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hello All
I want to remove the clutch pedal from the car, which seems to require removing the pedal's mounting bracket and pedal as an assembly. It appears the bracket is secured to the rear of the firewall by a plate with two bolts. The lower bolt is actually the upper through-bolt which also secures the clutch master cylinder. It appears the upper mounting bolt is inserted from the front as the head of a bolt is visible in the engine bay a few inches directly above the clutch master. So one would guess that the clamping plate which holds the pedal bracket to the firewall has an unthreaded lower hole for the master cylinder through-bolt and a threaded upper hole to engage the upper mounting bolt inserted from the engine bay. 

My question is - is it really that simple, or are there complications that I'm not appreciating, tricks to help with re-assembly, etc. Thought I'd ask before disassembling things in the dark upper reaches of the under-dash. All suggestions appreciated.
BTW, if the upper mount bolts for the clutch and brake pedal assemblies are inserted from the engine bay, what finish should the exposed bolt heads be, or are they painted?

Thanks
Terry Packer9470018
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:19:31 -0800

I'd certainly listen if anyone said otherwise.  But that is exactly my
recollection when I took it out of my Alpine.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Terry Packer via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello All
> I want to remove the clutch pedal from the car, which seems to require
> removing the pedal's mounting bracket and pedal as an assembly. It appears
> the bracket is secured to the rear of the firewall by a plate with two
> bolts. The lower bolt is actually the upper through-bolt which also secures
> the clutch master cylinder. It appears the upper mounting bolt is inserted
> from the front as the head of a bolt is visible in the engine bay a few
> inches directly above the clutch master. So one would guess that the
> clamping plate which holds the pedal bracket to the firewall has an
> unthreaded lower hole for the master cylinder through-bolt and a threaded
> upper hole to engage the upper mounting bolt inserted from the engine bay.
>
> My question is - is it really that simple, or are there complications that
> I'm not appreciating, tricks to help with re-assembly, etc. Thought I'd ask
> before disassembling things in the dark upper reaches of the under-dash.
> All suggestions appreciated.
> BTW, if the upper mount bolts for the clutch and brake pedal assemblies
> are inserted from the engine bay, what finish should the exposed bolt heads
> be, or are they painted?
>
> Thanks
> Terry Packer9470018
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Paulick via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 08:58:35 -0500

Terry, how big are you physically.  If space getting in is a problem, remove
the seat, and then it is how you described.

Here are 2 photos of a stock and modified assembly.

Larry

> I want to remove the clutch pedal from the car, which seems to require
removing the pedal's mounting bracket and pedal as an assembly. It appears the
bracket is secured to the rear of the firewall by a plate with two bolts. The
lower bolt is actually the upper through-bolt which also secures the clutch
master cylinder. It appears the upper mounting bolt is inserted from the front
as the head of a bolt is visible in the engine bay a few inches directly above
the clutch master. So one would guess that the clamping plate which holds the
pedal bracket to the firewall has an unthreaded lower hole for the master
cylinder through-bolt and a threaded upper hole to engage the upper mounting
bolt inserted from the engine bay.
I'm not appreciating, tricks to help with re-assembly, etc. Thought I'd ask
before disassembling things in the dark upper reaches of the under-dash. All
suggestions appreciated.
> BTW, if the upper mount bolts for the clutch and brake pedal assemblies are
inserted from the engine bay, what finish should the exposed bolt heads be, or
are they painted?
> Terry Packer9470018
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]