Subject: [Tigers] Brake booster vacuum line

From: Andy Walker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 15:07:53 -0600

Hey, guys:

As you all know, I'm in the middle of the restoration of my Mk1A and I've
got a question (huh.imagine that.).  I have a nice and fresh 7" booster
thanks to Larry Atkisson (thanks, Larry!!!) and I'm installing it as we
speak.  I scrounged up a factory vacuum pipe that the 7" boosters used, but
that only gets the vacuum tube and one-way valve approximately over the
passenger-side valve cover.  From there, you have to use rubber vacuum line
like you would on the 5" boosters.

My question is this.did the later Tigers with the 7" boosters use the same
black vacuum line with the yellow stripe as did the earlier cars with the 5"
booster?  If not, was it just plain black vacuum line?  Also, did the 7"
booster cars use the same funky vacuum line hose clamps just like the 5"
booster cars?  If not, what type of clamp was original?  Thanks so much in
advance for anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 23:03:53 -0500

Andy

Parts List information

9166032	Flexible pipe - Servo to manifold	up to B382001282

9166034	Flexible pipe - Servo to manifold	Mk I from B382001283

I don't know the exact difference between the hoses except the length.  Mine
was probably the 9166032 hose - black with 2 yellow strips

Clamp
P.43921	S III onward	Thin band cotter pin style clamp - Moss #021-577

9782121	S II	This is a double wire clamp

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andy Walker
via Tigers
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 4:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Brake booster vacuum line

Hey, guys:

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5646 / Virus Database: 4284/9124 - Release Date: 02/16/15
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]