Subject: [Tigers] Air filter assembly

From: "Ronak, T.P. \(Timothy\) via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:30:27 +0000

Guys ... I had this problem with my assembly as well and it seems that over
the years of dudes (wingnuts) torqueing the damn wingnut down to keep the
assembly from rotating  it deforms the lid.
I had a nicely re-chromed unit and did not want to mar it so I created a frame
of 2x4s that EXACTLY matched the outline of the lid so that the entire filter
seating area of the lid when the lid was inverted was directly over 2x4s. I
then covered this a towel and then pressed the lid in the center to create
more clearance to the center of the lid by about 3/8ths of an inch ... I did
press it with a press but you could drift it as well with a large mallet and
another 2x4. The goal is to press it beyond the amount it will deflect after
you remove the pressure.

It sounds way more difficult than it actually is and it totally worked to
clear my choke assembly.
Of course this was back when I actually had a Tiger .... Fume.

Tim Ronak
Senior Services Consultant Services Group
AkzoNobel Automotive and Aerospace Coatings NA
Cell  (949) 289-3357
Mailing Address
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]