Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch Pedal Removal

From: CoolVT--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:09:02 -0500

One suggestion if you haven't done it yet.....remove the seat and throw a  
heavy blanket on the floor.  Makes working there soooo much easier.

In a message dated 2/25/2015 6:58:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hello  All
I want to remove the clutch pedal from the car, which seems to require  
removing the pedal's mounting bracket and pedal as an assembly. It appears the  
bracket is secured to the rear of the firewall by a plate with two bolts. 
The  lower bolt is actually the upper through-bolt which also secures the 
clutch  master cylinder. It appears the upper mounting bolt is inserted from 
the front  as the head of a bolt is visible in the engine bay a few inches 
directly above  the clutch master. So one would guess that the clamping plate 
which holds the  pedal bracket to the firewall has an unthreaded lower hole 
for the master  cylinder through-bolt and a threaded upper hole to engage the 
upper mounting  bolt inserted from the engine bay. 

My question is - is it really that  simple, or are there complications that 
I'm not appreciating, tricks to help  with re-assembly, etc. Thought I'd 
ask before disassembling things in the dark  upper reaches of the under-dash. 
All suggestions appreciated.
BTW, if the  upper mount bolts for the clutch and brake pedal assemblies 
are inserted from  the engine bay, what finish should the exposed bolt heads 
be, or are they  painted?

Thanks
Terry  Packer9470018
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]