Subject: [Tigers] Steering Column Shroud

From: Joe Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 21:38:40 -0600

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on refinishing the black plastic shroud that goes
around the steering column behind the steering wheel.  Mine was pretty dull
so I thought I would see what I could do with plastic polish on my buffer.
I did the bottom half first and it came out great.  But when I tried it on
the top half I let the buffer grab the piece and it hit the floor and broke
in half.  I glued it back together but the crack is slightly visible.  So I
was thinking about filling the crack line with glaze, sanding it down and
painting the whole thing.

Has anybody had good luck painting one of these?  Do the paints made for
plastics work good?  Should it be satin, semi-gloss, gloss, etc.?

Thanks,

Joe Brown

Arlington, TX

B382000217
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]