Subject: Re: [Tigers] wheel offset

From: Sandy via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 13:09:23 -0800

Owain - From some recent facebook discussion this is what I got from one 
member -

-->Wheels 16x7s.  28mm offset front, 15mm offset rear<--

Here are some links to help convert and fiddle with backspace and offset -

Simple converters from offset to backspace and visa versa...

http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/Backspace-Offset-Calculator.html
http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/Offset-to-Backspace.html

This one will let you know if a change in offset and width will affect 
the wheel
http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/WheelOffsetCalc.html

HTH

Sandy
On 2/12/2015 12:10 PM, Owain Lloyd via Tigers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone advise an approximately correct offset for 7" wheels with 205
> tires?
>
> I admit I'm being lazy and trying to order without measuring.
>
> Thanks.
> Owain.
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 23:29:18 +0000

It is going to depend somewhat on the diameter, and whether or not you
have Minx spindles in front. If have standard Alpine/Tiger spindles then
you need to reduce the offset for the upper control arm and balljoint to
clear the rim and tire.

I have the 2005 Mustang 16x7 wheels on my car (I want to say 45mm offset
but I may be wrong), Minx spindles, Wilwood brake hats, but no spacers in
front. With Alpine/Tiger spindles I had to have 7/16 inch spacers in order
for the balljoint and tire/rim to not want to be in the same place. In the
back I have about 1/2 inch worth of spacers, IIRC. I can handle more
there, if I want to push the wheels/tires closer to the body - but I will
probably get 225 tires for the rear next time around.

Cheers,
Theo

On 2015-02-12, 2:09 PM, "Sandy via Tigers" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Unsubscribe:
>>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>Unsubscribe:
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]