Subject: [Tigers] Holley carb problem

From: Gary Winblad via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 12:02:12 -0800

I have been running a small 2bbl Holley on my 260 since 1973.

Except for the usual gaskets/tighten screws/etc. it has always been great.
Lately though, it seems like every time I don't drive the car for a couple
weeks or more, I have carb trouble.  I've got it down to a quick pit-stop to
rip it off the car, dissassemble, blow out passages and put it back.  That
has been working ok until this time.

Now, I found the problem and might have been THE problem all along.
Under the accel pump discharge jets, there is a check valve.  Mine is a
small needle pointed rod, according the the Holley part break-down,
some use a ball and weight.  Mine was completely stuck in its seat, locking
the diaphram and its linkage, no discharge of gas at all.  Hell, it even 
locked
my gas pedal down!

My needle is coated black (black oxide?) but is worn to base metal at the
seat location.. is this the problem??  Can I buy just this part? Are there
any fixes?  Can I go to the ball/weight design, would that be better?

My car is running like new (right) now...

Thanks,
Gary
B9470622
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:03:24 -0500

Gary

	If you have a part number on the needle see if it is still available
and check to see if it has some sort of coating.   If no coating maybe that
is the problem - you may want to contact Holley to understand about the
coating.

If there should be no coating then maybe you can wipe it off and the part is
still good.
If the part looks worn then a new part is needed or tech support to make a
conversion.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gary
Winblad via Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 3:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Holley carb problem

Now, I found the problem and might have been THE problem all along. Under
the accel pump discharge jets, there is a check valve.  Mine is a small
needle pointed rod, according the the Holley part break-down, some use a
ball and weight.  Mine was completely stuck in its seat, locking the
diaphram and its linkage, no discharge of gas at all.  Hell, it even 
locked
my gas pedal down!

Thanks,
Gary
B9470622

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]