Subject: [Tigers] MkII Headlight Rims

From: Tod Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 11:24:07 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============9191121133077941832==
 boundary="------------050106000607000207040509"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------050106000607000207040509
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have noticed that all of the MkII Tigers I have seen recently have had 
the rounded
headlight rims as opposed to the peaked rims used on the MkI & MkIA 
models. However,
many years ago, back in the 1970's, I owned a MkII for a short while 
that had peaked
rims. Was this another case of Jensen using whatever was on the shelf 
that day when
the car was being built or was there a definite changeover date when 
they went from
peaked to rounded rims. Or were they all rounded as delivered?

The particular MkII that I owned was B3821000139 LRXFE and was red. It 
came to me
as a wreck as the former owner had tried to operate it in an inverted 
position. As Dylan
said, "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" so I 
proceeded to part the
car out and the pieces are scattered over Tiger-land now. I still have 
the headlight rims
and a few other odd pieces but nothing worth much any more (before you 
all write to
ask about the side and wheel trim, much to my chagrin). Norm was 
informed of its
ultimate demise long ago, so it will not appear as an Alger, hopefully.

Anyway, it seems that, at least from this one example, peaked rims on a 
MkII are
acceptable, so I am wondering if anyone else knows of other examples.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384 LRXFE
TAC 864

--------------050106000607000207040509
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <big>I have noticed that all of the MkII Tigers I have seen recently
      have had the rounded <br>
      headlight rims as opposed to the peaked rims used on the MkI &amp;
      MkIA models. However,<br>
      many years ago, back in the 1970's, I owned a MkII for a short
      while that had peaked<br>
      rims. Was this another case of Jensen using whatever was on the
      shelf that day when <br>
      the car was being built or was there a definite changeover date
      when they went from <br>
      peaked to rounded rims. Or were they all rounded as delivered?<br>
      <br>
      The particular MkII that I owned was B3821000139 LRXFE and was
      red. It came to me<br>
      as a wreck as the former owner had tried to operate it in an
      inverted position. As Dylan<br>
      said, "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" so I
      proceeded to part the<br>
      car out and the pieces are scattered over Tiger-land now. I still
      have the headlight rims<br>
      and a few other odd pieces but nothing worth much any more (before
      you all write to <br>
      ask about the side and wheel trim, much to my chagrin). Norm was
      informed of its <br>
      ultimate demise long ago, so it will not appear as an Alger,
      hopefully. <br>
      <br>
      Anyway, it seems that, at least from this one example, peaked rims
      on a MkII are <br>
      acceptable, so I am wondering if anyone else knows of other
      examples.<br>
      <br>
      Cheers,<br>
      <br>
      Tod<br>
      B382002384 LRXFE<br>
      TAC 864</big><br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------050106000607000207040509--

--===============9191121133077941832==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============9191121133077941832==--

---

From: Tod Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 16:24:23 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2284656514617481693==
 boundary="------------000909060104040108080305"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000909060104040108080305
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

David:

I envy you. I'm glad you have your car and continue to enjoy it.

I was hoping to hear from someone with a serial number close to the one 
I had for comparison
and I think your story raises some doubt about the car I had and it 
original rims. The only
damage that the car I had suffered appeared to be from the incident that 
produced its demise
so it remains a mystery as to why the owner changed the headlight rims. 
In addition, the rest of
the car was bone stock with no evidence of anything else having been 
changed or customized.
It seems that all the MkII's left the line with rounded rims, so I guess 
my mystery will remain.

Thanks for your comments and those from others who wrote to me.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE

--------------000909060104040108080305
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font face="Arial">David:<br>
      <br>
      <font face="Arial">I envy you. I'm glad you have your car and
        continue to enjoy it. <br>
        <br>
        <font face="Arial">I was hoping t<font face="Arial">o hear from
            someone with a serial number close to the one I had for
            comparison<br>
            <font face="Arial">and I think your story raises some doubt
              about the car I had and it original rims. The only <br>
              <font face="Arial">damage that the car I had suffered
                appeared to be from the incident that produced its
                demise<br>
                <font face="Arial">so it r<font face="Arial">emains a
                    mystery as to why the owner changed the headlight
                    rims. In addition<font face="Arial">, the rest of<br>
                      <font face="Arial">the car was bone stock with no
                        evidence of anything else having been changed or
                        customized.<br>
                        <font face="Arial">It seems that all the MkII's
                          left the line with rounded rims, so I guess <font
                            face="Arial">my mystery will rem<font
                              face="Arial">ain.<br>
                              <br>
                              <font face="Arial">Thanks <font
                                  face="Arial">for</font> your comments
                                and those from others who wrote to me.<br>
                                <br>
                                <font face="Arial">Cheers,<br>
                                  <br>
                                  <font face="Arial">Tod<br>
                                    <font face="Arial">B38200238<font
                                        face="Arial">4</font>LRXFE</font><br>
                                  </font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------000909060104040108080305--

--===============2284656514617481693==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2284656514617481693==--

---

From: DnMWilson--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 17:41:36 -0500

--===============8130164358970723547==
	boundary="----=_Part_11304_389469701.1449614496079"

------=_Part_11304_389469701.1449614496079
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Tod,

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when you listed your old car's serial number as being one less than mine.  In some ways, I liked the looks of the hooded headlight rims on my Mk II.  Maybe your previous car's owner installed hooded rims because he preferred their looks.

Later!
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Tod Brown <[email-masked]>
To: dnmwilson <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Dec 8, 2015 1:24 pm
Subject: Re: MkII Headlight Rims

    David:

        I was hoping to hear from            someone with a serial number close to the one I had for            comparison
            and I think your story raises some doubt              about the car I had and it original rims. The only 
              damage that the car I had suffered                appeared to be from the incident that produced its                demise
                so it remains a                    mystery as to why the owner changed the headlight                    rims. In addition, the rest of
                      the car was bone stock with no                        evidence of anything else having been changed or                        customized.
                        It seems that all the MkII's                          left the line with rounded rims, so I guess my mystery will remain.

                                Cheers,
                                  
                                  Tod
                                    B382002384LRXFE

------=_Part_11304_389469701.1449614496079
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='2' face='arial'>Tod,
<div><br>
</div>

<div>Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when you listed your old car's serial number as being one less than mine. &nbsp;In some ways, I liked the looks of the hooded headlight rims on my Mk II. &nbsp;Maybe your previous car's owner installed hooded rims because he preferred their looks.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Later!<br>
David<br>
<br>
<br>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Tod Brown &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: dnmwilson &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Tue, Dec 8, 2015 1:24 pm<br>
Subject: Re: MkII Headlight Rims<br>
<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_7ffadc46-d406-4b98-9ce0-b3fdd1365147">

<div bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" class="aolReplacedBody">
    <font face="Arial">David:<br>

      <br>

        <br>

                        <font face="Arial">It seems that all the MkII's
                          left the line with rounded rims, so I guess <font face="Arial">my mystery will rem<font face="Arial">ain.<br>

                              <br>

                              <font face="Arial">Thanks <font face="Arial">for</font> your comments
                                and those from others who wrote to me.<br>

                                <br>

                                  <br>

                                    <font face="Arial">B38200238<font face="Arial">4</font>LRXFE</font><br>

</div>

</div>

</div>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_11304_389469701.1449614496079--

--===============8130164358970723547==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8130164358970723547==--