Subject: Re: [Tigers] hood scoop

From: Jay via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 14:19:01 -0800

What is the goal?  My dad got the LAT hood, which at the time, I was lukewarm to.  But now that I have the car, I love it.  I have the original as well, with no interest in swapping back.

> On Feb 28, 2022, at 1:44 PM, Terry Lawell via Tigers <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a Cobra hood scoop work?
> 
> Cheers, Terry
> _______________________________________________
> 
> [email-masked]
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive
> 
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> 
> 

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 17:29:34 -0500

--===============8593716488456552826==

--000000000000ee7b1c05d91b95f9

Terry,

Buy the bonnet, don't cut the original. They're relatively inexpensive; the
original, once cut, will never be original again.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 5:19 PM Jay via Tigers <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> What is the goal?  My dad got the LAT hood, which at the time, I was
> lukewarm to.  But now that I have the car, I love it.  I have the original
> as well, with no interest in swapping back.
>
>
>
>
> > Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> >
> >
>
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--000000000000ee7b1c05d91b95f9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Terry,=C2=A0<div><br></div><div>Buy the bonnet, don&#39;t =
cut the original. They&#39;re=C2=A0relatively inexpensive; the original, on=
ce cut, will never be original again.</div><div><br></div><div>Tom</div><di=
v>&#39;67 Mark 2</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 5:19 PM Jay via Tigers &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:=
<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8=
ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid;border-left-color:rgb(204,=
204,204);padding-left:1ex">What is the goal?=C2=A0 My dad got the LAT hood,=
 which at the time, I was lukewarm to.=C2=A0 But now that I have the car, I=
 love it.=C2=A0 I have the original as well, with no interest in swapping b=
ack.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
&gt; On Feb 28, 2022, at 1:44 PM, Terry Lawell via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a Cobra hood sc=
oop work?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Cheers, Terry<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">tigers@auto=
x.team.net</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3D"noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"noref=
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/j=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
m.net</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkpark=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000ee7b1c05d91b95f9--

--===============8593716488456552826==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8593716488456552826==--

---

From: D or G at sbc via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 23:14:47 +0000 (UTC)

--===============1876798007289675505==
	boundary="----=_Part_1830879_292736219.1646090087923"

------=_Part_1830879_292736219.1646090087923
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

 There was a LAT rivet on scoop, might have been a Cobra scoop.
This might work
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265507719586?ViewItem=&item=265507719586&vxp=mtr
David

    On Monday, February 28, 2022, 01:45:03 PM PST, Terry Lawell via Tigers <[email-masked]> wrote:  
 
 Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a Cobra hood 
scoop work?

Cheers, Terry

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_Part_1830879_292736219.1646090087923
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"ydp81cf1af2yahoo-style-wrap" style=
=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px=
;"><div></div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><div class=3D"ydp7b0db221pas=
ted-link"><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><div><div dir=3D"ltr">Ther=
e was a LAT rivet on scoop, might have been a Cobra scoop.</div><div dir=3D=
"ltr"><br clear=3D"none"></div><div dir=3D"ltr">This might work</div></div>=
<div><br></div></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><a href=3D"http=
s://www.ebay.com/itm/265507719586?ViewItem=3D&amp;item=3D265507719586&amp;v=
xp=3Dmtr" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">https://www.ebay.com/itm/26550=
7719586?ViewItem=3D&amp;item=3D265507719586&amp;vxp=3Dmtr</a></div><div><br=
></div></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">David<br></div></div><d=
iv><br></div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"ydpa32b54e6yahoo_quoted_6485747214" class=3D"ydpa3=
2b54e6yahoo_quoted">
            <div style=3D"font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, s=
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
               =20
                <div>
                    On Monday, February 28, 2022, 01:45:03 PM PST, Terry La=
well via Tigers &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><div dir=3D"ltr">Any recommendations for a hood scoop =
for my Mk1A? Does a Cobra hood <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">scoop work?<br></=
div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Cheers, Terry<br></div><div=
 dir=3D"ltr">_______________________________________________<br></div><div =
dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked].=
net" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br></div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.t=
eam.net/donate.html" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net=
/donate.html</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.t=
eam.net/pipermail/tigers " rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.te=
am.net/pipermail/tigers </a><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=
=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br></div>=
<div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://=
autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]" rel=3D"nofoll=
ow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/orr4sale=
@sbcglobal.net</a><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br=
></div></div>
            </div>
        </div></body></html>
------=_Part_1830879_292736219.1646090087923--

--===============1876798007289675505==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1876798007289675505==--

---

From: LARRY PAULICK via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 18:25:59 -0500

--===============6809842796806930252==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_0D6DA1BA-F075-4636-98A1-681924822FB7"

--Apple-Mail=_0D6DA1BA-F075-4636-98A1-681924822FB7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

A hood scoop, looks cool, but does very little for performance.  What is =
needed is a cold air induction box connected to the carburetor, so that =
the air from the scoop goes directly to the carb.  This has been used =
for years in racing, and NASCAR uses the high-pressure area of the =
windshield for the hood scoop, with the =0Dair inlet of the scoop facing =
the windshield. Here's the cold air box that I made for my tiger.

> On Feb 28, 2022, at 5:19 PM, Jay via Tigers <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
> What is the goal?  My dad got the LAT hood, which at the time, I was =
lukewarm to.  But now that I have the car, I love it.  I have the =
original as well, with no interest in swapping back.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>> On Feb 28, 2022, at 1:44 PM, Terry Lawell via Tigers =
>>=20
>> Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a Cobra hood =
scoop work?
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers =
http://autox.team.net/archive
>> Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers =
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers> http://autox.team.net/archive =
<http://autox.team.net/archive>
> Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_0D6DA1BA-F075-4636-98A1-681924822FB7
	type="text/html";
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_17FA1622-13ED-419B-9ACA-9988C1A8FAE1"

--Apple-Mail=_17FA1622-13ED-419B-9ACA-9988C1A8FAE1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">A =
hood scoop, looks cool, but does very little for performance. &nbsp;What =
is needed is a cold air induction box connected to the carburetor, so =
that the air from the scoop goes directly to the carb. &nbsp;This has =
been used for years in racing, and NASCAR uses the high-pressure area of =
the windshield for the hood scoop, with the =0Dair inlet of the scoop =
facing the windshield. Here's the cold air box that I made for my =
tiger.<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><img =
apple-inline=3D"yes" id=3D"1F61710D-5CFF-438E-947D-6FD8195F0FFA" =
src=3D"cid:0B027B7E-07B7-495E-BBB4-EB65393CC0C3" class=3D""><br =
class=3D""><div><br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Feb 28, 2022, at 5:19 PM, Jay via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><meta =
charset=3D"UTF-8" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">What is the goal? &nbsp;My dad got the LAT hood, which at the =
time, I was lukewarm to. &nbsp;But now that I have the car, I love it. =
&nbsp;I have the original as well, with no interest in swapping =
back.</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D"">On =
Feb 28, 2022, at 1:44 PM, Terry Lawell via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a =
Cobra hood scoop work?<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Cheers, Terry<br =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Donate: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">Unsubscribe:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jay.laifman@gmail.=
com</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D""><br class=3D""></blockquote><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: =
18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: =
18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: =
18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: =
18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: Times-Roman; =
font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: =
18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: =
18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: =
18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" style=3D"font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: =
18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: =
Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
" style=3D"font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/lpaulick1@verizon.=
net</a></div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_17FA1622-13ED-419B-9ACA-9988C1A8FAE1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=DSCN0155.JPG
	x-unix-mode=0755;
	name="DSCN0155.JPG"
Content-Id: <0B027B7E-07B7-495E-BBB4-EB65393CC0C3>

--Apple-Mail=_17FA1622-13ED-419B-9ACA-9988C1A8FAE1--

--Apple-Mail=_0D6DA1BA-F075-4636-98A1-681924822FB7--

--===============6809842796806930252==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6809842796806930252==--

---

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 21:08:09 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6681368963893315850==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001E_01D82CE7.4AAED930"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D82CE7.4AAED930
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001F_01D82CE7.4AAED930"

------=_NextPart_001_001F_01D82CE7.4AAED930
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I believe Larry has stated this correctly.   If you want outside air with
some ram effect, you need to grab air off the windshield into a sealed air
box.

I don't have a hood scoop so I may be full of it with the following
statements.

The articles I have read about the Cobra style hood scoop state they work
poorly to get air to the carb at all speeds.

They mostly let hot air out when you slow down and stop.

Shelby American used them but they also studied and created air flow through
the engine compartment.

Other cars with hood scoops, they were sealed to the carb air box for a ram
effect.

Today with the cone shaped K&N type air filters, they put an air box around
them to cancel turbulent air flow.

So, as Jay stated - what's your goal.

Ron Fraser

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of LARRY PAULICK via
Tigers
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2022 6:26 PM
To: Jay <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] hood scoop

A hood scoop, looks cool, but does very little for performance.  What is
needed is a cold air induction box connected to the carburetor, so that the
air from the scoop goes directly to the carb.  This has been used for years
in racing, and NASCAR uses the high-pressure area of the windshield for the
hood scoop, with the air inlet of the scoop facing the windshield. Here's
the cold air box that I made for my tiger.

On Feb 28, 2022, at 5:19 PM, Jay via Tigers <[email-masked]

On Feb 28, 2022, at 1:44 PM, Terry Lawell via Tigers <[email-masked]

Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a Cobra hood scoop
work?

Cheers, Terry

Unsubscribe:

Archive:  <http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers>
http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers  <http://autox.team.net/archive>
http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe:
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_001_001F_01D82CE7.4AAED930
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Times-Roman;
	panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.apple-converted-space
	{mso-style-name:apple-converted-space;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I believe =
Larry has stated this correctly. &nbsp;&nbsp;If you want outside air =
with some ram effect, you need to grab air off the windshield into a =
sealed air box.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
don&#8217;t have a hood scoop so I may be full of it with the following =
statements.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The articles I have read about the Cobra style hood =
scoop state they work poorly to get air to the carb at all =
speeds.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>They mostly let hot air out =
when you slow down and stop.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Shelby =
American used them but they also studied and created air flow through =
the engine compartment.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Other cars =
with hood scoops, they were sealed to the carb air box for a ram =
effect.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Today with the cone shaped =
K&amp;N type air filters, they put an air box around them to cancel =
turbulent air flow.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>So, as Jay =
stated &#8211; what&#8217;s your goal.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ron Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>LARRY PAULICK =
via Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, February 28, 2022 6:26 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> Jay &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] hood =
scoop<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>A hood =
scoop, looks cool, but does very little for performance. &nbsp;What is =
needed is a cold air induction box connected to the carburetor, so that =
the air from the scoop goes directly to the carb. &nbsp;This has been =
used for years in racing, and NASCAR uses the high-pressure area of the =
windshield for the hood scoop, with the air inlet of the scoop facing =
the windshield. Here's the cold air box that I made for my =
tiger.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><img width=3D640 height=3D480 =
style=3D'width:6.6666in;height:5.0in' =
id=3D"_x0031_F61710D-5CFF-438E-947D-6FD8195F0FFA" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On Feb 28, 2022, at 5:19 PM, Jay via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'>What is the =
goal? &nbsp;My dad got the LAT hood, which at the time, I was lukewarm =
to. &nbsp;But now that I have the car, I love it. &nbsp;I have the =
original as well, with no interest in swapping back.<br><br><br><br><br =
style=3D'caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);font-variant-caps: =
normal;text-align:start;-webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;word-spacing:0px'><br></span><o:p></o:p></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:13.5pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'>On Feb 28, =
2022, at 1:44 PM, Terry Lawell via Tigers &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br><br>Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a =
Cobra hood scoop work?<br><br>Cheers, =
Terry<br>_______________________________________________<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Do=
nate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
br><br>Unsubscribe:<span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
m">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>=
<br><br><o:p></o:p></span></p></blockquote><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'><br>__________=
_____________________________________<br><br></span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'>[email-masked]=
eam.net</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'><br><br>Donate=
:<span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'>http://www.tea=
m.net/donate.html</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'><br>Archive:<s=
pan class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'>http://www.tea=
m.net/pipermail/tigers</span></a><span =
class=3Dapple-converted-space><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'>&nbsp;</span><=
/span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'>http://autox.t=
eam.net/archive</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'><br><br>Unsubs=
cribe:<span class=3Dapple-converted-space>&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
t"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;font-family:"Times-Roman",serif'>http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</span></a><o:p></o:p=
></p></div></blockquote></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_001F_01D82CE7.4AAED930--

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D82CE7.4AAED930
	name="image001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D82CE7.4AAED930--

--===============6681368963893315850==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6681368963893315850==--

---

From: Theo Smit via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 19:48:13 -0700

--===============8389711825288289458==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_78C39AC0-461F-45A6-875D-64381BBA7F12"

--Apple-Mail=_78C39AC0-461F-45A6-875D-64381BBA7F12
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

That looks like a later model Cobra scoop=E2=80=A6 the LAT option =
rivet-on scoop was LAT25 and is proportioned more or less as shown in =
this photo:
=
323691-sunbeam-tiger-mark-ii-serial-3-concours-restoration-of-a-significan=
t-tiger =
<https://forums.aaca.org/topic/323691-sunbeam-tiger-mark-ii-serial-3-conco=
urs-restoration-of-a-significant-tiger/>

This is probably close enough you could claim it as being period =
correct:
p-182-fiberglass-hood-scoop.aspx =
<https://www.csxparts.com/p-182-fiberglass-hood-scoop.aspx>

Especially if you rivet it on.
hollywood-sports-cars-tiger =
<https://www.thevrl.com/photo/hollywood-sports-cars-tiger?context=3Duser>

But: As others have noted, the forward facing scoop in the centre of the =
hood is not the best way to go for actual performance.

Cheers,
Theo

> On Feb 28, 2022, at 4:14 PM, D or G at sbc via Tigers =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> =
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265507719586?ViewItem=3D&item=3D265507719586&vxp=3D=
mtr =
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/265507719586?ViewItem=3D&item=3D265507719586&vxp=
=3Dmtr>
>=20
> David
>=20
> On Monday, February 28, 2022, 01:45:03 PM PST, Terry Lawell via Tigers =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a Cobra hood=20
> scoop work?
>=20
> Cheers, Terry
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers  =
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers>http://autox.team.net/archive =
<http://autox.team.net/archive>
> Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
> Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_78C39AC0-461F-45A6-875D-64381BBA7F12
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">That =
looks like a later model Cobra scoop=E2=80=A6 the LAT option rivet-on =
scoop was LAT25 and is proportioned more or less as shown in this =
photo:<div class=3D""><a =
href=3D"https://forums.aaca.org/topic/323691-sunbeam-tiger-mark-ii-serial-=
3-concours-restoration-of-a-significant-tiger/" =
class=3D"">323691-sunbeam-tiger-mark-ii-serial-3-concours-restoration-of-a=
-significant-tiger</a></div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">This is probably close enough you could claim it as being =
period correct:</div><div class=3D""><a =
href=3D"https://www.csxparts.com/p-182-fiberglass-hood-scoop.aspx" =
class=3D"">p-182-fiberglass-hood-scoop.aspx</a></div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Especially if you rivet it =
on.</div><div class=3D""><a =
href=3D"https://www.thevrl.com/photo/hollywood-sports-cars-tiger?context=3D=
user" class=3D"">hollywood-sports-cars-tiger</a></div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">But: As others have noted, the forward =
facing scoop in the centre of the hood is not the best way to go for =
actual performance.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">Cheers,</div><div class=3D"">Theo</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" =
class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Feb 28, 2022, at 4:14 PM, D or G at sbc =
via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><div class=3D""><div =
class=3D"ydp81cf1af2yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:Helvetica =
Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div class=3D""></div>=

        <div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"ydp7b0db221pasted-link"><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false" =
class=3D""><div class=3D""><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">There was a LAT =
rivet on scoop, might have been a Cobra scoop.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" =
class=3D""><br clear=3D"none" class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" =
class=3D"">This might work</div></div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false" =
class=3D""><a =
href=3D"https://www.ebay.com/itm/265507719586?ViewItem=3D&amp;item=3D26550=
7719586&amp;vxp=3Dmtr" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" =
class=3D"">https://www.ebay.com/itm/265507719586?ViewItem=3D&amp;item=3D26=
5507719586&amp;vxp=3Dmtr</a></div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false" =
class=3D"">David<br class=3D""></div></div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"ydpa32b54e6yahoo_quoted_6485747214" =
class=3D"ydpa32b54e6yahoo_quoted">
            <div style=3D"font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, =
Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;" class=3D"">
               =20
                <div class=3D"">
                    On Monday, February 28, 2022, 01:45:03 PM PST, Terry =
Lawell via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div>
                <div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div>
                <div class=3D""><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">Any =
recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a Cobra hood <br =
class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">scoop work?<br =
class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">Cheers, Terry<br class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________<br =
class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br=
 class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"=
 rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br class=3D""></div><div =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"nofollow" =
target=3D"_blank" class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers </a><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br class=3D""></div><div =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
t" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/orr4sale@sbcglobal=
.net</a><br class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></div>
            </div>
        </div></div>_______________________________________________<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Donate: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_78C39AC0-461F-45A6-875D-64381BBA7F12--

--===============8389711825288289458==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8389711825288289458==--

---

From: Terry Lawell via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 20:58:36 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060101000604050305040100
 boundary="------------090200040309000405000807"

--------------090200040309000405000807
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks for the inputs. My goal was more for aesthetics than performance. 
My original Mk1 Tiger, which I had in France in 1965, had a functional 
air scoop sealed to the carb (see attachment). But my Mk1a is completely 
stock and I would like to add the air scoop just for looks.

Cheers, Terry

On 2/28/22, 5:25 PM, LARRY PAULICK wrote:
> A hood scoop, looks cool, but does very little for performance.  What 
> is needed is a cold air induction box connected to the carburetor, so 
> that the air from the scoop goes directly to the carb.  This has been 
> used for years in racing, and NASCAR uses the high-pressure area of 
> the windshield for the hood scoop, with the air inlet of the scoop 
> facing the windshield. Here's the cold air box that I made for my tiger.
>
>
>
>> lukewarm to.  But now that I have the car, I love it.  I have the 
>>> On Feb 28, 2022, at 1:44 PM, Terry Lawell via Tigers 
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigershttp://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> Unsubscribe:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>

--------------090200040309000405000807
 boundary="------------070005030102000708050703"

--------------070005030102000708050703
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Thanks for the inputs. My goal was more for aesthetics than
    performance. My original Mk1 Tiger, which I had in France in 1965,&nbsp;
    had a functional air scoop sealed to the carb (see attachment). But
    my Mk1a is completely stock and I would like to add the air scoop
    just for looks.<br>
    <br>
    Cheers, Terry<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/28/22, 5:25 PM, LARRY PAULICK
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=ISO-8859-1">
      A hood scoop, looks cool, but does very little for performance.
      &nbsp;What is needed is a cold air induction box connected to the
      carburetor, so that the air from the scoop goes directly to the
      carb. &nbsp;This has been used for years in racing, and NASCAR uses the
      high-pressure area of the windshield for the hood scoop, with the
      air inlet of the scoop facing the windshield. Here's the cold air
      box that I made for my tiger.
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class=""><img apple-inline="yes"
          id="1F61710D-5CFF-438E-947D-6FD8195F0FFA"
          src="cid:[email-masked]" class=""><br
          class="">
        <div><br class="">
          <blockquote type="cite" class="">
            <div class="">On Feb 28, 2022, at 5:19 PM, Jay via Tigers
              &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a>&gt;

              wrote:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div class="">
              <meta charset="UTF-8" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">What is the goal? &nbsp;My dad got the
                LAT hood, which at the time, I was lukewarm to. &nbsp;But now
                that I have the car, I love it. &nbsp;I have the original as
                well, with no interest in swapping back.</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <blockquote type="cite" style="font-family: Times-Roman;
                font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
                orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"
                class="">On Feb 28, 2022, at 1:44 PM, Terry Lawell via
                Tigers &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a>&gt;

                wrote:<br class="">
                <br class="">
                Any recommendations for a hood scoop for my Mk1A? Does a
                Cobra hood scoop work?<br class="">
                <br class="">
                Cheers, Terry<br class="">
                _______________________________________________<br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a><br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                  class="">
                Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                  href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
                <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                  href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                Unsubscribe:<span class="Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a
                  moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]"
                  class="">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                <br class="">
              </blockquote>
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">_______________________________________________</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" style="font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align:
                start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
                white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
                -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">[email-masked]</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Donate:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                style="font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Archive:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"
                style="font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a><span
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class=""><span
                  class="Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://autox.team.net/archive" style="font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align:
                start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
                white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
                -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Times-Roman; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Unsubscribe:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]"
                style="font-family: Times-Roman; font-size: 18px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a></div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br class="">
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------070005030102000708050703
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------070005030102000708050703--

--------------090200040309000405000807--

--------------060101000604050305040100
 name="IMG_0616.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_0616.jpeg"

--------------060101000604050305040100
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------060101000604050305040100--