Subject: [Tigers] Front Bump Stop Clearance?

From: Terry Packer via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2026 20:51:25 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0024923959242598726==
	boundary="----=_Part_2250955_310332580.1785963085634"

------=_Part_2250955_310332580.1785963085634
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'd like to investigate whether intermittent contact with the rubber snubbers is adding firmness to the feel of my MkI's front suspension. Unfortunately guessing at the condition of the road springs by comparing tire clearances, ride heights, etc, is usually inconclusive because of car to car variables like wheel and tire sizes.

So before disassembling anything I'd like to first do a quick "look see". To that end, can anyone share the intended clearance between the top of the stock rubber snubbers and their corresponding stop-pads on the cross-member for a (mostly) stock Tiger with known good springs? A related question is how much front wheel travel the Tiger design was intended to provide. I haven't see either of these dimensions in the Workshop Manual and either one might help inform whether a more invasive investigation is justified.

Thanks Much
Terry
  
------=_Part_2250955_310332580.1785963085634
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="ydp31093e8fyahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;" dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I'd like to investigate whether intermittent contact with the rubber snubbers is adding
 firmness to the feel of my MkI's front suspension. Unfortunately guessing at the condition of the road springs by comparing tire clearances, ride heights, etc, is usually 
inconclusive because of car to car variables like wheel and tire sizes.<br>
<br>So before disassembling anything I'd like to first do a quick "look see". To that end, can 
anyone share the intended clearance between the top of the stock rubber snubbers and their corresponding stop-pads on the cross-member for a (mostly) stock Tiger with known good springs? A related question is how much front wheel travel the Tiger design was intended to provide. I haven't see either of these dimensions in the Workshop Manual and either one might help inform whether a more invasive 
investigation is justified.<br>
<br>
Thanks Much<br>
Terry</div><br clear="none"></div><div id="ydp2d0d7cefyahoo_quoted_6504698345" class="ydp2d0d7cefyahoo_quoted"><div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
            </div>
        </div></body></html>
------=_Part_2250955_310332580.1785963085634--

--===============0024923959242598726==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0024923959242598726==--

---

From: Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2026 19:33:21 -0700

--===============3920400985536971766==

--000000000000c5452d065857b689
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Terry,
I bet Tom Hall could give you those answers.
My stock Tiger is lowered with ground down rubber spring pads and stock
sagged springs, don't think it ever bottoms.  Might be due to the shock
setting.
Gary Winblad

On Wed, Aug 5, 2026 at 5:19=E2=80=AFPM Terry Packer via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'd like to investigate whether intermittent contact with the rubber
> snubbers is adding firmness to the feel of my MkI's front suspension.
> Unfortunately guessing at the condition of the road springs by comparing
> tire clearances, ride heights, etc, is usually inconclusive because of ca=
r
> to car variables like wheel and tire sizes.
>
> So before disassembling anything I'd like to first do a quick "look see".
> To that end, can anyone share the intended clearance between the top of t=
he
> stock rubber snubbers and their corresponding stop-pads on the cross-memb=
er
> for a (mostly) stock Tiger with known good springs? A related question is
> how much front wheel travel the Tiger design was intended to provide. I
> haven't see either of these dimensions in the Workshop Manual and either
> one might help inform whether a more invasive investigation is justified.
>
> Thanks Much
> Terry
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--000000000000c5452d065857b689
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Terry,</div><div>I bet Tom Hall could give you those =
answers.</div><div>My stock Tiger is lowered with ground down rubber spring=
 pads and stock sagged springs, don&#39;t think it ever bottoms.=C2=A0 Migh=
t be due to the shock setting.</div><div>Gary Winblad</div><div><br></div><=
/div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir=3D"ltr" =
class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Aug 5, 2026 at 5:19=E2=80=AFPM Terry Packer vi=
a Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:=
0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">=
<div><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman,new york,times,serif;font-si=
ze:16px" dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;d like to investigate whether i=
ntermittent contact with the rubber snubbers is adding
 firmness to the feel of my MkI&#39;s front suspension. Unfortunately guess=
ing at the condition of the road springs by comparing tire clearances, ride=
 heights, etc, is usually=20
inconclusive because of car to car variables like wheel and tire sizes.<br>
<br>So before disassembling anything I&#39;d like to first do a quick &quot=
;look see&quot;. To that end, can=20
anyone share the intended clearance between the top of the stock rubber snu=
bbers and their corresponding stop-pads on the cross-member for a (mostly) =
stock Tiger with known good springs? A related question is how much front w=
heel travel the Tiger design was intended to provide. I haven&#39;t see eit=
her of these dimensions in the Workshop Manual and either one might help in=
form whether a more invasive=20
investigation is justified.<br>
<br>
Thanks Much<br>
Terry</div><br clear=3D"none"></div><div id=3D"m_-1674444434110014623ydp2d0=
d7cefyahoo_quoted_6504698345"><div style=3D"font-family:&quot;Helvetica Neu=
e&quot;,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(38,40,42)">
            </div>
        </div></div>_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
m.net</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/winbla=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000c5452d065857b689--

--===============3920400985536971766==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3920400985536971766==--