Subject: [Vintage-race] PVGP/VRG Historic Races.

From: "Ralph Steinberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:53:30 -0400

Many of you will have already seen some recent mailings from me about the
PVGP/VRG Historic races at Pitt-Race (BeaveRun)

That's OK. Until you send in your entry and even after I suspect you will be
hearing from me.

I am asking you to bring your car out to this event. This is the kick off
for the PVGP celebration that will end with the Grand Prix at Schenley Park
one week later. In-between there are car shows, cruising nights and a ton of
things going on, but right now let's just talk about the Historic Races.

This is a joint effort of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and VRG. SO you
know it has to be a good event. PVGP is going into its 30th year of putting
on Vintage & Historic Races and I guess this is VRG's 7th year or so and you
all know what a great job they do.

So you know the event is going to be well managed with lots of exciting
things going on. We have a driver & crew reception trackside on Friday eve
and for those who wish to take advantage of it there is test and tune going
on all day Friday. Racing starts Saturday morning (coffee and doughnuts are
there for the taking each morning) 

 We start Saturday morning off with a quick practice - just enough so you
remember where that apex is at the top of the hill and how bloody fast you
can get going down the back straight. 

 Then we start you off with a 10 lap qualifier, followed by a 15 lap sprint.
Then we take a break and ask you to bring your cars out for Candy's Rides
(our charity laps) many tell me these track rides are the high point of the
weekend. For most of us we will wrap up with an 11 lap sprint race. For
those with Spridgets they will get to run in the Donna Mae Mims Memorial
Race.

That wraps Saturday, well not quite - Your entry includes two people for our
at the track party which is not to be mixed. It is open to all, we just ask
that you make a donation for any extra crew or family that you will be
bringing and on your entry form indicate the extras.

Sunday starts off with a 15 lap race and then we have two special sprint
races, our marque of the year which is MG this year. All MG's are invited to
this MG only sprint race. Then we end the morning with a Formula & Club Ford
only Race. Chris Shoemaker, owner of Royale FF will be sponsoring the
trophies for this race, I understand they are really neat. One of you has to
beat him. Would be embarrassing to give away a trophy to the sponsor!

Now we break for lunch and again bring your cars out for Candy's Rides. Did
I mention that something special will be done for two of the cars that come
out  - that is two each day. I think you will like it.

We wrap the day after our flag ceremonies and honor to our troops with a 17
lap feature race.

And besides having a great time driving on a course that is a great place
for a rookie to learn or a veteran to hone his/her skills on this very
technical track. You will participating in something as American as Apple
Pie. Yes we raise money for two fantastic Charities, Allegheny School and
Pittsburgh Autistic Society. 

 And what is more U.S.A. American than having a summer party to raise money
for those less fortunate than us. People living right here with us.

If you have never been come - I will guarantee you will be hard pressed to
go to a race anywhere and have as much fun or enjoy the people as much. If
you have not been back for a while come. We have paved the road coming in
and most of the paddock is redone. We will be opening a larger section of
track in 2014 but we need to get there first. We have added more things to
do for everyone. There are Flashlight Drags going on Saturday eve. You can
watch or participate (slight additional fee) And the Kart track is open all
weekend

Come on out and have a great time, great food, great party, great racing and
all for a cause that is a bit hard to fault.

Ralph Steinberg

PVGP Director of Competition PVGP/VRG Historics
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/vintage-race/[email-masked]